It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Did that actually happen? II (New Round!) 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah my turn!
Trading possible!
Yellow: If you decided to teach your {pikachu} Surf, after you got the HM from the Safari Zone You could Head south of Fushia City to Route 19 and play a special Mini Game.
Crystal: Me and my fresh caught Ho-oh {ho-oh} challenge The Battle Tower at the level 40 Rank, With the power of the Rainbow we claim victory againest the foes {scizor} Scizor!
Gold: Rt. 34 I was facing east While fishing with my trusty super rod, when I hooked a shining gold {krabby} Krabby!
LeafGreen: I was busy hatching a timid {abra} Abra with the elementary punches, when I discovered that you can ride your bike around the southern coast of kanto without dismounting your bike ever! Vermillion, Saffron, Celadon, Fushia, Lavender repeat! assuming that snorlaxs and all trainers are defeated.

FireRed/LeafGreen: Trainer Tower is the ONLY Place you'll see another trainer with a Shiny Pok

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1- Im gonna say false. Although i havent played yellow, mini games werent introduced till gen 3.
2- FALSE- battle tower wasnt intoduced till gen 3.
3- Im gonna say true,this is literally a shot in the dark.
4-True- I know cause ive done it
5- True- Ive seen it.
6- False- you cant cathc any pokemon in the bsae (ive tried...)
7-False- There are a lot of trees, but no camper.
8-True- makes sense.
9- False- I havent seen any pick up trucks???

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:41 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Grades So Far (Percentage Right)
Need T/F AND Reasoning to be right

A 100-96 A- 95-90 B+ 89-87 B 86-83 B- 82-80
C+ 79-77 C 76-73 C- 72-70 D+69-67 D 66-63
D- 62-60 F 59-0

GofD: F 33%

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:22 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yellow: True, The mini game is there, and assuming you traded Pikachu from Pokemon Stadium, it can learn Surf.
Crystal: False, Ho-Oh is encountered at level 60 in Crystal.
Gold: True, Krabby can be found on Route 34 on Gold, shinies were introduced in G/S, and it is hypothetically possible to fish facing easy in a couple spots on the route, although the coast is on the west side.
LeafGreen: True, although while you can go through the entire coast without dismounting your bike, you stated "Vermillion, Saffron, Celadon, Fushia, Lavender repeat!", and there is no way to get between Lavender and Vermilion without backtracking or going through Saffron.
FireRed/LeafGreen: True. There is at least a shiny Espeon in Trainer Tower, and there are no other trainer-owned shinies in the game.
Sapphire: False, you cannot use any rods in the sub bay.
Ruby: False, there is no camper seen anywhere on the ride up the cable car.
Emerald: False, there are indeed 324 graves, but 3F (58 total) has the most, not 2F (54 total).
All GBA games: True, there are various moving trucks/delivery trucks in every pokemon game.
(Bonus) FireRed: False, your rival never has a Plusle in Fire Red.

And yes, I got 5/5, but I think these are right, so I'm ignoring your hint. Can you PM me the right answers if I'm wrong, though? I spent a fair amount of time checking these, and I'm really curious what's right/wrong. And I won't share them with anyone. ;)

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay its been long enough.
Here are the Correct Answers!
1. False, although haveing a surfing {pikachu} in yellow is possible and the mini game is real, however you can't teach it surf in yellow. This can only be done in pokemon stadium.
2. False, although {ho-oh} can be used in the battle tower, unlike later versions, It is forced to battle in a tier Higher than its level.
So the level 40 {ho-oh} caught in gold verison would be forced to battle in the level 50 tier
3.True, although Rt. 34's coast faces west it was possible to fish facing east if you fished in the day care pond. (I also really did catch a shiny {krabby} there)
4. True, unlike modern ds game that force you off your bike in in guard stations (that building that goes between routes) you could just ride through in FR/LG
5. True, Trainer tower is actually home to 2 shiny pokemon Image and a Image
6.False, no pokemon live in the aqua or magma hide out.
7.True, Bad question, because I couldn't find proof of it on the internet, it must be a rare occurance but I've seen it twice once on Ruby and once on Emerald. My guess is that it only happens at a certian time of day, which was measured in RSE.
8.False, right number of graves but its the third floor that has the most.
9.True, RSE you start the game in the back of a truck. There is also a secert truck in vermillion port in FRLG. which BTW was mentioned in the Psypoke trivia challenge.
10. True, I really tried to mess you up here. December 2004 was before emerald was released. So even pikachu couldn't learn it yet, however I discovered that it existed because my {plusle} which I imported from Colloseum(nothing special about it), used Metronome, a tutored move in FRLG, and used the move volt tackle because it was already in the games move bank.

