It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 I feel like this generation is already becoming obsolete. =[ 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I feel like the pokemon company is pushing too many games, and that's fun and all, but I think Diamond will be a dinosaur's game in two years. Do you agree?

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

partially, everyone acts like GBA games are ancient but there stille reletively current, but yeah i feel the same way about dppt
it's 2 bad

My trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27589

my fc:0561 1373 6911

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:27 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

graah2 wrote:
partially, everyone acts like GBA games are ancient but there stille reletively current

Speak for yourself please. I don't think GBA games are ancient, they are still a part of my regular video game playing rotation. Right now Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver are all the current games in any country not named Japan. Right now they are anything but "obsolete." You still need them to get Zoroark in the fifth generation of games, and they have a special machine to transfer your Gen IV Pokemon over to the Gen V games, which gives them use and prevents them from becoming "obsolete."

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:51 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Yeah...they aren't becoming obsolete per say but it just seems like the Gen is moving by fast to some & the games aren't favored by some so it gets boring faster but in no way are they becoming obsolete...

I still play all the Gen 4 games in my collection like they are the new games on the block, mainly I put most of my time into Soul Silver & Platinum as they are funner to play through for me though...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i dont feel like its ancient its just everyone round where i live refers to it as the oldest game they own, which is pathetic to say the least
and i agree completely with Lawence Codye its true

My trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27589

my fc:0561 1373 6911

Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I love the 4th gen games and play them a lot. My favorite is Diamond, though Heart Gold is also an awesome game. I have played every generation and still have all of my games. I have replaced the battery in my Yellow twice and Red once, my Crystal and my Silver once and just re-purchased all of the gen 3 games. So I currently play Yellow, Silver, Emerald, Leaf Green, Diamond, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. As you can see, I still get down with a lot of the old games. I mainly play the "Old Yeller" when I am bored dealing with natures and just want to wreck things with my level 100 team. Obsolete means no longer in use, I would venture to say that DPP is still just as used as HG/SS and as the BW release is still months off I would say Gen 4 is still thriving more than dying out...

Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:39 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Zero Cool wrote:
Obsolete means no longer in use, I would venture to say that DPP is still just as used as HG/SS and as the BW release is still months off I would say Gen 4 is still thriving more than dying out...

I would dare say by that logic that even half a year after BW comes out DPPt & especially HGSS will still be very much as not Obsolete as they are right now, just that BW will probably be played more often then the other games...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:16 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Obsolete? No. Slowly being pushed out of the limelight? Yes.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, that's basically what I meant. >.<
"Pushed out of the limelight".

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't think the GBA games are 'ancient'. In fact my main game now is my FireRed.
And for some weird reason, in order to complete the Gen 4 dex, you must catch {regirock} , {regice} , and {registeel} in R/S/E, since those are the ONLY pokemon that are not avaiable in D/P/P or HG/SS. But in Platinum, if you have the event {regigigas} , you can unlock the trio. Other than that, no other way.
Also you must use all three of the Regis to catch {regigigas} in D/P/P.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
But in Platinum, if you have the event {regigigas} , you can unlock the trio. Other than that, no other way.

Yep, I guess that would prevent those not-brand-new version from becoming unusable... you know what I mean.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jeneus wrote:
Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
But in Platinum, if you have the event {regigigas} , you can unlock the trio. Other than that, no other way.

Yep, I guess that would prevent those not-brand-new version from becoming unusable... you know what I mean.

True. Although the only places i can find the GBA games are at Gamestop and Ebay.
And i bet some people wouldn't want to spend $30 or more and have to go through another riguous adventure in a new region just to get 3 rare pokemon.

Then again, theres probably a bigger fraction of people who would do the hard work for 3 pokes.

EDIT
I just realized that they might be making R/S/E remakes. Not 100% sure but they could be. Thus making the GBA games unrequired for the DS games!

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]