It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New abilities: Uses 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

New Abilities that are pretty epic

Contrarian:
This Pokemon's stat modifiers, including self-inflicted ones, are reversed; i.e., negative modifiers become positive while positive ones become negative.
Jarooda w/ Leaf storm raises SA 2 stages Each use! This is extremely powerful!

Regeneration:
When this Pokemon switches out, it recovers 1/3 of its max HP.
Ho-oh- Heal even under stealth rock!
Slowbro/king - super bulky waters!
Tangrowth

Encourage:
When using attacks that have secondary effects, this Pokemon does not inflict the secondary effect but the move's power receives a 30% boost.
Great for sweepers Super Power! Giga imact?! Hyper Beam?! Outrage?!
Kingler
Nidoking/queen
Tauros
Feraligatr
Etc.

Overconfidence:
When this Pokemon knocks out another Pokemon, its Attack is raised by one level.
Again Great for Sweepers
Pinsir
Gyarados
Heracross
Salamence
Mightyena
Etc.

Sand Throw:
This Pokemon's Speed doubles during Sandstorm.
Dugtrio
Randorosu

Mischievous Heart :
The non-damaging moves of this Pokemon have one priority stage higher than usual.
Priority Status! Taunt, Mean look, Recovery, Stat boosts!
sableye
Illumise
Volbeat
Etc.

Poison Rampage:
This Pokemon's Attack increases when it is poisoned.
Zangoose - toxic orb

Burn Rampage:
This Pokemon's Special Attack increases when it is burned.
Drifblim - Flame orb

Cursed Body:
When this Pokemon is attacked, there is a 30% chance that the opponent's attack will be disabled.
Auto Disable!
Bannete
froslass
Burungeru

Telepathy:
This Pokemon avoids damage from its teammates in Double or Triple Battles.
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina

Victory Star:
The Accuracy of this Pokemon and its partners in Double and Triple Battles receives a 10% boost.
Bikutini

Sand Power:
The power of this Pokemon's Rock-, Ground- and Steel-type moves increases during Sandstorm.
Sandslash
Muurando
Doryuuzu

Healing Heart:
The user has a 30% chance to heal its allies of status conditions in Double or Triple Battles.
Auto Heal Bell!
Tabunne
Blissey
Bellosom
Mamanbou

Mummy:
When this Pokemon is hit with a contact move, the attacking Pokemon's ability becomes Mummy.
Like Gastro acid
Desukaan

Last edited by /vXv\ on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i am liking regeneration a lot as well as sand throw although tis incredibly broken as doryuzu and rankorusu

mischevious heart is awesome as well encourage [nbz made a video of this] which negates superpower stat loses however it doesn't stop recoil

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OOoooooo... Im liking this. Contrarian looks the most intersting to me. Too bad smergale cant get it.

Regeneration is MEH. I dont do a lot od switching in battles.

Encourage is ok but I may change my mind once I play it.

Overconfidence IS SWEET!

Sand power, nice.

The rest are just get a nod.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Most of the new abilities are just lost on me. I really just don't care. Frankly to me it seems like they are trying to make the metagame easier for smaller tykes. Still some abilities can see their uses.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Jarooda with Contrarian could become a serious pain in the arse.... have to test that out on PO

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jarooda won't become anything, even with Contrarian. Grass is a horrible type to use offensively, and it is just as bad defensively. If it got some special moves that were actually half decent, then maybe it could, but not just with Contrarian and Leaf Storm.

One ability you forgot to mention is Inconsistency. What that does every turn it raises a random stat by two stages, while lowering a random stat by two stages.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i thought it was perversity not contratian

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

There's also Eccentric which ditto learns that transforms him as soon as he enters battle. Making him actually useful.

As far as the ability "Competive Spirit" goes (Attack increase when stats drop) does it raise attack when you decrease your own stats with moves like Close Combat.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think these new abilities are amazing and will put a new spin on things (especial regeneration and contrarian)

Quote:
Encourage:When using attacks that have secondary effects, this Pokemon does not inflict the secondary effect but the move's power receives a 30% boost.

I think it's referring to things such is burning, freezing, and paralysis.( e.g. Body Slam). Not the side effects of the Pokemon using it, it wouldn't really be fair to give hyper beam a 30% increase and be able to use it the next turn now would it =/

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ethereal Ice wrote:
I think these new abilities are amazing and will put a new spin on things (especial regeneration and contrarian)

Quote:
Encourage:When using attacks that have secondary effects, this Pokemon does not inflict the secondary effect but the move's power receives a 30% boost.

I think it's referring to things such is burning, freezing, and paralysis.( e.g. Body Slam). Not the side effects of the Pokemon using it, it wouldn't really be fair to give hyper beam a 30% increase and be able to use it the next turn now would it =/

Any effect that would get a boost from serene grace will work with encourage. Hididaruma+Flare Blitz is probably the most powerful combo of this. Feraligatar DD+Waterfall is potent as well.

Super Power! Giga imact?! Hyper Beam?! Outrage?!
None of these moves are affected by encourage.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasterChef wrote:
There's also Eccentric which ditto learns that transforms him as soon as he enters battle. Making him actually useful.

