It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Favorite Town/City From all the Games 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm new here, and have there are many "favorite" topics in this forum. Lacking the time to scan the entire forum for an identical topic (also not knowing if one exists), I would like to ask you this question:

I have always been fond of Azalea town; I love the quaintness and secluded-mountainous town feeling to it. It's simple, with only one entrance (Union Cave) and one exit (Ilex forest). Plus, we meet the badass KURT and get to face team rocket for the first time in Johto(Slowpoke Well YEAHHHH)... It brings back nostalgic memories from kicking their asses in RBY.

*You also face your rival for the second time, WHO I think we can conclude is the best rival from the game series:
A) Gary is a cocky S.O.B (Kanto)
B) May is too kind and completely drowns the competitive spirit (Hoenn)
C) Barry is a complete homosexual who is always in a hurry, which pisses me off (Sinnoh)

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think Saffron City and Goldenrod were cool because they were pretty big and there was a good amount of things you could do there.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I pick my cities based on appearance alone considering that this game usually never has much to do in any city for that matter unless it ends up simply being more of a chore then actually any fun, anywho, these are my favorite cities in each set of pokemon games;

RGBY = Celedon City = lots of fun stuff to do here such as the luck based slots, getting actually good items at the Dept. Store & a all female trainer Gym that was actually a little fun going through...

GSC = Azalea Town = simply because it had the best theme of any town in the game & also had the man responsible for the increase in Pokeball selection in future games, Kurt, oh & it was somewhat fun to actually do the senarios that occured during the storyline while being in this town...

RSE = Fortree City = omg it was almost Pacifidlog Town or Sootopolis Town/City(?) but I absolutely love the concept of this city so much that it has become the main reason I want to see a remake of RSE honestly...

FRLG = Island 4 = I only have to explain 1 thing...that Lorelei has something to do with why I like this place better then everywhere else in this RGB remakes...but another reason is that it has the best ice-like cavern I have seen so far in the franchise among other things...

DPPt = Resort Area = This place is Luxury especially in Platinum as it has a Villa(though a all show & no activity one) which can be made into a personal space per say among other things & it looks a bit tropical in appearance...The city where Byron is gym leader was a close second however...

HGSS = Ecruteak City = Again, I pick this stuff based pretty much on appearance & this city is outstanding looking compared to it's GSC counterpart...it has unique nightlights(I know that's not what they actually are but whatever), Tin Tower which looks gorgeous along with the path you take to the front door of the tower which is my favorite looking place in the entire game...it has an Autumn like appearance with all the yellow, orange & red leaf trees & there is also leaves on the ground as well which is only adding to it's appeal, best place I have seen in a pokemon game so far appearance wise that's for sure...

That's it for me...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Forretree or however you spell it was cool in R/S/E

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Probably Mossdeep City from RSE. It is a pretty good town, even if i have to cross an ocean to go there.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would have to say Ecruteak City. I love that city because I admire the traditional Japanese feel to the city. It is also home to the Bell Tower with is nice.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I liked Mossdeep in RSE. It was pretty fresh and it had a NAXA, I mean, NASA-like place in it, which I'm pretty sure is unique. Wish they'd have done more with it though *coughdeoxyscough*

Sunyshore also caught my eye. I liked its Green Party influence with the solar-panel roads and whatnot. A pretty neat concept. But pretty disappointing for an 8th Gym town. Plus it came right after the legendary encounter. It's like the movie UHF - it was awesome, it just came out at the wrong time and didn't get paid any attention to.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Uh, Lavender Town RBY. Why? Creepy music that supposedly made lots of little boys and girls sick in Japan and some even commit suicide = PRETTY AWESOME.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

For each region...

Kanto: Pewter City, I don't think it gets enough credit for how awesome it is, and it's a lot bigger than you'd initially think

Johto: Ecruteak City, freakin' awesome, what else can I say? the music and the path that leads to the Bell tower, so cool...

Hoenn: Fortree City, it was either this or Pacifidlog for me, but Fortree takes it cause of the gym :), I just love the idea of tree houses and everything being off the ground, really represents the Hoenn land mass the best, as it was all in touch with nature and everything.