JsXtm wins this round.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:16 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

/vXv\ wrote:
Ruby: While taking the Cable car up Mount Chimney to restock my Lava cookies I noticed a single green camper walking down the slope.

Oh my goodness! I thought I was seeing things!
That happened to me aswell, a long time ago, but I've never seen anything on the internet about it before!
It happened in my Emerald version.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:47 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Okay, here goes... mine will be considerably less challenging, because I've only got 3 games. 2 True, 1 False.

1. FireRed: I've done everything that I can do without another person to play with, in almost 500 hours of play time, and my trainer card has three stickers on the back.

2. Emerald: In the battle frontier, my team for the Battle Palace is mostly physical sweepers, because Adamant pokemon are a pretty good choice to use here.

3. LeafGreen: With a team I bred in Emerald and traded over, I managed to make my Elite Four debut at 33:32:02.

So... go. I'll be evaluating on both answer and correct reasoning, so it may be a LITTLE bit harder than it sounds. ;)

Edit: So, I messed up a bit; number two should be Physical Sweepers, not Special Sweepers. Since that was NOT an intentional error on my part, torchie13125 can edit his answer. I'm not giving him any feedback before he edits it, though.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. False, because there are no stickers in FR/LG, and they certainly don't appear in the BACK.
2. True, because Adamant Nature is Sp. Attack down, so they ARE good physical sweepers.
3. False, because you can't trade from Emerald until you beat the Elite Four the first time AND do the quest for the Ruby and Sapphire.
Done Editing!

Last edited by torchie13125 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. False you need to complete the pokedex to get the last sticker which requires You Have RS verison the third sticker is for number of verse battles victories but if your playing by yourself you can't do that, ( but you could if you had two gameboys (see question 3) but you'd be playing againest yourself which is pointless and boring)
2. True, Adamant pokemon will actually listen to you no matter what condition they are in
3. True you could have traded to your completed FR a Kanto team, then sent it to LG (thats what I did!)

Last edited by /vXv\ on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:49 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Scores so far (6 total possible points, for correct answer and correct reasoning.):
torchie13125 - 3/6
/vXv\ - 5/6

Nobody is completely right yet, and so the round is still open.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Whooops!
Verify in game before checking online.
fixed my answer

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:29 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Alright, Batmaster (/vXv\) fixed the part that was wrong, he wins this round. My full answers were:

1. FireRed: I've done everything that I can do without another person to play with, in almost 500 hours of play time, and my trainer card has three stickers on the back.

False. Without another person, I can't have done any Versus battles, which is one of the three stickers.

2. Emerald: In the battle frontier, my team for the Battle Palace is mostly physical sweepers, because Adamant pokemon are a pretty good choice to use here.

True. Adamant is the nature of choice for physical sweepers, and Adamant Pokemon are No Preference/Damage in the Battle Palace.

3. LeafGreen: With a team I bred in Emerald and traded over, I managed to make my Elite Four debut at 33:32:02.

True. I bred them in Emerald to use the Everstone effects on nature there, and then traded them to FR, and then on to LG. All were Pokemon available without the National Dex in LG/FR.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

/vXv\\'s wonderfully hard questions! Trading NOT counted this round, there is the T/F hint in there somewhere

