It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 The most depressing Anime you ever watched... 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I was just wondering what Anime was the most depressing for whatever reason Anime you ever watched?
(you can post up to 5 as I'm sure not everyone has only 1, but no more & Anime Films & Dub Anime count but not Cartoons or US Animation.

For me...mine were;
1. End of Evangelion (I mean just like that though the movie ended very slowly :shock: morably depressing indeed)
2. Full Metal Alchemist Movie (I mean the ending was depressing here too, though I actually like it because of this.)
3. Persona / Trinity Soul (Episode 23 I think, anyway this one almost made me cry a little)
4. Bleach / Memories of Nobody (Even with the aftercredits, I still felt bad for Senna, this one almost made me cry a little also)
5. Blood+ (Episode 49 & 50, enough said :frustrated: Why, Why...)

That's it for me...how about you?

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:57 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

For me I would have to say that these animes I found to be quite depressing.

1. Full Metal Alchemist. Sorry but this anime just took a turn to being depressing when we learned what it takes to make a pholosipher stone.

2. Wolf's Rain. When there is a mast murder of the character's you have grown attached to it becomes very sad. Swear I felt like crying the first time I was watching the last few episodes that started the killing of everybody.

3. Trigun. Close to the end of the series the episodes started to get serious and start playing with your heart.

4. Silver Fang I think is the english title for this old anime otherwise its also known as Ginga Nagareboshi Gin. Sadly you know that there is going to be a battle the whole time but you just never know just how sad this battle may be.

Those are the only ones that I can think of off the top of my head. They are all good anime but they do become somewhat depressing either at the end or something like that.

Heart Gold: 0303 2082 5708
Diamond: 0689 7105 0294

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*Cries* Death note ;__ ; The ending should've been different...

Fri May 14, 2010 5:10 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah Darkrai-follower, I would have put Death Note among my choices if only Yagami didn't deserve his fate but unfortunetely he did so I don't find that depressing however I do find it depressing what happens to his sister who was one of my favorite characters in the series minor or not minor...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 15, 2010 11:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:

Yeah Darkrai-follower, I would have put Death Note among my choices if only Yagami didn't deserve his fate but unfortunetely he did so I don't find that depressing however I do find it depressing what happens to his sister who was one of my favorite characters in the series minor or not minor...

Yeah, first i was bummed out by L's death..then Yagami's! Would've made a rather good ending if he got away with it.

And yeah, i actually felt for his sister. She didnt deserve it D: But the plot of DN was quite intruguing...Ahaa

Sun May 16, 2010 5:08 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yes it was & I agree, if he would have lived (mainly because L died) then that show would have been just epically ended, but of course I knew he was set to die when Ryuk told him that he would end up being the one to write his(Light/Kira's) name into his Death Note so when the time came I know that most good anime like this ends with the protagonist dying which lead me to believe that he would die somehow, just not that pathetically...

Mon May 17, 2010 4:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Yes it was & I agree, if he would have lived (mainly because L died) then that show would have been just epically ended, but of course I knew he was set to die when Ryuk told him that he would end up being the one to write his(Light/Kira's) name into his Death Note so when the time came I know that most good anime like this ends with the protagonist dying which lead me to believe that he would die somehow, just not that pathetically...

Especially looking so desperate. Kinda sucked.

Thu May 20, 2010 8:15 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Due to busy time schedule and work load i have less time to watch Anime but some of which i had watched most depressing Anime is Full Metal Alchemist Movie (I think also ending was depressing here).

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:29 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah, & it caught me off guard a little bit too as I figured that the way things were going, it was going to end in a less depressing manner...I really need to start watching more anime series as I am sure that there are more of them...

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:17 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Regarding Death Note, the occurence and nature of Light's death was pretty appropriate. Him being toppled after creating a false image of himself as a god isn't just necessary morally, but logically as well. That pathetic pleading you see was his true nature all along - once stripped of his power and control over the situation, he could no longer keep his act up, and his true weak self was exposed. At that moment the "protagonist" you admired was already dead, so the character Light dying was no big deal. (L was much better anyway).

Anyway, enough about Death Note, as in my opinion it's not even that sad relatively. If you want to go for tear jerking, I'd recommend checking out some works by Key (such as Angel Beats! and Air). Elfen Lied is another good one (though I wouldn't check this one out if you can't handle nudity and gore). If you're not up for a whole series, check out the movie Grave of the Fireflies for a quick dose of depression.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Death Note isn't sad, the deaths in it are appropriate.

For me personally the saddest/depressing anime I have ever watched is Neon Genesis Evangelion. Not only does it mess with you psychologically, how the characters act depresses me. Everything about it has an overly depressing and sad tone to it. As SerpentSounds said don't watch mine if you can't handle a bit of gore.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:49 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Serpentsounds wrote:
Regarding Death Note, the occurence and nature of Light's death was pretty appropriate. Him being toppled after creating a false image of himself as a god isn't just necessary morally, but logically as well. That pathetic pleading you see was his true nature all along - once stripped of his power and control over the situation, he could no longer keep his act up, and his true weak self was exposed. At that moment the "protagonist" you admired was already dead, so the character Light dying was no big deal. (L was much better anyway).

Anyway, enough about Death Note, as in my opinion it's not even that sad relatively.

That's why it isn't on my list because Light deserved to die so badly...the only sad things to me were really regarding Light's sister & father & it while messed up wasn't really depressing to me...

Serpentsounds wrote:
If you want to go for tear jerking, I'd recommend checking out some works by Key (such as Angel Beats! and Air). Elfen Lied is another good one (though I wouldn't check this one out if you can't handle nudity and gore). If you're not up for a whole series, check out the movie Grave of the Fireflies for a quick dose of depression.

When I think of Angel Beats!...I don't really see myself getting depressed but it wouldn't be mentioned by you unless it was actually depressing so okay, that & Air is on my watch list & I will see what other works "Key" has done but as for Elfen Lied, it is really depressing or just a boring horror flick of an anime cause if the later then there is no point in me even giving it a chance since I find horror flicks very very boring...As for Grave & Fireflies, maybe I will check those out...

shinashu taji wrote:
Death Note isn't sad, the deaths in it are appropriate.

For me personally the saddest/depressing anime I have ever watched is Neon Genesis Evangelion. Not only does it mess with you psychologically, how the characters act depresses me. Everything about it has an overly depressing and sad tone to it. As SerpentSounds said don't watch mine if you can't handle a bit of gore.

Agreed...

& yes, not only the movie was depressing but the series in general was imo as I agree with you 100%, shinashu taji...

& Thank You to whoever took care of that obnoxious post that was previously present in this thread before my 2nd post, appreciated very much...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:29 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Most depressing? Once Upon a Time.

A war starts between two rival nations, causing a small village to become involved. The main character leaves his wife behind in the village and goes to infiltrate the more evil nation. He ends up getting sucked into the culture, forgetting why he's there, and cheats on his wife. After remembering what he needs to do, he sets out to sabatoge the nation and heads back home to find that his wife died in a bombing.

Easily the most depressing anime EVER.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:18 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah that is easily more the most "depressing" anime mentioned so far...

Thanks for that submission, Kurushel...

I might watch it as sometimes depressing anime are better then most other anime & I kind of like bad endings for anime depending on how bad & in what way, only thing that would make that more depressing is if the protagonist died quite literally, oh well, at least he died inside & was reborn again, even if it was too late...

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]