I dont see how thats gonna make ditto more usefull. I honestly dont. I see ditto as one of the worst pokemon to use in any kind of battle situation. Also what the point of ditto even having transform anymore. They could have at least have got rid of transform and give it a move that it keeps even after it transfoms.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ditto can switch in easily by being able to take the attack as the opponent's poke, including copying their ability making it similar to trace switch-ins. You can in many cases use it simply to scout an opponent's set, making it less risky to set up on with something else. There's still the problem of your opponent knowing the set, stats and 5pp, but it's is infinitely more useful then the old tactic of wasting a turn transforming while hoping not to die.

With that ability it's doesn't need a move other than transform because it will never even see it's own moves as it will instantly know the opponent's.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

superpower drops are negated by encourage

and a tip if you bring out your ditto with the instant transform ability and you don't transform the opposing pokemon is a zoarak

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

According to bulbipedia (though they translate it to Brute Force)
Quote:
In battle
Brute Force raises the base power of all moves that have any secondary effects by 30%, but the secondary effects are ignored. However, this ability is not applied to moves that have a negative effect on the user, such as recoil, two-turn moves, and stat reduction after using certain moves. If a Pok

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That makes less sense.. it'd be cool but then (with the life orb) the pokemon would get a 1.6 booost in damage With out ANY side effects?!
Thats more that choice band. and not move locking. speaking of chocie band would it remove its effect as well?

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Choice band effect still applies.

Bar Life orb only moves that would receive effect from serene grace are affected by encourage.

/vXv\ wrote:
Ho-oh- Heal even under stealth rock!

SR cuts 50% from Ho-oh, it would still take damage.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I forgot an interesting one Harvester: allows for unlimited Berry use
Can be learned by tropius and Exeggutor
Unlimited lum berries, stat boosting berries (including Critical hit)
Though neither pokemon can utilize this that well on its own, exeggutor can learn skill swap Imagine passing it to your Raikou which is holding shuca berry, No weaknesses!

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Custap berry would work great with a CM+endure Exeggutor. Downside is that there is a fair few pokemon with the tension ability which blocks eating berries.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:15 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

MasterChef wrote:
Downside is that there is a fair few pokemon with the tension ability which blocks eating berries.

True, but the vast majority of them either have much better abilities or have no business being used in regular battles.

Arbok Intimidate Shed Skin Tension
Persian Limber Technician Tension
Aerodactyl Rock Head Pressure Tension
Mewtwo Pressure None Tension
Ursaring Guts Quick Feet Tension
Houndoom Early Bird Flash Fire Tension
Tyranitar Sand Stream None Tension
Masquerain Intimidate None Tension - lol masquerain
Vespiquen Pressure None Tension - lol vespiquen
Denchura Compoundeyes Tension Swarm
Ononokus Rivalry Mold Breaker Tension

The only ones that I see using Tension are sweeping Aerodactyl that don't have Double edge, and Tyranitar that don't want to put up sand. Everything else either has better options or is useless.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I should of put "in comparison to the harvest users"

Really any Aerodactyl is going to use Tension. Revenge and Lead sets don't last long enough to get mileage from pressure. Double-edge is rarely used, Wi-fi will see it even less since it's tutored from 2 gens ago also it's almost outclassed now by Claw Sharpen+Stone edge, while Tension stops Pinch+BP leads and to a lesser extent, Unburden+BP leads cold.

And **** YEAH Masquerain w/ tension!! you'll see this EVERYWHERE!!!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:10 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I still think Pressure will be more useful on Leadactyl than Tension. There are a bunch of moves that leads use on Aero that have only 8 PP - Close Combat, Gyro Ball, and Stone Edge, to name a few - and being able to cut the amount of times they can be used in half (since it takes two hits to kill thanks to Focus Sash) is really helpful in the long run. Plus, if a Leadactyl is matched up against a berry-passer, it can just Taunt them and be done with it.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For me overconfindence suites my battle style the best, The rest just dont seem like me..

Posion rampage-Why the heck would I posion MY OWN POKEMON?? This just doesnt make sense to me.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GofD wrote:
Posion rampage-Why the heck would I posion MY OWN POKEMON?? This just doesnt make sense to me.

A few select reasons. Swellow-Guts STAB Facade. Ursaring-Guts STAB Facade, or Quick Feet STAB Facade. Did I mention how Facade DOUBLES its Base Power when the Pokemon using it has a status condition?

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EvilPenguin wrote:
I still think Pressure will be more useful on Leadactyl than Tension. There are a bunch of moves that leads use on Aero that have only 8 PP - Close Combat, Gyro Ball, and Stone Edge, to name a few - and being able to cut the amount of times they can be used in half (since it takes two hits to kill thanks to Focus Sash) is really helpful in the long run. Plus, if a Leadactyl is matched up against a berry-passer, it can just Taunt them and be done with it.

Forgot about Taunt :/

Though I laugh at the person that CCs Aero's last HP. SE and gyro ball are plausible since it's usually paired with EQ.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:30 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well, its not like Inferanpe that run FB/CC/SR/Taunt are uncommon.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next