It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Kinda bad Majora's mask tribute... 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Here it is...

I feel my Facebook friends are a bit biased. Please give me honest critiques. I drew it with pencil, then pen, scanned it, then some amatuer photoshop.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:21 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm not much of a Zelda fan, so I don't realy know those people (other than Link). The drawing itself is better than anything I could make by hand though.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

actually they are all link and I've never played the game

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh hey, thanks Mektar.

Yeah, they're all different forms of Link. Deku, Goron, Zora... yep.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:06 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Cool idea :3

If I could suggest something: darker shading. This would better contrast with areas being hit by the light in order to give your drawing more shape. For example, take a look at the bottom of Link's tunic. You've added some folds in the fabric, which is great! To take it a bit further, use a darker green to add shading where you think the bottom or inner parts of the folds would be to make them pop out. It looks like you've got a good understanding of light sources, as evidenced by the direction of shadows and your preliminary shading, so that will definitely help.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I like it but the guitar for Zora Link is off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15zlmgMIJww Skip to about 3:50 to see what I mean. Fix that and do the shading that Kurushel mentioned and it will be leagues better.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ok, Kurushel. Yeah i do feel like my drawings are lacking some shape. i'll try that.

Shinashu, yeah, the guitar is different, but I based it off the manga, which was my only reference when I didn't have the computer. That's the manga look. Also, I think that Mikau's real guitar resembles mine a little more. But yeah, good observation.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]