Sinnoh: Canalave City, with the boat to Iron Island, the gym that has my favourite design, some good weather (only other place it felt like we got that was in Sunnyshore!) and a battle with Barry (who I actually like), this place is freaking cool.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:00 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Definitely Celadon city. Everything about it is awesomeheGym specializes in my favorite type and uses some of my favoritePok

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i like pacificaldog town in rse

magahony in gsc

eurakata in ss/hg

pewter city in rby

1 isle in fr/lg

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:45 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Oh yeah Magikarps, I forgot how much I love Lavender town. I used to think the pokemon tower was full of printers because of the low resolution graphics. Its also cool how it has the beginning of that monstrous route that goes all the way to Fuschia.. I think you can see Articuno through the binoculars on one of those route entrance buildings.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

TBH the only reason I joined team solar to begin with is because Fortree city was my favourite town. I had my secret base on the route next to it and I LOVED the gym puzzle in that town.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

pewter city

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My favorite is Littleroot Town, from R/S/E. Why? Because my player in Emerald started in that town. Thanks to her, I have my username.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Saffron City for the fact of theres 2 "Gym"s and basically the place with the most story on RBY.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:27 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mine is Vermilion city, I loved that one the most in the original RBY series. It's an ocean side city that has the St. Anne, the diglett cave that gave had a dugtrio to beat Lt. Surge, and in HG SS it has Snorlax which is one of my favorite pokes for unknown reasons. I always had a lot of fun in that city leveling up and getting some new additions to a storyline team.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[color=olive]While I've played at least one version of all the generations released thus far in America, I don't quite recall a lot of it. I'll explain in better detail below, and listing each of the versions I've actually played.

Red/Blue/Yellow: Celadon City. Why? It's active, is actually like a city in a lot of respects and encompasses one of my favourite types of Pok

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like Mauville from Hoenn
a lot to do and there was sort of a mini game on bike path and daycare nearby
plus in emerald there was a sort of tower in the north so overall Mauville is the place to be!

My trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27589

my fc:0561 1373 6911

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kanto - Vermillion City: A harbour city with what is still my favourite music to date - there's people trying to build things, lots of houses to visit and people to talk to (and get things from), it just seems like there would be a lot of people from far-off places, with ships and boats anchoring in every day it would be bustling with change and stories of places you've never been. I could easily imagine a local pub where all the tough sailors try to drink each other under the table and LtSurge making sure they don't get too rowdy and such. The music makes it sounds exciting too, like you could hop in your boat and find a deserted island with buried treasure at a moment's notice.
Johto - Goldenrod City: Again, a busy one, with a huge shopping centre and yet there are still pokey little flower shops and bicycle shops surviving in this thriving city, it's like there's room for everyone to start their own shop and make a living here.
Hoenn - ....I can't even name a city from Hoenn or at least spell it right.
Sinnoh - Canalave City: Again with what appears to be a busy place with ships and easy access to adventure, see a bit of a theme here? For some reason, I love the big folding bridge too.

xox

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:16 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Kanto: Pallet Town
Its Were It All Began In My Pokemon Life!

Joto: Ecruteak City
I Choose That Town Because Thats Were You Meet The Legendary Dog's And Were You Fought Ho-oh, My Favorite Legendary Pokemon.

Never Got Around To Play RSE.... I Kkow I'm A Bit Lame.

Sinnoh: Sunny Shore City
Volkner Is Probably My Favorite Gym Leader.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alot of people like Azalea ._.
So do I :3 But not because of the music, or Kurt (although he is silly), or because of the scenario.
I just love all the Slowpoke <3
I wanna live in the Slowpoke Well ._. I have one of those pictures of me in there on SoulSilver with 6 slowpoke x3

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gotta go with Viridian.

It was close to home in the games, and you knew it was important, because it had a Gym, but having it be run by one of your rivals as the last Gym in the game? Pretty awesome.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:35 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I don't really know but the gps says to make a illegal u-turn I wonder if it's a bug type
Well my favorite cities would have to be goldenrod,veilstone, and saffron . There are tons of things to do in these cities as well as good gyms alsoo

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kanto- I'd go with cerulean probably. Probably just because that's where you go when you're done with the game. Really, Cerulean Cave is the only entertaining place in that game after you've beaten the elite 4 and caught all the birds.

Johto- I think I'll go with Goldenrod or Ecruteak. Goldenrod because it's just where everything happens. Radio tower with the rockets and such, Whitney was a tough gym leader (which I hated the first time I played that game but now really appreciate), and the department store is there. Ecruteak for the kimono girls since eevee is awesome, and a ghost gym leader who isn't annoying. Seriously, Fantina is terrible.

Hoenn- Fortree (I feel so cliche...) because of a cool design, absol, tropius, and kecleon. I actually despise Winona now. I used to like her, but now she's killed me too many times (stupid altaria. I have an absol that I thought ice beam through tm to thank for the fact that I'm not STILL stuck there in my current play through of Sapphire). Slateport is really awesome too. And Mauville. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't really like fortree as much as I like the area around it. I actually like Slateport better.

Sinnoh- I'm not very far in platinum yet since I just got it, but I think I'll go with Eterna so far.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]