It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Did that actually happen? II (New Round!) 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

One day I was browsing through the older games when I spotted "Did that actually happened" competition - a trivia game. It seems quite fun so I think I'll bring it back!
P.S. Since this is the first time for me to host a game, I'm a bit nervous. Please tell me if I didn't do anything properly!
The Rules:
1. Basic game play:
metavoir wrote:
OK so basically i'll say 2 things that might have happened in a pokemon game and you have to guess which actually happened. example:

1. in the battle tower on diamond, i defeated 20 people in a row.
2. in the battle tower on diamond, someone sent out a level 50 mewtwo.

now mewtwo can't be used in the battle tower so #2 is false.

Post the answer in this format:
Answer Format wrote:
#1 is {true/false}, {insert reason here}.
#2 is {true/false}, {insert reason here}.

2. After the one with the correct answer is announced he/she will post the new 'questions'. Remember to specify the games & (if there're more than 2 questions) how many are true/false.
3. There shall be no one-worded answers for it's directly against the Game Corner rules.
4. Questions must not be related to cheating.
5. This game will end 31 Dec. (Does anyone think it's too long/short?)
We can keep a scoreboard, just to see that who is the leading trivia master.

Without any further ado, let the game begin!
A1: BW: My Jaroda has 14 ribbons! (No I don't really have BW)
A2: BW: I have a lv50 Gyarados in my team without trading/transferring.

Last edited by ShinyLucario on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:43 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

#1 is false; you can't get ribbons in BW without migrating from Gen. IV. Since Jalorda is a Gen. V Pokemon, it can't be migrated from Gen IV.
#2 is true; you can buy a Magikarp in BW, so it's possible to have a Gyarados.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ding ding ding! Mr. Dude is correct! *insert wild crowd cheers & applause here*
Now it's your turn, Mr. Dude.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yay! I'm special! Anyways...
How I work in these kinds of games: I only use games that I have and use situations that have happened to me or a friend in a game. I don't include trading or migrating. That means I could use my copy of Emerald, but have a story from my brother's Pearl, but I could be using a version exclusive or unobtainable. So here we go:

A1: SS: My Phanpy evolved a couple of days ago in Route 26. That Raticate deserved what hit him, teasing little Phanpy like that.
A2: Crystal: Spearow learned Aerial Ace after I defeated Bugsy in an incredibly close fight-to-the-finish.
A3: Yellow: Raichu tested Thunderbolt on me after I taught it TM 24. I wasn't happy, but it seemed to be thrilled.
A4: Diamond: I never felt like capturing Murkrow before, so I caught my first one ever in Eterna Forest at 11:00 P.M. Yeah, you think I'd have caught one before, but I never saw the need. Now that he gets a stat boost through evolution, he has some potential.
A5: Ruby: Just as I was about to lose to the first Hoenn Elite Four member, my Hariyama defeated his second-to-last Pokemon. He leveled up and learned Seismic Toss and kept on using it to score me a close victory.

Bonus question time! (Get it right and I'll give you a badly typed rabbit): R/B: I had to give my Charmeleon a stern telling-off when he somehow lost to the Grass-type Gym Leader. Yeah, I told off a bunch of pixels for losing to another bunch of pixels. At least he evolved soon after that and kicked serious butt.

Two truths and three lies. The bonus (not required (I like adding stuff for fun)) can be either. No one should get the bonus. It's too cruel.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A1: False because Raticate can not learn taunt or torment naturally or by TM
A2: False becasue aerial ace did not exist in generation 2
A3: False because Raichu is unattainable in yellow because your pikachu refuses to evolve like ash's refused to evoolve in the anime.
A4: True Because you can catch murkrow at night in eterna forest in diamond, but not in pearl
A5: True because haryiama learns seismic toss naturally at level 51.

Bonus question: True because i've had a lvl. 27 charmeleon fainted on me against erika after taking out one and 3/4 out of of three if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone. I went on to win with a vaporeon with ice beam crazy i know, but hey it happened.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

A1: True Taunt/torment wasn't mentioned, Raticate do appear on rt 26.
A2: Same reason as before
A3: True Raichu is obtain able through trading
A4: Same
A5:Same

A real Bonus Question: FireRed Version It was Dec. 24th 2004 (christmas eve) while Battling the champion (Your Rival) Dunking's Plusle used the Move Volt Tackle! No it wasn't hacked..

