It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New abilities: Uses 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, but Lead Infernape rarely lasts 4 turns to miss losing 8pp.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

*head bang head bang head bang*

Ok, Game Freak. This is too far.

I though balancing was going to be incredible, after their attention to competitive battling in DPP. Now... hopefully people are going to find at least one decent counter for each one other than Skill Swap or Gastro Acid.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
GofD wrote:
Posion rampage-Why the heck would I posion MY OWN POKEMON?? This just doesnt make sense to me.

A few select reasons. Swellow-Guts STAB Facade. Ursaring-Guts STAB Facade, or Quick Feet STAB Facade. Did I mention how Facade DOUBLES its Base Power when the Pokemon using it has a status condition?

OK, yeah thats nice and all, but purposely POSIONING one of my own pokemon doesnt make sense to me. Putting one alseep the nusing snore makes sense, but POSIONING? If I did that with my battle style, id get my butt kicked by the NPC's. I wouldnt even do that against a HUMAN opponet.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well lets see poisoning your own Pokemon has several advantages. One it gives you extra attack power with Guts, so basically a free Choice Band with the ability to switch attacks. Two it gives you a free Choice Scarf in the case of Quick Feet. Three you ge a 140 or 120 Base Power move with no recoil with Facade. Four it gives you a Pokemon to absorb status. Hrm Poisoning your own Pokemon makes just as much sense as Rest and Sleep Talk doesn't it?

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok shinja, you made your point. Poisoning your own pokemon has its advantages. But id personally prefer sleep because your pokemon can come out of it on its own, and you dont lose Hp. But I do agree with you now, if one has the resorces poisoning your own pokemon can be a good thing.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Another downer to rest+sleep talk is the lack of attack slots, being limited to two. and sleep talk chooses at random with a 33% chance of using rest/failing

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasterChef wrote:
Another downer to rest+sleep talk is the lack of attack slots, being limited to two. and sleep talk chooses at random with a 33% chance of using rest/failing

Well Rest+Sleep Talk was always sort of gimmicky anyway. Generally you put Rest and Sleep Talk on a Pokemon that can really take the hits, so it wouldn't matter if you got Rest while using Sleep Talk. To me Poison Rampage is looking good to me. Give Zangoose a Choice Scarf and switch it into a Toxic, and it would work decently as a revenge killer.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

this is sick for UU or NU exggutor and tropius can rest lum evry turn if they if they need to with harvest. They recycle their berry every time it used but not when its eaten or knocked off. you can get unlimited pp in battle with leppa

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Keep in mind both have a plethora of weaknesses including a 4x each that make tanking sets difficult.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i know, i wasent really talking about them tanking just being a pain to kill and impossible to status
but you have a point what is it bug is egg's quad weakness and ice is tropius's, right?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2