It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Annoying things you hope they fix in G5 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Then I would just want them to fix the VS Seeker come Gen 5 cause I agree with most people, the Phone feature is primitive compared to the VS Seeker...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yes, just fix the vs. seeker. the phone was a bad idea. god forbid Joey and his mother****ing rattata.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
yes, just fix the vs. seeker. the phone was a bad idea. god forbid Joey and his mother****ing rattata.

this exactly. If the phone worked for some people, good for you. Just get the fact that the rest of us miss our vs. seeker. And it's only 50 steps. it takes about 20 seconds to recharge the thing. jeez. [/pointlessrant]

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

xxpiplupxx wrote:
i hate bat pokemon so they should not have them

Well, they need a bigger variety of cave pokemon, for sure. And no, random kadabra and machoke don't fit the bill.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:01 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

the things that i found most annoying in hgss were mostly to do with mulch...why can i only buy one mulch at a time? why, when i go to put mulch on my berries am i given a list of everything in my items bag, and have to wander through it until i find the mulches that took so long to buy? it's not like i can put soft sand on my soil...

cave pokemon need diversity improvements definitely (cave crickets, centipedes, spiders, salamanders, fish, birds, crabs and roaches anyone? not to mention fungi), using multiple items at once would be useful, also, the phone was annoying and either needs to be entirely reworked, or murdered in an interesting fashion, but i won't complain as long as we don't go back to ruby and sapphire's "trainer's eyes" stupidity

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

UndeadKevin wrote:
the things that i found most annoying in hgss were mostly to do with mulch...why can i only buy one mulch at a time? why, when i go to put mulch on my berries am i given a list of everything in my items bag, and have to wander through it until i find the mulches that took so long to buy? it's not like i can put soft sand on my soil...

cave pokemon need diversity improvements definitely (cave crickets, centipedes, spiders, salamanders, fish, birds, crabs and roaches anyone? not to mention fungi), using multiple items at once would be useful, also, the phone was annoying and either needs to be entirely reworked, or murdered in an interesting fashion, but i won't complain as long as we don't go back to ruby and sapphire's "trainer's eyes" stupidity

Too true...

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Seriously, they need to make the Pokémon in caves appear less frequently. Golbat doesn't need to appear every 6 steps I move.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I agree. I HATE going into caves because of it.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree; in 85 hours of play-time I have yet to step foot in any cave apart from Cliff cave, and Mt Silver.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

How did you avoid Union Cave, Dragon's Den, Whirl Islands/Bell Tower, and Victory Road?

Anyway, I know this is a rather small thing, but I'd wish they'd stop capitalizing Pokémon names. I'm beginning to get sick of, "Wild PIKACHU appeared!"

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:
How did you avoid Union Cave, Dragon's Den, Whirl Islands/Bell Tower, and Victory Road?

Anyway, I know this is a rather small thing, but I'd wish they'd stop capitalizing Pokémon names. I'm beginning to get sick of, "Wild PIKACHU appeared!"

they love to yell.... it doesn't really bug me (all my nicknames are capitalized, until recently), but it bugs me that the human names are properly done and the pokemon not. all or nothing, guys.

i just want it to be easy to level your pokemon. HGSS was annoying in that aspect.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:

i just want it to be easy to level your pokemon. HGSS was annoying in that aspect.

No joke. I hated trying to level up my pokemon. I don't really know why but HGSS took me so much longer to level up my pokemon then my FRLG game, in that i got my venomoth up to level 40 so i could beat Kogas ass in no time.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Whenever you look at a pokemon's area in the pokedex, it should show the level range of that pokemon in each specific route/town. For example, it could tell you that the pidgeys found on route 2 are from lvl 2 to lvl 5. This would make it easier to train pokemon so you could know if the pokemon in your area are too powerful or weak for your pokemon to battle. This could also help if you are looking to catch a pokemon at a specific level. I think the pokedex needs a little bit of a remodel, because it has stayed practically the same in every game. Just to keep things fresh.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For the poke radar- KEEP IT. Yes i have horible luck with it ( gettin to 39 and then going " the feild is silent" or gettin 40 running into a shiny and then trying to catch it with ultra balls casue you thought you had quick balls when you didnt and it using teleprt to get away) BUT I have even worse luck with just RANDOMLY walking around praying for a shiny. I've only encountered one shiny radomly (a black zubaty in emerald, which is now in platinum as a pink crobat?) while ive encountered at least 3 shinies with the poke radar. The poke radar also helps with EV training.

And yes. shortin the YES/No dialogue for saving and breeding .

Oh and what i hope not to see in GEN 5.. POKEMON CONTESTS. Which they have and replaced with POKEMON MUSICAL. HOW DOES A MUSICAL FIT INTO A RPG??????? ITS RIDICULUS. ( Yes i really dont like contests or muscials.)

