It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 27  Next
 Nuzlocke Challenge 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok so I started a new challenge (as you all probably know), so here's how im doin now

Caught:

Charmander/arrmagedon lvl 5 prof oak
caterpie/bugthingys lvl 4 viridian forest
pidgey/hurricane lvl 3 route 1

Evolved

Bugthingys evolved into metapod!
Bugthingys evolved into butterfree!

I did catch a rattata but it was on a route I already caught a poke (I thought I was on a different route at the time) so to be fair I released it back.

Currently gettin my pokes up to a good lvl before taking on brock.

Current team:

{charmander} Arrmagedon lvl 14 (scratch, growl, ember, metal claw)
{butterfree} bugthingys lvl 11 (tackle, string shot, harden, confusion)
{pidgey} hurricane lvl 12 (tackle,sand attack, gust)

(since no ones posted I just edited mine. I still havent battles brock yet.)

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Huh ? What ? Shyt ? No way ? Hell ?

SOMEBODY MIND TELLING ME WHATS GOING ON ?!

I've been away for camp for quite some times and I haven't been on for even longer too ..

I completed the challenge ? What the eff ? I saved it and left for camp due to the fact devices weren;t allowed ...

WAIT A MINUTE . DONT TELL ME MY BRO'S BEEN MESSING WITH MY ACCOUNT ..

Sorry for the trouble his caused .

PS : believe it or not , i have NOT been the one battling the Elite 4 . think i'm lying , so be it then . but i swear , it ain't me .. >.>

Edit :

What ? Each center only once ? I'm be smarter then to make a screwed rule like that one ...

@Erick , yeah you see , I was on the challenge , but due to the fact i've been trading around , decided to restart cos i was like . "HEY ! THIS AINT FAIR , IM GETTING MORE KICKASS POKEMON THEN THOSE WHO CANT TRADE ! -Restarts-"

Haha so yeah ...

Also I'd like to let you guys know , from the post where I posted my last team , most of the posts after then weren't by me .. so peace ..

Apologies to any inconvenience my intolerable brother caused . I'm pretty sure if you know me at all , the tone me and him speaks in are years apart ..

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok, my update.

Evolved:

Arrmagedon evolved into charmeleon!

Caught

Jigglypuff lvl 3 route 3. ( yes I know where supposed to nickname em, but my huge thumb puseh B instead of A on the " do you want to nickname sreen)

Beat brock with arrmagedon. Currently on route 3/4 getting ready to take on Mt.Moon.

Current team:

Arrmagedon/charmeleon lvl 18 (scratch, growl, ember, metal claw)
Hurricane/pidgey lvl 16 (tackle, sand Attack, gust, quick attack)
bugthingys/ butterfree lvl 11 (tackle, string shot, harden, confusion)
Jigglypuff lvl 10 (sing, defense curl, pound)

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

zPIRATED wrote:

I've been away for camp for quite some times and I haven't been on for even longer too ..

I completed the challenge ? What the eff ? I saved it and left for camp due to the fact devices weren;t allowed ...

PS : believe it or not , i have NOT been the one battling the Elite 4 . think i'm lying , so be it then . but i swear , it ain't me .. >.>

Edit :

What ? Each center only once ? I'm be smarter then to make a screwed rule like that one ...

@Erick , yeah you see , I was on the challenge , but due to the fact i've been trading around , decided to restart cos i was like . "HEY ! THIS AINT FAIR , IM GETTING MORE KICKASS POKEMON THEN THOSE WHO CANT TRADE ! -Restarts-"

Haha so yeah ...

Also I'd like to let you guys know , from the post where I posted my last team , most of the posts after then weren't by me .. so peace ..

Apologies to any inconvenience my intolerable brother caused . I'm pretty sure if you know me at all , the tone me and him speaks in are years apart ..

That's why I'm glad to be an only child...

