It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Unofficial Metroid Thread 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Since I couldn't find a thread for this (SHAME FOR FORGETTING METROID!) I created a thread.

I have only played one Metroid game (Thanks,Daniel!) and that's Metroid:Fusion.It was pretty hard,but it never got old.My favorite part is the battle with Ridley SA-X (Love dragons and anything resembling them!) and also the battle with the Space Jump SA-X.That boss helped me overcome arachniphobia.

(Just so the rule sticklers don't freak out,this thread is for anything Metroid,including but not limited to cheats,experiences,Q & A,and fan clubs)

Also,my best time is one hour and thirty-nine minutes.Beat that! XD

My new Dark dragon,Chaos!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:10 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Only one Metroid game? You need to play some more! If you loved Fusion, you'd definitely love the bajeebers out of Super Metroid. Find an old copy, emulate it, I don't care, but you need to play that one for sure. The gameplay is almost exactly the same, seeing as Fusion takes place in the timeline after Super. Super has a few different abilities like, including selectively choosing which beams to use and combining them as well (although in retrospect... in Fusion they just sorta made them stack up automatically, so I guess it's a downgrade).

Back to Fusion though, I love that game. I really like the whole X virus story, and being pursued by SA-X was so nerve wracking (in particular the encounter after you restore power and are on your way to defeat the source of the plants). The ending against the Omega Metroid was sweet as well, finally attaining the actual Ice Beam from that SA-X.

Metroid for the NES is the original and also great, but it's pretty difficult. Even more difficult in my opinion is Metroid II for gameboy, with its destroy-all-metroids mission.

The Prime series is fantastic as well, and although they are first person shooters (third person for morph ball), they still nail the Metroid gameplay style (acquiring powerups, revisiting areas, puzzle-platforming, etc). If you have a Wii, you can buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy disc and get all three for a bargain. A must buy if you can.

The only one I have not played is the most recent, Metroid: Other M for Wii. I really want to give it a try though.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'll do what I can to get one of those games (maybe Daniel has some more...).I thought of some of the unanswered questions in Metroid,and I decided to answer those questions...and I forgot to put the darned thing on my flash drive!
Okay,I'll post the answers next week.I DO remember the questions,so I'll post them here as a teaser! XD

DISCLAIMER:THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS ARE BASED ON MY OPINION NOT THAT OF THE CREATOR(S) OF METROID.ALSO,SOME OF YOU MAY ALREADY KNOW THESE THINGS.THIS WAS WRITTEN MAINLY FOR THOSE WHO DON'T QUITE UNDERSTAND THE GAME.NO OFFENSE INTENDED.

Mystery #1
What is the thing you face at the end of the game?

Mystery #2
If only one X absorbed Samus's latent abilities how did the abilities get into the other bosses?

Mystery #3
What is all that junk laying around after you defeat Ridley?

Mystery #4
There is a skeleton in the room before you face Serris.Whose is it?

Mystery #5
What happened to the caterpillar-type things in Sector 2 (TRO) after you get the Hi-Jump/Jump Ball?

Please check back next week for the answers to these (and maybe others!) questions! Peace out!

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I got Other M a few days ago. It's story-driven, but it doesn't really compare to Super Metroid or Metroid Prime. Also, I have some issues with the controls. Overall, it's pretty neat.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I am SO sorry for the wait.My computer got infected and I lost EVERYTHING.I did manage to save this one piece of this one file,however.It took forever,but I got it.Maybe I'll be able to get my other stuff back,but I doubt it.

Mystery #2: How do Samus's latent abilities get into the other bosses?

"Don't be so surprised, Samus. You know that the X reproduce by asexual division. Because of this mechanism, there are now no fewer than 10 SA-X on board the station." When the SA-X split and became two, it discharged one of Samus's latent abilities to the offspring. The first boss you face (Arachnus) is the Morph Ball SA-X, the boss of SRX is the Charge Beam SA-X, the boss of TRO is the Hi-Jump SA-X, the X that took over Serris in AQA is the Speed Booster SA-X, the X that took over the B. O. X. was the Wave Beam SA-X, the X that absorbed the Varia Suit...I think that may have been either an SA-X offspring that didn't get an ability or a completely different X, the X at the controls in PYR is the Wide Beam SA-X, the boss in the Reactor Silo is the Space Jump SA-X, the Mother Plant in TRO is the Plasma Beam SA-X, the X that took over Nightmare was the Gravity Suit SA-X, the X that took over Ridley was the Screw Attack SA-X, and the SA-X you face on the Operations Deck is the original Ice Beam/Super Missile/Power Bomb SA-X!

That was all I could salvage of the files.I'm SO sorry guys.I'll do what I can to retrive the rest,but I doubt I'll be able to.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Metroid is incredibly epic. There is no other series capable of creating such a mood without blood. The gameplay is great too.

I

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

These are my answers to Kelsie's mysteries, highlight to view spoilers.

Draconian Kelsie wrote:
Mystery #1
What is the thing you face at the end of the game?

Highlight to view spoiler.
That's the Omega Metroid, one of the forms seen during Metroid II, and was cloned by the Galactic federation from the baby metroid that saved Samus twice over.

Mystery #2
If only one X absorbed Samus's latent abilities how did the abilities get into the other bosses?

This one's been answered by Kelsie, and I like her answer better. My theory is that the core X possessed those creatures, copied and killed them, and when Samus defeated them, she was able to take the X's abilities obtained from the creature for herself.

Mystery #3
What is all that junk laying around after you defeat Ridley?

What junk? I just watched a replay of Ridley X's death, and I saw nothing of the like. Please clarify.

Mystery #4
There is a skeleton in the room before you face Serris.Whose is it?

The skeleton actually belongs to the "real" Serris. The X killed it and copied its body and abilities.

Mystery #5
What happened to the caterpillar-type things in Sector 2 (TRO) after you get the Hi-Jump/Jump Ball?

The caterpillars pupated and turned into the wasp-like things you now see attacking you.

Please check back next week for the answers to these (and maybe others!) questions! Peace out!

Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]