It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:02 am

Forum rules

ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 GofD ranks tcg games!!!! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok since this seems to be the place that people are doing rankings and I havent seen this yet... Im gonna do this cause im just that cool...

First due to the area thatI live in theres only 5 TCG's that I know of/ collect myself so if theirs a TCG you like / collect feel free to add you own rating. Heck you can even rate whst Ive already rated.

Second Ill be using Wikipedia for some info. I know its not the best source, I just dont want to do a lot of searching....

The five TCG's ill be rating are pokemon,digimon,yugioh,zatch bell and chaotic.

Well lets begin:

Digimon
-Released in japan in 1997 and in america a few years later (Yes thats my best estimated)
-Seperated into 3 main groups: virus, data and vaccine. These 3 are then seperated into 10 families.
-Play acts as rock paper scissors- virus beats data, data beats vaccine and vaccine beats virus.

What I think about game play:
I actually was never able to get a starter deck for digimon just the boosters, so I actually coulk never play it. I did try figuring it out but it didn't work out... I was able to figure out that you sart out with a baby/novice/wahtever it was then evolved that to champion level, followed by ultiamate level and finally the mega Level (unless its changed). I did like the idea that you may need more than one digimon and maybe a few items to "digivole" to the next level,but other than that it just wasn't very interesting.

Final verdict: 1/10 it was great while it lasted but the TCG was canceled in america due to lack of interest. It however is still going in Japan.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Eventually, there will be enough ranking threads to make a ranking thread about ranking threads. Not that these aren't good, there's just so many of them.

Anyways, I've never been fond of any TCGs except for Yu-Gi-Oh!. But only the first one. After that, it sucked and still does. I have no clue how they're still going strong, no matter how awesome the original was.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Edoc'sil wrote:
Eventually, there will be enough ranking threads to make a ranking thread about ranking threads. Not that these aren't good, there's just so many of them.

Yes thats true and that was an idea I had to too, however I figured it would be better if an admin or an adminstrator did that.

Any who on to the next one.

Zatch Bell

-First released in 2005 by bandai.
-Cards where sperated into two character types mamondo (translation- deamon) partner cards, and then we had spell and event cards. certain spell cards can only go into certain pages of your spellbook(see below for info on spellbook)

game play:
This game did something different, no deck. Instead we have a spellbook ( a cardboard book with cardholder sleeves). This gave an insteresting twist to the game. Each player made a spell book of 30 cards (yes 30) consiting of mamondo, spell, events and partner cards. The mamondo cards do the battleing while the partner cards act like an equip card. Events can be played once per turn and act like trainer cards, while the spell cards are the attacks. To play anything other than a character card or partner card you need a specific amoun of mana (or something along the lines) you gain mana by either playing events, character abilites or by turning Xpages (gaining 2 per page). The spell cards are either offensive/defensive or both. When battling the person who has the higher attack/defence wins and the loser turn X # of pages as stated on the spellcards. The loser is the person who gets to the last page in there spell book first. (once you turna page in your spell book you cant use any cards from previous paes)

The fact that you dont have deck means that you know what cards are next. However the fact that there's only 30 cards makes this TCG rather short and boring. Honestly I only played this once. Thats because the games less than 5 minutes. Thats not fun. Other than the spellbook theres nothing really "new" about this.

Final verdict 1/10 the games dont last nearly long enough. The only thing that saved the score from a 0 is the fact that they introduced a rather differnt way of play other than the usual deck. The games has been cancled due to lack of intrest. however there is still a small following.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Zatch Bell! I remember that show! I forgot the name and stopped watching it, so time to catch up on youtube! Anyways, the TCG was very interesting yet utterly FAIL. You hit the nail on the head. ;)

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This thread loses all credibility because Magic The Gathering isn't going to be ranked. Thank you come again.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
This thread loses all credibility because Magic The Gathering isn't going to be ranked. Thank you come again.