Emerald: Smeargle {smeargle} is an extremely unique Pok

Last edited by /vXv\ on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

1. False Smeargle is found in a cave beside the battle frontier.
2. True Lugia can't learn Psycho Boost
EDIT= 3. Um, no idea what game this is so false. The premier ball was not envented yet. (yes thats a guess)
3. True He has Espeon and Umbreon
4. True you start off in the top corner all the time
5. False zigzagoons can't pick up rare candies at the beginning at a low level
6. True TM 12 is Sweet Scent
7. True, the only other pokemon are Onix, Golbat, Geodude, Graveler, and Zubat
8. True, he only has Infernape and Rapidash
9. False Regigigas doesn't awaken the three other regi's
10. True she wants to trade female for your male
11. True although I havn't seen that, I have seen articuno, so i assume that you can see others as well.
12. False, music doesn't affect catching pokemon
13. False, pokemon can't start off asleep
14. False, they wouldn't use crogunk
15. EDIT= True (togepi must count then, in order to have the correct amount of true/false) Hmmm, if togepi counts, then true. If not, then its false. There are only seven baby pokemon, if you dont count togepi.

Most of this is probalby wrong, but I tried hard.

EDIT I just notcied the True/Flase, and that I missed the third one, sorry.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1.False- Although Emerald is the only gen 3 game that has smergale in it, smergale is not exculsive to emerald. He can also be found in G?s and there remakes HG/SS (im assuming).

2. False, lugia cant learn psycho boost.

3. Im gonna say false, since the premier ball was only introduced in Gen3.

4. True, playing as the male character you will move into the tope left, female top right.

5. False, surskit dont appear that early in the game.

6.Errr, im gonna say false, she doesnt have apink butterfree.

7.True, you can catch steelix on iron island, who you would normaly have to trade an onix with metal coat to obtain.

8. True, if you obtain reggiggas from a Toys r us event, you will be able to awaken regice, registeel, and regirock. If you transfer the three regis over from emerald/sapphire/ ruby, you will be able to awaken reggiggas.

9. False, the nidoran female isnt holding anything.

10. False, the only legendary bird you see is articuno, through the binoculars.

11. guess true.

12. Fasle, pokemon do not appear with status conditions in the wild.

13. Guess false.

14. False, only 5 baby pokes were introduced in gen2: pichu, cleffa, igglypuff, elekid and magby.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD, you missed two questions.
And you also missed some baby pokemon in Gen 2. Think of Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Jynx

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quit Hinting!

HtP
10/32 correct F
GofD
9/32 correct F

Note 1 pt for T/F and 1 pt for reason

Keep trying you didn't even get half right!

Last edited by /vXv\ on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

1. True Smeargle is found in a cave inside the battle frontier.
3. False, the bike is called the Spider Bike
4. False. The premier ball was not envented yet.
5. True you start off in the top corner all the time
6. False zigzagoons can't pick up rare candies at the beginning at a low level
7. False she doesnt have a shiny butterfree
8. True, the only other pokemon are Onix, Golbat, Geodude, Graveler, and Zubat
9. True, he only has Infernape and Rapidash
10. True, getting Regigigas from an event awakens the three other regi's
11. False, it isnt holding anything
12. True although I havn't seen that, I have seen articuno, so i assume that you can see others as well.
13. False, music doesn't affect catching pokemon
14. False, pokemon can't start off asleep
15. True they have those pokemon
16. True (togepi must count then, in order to have the correct amount of true/false) Hmmm, if togepi counts, then true. If not, then its false. There are only seven baby pokemon, if you dont count togepi.

Last edited by hammythepig on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I don't know about most of these, but I will say one thing: Highlight to view spoiler.
Think events! For which question, you ask? I'm not telling!

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

HtP
8/32 Lower score F

Htp 2
11/32 still pretty bad F

Last edited by /vXv\ on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ouch, ok. I knew I wasn't good at this.
It would be easier if you told me which ones were right =(

1. False Smeargle is found in a cave beside the battle frontier.
3. False, the bike is called the Spider Bike
4. False. The premier ball was not envented yet.
7. False she doesnt have a shiny butterfree
8. True, the only other pokemon are Onix, Golbat, Geodude, Graveler, and Zubat
9. True, he only has Infernape and Rapidash
11. False, it isnt holding anything
12. False, only Articuno can be seen
13. True, medicham is a uniquie pokemon that is in the 3rd gen, but appears for Sinnoh Sound.
15. False, there is no Croagunk
16. True, there are 8 baby pokemon (do you want me to list them?)