Haven't played recently, but I have made progress. I did major work on my togetic to get her to evolve into togekiss and I got my pupitar to evolve. Both of them need major movepool work but so far aren't looking too bad stat wise.

Haven't worked on leafgreen in a while, only moved around Cinnabar and I am working my way through the mansion collecting some back-ups incase some of my pokes die. Caught a muk, a vulpix and aquired an aerodactyl so far. aerodactyl will be pal parked for a better movepool an to be EV trained for the battle frontier. Muk is primary back-up but lacks bulk, attack, and movepool (vulpix is worse...). I'm actually considering moving some pokes around but my team is 15 levels or more higher than muk, which is my highest level boxed poke.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

zPIRATED wrote:

Edit :

Haha so yeah ...

Really???? Not even my brother knows my passwords. It must suck.
Uh, I haven't played at all since the last semi-update. Sorry. But I know for one thing. Before I turned it off, Fire the Charmeleon became a Charizard.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

He didn't know my password. I leave it logged in cos I'm too lazy to keep logging in >.>

When I left camp he probably saw my history and checked the site out and starting ruining my "reputation" >:[

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I am now starting through Mt. Moon.

Caught

{zubat} batmanflys lvl 10 Mt.Moon

Evolved

Huricane evolved into {pidgeotto}

Current team:

{charmeleon} arrmagedon lvl 18 (scratch, growl, ember, metal claw)
{pidgeotto} hurricane lvl 18 (tackle, sand attack, gust, quick attack)
{butterfree} bugthingys lvl 12 (tackle, harden, String shot, confusion)
{jigglypuff} lvl 12 (sing, defense curl, pound}
{zubat} batmanflys lvl 11 (leech life, astonish, supersonic)

Honestly, this tme around it does seem a little harder...

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've started in diamond:

Team:
{prinplup} / penguin
{beautifly} / flutty
{shellos} / slimy
{buizel} / tails (sonic refrence)
{ponyta} / stallion
{bronzor} /metal man

Died:
{bidoof} / lozer
{geodude} / rockster
{zubat} / batty
{kricketot} / kricky

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Welcome hammy to the challenge !

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hammythepig wrote:
I've started in diamond:

Congratulations on starting the Nuzlocke Challenge. In the Diamond version. What rules are you following and have you placed any of your own rules or tweaked any yourself to fit your own style?

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Beat cinibar Gym:

control {blastoise} lv 58

slash {persian} lv 62

swiftbeak {pidgeot} lv 51

gravity {golem} lv 70

ShineApe {primeape} lv 53

Sting {beedrill} lv 54

going to the 3 isles and gonna get my pokes to the 70's.

dont expect an update until thanksgiving ish but it will be huge :D

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Last edited by KingErick on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@Erick
Might wanna fix the Blastoise spelling there ? :D

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

zPIRATED wrote:
@Erick
Might wanna fix the Blastoise spelling there ? :D

Meh xD

I fixed it. The intellect and brainpower says i should keep my spelling ethic up and my lazy side says no xDD

hard life.

pirated when you restarting the challenge?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Not sure bout that .. since my ever-so irritating bro messed it up ..

Currently walking my way through the hard to understand Black so maybe after I finish the Black version i guess ...

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

HeartGold Update being thrown out:

I am starting to work my way around what's left of Kanto for me, I visited every town except Cinnabar and am working my way through the gyms. I have Brock, Misty, Surge and Sabrina.
I beat the Elite 4 (1st encounter levels) like 8 times now.
Working on some movepools and trying to earn BP so I can give my pokes better moves.
I am also searching for a steelix and trying to get a high leveled murkrow and a riolu from the safari (That will take a while...)

I use seven pokes in my battles (I do a cycle method, putting one on rest while training others), the current one being rested is my togekiss. I went through the Elite 4 with her for the first time and she jumped from Lv. 49 to Lv. 55, she single-handedly beat Koga, Bruno, and half of Karen's team somehow... She took loads of damage but somehow left herself at 5 HP (she got a good rest for that).