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[irony]Wow Mr. Dude, thanks so much for all these easy & simple questions![/irony]
Anyway, thanks everyone for participating! Before the 2 replies I did some researches & ended up with 3 truths & 2 lies:
A1: True, Raticate appear in Route 26.
A2: False, Aerial Ace didn't exist back in Gen 2.
A3: False, Raichu isn't available unless by trading (Mr. Dude said that trading or migrating isn't included)
A4: True, Murkrow is available in Eterna Forest at night on Diamond.
A5: True...maybe. Hariyama does learn Seismic Toss at Lv 51.
And I didn't even get the point in the bonus question...Maybe it's just me.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Aquadude (who thinks Mr. Dude is awesome) wrote:
A1: False because Raticate can not learn taunt or torment naturally or by TM
A2: False becasue aerial ace did not exist in generation 2
A3: False because Raichu is unattainable in yellow because your pikachu refuses to evolve like ash's refused to evoolve in the anime.
A4: True Because you can catch murkrow at night in eterna forest in diamond, but not in pearl
A5: True because haryiama learns seismic toss naturally at level 51.

Bonus question: True because i've had a lvl. 27 charmeleon fainted on me against erika after taking out one and 3/4 out of of three if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone. I went on to win with a vaporeon with ice beam crazy i know, but hey it happened.

So close! But I'll give you all a hint: Aquadude got them all right except for the bonus and number one, but not for the reason you would normally think. And remember: three falses and two trues. With that humongous hint, you just have to answer number one (and the bonus, if you wish). :)

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:18 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

*Gosh* It's so obvious! A1 is FALSE because Phanpy isn't available in SoulSilver unless by trading!
I still think the bonus question is true because any Pokemon can lost to any Pokemon......
Now the problem is, who is counted as "winning" this round?

Last edited by ShinyLucario on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Technically, ShinyLucario won. He got #2-5 like everyone else, but he was the first to also get #1 correct. Being the first one to get all five, ShinyLucario is the winner.
However, nobody got the bonus question (which wasn't required to win).

Mr. Dude wrote:
Bonus question time! (Get it right and I'll give you a badly typed rabbit): R/B: I had to give my Charmeleon a stern telling-off when HE somehow lost to the Grass-type Gym Leader. Yeah, I told off a bunch of pixels for losing to another bunch of pixels. At least HE evolved soon after that and kicked serious butt.

This was in R/B, back when Pokemon didn't have genders. Therefore, the bonus is false. You are free to complain to me about the cruelness of the bonus question. Nobody gets the rabbit.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The gender thing was cruel BUT since an algorithm was used to determine gender in gen 2 based off its RBY IVs. one could divine if charmeleon was in deed a he.
Trading possible!
Crystal:Me and my fresh caught Ho-oh {ho-oh] challenge The Battle Tower at the level 40 Rank, With the power of the Rainbow we claim victory againest the foes {scizor] Scizor!
Gold: Rt. 34 I was facing east While fishing with my trusty super rod, when I hooked a shining gold {krabby] Krabby!
LeafGreen: I was busy hatching a timid {abra] Abra with the elementary punches, when I discovered that you can ride your bike around the southern coast of kanto without dismounting your bike ever! Vermillion, Saffron, Celadon, Fushia, Lavender repeat! assuming that snorlaxs and all trainers are defeated.
Sapphire: After watching Team Aqua get away in the sub, I decide to go fishing in the sub bay to calm my nerves. Unfortunatly I pulled up a Sharpedo {sharpedo], which only further reminded me of my failure.

Ruby: While taking the Cable car up Mount Chimney to restock my Lava cookies I noticed a single green camper walking down the slope.

All GBA gen: games There is some form of pick up truck in every game?!

Bonus Question: FireRed: It was Dec. 24th 2004 (christmas eve) while Battling the champion (Your Rival) Dunking's {plulse} Plusle used the Move Volt Tackle!
5 True!

POOF!
All gone, sort of...

Last edited by /vXv\ on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

*cough cough*
The Rules wrote:
Thou shalt specify how many questions are true/false.

*more coughs*
The Rules Also wrote:
The winner (the 1st one to get ALL questions right) shalt post the questions.

I love to see people taking interests in this game but please always keep the rules in mind.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think that having to tell how many are true and false is a bad rule, what if they are all true no thinking required or what if only 1 is false, you only have to figure out which one is false then its no more fun.

Sorry about posting questions but It took me a lot of work to write them, plus leaving large gaps of time between roundss can get boring, thats how a lot of werewolf games died.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:55 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

ShinyLucario, post your next questions please. /vXv\, copy/paste your questions to a text file on your computer or something, and then edit them out of your post please. You can save them for when you do win a round.

