It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 The Desktop Showcase 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I made this with Paint.net. Feel Free to use it ;)

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:25 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I have to admit it is good. But I suggest making Zekrom a little bit darker and also with Reshiram but not as dark.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I just took the dream world art. All I really did was the background.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hope you won't mind me putting a little tutorial here...

1. Open up Paint.NET
2. Drag your arts in, resize them as necessary, then place them
3. Make sure your primary & secondary colors are black & white respectively
4. Make a linear gradient across the entire background
5. And you will get an identical copy of this wallpaper

Still, thanks for sharing!

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:54 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

It's the second image I made with the program. Of course it's going to be basic.

Mektar out.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I think he was telling us how to use it for our desktop, not criticizing you. Unless all three of us interpreted each other differently.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

ShinyLucario wrote:
Hope you won't mind me putting a little tutorial here...

You should never put up a tutorial for another's art. I can see how you were probably just trying to be helpful, but such an act can be interpreted to be extremely rude.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kurushel wrote:
You should never put up a tutorial for another's art. I can see how you were probably just trying to be helpful, but such an act can be interpreted to be extremely rude.

Oh, I'm really, really sorry for that!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

One I made
Zekrom the Deep Black Pok

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Uhh... dude? You might want to move that to your own thread, or else you're going to get off much worse than ShinyLucario.....

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:09 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

You know what... we could use a thread for showcasing desktops. I'm changing the thread name!

Mektar out.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oookay then, nevermind! This should be interesting. Let's see if I feel like I should change my desktop background.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I guess it's time for me to make a little atonement contribution:
Made with Paint.NET. Feel free to download & use, but please don't claim as your own.
I made it in a pretty short time, yet I'm still pleased with it. If you feel what needs to be improved, please tell me!
PS: The wallpaper is supposed to be 1024x768, but for some reason it was automatically resized to 640x480, so sorry if it's blurry when you use it.
EDIT: Fixed by switching to ImageShack.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]