Current party:
stats will be HP/atk/def/spatk/spdef/spd under the poke and then the movepool right below that and then a brief summary...

{tyranitar} Lv. 56
199/161/171/129/131/105
Earthquake, Crunch, Thrash, Stone Edge
-My little rapist, this beast has a 75 win streak going in the battle hall (beat the brain) and I won 12 straight matches in the battle arcade with her in the lead spot. Two moves will stay (stone edge and earthquake) and I still don't know what else to give her... maybe Outrage?

{feraligatr} Lv. 57
183/141/134/121/119/122
Waterfall, Thrash, Crunch, Ice Fang
-My favorite starter hasn't failed me yet, He can OHKO all three of Lance's Dragonites but I usually bring him out for only the first one which is at Lv. 50. He usually does clean-up in the Elite four due to the fact he's always a few levels higher than everyone else and the others need the experience.

{arcanine} Lv. 54
177/136/119/129/98/125
Crunch, Extremespeed, Dig, Flamethrower
cute, loveable and... Deadly. I can use Watkin here to pick off anything in my sight as long as they don't use full restores. He was supposed to get Heat Wave but I realized flamethrower is just a bit weaker plus I get more PP. I'm looking at Solarbeam for him to replace dig or crunch in order to cover both rocks and ground types, but I haven't found the time to work on him. My fav poke because he reminds me of my dog way too much... (I'll throw a picture up here sometime for your viewing pleasure)

{mamoswine} Lv. 54
191/159/106/90/91/116
avalanche, Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Strength
-The only reason why I keep strength is because I need a cheap filler move for now until I find a good move for coverage. Stealth Rock probably should've gone to Tyranitar but I noticed she got sandstream so I gave Mamoswine it instead. I can't really do too much with the move in the elite four because after will, only 4 pokes are affected before you face lance. I try to throw mamoswine out when I get to the second dragonite in order to set-up stealth rock, then avalanche rape everything except charizard.

{ampharos} Lv. 55
173/96/104/145/119/99
Signal Beam, Focus Blast, Discharge, Light screen
-light screen actually helps after KO'ing gyarados so I can atleast get a non'flich hit or two off with mamoswine (it takes me two turns to get to Lance's second Dragonite). If I has to dump a poke this one would probably have to go, I have espeon and togekiss which both have higher Spec. Attack and Speed and both can cover their bases well unlike Amphy here.

{espeon} Lv. 53
136/97/78/170/124/142
Psybeam, Swift, Last Resort, Shadow Ball
-Shadow Ball was there because I goofed and accidentally espeon's whole movepool. She should be rested, but she's too far behind everyone else so I think I can scrape by until I get back to her.

Resting:

{togekiss} Lv. 55
174/87/136/155/135/105
Last Resort, Extrasensory, Magical Leaf, Fly
-Don't get me wrong about this movepool, it's actually pretty good. I use last resort as pick offs, extrasensory for neutrals, magical leaf for rocks, grounds and waters, and fly for bugs, grass, and fighting. Needs a bit of tweaking right now. Planning on making movepool Aura Sphere, Extrasensory, Sky Attack and a move TBD. The TBD move will most likely be either Magical leaf or heal bell but I haven't ruled out a few other moves yet. This is why Shoddy is so helpful because it can help you find good movepools and determine if a poke is good for your team or not.

Feel free to judge, I'm open to opinions and I'd be glad to hear what you think.

current party in HG:
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Too lazy to judge stats , so I guess movesets are all thats done in YELLOW

B-Mac wrote:
{tyranitar} Lv. 56
Earthquake, Crunch, Superpower, Stone Edge
NEVER USE TRASH. Thats all I can say. Superpower comes VERY VERY HANDY when coming across bulky Normal Types such as Snorlax and Blissey. And maybe even hardcore murderers like Ursaring.All in all Trash is a very bad move imo and I definitely NEVER let anyone of my Pokemon learn it.

