It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 My awesome pokefamilly idea! (Which evo would you pick? ^_^) 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Heres my idea for a big, eeveelike pokefamily. The evolution process is a bit complicated because this pokemon was designed for experienced players who are bored of the same old types of evolution. Tell me your thoughts and which evolution you would pick!

Novisan: The Kung Fu pokemon.
Fighting type.
50/60/60/50/50/50 (total:320)

evolves into one of 7 different forms of "Apprentisama" at lvl 20 depending on the types of battles it had thus far, then evolves again at lvl 42 into "Mastersei" (same form as Apprentisama).

The sprites of each "form" look generally the same with a different color-scheme and fighting pose.

-Tiger form: fire/fighting type, evolves if all the pokemon you K.O'd have atk or sp.atk as the highest total base stat
-Panther form: ice/fighting type, evolves if all the pokemon you K.O'd have def or sp.def as the highest total base stat
-Crane form: flying/fighting type, evolves if all the pokemon you K.O'd have HP as the highest total base stat
-Snake form: poison/fighting type, evolves if all the pokemon you K.O'd have speed as the highest total base stat
-Mantis form: bug/fighting type, evolves if all the pokemon you K.O'd have more than one stat tied as the highest.
-Panda form: normal/fighting type, evolves if you never K.O'd ANY pokemon
-Tumble form (drunken boxing): dark/fighting type, evolves if Novisan is REAAAAAALLY unhappy at lvl 20. Overwrites any of the other's totals.

THIS IS NOT BASED ON EVs. The total base stat is a new hidden number. For example, if you K.O two pokemon with base atk of 70, the total base stat of K.O'd pokemon is now 140.

All forms have different base stats with the same total (420 for Apprentisama, 530 for Mastersei) and an emphasis on their special stat (high atk for tiger ect.) Panda has equal stats all around and Tumble's stats are COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY RANDOM!!!!(though it's sp.atk and sp.def are always 50 and it cannot exceed 165 in any one stat)

All forms (except Tumble) have either Inner Focus or another ability unique to their form:
-Tiger: No Guard
-Panther: Analyze
-Crane: Serene Grace
-Snake: Limber
-Mantis: Skill Link
-Panda: Anger Point

Tumble Form has teeter dance or a new ability called "Staggering Gait" which works just like static or poison point but confuses on contact ^_^

Which would you pick? And are there any other cool forms you could think of?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So, just to make sure I understand correctly. There's a fighting type that evolves into something that has a ridiculous amount of variations depending on how you train, but they all evolve into the same thing at 42nd LV? Now, I'm assuming that the final evolution stage has a static type and stat, otherwise it would also have incredible variations, and thus, variable abilities like it's previous evolutionary stage.

If this is correct, why not change it from a three stage evolution chain to a two stage? Otherwise, there's no real reason for the final stage as it's static and all the flexibility is mid-way.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:29 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Kaori Sakura wrote:
So, just to make sure I understand correctly. There's a fighting type that evolves into something that has a ridiculous amount of variations depending on how you train, but they all evolve into the same thing at 42nd LV? Now, I'm assuming that the final evolution stage has a static type and stat, otherwise it would also have incredible variations, and thus, variable abilities like it's previous evolutionary stage.

If this is correct, why not change it from a three stage evolution chain to a two stage? Otherwise, there's no real reason for the final stage as it's static and all the flexibility is mid-way.

Sorry, I should have specified. Mastersei does not have a specific stat set that all other Apprentisamas get when they evolve, but his stats are simply an embellishment of his previous form. For example, when the tiger form evolves, all of its base stats increase, but the ratios stay the same (high atk). It's not a very complicated evolution, and the sprites would be very similar to Apprentisama (same fighting pose ect) just with a robe and an epic beard! =P. I made it as simple as possible because I wanted a third evo, but there are so many it would be very difficult to make otherwise.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[color=olive]I'd have to say that while it's a great idea, it would be too much variation. The only Pok

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]