Sorry, never heard/ seen it in my area, So I really cant rank it.

Chaotic

-This TCG has the ability to be played online via the chaotic online website first opend in 2007 (one can also assume this is when the TCg was also released. Cards can be transfered online view a "code".

-Cards of the same thing can have variations between them, hence cards of the same thing will have diferent codes.

-cards are sperated into creature (which is then seperated into 4/5 tribes{all creatuer have abilities, some are always active others require certain conditions}), battlegear (equip cards) attack cards and Mugic cards ( essetally "Magic"{also sperated via tripe or generaic}) and location cards (decides who goes first and also have certain effects)

Gameplay-
Each person picks 1,3 or 6 creature cards ( depending on how many was agred upon) and gives each creature a battle gear (facedown) and holds onto a mugic card for each creature. They also make a 10 card location deck and a 20 card attack deck (the total "Points" of the deck cannot exced 20. This is the only use of "points") Each player then places each card out as an upside down pyramid with vthe point towards them (3,2,1). Each player draws 2 attack cards. Then they decide who goes "first" (first in this case refers to whos location deck will be used first). When the location is revealed it states what conditon allows which creature to attck first. When the two creature are chosen to battle (called the "engaged") each player then marks down energy lvl (when this hits zero the creature is defeted) and the creatures courage,speed,wisdom,,power ( these can effect who goes first or the amount of damage recived/given). Each player then reveals the battlegear for there engaged creature. The person who attakcks first draws an attack card and then plays one depending on what attributs (air,what,earth, fire) the attcak will do more damage or have certain effect (some cards have a base damage and to add more damage /effects your engaged creature must share an attribute wit hthe attack card) Certain attack cards require a creature having a higher courage,wisdom,speed, or power. Eaxh palyer then takes turns attacking until the other creatures energy reaches zero, and is discarded. If the attacking creature wins it moves to where the defending creature was. If the defendng creature wins, it stays as is. The current location is then put on the bottom of the location deck and the other person reveals the top card on his location deck. Play contuies like this until one loses all his creatures.

What I think of gameplay:

The gameplay is quite interesting giving chaoitc a higher lvl of strategy. Depending on where you place your creature(s) the game couls last quite some time. HOWEVER, there is some problems, for example Mugic cards. It s not specified when you play them OR if once you use them they are dicarded ( thats wy I didnt say anything bout them in gameplay) also certain creature cards can only be played when you play creature cards that are of the same tribe. There are some goods things two, such as the addition of marillians ( the mysteries 5th tribe). Swapping out one creature card for a marillian general causes creatures who have brainwased abilites ( this cancles out any ability they have {I also didn't meation this in the above paragraph for various reasons}). This gives another new elemt of strategy cause these guys are nasty (seriously thay are), meanin the one playing a marillian general has to figure out how to defend it ( once its gone that person might as well give up and decare losing).

Final verdict- 4/10 it s not bad but its not all that great. For one, these are for people as young as 8. Honestly, an 8 year old would lose interst after maybe two turns cause turns can be LONG, and if they dont have a way to remember where energy and all that is at, fights will break out. They'd tend to just use the online verson. The reason why I said not much about the online experiance is beacause (1) I didn't use it (2) IF YOU DONT BUY THE CARDS ONLINE EXPERIANCE WILL BE NON EXISTANT. This is beacuse to get cards to play online ytou need to BUY them and enter the codes. Not really a "free" online game now is it. Also I beleive chaotic is either dead or dying beacause well, there's too much involved with it and the rules for the "real world" card game are vague at best., which is what really did this TCG in.