{feraligatr} Lv. 57
Waterfall, Sword Dance, Crunch, Ice Punch
What'd I say bout Trash ! Ferligatr might be already physically strong but NEVER be too content. There is several Pokemon out there that have much more defense.Strong enough to cause a Feraligatr 3-4 Hits to KO even if its SuperEffective.

{arcanine} Lv. 54
Thunder Fang, Extremespeed, Overheat, Flamethrower
If you have a Life Orb , swipe it onto Arcanine. Extremespeed is not a move to be used until its in the near red zone.Flamethrower is merely a primary attack and Overheat is definitely a killer.T-tar already has Crunch so I see no reason why it needs to be here as well. Might as well get a Thunder Fang off for those unexpecting Water types.

{mamoswine} Lv. 54
Ice Shard, Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Strength
Priority bro , PRIORITY. God knows when you'll get outspeed with a lets say Dragonite who carries Flamethrower.Thats pretty much the end if you get outsped.Not to mention Ferligatr might not be even able to inflict if it outspeeds him with a T-bolt.The least you can do then is to inflict even minimal damage to remove the load of your chest for the other guys to kick butt.If possible replace Strength with Ice Shard instead ..

{ampharos} Lv. 55
Thunder wave, Hidden Power [ Ice ] , Thunderbolt, Light Screen
This is probably so far the one with most corrections done. Focus Blast's low PP and Accuracy is a bit too risky for an Ampharos who can't really tank a strong hit from Outrage of a Dragonite.Just incase you find yourself in the situation where you KNOW the foe is outspeeding everyone , go for the Thunder Wave to slow him down.Since almost nothing can outspeed a Pokemon when Paralyzed.T-bolt is a better reccomendation imo instead of Discharge but its really your choice.

{espeon} Lv. 53
Psychic, Baton Pass , Calm Mind , Substitute
Get her a Leftover. Espeon lacks Defense and may be prey to things like Ferligatr(s). Might as well use her as support right ? Sub, pull off a few Calm Minds , and Pass it on to something that can sweep with the +2/3. Psychic might lack PP but is strong enough to kill things cos of Espeon's high SpAttack.

Resting:

{togekiss} Lv. 55
Nasty Plot , Air Slash , Baton Pass , Fly
Good Explanation , but lets see this Moveset of mine which my Togekiss carries and kicks butt with.Since Fly practically never gets show-time , Air Slash along with its high critical in addition to 2-3 Nasty Plots , Togekiss is a heavy sweeper.Togekiss also has decent Defenses so even a heavy T-bolt or Ice Beam won't be able to OHKO most of the time.Unless a crit gets the better of you.When you THINK or KNOW Togekiss is gonna die the next turn , Pass to the next bulky sweeper you have and you should have no problems

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Do you think it's a rating thread here?
I don't think so. And Tyranitar can't learn Superpower naturally, I'm pretty sure.
And this is the NUZLOCKE challenge after all.
Um, I defeated Lt. Surge and caught+evolved Diglett.
That's all I have.
{dugtrio} Lv. 30
Dig
Magnitude
Sand-Attack
Cut
(Just stating the new Pokemon. Real update will come soon.)

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Never said or thought it was. I know it cant learn Superpower naturally , but who said he has to use it now ? Doesn't hurt to do so after he completes.
And besides , he technically already finished the challenge on his HGSS , his just extending it to the Kanto region. He asked for help / thoughts , all I did was give him what I think would be better for him to use if he evers goes into competitive battling. Do you find that a problem ?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

so I decided to reset diamond and do a nuzlocke challenge.
Charachter: Shadow
Started with Adamant female {turtwig} lucky right?
Rules I'm playing by
standard rules:
Nickname all
Faint = dead
1st poke per route = catchablabe.
set mode

My rules:
No healing items
Breeding OK but only with live pokes
gift Pokes OK
Legends OK but Uber legends must be boxed
All rules may be bent if a shiny should appear.
Appearance of a shiny allows the revival of 1 dead Pokemon
Pokeballs can be bought
revives can be used but only in trainer battles

I be writing my challenge down as a story in the Canalave library.

