It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Trading Card Games 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Ok...the only thing I hate about the games though is that they are always asking you if you want to activate your cards that are on the field instead of just making it where you press a button at the right time & then it gives you the option of what to activate & what not...it really kills some of the adrenaline(spelling?) for me...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'd just like to remind Dark_Trainer and Codye Lawence that there is a PM button at the bottom of posts; please use this instead of having a conversation in the thread.

Thanks! ;)

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Guess like we've got carried away. Well, i apologize for getting carried away. And i guess we're being carried away because it is somewhat rare to find other people to reply in this thread. So, i guess i have to said it, sorry.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:48 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Apologies Krisp, won't happen again...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:59 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

TCG thread... and Magic isn't in deep discussion? Odd. Anyone play and if so, what deck/color?

I PUSH THE BUTTON AND WATCH THE SKY BRING DEATH.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I play Magic. I run an Elf Deck which is mono Green. I couldn't get into a deep discussion with Magic because other Magic players didn't join in.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ive been hearing about the "Magic" TCG and ive never seen/heard of it. Of course it could be staring me right in the face (best spot for it to hide) Someone mind giving me a little info on it. Oh yeah, feel free to go to my rating thread and rate the Magic TCG ( It be better if someone who knew what they where talikng about did it rather than me).

Anyways im more into the pokemon TCG. Ive delved into the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG, but it kinda go old real fast. Other TCGS I used to collect where Digimon and Zatch bell. Im currently exploring the Chaotic TCG.

(again feel free to check out my rating thread)

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A little info on Magic. It is one of the oldest trading card games. It predates Yu-Gi-Oh. I could delve into the game play, but it would take forever, and its complicated to explain without visual aid.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I have tons of yu gi oh cards, including all three original gods and two out of three sphinxes. Also, I have maybe 20 japanese pokemon cards and possibly 10 other old pokemon cards. I'm sure I have tons of yu gi oh super/ultra/whatever rares and a few pokemon rares, and I'm thoroghly annoyed by people that I know have no clue how to play either and make up absurd rules to help them win and cheat obsessively and then lie and say that they didn't. EXAMPLE: me: okay, now draw 1 card.
opponent: *draws five*
me: Hey! I said draw 1!
opponent: I did!

another:

oponent: this card destroys every card in your hand and on your side of the field, gives me 4000 life points, and takes away 2500 of yours.
me: "Give me that card!" *snatches it* *reads card* "It says draw a card."

These are the LEAST extreme examples that I could find. Here's the worst, though:

opponent: *first turn* This card automatically kills you.
the card: add 100 attack to a monster on your side of the field

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, people who make up ridiculous rules are kinda annoying. BTW, could you tell me the deck recipe?

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Yeah, people who make up ridiculous rules are kinda annoying. BTW, could you tell me the deck recipe?

Yes but it is also very fun, until you get caught and are then vicously attacked.... Wait, that dosent saound very fun.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
The what? He played pot of greed for the first lie, and again for the second, but I forget what for the last one if that's what you mean.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I mean that what is the recipe of one of your deck, just curious.

Anyway, I'm sure that the card that your friend used was "Jar Of Greed", when i remembered, "Pot Of Greed"'s effect will let you draw two cards.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I played a ton of card games... but I only invested "serious" money into 3

Yu-Gi-Oh - Chaos Deck, This deck was themed when the Invasion of Chaos box set came out. This deck was so broken with 3 ways to win excluding sheer power that when the next set came out the ban list jumped from around 60 to 110. The deck I have was the same that won that years world championship, it had 48 of 60 cards banned, and the other 12 re-written. I.E. Chaos Emperor was banned and Barrel Behind the Door was rewritten, and I believe it was the 2005 worlds.

Magic The Gathering - I quit after Ravnica and 9th edition ended, I had a Ghazi-Glare control deck that I still have and win with, it's a ton of fun. A more advanced deck similar to it won 2007 worlds.

Dragon Ball Z - Goku Black Energetic deck... this thing was disturbing when the GT series was released and the Black Energetic mastery came with a level 6 Goku, this deck also won a world tournament but was loaded with promos. Red Rush decks came in second place, with the "Champions Aura x3" set in it. That deck was... disturbing as well.

I also played duel masters which all in all wasn't terrible, I played pokemon in the original set but didn't care all that much for it as I was too young to make good decks. And the last card game I played was MTG online, limiting what you can get and what not and adored that.

I invested way way WAY too much money into these cards -_-'

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I mixed cards. Not suggested, but as far as I know, completely legal in tournaments. I also used to play Deul Masters but like Zero Cool didn't know enough about it to make a good deck.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, my deck has some forbidden cards, but i don't use it for the tournament, if there's any. But most of them are somewhat themed.

Honestly, i actually did played Duel Masters. I even still have the cards, and the deck of each civilization.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I still have maybe 20 cards from Duel Masters, but have no idea whether or not they're good or not. All of them have different symbols and colors, so I guess I have cards from each `civilization'.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Kinda wished I would have invested my time getting into Digimon's TCG into Duel Master's TCG as I would have enjoyed it alot more then Digimon I know that much...

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Zero I hate control decks with a passion. Most of the time they have no "win" conditions other than milling the other person. Thankfully I have a way to get out of that with my Sliver deck, but still they get annoying. One god thing about Magic is there are three different types of people that play it. I know and play people of each type. Magic is a fun game, and there is no limit to what you can do with a deck in casual play, where there are no cards banned.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:12 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I am a "Johnny/Timmy" among the Yugioh TCG community & most likely will be once I am among the Magic TCG community, I like making unique decks more so then actually playing the game & I usually dislike the more popular & overused cards as I usually find them boring & or can't afford them...

When I play the game, I always find myself drifting into that mentality that if I am going to win, I want to remember it afterwards or it won't be a satisfying experience...I mean the "Johnny/Timmy" profile under "The Hybrids" fits me perfectly, quite literally...

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I am a hybrid of all three. I like to bring out big things, in the way of a combo, and win a lot. My Elf deck is just such a thing. With its infinite combo possibilities it can create huge creatures. Timmy, Johnny, and Spike aren't just limited to Magic, they apply to all TCGs. They are just the three categories Wizards made up for the three main types of players.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I am going to want to see what kind of deck I want to use before I actually start getting any Magic TCs, but I have no clue what set to start with...

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The best deck to start off with in Magic is a starter deck. They give you all the cards you need to start playing, and most pre-fab decks are actually half decent. One of the new pre-fab decks for the new expansion comes full equipped with an infinite combo already placed inside of it.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I tried to get back into magic when the third and worst block of the Ravnica set came out. That was when 10th edition was just released, I invested all the money I had saved into it thinking it was perfect timing however it was definitely not as both sets were super lacking. It was a total waste.

I forgot to mention that I also played the Marvel vs. DC TCG and that was a LOT of fun, I totally spaced until I saw my sentinel deck on top of my yu-gi-oh box

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I didn't get real into Magic until the Time Spiral block, which was about 2006. The newer sets have been introducing some really interesting abilities, and the newest set has even brought back poison counters. Personally I think Magic is the best TCG out there.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next