And if you're dumb enough to do all true or all false, then too bad for you. It's still a rule that you need to post how many trues and how many falses there are.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Since JsXtm kindly came & cleared everything up, I can post my questions...
No trading/transferring is included.
A1: HGSS: Red's Venusaur {venusaur} nearly put my Charizard {charizard} to sleep, but luckily I remembered to attach a Lum Berry to it before battle.
A2: GS: I used my Lanturn against the Electriv-type Gym Leader, knowing that it's safe from Electric-type attacks because of Volt Absorb.
A3: RB: Sabrina's Alakazam keep using strong moves to beat my PM when always recovering itself! I nearly lost, but my Haunter used its Ghost-type moves & saved the day!
A4: In Gen 1 games, Prof. Oak has a very strong Pokemon team leveled 66~70!
The number of truths is the same as the cubic root of 8.

@ Bat Master: Be the 1st to answer all these simple questions to post your questions!

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What the heck ill give this a try..

A) Im gonna say true, I say this because berries where available in the RB remakes, so common sense tells me that they would do the same for the GS remakes..

B) False, ablities were not introduced until Gen 3, RSE.

C) Im gonna say this one it true. Ghost type moves are effective against pshycic types, however haunter being part poison is open

D) By prosses of elimination this one is false (honestly thats my reason for this one being false, prosses of elimination.)

Ok theres my answers and my reason. I was a little tough since I dont own any pre gen 3 games ( ive played em, I just dont own em)

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I guess i should give it a try.

A1: True, Lum Berry cures any status condition.
A2: False, there was no abilities in Gen II
A3: I think this one was actually a trap, but I'll say that it was False, in Gen I, Psychic-type was immune to Ghost-type attacks.
A4: From the elimination, this one was true, even if i don't really know what the reason.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, what the heck. I'll go for it.
A1: True, because beries do indeed exist in HG/SS.
A2: False, because Lanturn did not have abilities, along with the others, in GSC.
A3: False, because in R/B/Y, There are no ghost attacks, except for Lick, and there's some glitch that makes Lick not effective against Psychic.
A4: True, because I read it in a creepypasta blog thing that Oak's Team was supposed to be there, but the designers scrapped the idea for the final version.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

A1: True. You can get a Charizard in game and then battle Red, and there are also Lum Berries in game.
A2: False. No abilities in Gen. II.
A3: False. In R/B, Psychic is IMMUNE to Ghost, not weak to it.
A4: True. Process of elimination, of course. Why not?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

two people beat me to it but

1 true because lum berry is in HG/SS
2. False because volt absorb did not exist
3. False because there are no strong ghost type moves in generation 1
4. True it just never got coded into the game therefore it went unused

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wow, we're gaining popularity! Here are the correct answers:
A1: True, you can obtain a Charmander, evolve it, then go battle Red (whose Venusaur does know Sleep Powder). And Lum Berries do cure sleep.
A2: False, abilities don't exist in Gen 2.
A3: False, in Gen 1 Psychic-type was immune to Ghost-type attacks.
A4: True but no much people know it! Prof. Oak's team was programmed into the games but it was never used, though one can battle him by performing certain glitches.

Everyone got most of the questions right, so it'll be a tough job judging who will post the next questions. Lets see...
GofD: 2
DarkTrainer13: 3.5
torchie13125: 3.5
Mr. Dude: 3
Aquadude: 3.5
Well, seems like no one got everything exactly right (The correct answer is actually a combination of everyone's answers). I'll say...DarkTrainer13 gets the point (Though "from the elimination" isn't exactly a good answer. Maybe I should have heed the warning of the Bat Master...)
If anyone don't like the result you may complain/protest/etc to me. (*sigh*Been a game host is no easy work...)

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:34 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, i guess this is it.

A1: Emerald: I finally make that old man in Pacifidlog Town to reveal Mirage Island. And i also finally get a rare berry there.
A2: Crystal: I was pretty much screwed when i found out that i need to fill my coin case to the maximum to obtain the Porygon.
A3: FR: I got a bike after i get to the Electric-type Gym.
A4: Emerald: Most of my Pokemon in my party was almost fainted after i fought more than 10 trainer in Route 128.

2 Correct, 2 False.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

A1 True, Liechi Berry is found there
A2 False, in crystal the price is reduced to 5555 C
A3 True, Bike can be obtained after getting a Bike voucher from pokefan club
A4 False only 7 trainers on that route.

Game Over
PS your grammar is terrible

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, the Bat Master's answers seems pretty plausible. DarkTrainer, please come & announce the winner ASAP!

Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, he got them right. I'm not really good at making questions.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:25 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next