It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 What's your favorite feature of HGSS? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I have always loved Silver and Gold, it was a nice compliment to RBY by being able to travel to the original area of the previous game which is still unique to Gold and Silver. I love a lot about the game mechanics they changed such as always sprinting and how easy it is to navigate through things. I haven't looked into being able to edit this, but I despise how there are only 6 items of anything on one page. That was something I wish they would have left to the standard scrolling list. But I have to say by far my favorite feature to the HGSS series is the ability to capture legendary pokemon. From the Mew event to the availability of Kyogre and Groudon. Even if you don't participate in any of the events or do anything special you can walk away with at the least 9 legendary pokemon just by simply following the storyline. I just love that, I don't use legendary pokes in the story or multiplayer but I do like having them and even though DPP did a good job of making legendary pokemon available it just seems different in HGSS. Perhaps I am just ranting, this isn't even my favorite series (I love RB and Yellow) but I do appreciate what all you can do in this game. It's so much easier to get to 100 hours just going through the storyline than the other games, I beat Diamond in just 30 hours... and that was doing the majority of the extra stuff.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I loved the music in the original Gold and Silver games, so I loved the fact that HG/SS has the GB sounds that lets me hear all the old music whenever I want to. It's cool!

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

New breeding mechanic with the power items. Very much a time-saver

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:11 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I really loved how these games were true to the originals while at the same time, adding features found in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

The return of Cerulean Cave and the Seafoam Island cave were MUCH welcomed in my book. I was rather disappointed when those areas were removed in GSC since in the days of Yellow, I spent A LOT of time there. Half my PC boxes were filled with pokemon from both areas. :D

Another thing I enjoyed was the inclusion of the area beyond Cianwood City. That area really takes advantage of the features of the DS. The Safari Zone is the best thing that happened to this game. Just having a Safari Zone is good enough, but no time limit and the ability to customize it? What could be better? I liked the Embedded Tower as well. Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are a good trio of legendaries.

Probably my favorite feature, the Gym Leaders are tougher (especially Kanto). Bugsy is now more of a threat thanks to U-turn, Kanto Gym Leaders have pokemon over Lv50 this time (THANK GOD!!) The only Gym leader I had an easier time with was Whitney. She was EXTREMELY hard in the originals. But this time I sent out my Noctowl against her Miltank, 2 Hyper Beams later, no more Miltank.

Red deserves a special mention here because he is actually hard now. I needed to bring my team to at least the 60s before I beat him. Even then I had to use 50 Revives and I don't know how many Hyper Potions. In the originals, I used a team of lv45s and they beat him with very little damage taken. His moves in the original were basically the Pokemon's main type while now they are far more varied. Snorlax is slightly easier though.

There are more things I like about HGSS, but these are my top favorites.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I liked the touch screen menu and the option of staying on the running shoes without holding B. They made the game so much easier to get through. Although I never played Gold or Silver, it was nice to hear the old music to experience what I missed when I was too young to play Pokemon.

Sprite Collection

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The 3-D still amazes me. Is that lame? xD I don't know. I can't say I like the music because I always have the sound turned off.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Besides some of the stuff mentioned in previous posts, a favorite feature of mine is simply the accessibility of the Poke'Walker at the beginning portion of the game, it adds variety in the available pokemon at the cost of you generating Watts on your Poke'Walker pretty much...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:37 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm rather surprised that no-one had mentioned the fact that you can re-face the gym leaders again at the Fighting Dojo. How many times have you wanted to face the gym leaders again so you can train your Pok

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:59 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i liked the fact that your lead pokemon followed you

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:01 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I like all the new features too, but does anyone else miss decorating their bedroom? Kind of a drag. I mean, I know this isn't the sims, but back in Gold/Silver, I took pride in the fact that my room was better than anyone else's.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

torchie13125 wrote:
Well, I loved the music in the original Gold and Silver games, so I loved the fact that HG/SS has the GB sounds that lets me hear all the old music whenever I want to. It's cool!