Edited verdict- 5/10(real world play). OK so I bought a 3 booster packs for a little over 2 dollars, just to see how it would work if I was to tweak the starters decks I had, would the game become more enjoyable. and the answer is YES. That surprised me the most. I also figured out a bit on the mugic cards. They are played as part of a burst ( a burst is started when a ability or attack is played, then both players add on ablities {the one doing the actual attacking can play an attack card} or mugic cards. This goes on until both players decide NOT to play any more ablities/mugic. The effects then take effect starting with the lats card played). I have yet, however been able to figure out if the mugic cards are then discarded. I have to say Chaotic is good, but there still needs some tweaking.
EEdited verdict- 0/10 (online play) I havent played it, but I dont plan too for one reason, It aint as free as you think. You need to first buy the cards to get any cardson your onlie deck. They alos seem to pushing the online play more than the actual real world card game. I have to sy, if your gonna push players to play it online, make it more accessable.

Last edited by GofD on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

How have you NEVER heard of MTG... that is 7,492 kinds of SAD. You need to read about it, play it, and LOVE it. If you also don't rank DBZ in both expanded and focused form I will cry and laugh at the same time.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Zero Cool wrote:
How have you NEVER heard of MTG... that is 7,492 kinds of SAD. You need to read about it, play it, and LOVE it. If you also don't rank DBZ in both expanded and focused form I will cry and laugh at the same time.

I am honestly sorry, ill try looking for it the next time I head into town. As for DBZ I can say with confidence that I have never EVEN seen decks for it. I live in an area thats considered a "retirment area" so theres no real card store for me to shop for TCG ( I have to rely on departments stores and my local dollar store). I wouldnt mind if you added you own reveiw for these TCGs.

Yu-Gi-Oh
-First released in 1999 by kanomi , and entered the guiness record book in 2007 as the top selling card game (22 BILLION cards worldwide).
-Mostyl played in North America, Japan, Europe and Australia.
-Cards are sperated into monster(with regular,ritual summon, fusion and syncro summon) traps(counter card) and magic cards.
-One of the few card games that you can learn to play by watching the TV show.

Gameplay,
Since ive never bought a starter deck, I' ve relyed on the TV show for the rules. Each player builds a deck (40 cards???) and is givin 4000 life points (when your lifepoints reaches zero you lose{primary way to win, secondary is you no longer have cards to draw from your deck}). The person going first draws a card and places a monster card on the feild (the player going first cannot attack) and can also play magic and trap cards (trap cards are played face down until certain conditions are met to play them). Play then shifts to the opponet who does the same. The opponet now has the opportunity to attack. If the monster he is attacking is in attack mode (card is vertical) and has fewer attack point it is destroyed and sent to the graveyard (discard pile). The difference betwwen the two attack points are deducted from the owners life points. If its in defence mode (horizantal), and it has fewer deffence points then the attackers attack points, it is also destroyed, but no life points are deducted. HOWEVER, if the defence points are greater than the attack points, the attacker losses life points (I think). A player can "sacrifice" ( discard monster from the feild) in order to summon stronger monsters( the # of monsters to sacrifice depends on the # of stars the monster has). If the opponet has no monster on the feild the other person can attck the life points direclty dealing full attack value to them. To fusion summon a monster one requires a fusion magic card and both the two monsters requird for the fusion in the feild and the fusion monster in his/her hand. Synchro summon is the same except the magic card is replaced by a syncro monster. PLay contiues until one person either loses all there life points are runs out of cards to play.

Ok so the gamerplay from above is the pre-5d's rules, since i have no if idea what the hecks goin on with it. The play for "classic" yu-gi-oh is pretty simple, so simple infact you learn it just from watchin the Tv show! There is abit of complecity because you need to not only keep cards in your deck, but also try and lose as little life points as possible. Hence theres 2 basic form of decks, stallers which keep cards in there decks while making the opponet lose cards form there decks, and then there are those that go straight for the life points. All in all the gameplay is simple, but the deck building and stategy during the game can be rather difficult at times.

Final verdict 6/10, not bad. Being able to watch the show to learn the rules make it acsseable to everyone to play, thus making it more enjoyble to everyone. I however havent bought ant yu-gi-oh cards after the original series ended. After that is just got idiculus (duel academy wasnt bad to watch, but 5d's is just too much.)

