It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Please help with my pokemon emerald team :D 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So i Have just started, well 3rd badge. I want a good team as *weeps* i have never been able to complete emerald as well i dunno. I want suggestion from inside the game. so here it is:
Marshstomp
Beautifly} i dont want 2 flying types suggestions
Swellow}
Electrike
Numel
Aron
I no it needs work. as i said i dont want 2 flying types i was thinkin claydol/flygon but thats would be 3 grounds which is unstable. Please open to suggestions, has to be INGAME pokemon . .:D

this is my first time to this site sorry if i have posted in the worng place . .

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:57 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Gardevoir makes an excellent special sweeper. In my experience, Aron and its evolutions are not a very good choice; they die easily to fighting type moves, even with their huge defense stat, and there seem to be a lot of fighting type moves used by the in-game trainers in Emerald. Your other team choices are okay, although I would remove either Beautifly or Swellow; not because they are both flying, but because they are both overall fairly weak pokemon. Flygon is a good pokemon to consider adding, it learns some very good moves and has good stats.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The thing that I have always maintained when working with teams is to make sure that you are working towards countering your own weaknesses and utilizing your opponents'. That being said, you still have Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate/Liza, and Juan to beat (not even counting Trainers along the way) before you can challenge the E4.

So if you build just a team of 6 Pokemon to use throughout the whole game, make sure that their movesets compensate to the point where you have a plan for every major battle (heck, even minor ones because the Walkthroughs include Trainer data in most cases).

Now you want my recommendations, and before I go on that list, use Pokemon that you enjoy working with. Regardless of what anyone else says, if you want to use a Swellow, go for it! (True, Beautifly isn't the best, and neither is Swellow...)

However, here are some general ideas for you to consider (and yes, there are more than six I know...) [Sorry I didn't check on availability beforehand, I'm lazy... :P]

Swampert
Absolutely bomb in those games, and in the best way possible. Especially if you do a varied moveset, this will be a great choice, so keep it.
Manectric
Great for double battles, although not too many of those happen in the game that are from the "higher-ups" (Tate/Liza the obvious exception, but it won't help against their Rock types).
Camerupt
Other than the fact that you already have Swampert, I would definitely consider this one as a nice possibility (never pull it out on a Water type!)
Sableye
Aside from the fact that it has no weaknesses, Sableye can be a bit of a liability in battle (also availability might be an issue), but consider it.
Dragon/Flying
Yes, I'm leaving that one open, because it depends on what kind of player you are. Like Attack? Go Salamence, but Altaria is a great alternative and perhaps a little easier to get (not necessarily train).
Gardevoir
As JsXtm said, great Special Sweeper, especially if you still need one on your team. Another viable Psychic option might be to consider a Medicham.
Ludicolo
If you really don't want to keep Swampert, this is probably the best Water-type besides it introduced in this Gen. (Free to argue if you wish.) Again, varied moveset helps extremely here.
Metagross
Another great Special Sweeper if you don't like having Gardevoir. A lot harder to train, out of experience.
Kecleon
Admittedly, this one is a personal favorite due to its ability (just plan to be the first to strike and faint the opponent otherwise they might counter well.)

Hope this gives you some ideas! Welcome to Psypoke.

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
The thing that I have always maintained when working with teams is to make sure that you are working towards countering your own weaknesses and utilizing your opponents'. That being said, you still have Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate/Liza, and Juan to beat (not even counting Trainers along the way) before you can challenge the E4.

So if you build just a team of 6 Pokemon to use throughout the whole game, make sure that their movesets compensate to the point where you have a plan for every major battle (heck, even minor ones because the Walkthroughs include Trainer data in most cases).

Now you want my recommendations, and before I go on that list, use Pokemon that you enjoy working with. Regardless of what anyone else says, if you want to use a Swellow, go for it! (True, Beautifly isn't the best, and neither is Swellow...)

However, here are some general ideas for you to consider (and yes, there are more than six I know...) [Sorry I didn't check on availability beforehand, I'm lazy... :P]

Swampert
Absolutely bomb in those games, and in the best way possible. Especially if you do a varied moveset, this will be a great choice, so keep it.
Manectric
Great for double battles, although not too many of those happen in the game that are from the "higher-ups" (Tate/Liza the obvious exception, but it won't help against their Rock types).
Camerupt
Other than the fact that you already have Swampert, I would definitely consider this one as a nice possibility (never pull it out on a Water type!)
Sableye
Aside from the fact that it has no weaknesses, Sableye can be a bit of a liability in battle (also availability might be an issue), but consider it.
Dragon/Flying
Yes, I'm leaving that one open, because it depends on what kind of player you are. Like Attack? Go Salamence, but Altaria is a great alternative and perhaps a little easier to get (not necessarily train).
Gardevoir
As JsXtm said, great Special Sweeper, especially if you still need one on your team. Another viable Psychic option might be to consider a Medicham.
Ludicolo
If you really don't want to keep Swampert, this is probably the best Water-type besides it introduced in this Gen. (Free to argue if you wish.) Again, varied moveset helps extremely here.
Metagross
Another great Special Sweeper if you don't like having Gardevoir. A lot harder to train, out of experience.
Kecleon
Admittedly, this one is a personal favorite due to its ability (just plan to be the first to strike and faint the opponent otherwise they might counter well.)

Hope this gives you some ideas! Welcome to Psypoke.

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

So i have swap a bitt how does this sound:
Swampert
Manetric
camerupt
Altaria
Hariyama
Arggon

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

looks decent- much better at the very least. I dislike altaria in emerald in-game but that is your choice

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Keep the Aron! When you get it evolved twice its a super-powered steel type! Then look for an Absol. Its the only good dark type in-game.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I don't really know but the gps says to make a illegal u-turn I wonder if it's a bug type
And dude when u get a beldum keep it and put the exp share on it and evolve it into a metagross and you have aforce to be reckoned with.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

But theirs a catch when getting Beldum. You have to had beaten the Elite Four. :|

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yeah it's godd to have a Metagross

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Get rid of beautifly, and probably electrike. But the most important thing is, make sure all your pokemon can copensate for their weaknesses.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Don't use 3 or more of one type or else it will be unbalanced

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{swampert} {tyranitar} {gardevoir} {pidgeot} {raichu} {blaziken}

Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:28 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

lol, i seldom use a whole team and i beat the whole game by just using my starter (Charizard for FRLG and Blaziken for RSE), if you train their ev to the max and be a little bit hardworking in training your sole fighter, you should be able to solo the elite 4 :mrgreen: :violin: :D for team, i prefer those pokemon with 2 really high stats, preferably over 350 at level 100 (e.g. hp & attack for blaziken), alakazam will do great as special sweeper, golem a tank (as you can get these 2 very early in the game), i basically chooses the ones with best stats. (check the psydex for the stats)

Last edited by JsXtm on Tue May 22, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Psypoke has its own pokedex.

Tue May 22, 2012 8:28 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Your team is fine but you need to change some things.
Here's what I would recommend:
Marshtomp(or Swampert)
Manectric(owing to its high speed)
Torkoal(Super Defense, good atk and sp.atk)
Beautifly(make it learn silver wind)
Lairon(if you have evolved aron)
Hariyama(catch makuhita in granite cave and evolve it) or Swalot(get gulpin north of mauville and evolve it)
I hope this helps. :D :)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]