Also I found this for all to see

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Welcome to the challenge /vXv\.

@Erick , just wondering , did you trade the Graveler for the Golem ?

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:59 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm doing a Nuzlocke playthrough of FireRed on YouTube.
I'm going pretty easy on myself (using items/pokecentres willy-nilly) and my team is still dropping like flies!

I guess I'm just not that good at Pokemon, but if you're interested, my YouTube name is the same as this one and I swear I'm getting better at talking over my gameplay and such.

I'll be posting another episode tonight, so tune in if you're interested and leave a comment if you enjoy/think I'm royally screwing up and need advice!

I'm also doing a Nuzlocke run of Pokemon Perle - of which I'm making a comic, but it won't be online until Christmas at the earliest as it's hand-drawn and I don't have a scanner here (studying abroad).

Here's my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MineralRabbit

xox

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

zPIRATED wrote:
Never said or thought it was. I know it cant learn Superpower naturally , but who said he has to use it now ? Doesn't hurt to do so after he completes.
And besides , he technically already finished the challenge on his HGSS , his just extending it to the Kanto region. He asked for help / thoughts , all I did was give him what I think would be better for him to use if he evers goes into competitive battling. Do you find that a problem ?

I'm doing exactly what you said... I want to level up as much as possible without being weak and visiting the poke center after every battle. I won't do it against red ofcourse, but I do follow the rules even while I'm in the battle frontier (say T-Tar gets KO'd by a frontier brain, can't use him again even though he was healed right after battle).

I know this isn't a rating thread... Thanks for giving some advice and I'd say they're all pretty good except for Togekiss. I know togekiss is bulky but you'll always get that critical hit that could KO anything, I mainly care about defending against rocks so I thought magical leaf could do good for me since most rock pokemon have a secondary typing that gives you 4x damage.

Mamoswine will lose Strength before the challenge is over... I hate the move and barely use it. Avalanche is good because if I get hit with a dragon rush, mamoswine can easily brush it off and come back with a 180 BP ((60 regular + STAB) x 2, i think) wrecking ball. If he flinches he could easily take another one and try the same thing.

I hated thrash and never really used it, I know superpower was a priority and on shoddy I KO'd a Red cloned Lapras (same movepool and maxed out stats) w/ T-Tar at Lv. 78, I think I got lucky...
Feraligatr definitely deserves ice punch and swords dance. Swords dance will help because I did have some trouble with the Lv. 50 Dragonite because it would always hit me with an outrage that knocked off half the HP of feraligatr, then the sitrus berry would trip and he'd still have low enough HP to make lance use a full restore. The other two were jokes but the latter was a pain.

I'm not skilled with Hidden Power but I'll try it. I always contemplated thunderbolt but for some reason I stuck with Discharge (used to be combo-ed with charge before I challenged the elite four for the first time.

Told you espeon needed work. Baton Pass will be handy and Substitute will be a good staller move against red because I could make a loop with a full restore the turn after using substitute.

I've got to cut down on huge posts like this...

current party in HG:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You should really have a try at the Togekiss.

Not gonna go into EVs but if EV-ed right , it can take down even Steels with the 3 Nasty Plots .

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

zPIRATED wrote:
Welcome to the challenge /vXv\.

@Erick , just wondering , did you trade the Graveler for the Golem ?

yes i did. i wasnt intending too but i mentioned to my friend and he offered to trade. and i said yes.
we've been battling alot too. Even though my team sucks and is for the challange he isnt a good battler and i make enough predictions to pwn him. :P

with that said thats why i've used some tm's

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gosh. I'm sorry. Guess I didn't read much. Fail me.
Anyway, I haven't played LeafGreen in ages. That semi-update is from a few days before the post.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 27  Next