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, 5ds is moronic. And you can choose with your opponent to start with 4000 or 8000 life points, but due to certain cards, can always go up infinitely.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't really think that 5D's was ridiculous. I think the advancement of the deck types was the challenge itself, but it was actually just an extension of the basic. Like, the Exodia deck, it was actually just an improvement of the Staller deck, it also applies to the Final Countdown deck and Destiny Board deck, and Life Point Manipulator deck.

While the offensive could choose some other method to win, like having either field advantage or hand advantage, relying on direct attack, stalling the opponent for awhile to summon a high-leveled monster, and so on.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:05 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

No Magic the Gathering = this thread loses

Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Krisp wrote:

Well said, well said.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Krisp wrote:

shinashu taji wrote:
Krisp wrote:

Well said, well said.

How many times do I have to apalogize.... And again you can add your reveiw of magic into the thread, I honestly wouldnt mind.

Pokemon

-First released in Japan 1996 followed by america in 1998.
-Cards are sperated into pokemon (basic,stage one, stage two, ex,lv x) that come in 9 types., energy cards(required to use attacks) which also come in 9 types(, trainer cards(basic,supporter,stadium, pokemon tools).

Gameplay
Each player requies a 60 card deck. Eack player puts the top sic cards aside (known as prizes), they then dra 7 cards. From those 7 cards tehy put any BASIC pokemon face down(max 6) in front of them, with one out in front ot be the "active" pokemon. If a player does not have a basci pokemon in there hand, they show there hand to there opponet (who draws an extra card), and then shuffles that hand into there deckand draws seven new cards. After the cardsare placed and reveled a coin is flipped, and the winner of that goes first. The person going first cannot evolve any pokemon. They then draw a card and can in any order evovle,attach energy cards (one per turn), play suppoter cards (one per turn) stadium cards (one, it stays in game until another on is played), place a active pokemon on there bench (pokemon in line to become active)the person finishs his turn by attcking (if possible). To attck the person requies a cetain amount of energy cars attached to there active pokemon, if they dont meet the requirements of the attck they can not attack. If the defendong pokemon takes damge damage sounters are placed on the card to help players to keep track of there active pokemon's health. A player can switch out ther active pokemon by either A) an ability or as specifyed by an attack B) certain trainer cards or C) discard a certain # of energys cards attached to it (called a retreat cost). The leaving pokemon keeps all damge counters on it any any other effects. A new active pokemon is put in its place. When a pokemon faints (losses all it hp) it and all cards attached to it are discarded. The winner chooses 1 of his/her own prize cards and puts it into his/her hand. The otherplay then choosesa nwe active pokemon, and play continues. A person wins when either A) there opponnet draws all the cards in there decks B) they beat 6 of there opponets pokemon and collects all 6 prize cards or C) the person has no more pokemon to become active.

What do I think of gameplay-
Gameplay is rather basic, but it is still fun. However it can be frunstrating. This is becasue you need energy cards, which can take up a lot of room in your deck. You could play a deck that only has one type, whcih then only requies one type of energy. Of course this then means you would have type disadvantages a lot. On the flip side if you make a deck that has a lot of types, you'd need a lot of different energy cards, thus making it hard yo get the energy cards you need in battle. Its a very thin line to walk. As with all decks it takes time to make, but I find it takes me longer to build a pokemon deck.

Final verdict 9/10. Toi be honest Pokemon is my favorite TCG, its quick to learn and fun to play. Howver deck building and clean up can take a lot of time ( if you have a very sophisticatd sytem or you keep your cards in a binder according to dex #). And since pokemon is meant, im gonna say a "introductery" lvl TCG, its perfect for people intrested getting in to TCG.

Well, theres my rankings. Yah I know I left out magic and a few others since I dont play/collect/cant find them. But hey, go ahead add you own review into the thread, ranka a TCG I already ranked. Go ahead and have fun with whatver TCG you play!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]