I completely agree. I had Gold (But i sold it. BIG mistake.), so naturally, I got HeartGold. I love that Johto's back but on the DS and that they even incorporate Kanto!!! I seriously love that. One of my friends that got the game about 5 months after me told me in school, "Dude, I got all 8 Gym Badges now! I'm almost caught up to you!" Then, I had the pleasure of replying, "Actually, you're not even close. I beat the Elite Four, The Champion, and I have 16 Gym Badges. What now?" It was rather entertaining to see the look on his face. :)

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Tue May 10, 2011 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The GB Sounds, man.

Greatest fan service ever.

Tue May 10, 2011 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
-the sprint button for the running shoes, as well as the touch screen menu. I LOVE it.
-two registered items? Yes please! Now I can be on the bike and access the Dowsing Machine really easily ^_^
-Having your lead Pokemon follow you. Some of them have hilarious animations, and others are just cute. It felt rather lonely in Unova...
-No step limit in the Safari Zone! I squee-ed at this one, it totally made my day.
-Gym leader rematches, thank God, or grinding for round 2 of the Elites would be a nightmare.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

LadyMiir wrote:
-Gym leader rematches, thank God, or grinding for round 2 of the Elites would be a nightmare.

I know! I've been dying to rematch Gym Leaders every since the PokeNav in Emerald. It was fun to re-kick the Gym Leader's butts, and it was good training.

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

-getting the other region's starters
-so many legendaries
-lead pokemon follows you
-pokewalker
-gym leader rematches
-customizable safari zone and no step limit
-2 regions (Johto and Kanto)
-run without holding B
My favourite is getting the legendaries and starters.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

All love almost everything in these remakes. But I really love these features:
- Safari Zone;
- The lead Pokémon outside the Pokéball;
- Rematches;
- The chance to catch Pokémons from another regions;
- A lot of legendaries;
- The option to get all the Evolutionary Stones;
- etc...

It's hard to say everything.

"

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

only a few but one i really liked, unlimited dark pulse!

Sun May 13, 2012 11:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What- How is that- *sigh* *facepalm*
Not only did you commit necromancy, but dark pulse is a move. It cant be unlimited.

Anyways, for the sake of discussion, and for beating a dead horse, I liked the addition of the Pokeatheleon. It gave you an excuse as an answer when you get ridiculed for taking 12 hours on the game, only to not yet get to Ecruteak. It took me 10 hours to finish Black w/o a walkthrough, but its taking me twice as long.

Goodbye
"

Sun May 13, 2012 1:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Samurott wrote:
What- How is that- *sigh* *facepalm*
Not only did you commit necromancy, but dark pulse is a move. It cant be unlimited.

Anyways, for the sake of discussion, and for beating a dead horse, I liked the addition of the Pokeatheleon. It gave you an excuse as an answer when you get ridiculed for taking 12 hours on the game, only to not yet get to Ecruteak. It took me 10 hours to finish Black w/o a walkthrough, but its taking me twice as long.

I think he means buying the TM dark pulse from celadon department store.

So far, liking the safari zone. Although the wait time is a pain, it is great to be able to have access to pokemon otherwise acquired through pal park, or platinum which I have not yet played (just got back into gen IV, let alone the series after a while out).

Also liked the pokeathlon, although more due to unlimited heart scale, as well as evolution stones.

Mon May 14, 2012 3:35 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I liked having 2 regions. If they make Hoenn remakes they should make it be accessable to Kanto and/or Johto using the port cities. Also walking with pokemon, running w/o holding B, gym leader rematches, getting Hoenn legends and Kanto/Hoenn starters, Pokeathlon, apricorn pokeballs, the move tutors, and the GB Sounds were all things I liked about HG/SS (oh and the pokewalker, except for when I lost them :( ). Too bad all of those things were not included in Black and White. Like what the heck? At least pokemon following you and move tutors would do. I hope they include some of this stuff in Black 2 and White 2.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]