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

mushroom wrote:
Whenever you look at a pokemon's area in the pokedex, it should show the level range of that pokemon in each specific route/town. For example, it could tell you that the pidgeys found on route 2 are from lvl 2 to lvl 5. This would make it easier to train pokemon so you could know if the pokemon in your area are too powerful or weak for your pokemon to battle. This could also help if you are looking to catch a pokemon at a specific level. I think the pokedex needs a little bit of a remodel, because it has stayed practically the same in every game. Just to keep things fresh.

just as a future tip, the psydex on this site will tell you that stuff. so now there's no need!! XD (or at least for this site's users)

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Here's another thing, make it so that when you SEE a pokemon in the battle frontier that you haven't SEEN it registers in your dex so you can tade for it at the GTS ( or whatever there doing for Gen5). Just make it so we can see all the pokemon so we can trade for 'em.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:14 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Here is my idea: the GTS; they should add a part where you search for trainer looking for a pokemon, you're willing to offer instead of wild-goose-chasing only finding those who are likely looking for legendaries.

4G shinies (non-event): 400,302,133,149,007,408,448,358

Pokemon Black:
Tim~Bk: 0303-9173-0439 :501::551:

Looking for nicknamed and/or shiny pokemon.

5G shinies (non-event): 147,261,570,546,635,506,540,548,519,517,055,619,575,624

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
you bring up a good point, maybe they could make their wifi USEABLE? I cant use it anywhere!

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

they should let you gain exp at the battle tower. also it should count to your pokedex

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

... Exept on wifi and wireless conection. theyve allwayse done it. how about the pokedex like in sinnoh. i liked that you didn't have to catch all 150 Bagillion pokemon, just to obtain the natonal dex, i mean, Come ON!

Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:40 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Legendaries in the Battle Frontier not being banned would be great!

(Where does the time go?)

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hi345626 wrote:
Legendaries in the Battle Frontier not being banned would be great!

That would be ridiculous, by the time you get to battle 100 you would have seen some uber Darkrai that could out speed and run your team over, it would take some serious effort in order to take on legends in battle tower. There aren't a lot of things I would fix, more than just mix and match. Like how the bag works, I liked Diamond more than Soul's for some reason. Nothing that's a big deal or what not, but there are a ton of reasons that I am not excited for black and White, mainly the sprites and the levels that pokes evolve at.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:09 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Here are a couple of my ideas. Some of them may have already been said, so I apologize in advance for not reading the entire topic. In any case, they deserve a second shout.

10. I miss the secret bases from RSE and how you could "mix records" with your friends to battle them once a day. It would be nice to be able to use more than 16 objects at once, though.

9. I like the idea of being able to use more than one of an item at one time. For example, Carbos/Zinc/Calcium/Protein/Iron and rare candies. This wouldn't apply to in-battle situations, though.

8. Multiple rivals. I would like to see the involvement of a character such as Wally who grows in strength alongside you in your journey, in addition to your "main" rival.

7. In the pokemon episodes, gym leaders would often be introduced to Ash & friends through rather bizarre circumstances, rather than just waltzing into the gym. Bring this to the games; enhance their story lines.

6. IVs and EVs should be visible through completion of a certain task/side quest. I don't like the idea of "hidden" values in any way shape or form in an RPG game.

5. This may be a stretch, but I would like certain decisions you make in the story to affect the story line indefinitely. Take RBY; at nugget bridge, you are given the opportunity to join team rocket. Of course, this cannot be, so the game answers no for you. Don't you wonder what could have happened if you said "yes"? Spice up the story lines so they are not so repetitive!

4. Certain (weaker) HMs should be allowed to be taught to pokemon as an ability other than a "move" which takes up a precious 1/4 of the spaces able to be used as attacks in battle. This would essentially negate the need for an 'HM slave.'

3. Bring back the items PC. I'm tired of scrolling through junk in my pack to find the newly acquired items.

2. More convenient ways to make pokemon appear more/less frequently. Get creative, Nintendo.

1. Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be awesome to have multiple save files? I can't even tell you the amount of times I have had to trade my pokemon to other games just to avoid losing them every time I restart the game.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

^fixed the title, lol

@ArcaNineTales: I agree with pretty much everything you said, except I have an alternate solution for the HMs thing. Why not just make the HM moves more useful for battling?? Take Surf, for instance; it's a pretty powerful water-type move that can be seen in competitive battling. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the HM moves suck competitively (Fly and Dive stand out most in my mind). So, I'd rather just see better HM moves, tbh.

And yes, MULTIPLE SAVE FILES FTW!!! I'm always afraid to restart a game because I dislike having to move my pokemon around. And, I wouldn't have to worry about little kids overwriting my save file on accident, because they would just make a new save file, and it'd all be good.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I completely agree! I wish they'd stop capitalizing pokemon names. -.-

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next