How's that?

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

1. False. While Smeargle can only be found in the wild in Emerald for Gen. III games, you can still find them in G/S/C, D/P/Pt, and HG/SS.
2. False. You can't purify XD001 normally. It can only be purified by using all 9 purification chambers at once.
3. False. The motorcycle isn't a Hover Harley.
4. True. The fountain does have a Premier Ball at the top. Enough explaining.
5. True. You always move into the Northwest corner of Littleroot. Coincidentally, the only other region where you live in the Northwest corner of the town is in Kanto. These two are also the only major regions in Gen. III. Interesting...
6. True. Surskits are rare in Route 102, and the first Pokemon games where Pick-up is affected by levels in Emerald.
7. False. Although you get TM 12 as you exit Ilex Forest, the Butterfree wasn't pink. I think. I haven't played Crystal in a long time.
8. False. With any Gen. III cartridge in the GBA slot of a DS or a DS Lite, you can find wild Gengars in D/P/Pt in the Old Chateau.
9. True. Flint has only an Infernape and a Rapidash. The other three Pokemon are not Fire-typed. In Platinum, they add more Pokemon to the Sinnoh Dex, so Flint actually has a Fire-typed team that isn't pathetic.
10. True. The Lv. 100 Event Regigigas awakens Lv. 30 Regirock, Regice, and Registeel in game. The Regi's you catch will awaken the Lv. 1 Regigigas at the bottom of Snowpoint Temple.
11. True. 'MS.NIDO' is holding a TinyMushroom after you trade your Nidoran Male for her in the entrance area of the North-South tunnel. For all the trivia nerds out there: she also has a BOLD nature, her OT is Saige; and her IV's for HP, Atk., Def., Sp. A., Sp. D., and Spd. are 26/10/15/12/11/12, respectively.
12. False. It's possible to see Articuno from a pair of binoculars, but not Zapdos or Moltres. Moltres was too busy moving from Victory Road to Mt. Ember to Mt. Silver, I understand that, but what's Zapdos' deal?
13. True. You can catch Meditite in Johto by playing the Sinnoh Sound, which I do not get at all. That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.
14. True. There are Heracross in Route 44, which is East of Mahogany Town. Also, at night, Heatbutting a Pokemon out of a tree will sometimes start the battle with it sleeping. There was False Swipe back in G/S/C, and there were Level Balls from the Apricorns.
15. False. I searched the entire HGSS Kanto walkthrough - including the optional areas section - and found no trainers with those Pokemon. I found no trainers with those Pokemon and then one or two more, either. This search took me two days, so I'm feeling pretty good about this answer.
16. True. Technically, both Togepi and Riolu are baby Pokemon, even though they were introduced in the same generation as their evolutions. With Togepi in the mix, that makes 8: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby (in National Pokedex order).

I hope these answers are correct and acceptable.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh good job!
Mister D
23/32 C-

HtP 3
13/32 F
Let me clarify a little
I re-worded the questions a little
Pink butterfree Image Shiny Butterfree

Games still wide open

HtP 4
17/32 F

Last edited by /vXv\ on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

1. True Smeargle is found in a cave inside the battle frontier.
3. False, his two pokemon are not waiting for him, they are in his party
4. True, the premier ball is in the fountain.
7. True, her butterfree appears pink because of the poor colour quality of the GameBoy Color (thats ironic)
8. False, Gengar can be caught in the Purple Painting room of the Old Chateau
9. True, he only has Infernape and Rapidash, thats only 2 out of 5
11. True, it is holding the tinimushroom
12. False, only Articuno can be seen
13. True, medicham is a uniquie pokemon that is in the 3rd gen, but appears for Sinnoh Sound.
15. False, there is no trainer with that team
16. True, there are 8 baby pokemon: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OK its been long enough here are the answers

Emerald: Smeargle {smeargle} is an extremely unique Pok

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next