It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 27  Next
 Nuzlocke Challenge 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

zPIRATED wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
-thank you for clearing this up, I kind of wish I kept my mouth shut about that topic.

Heh , no worries man. You might wanna grind more before facing the Elite 4 cos of the rules.

I haven't even gotten my 7th badge yet. But I do know I need to grind more.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Good to know there. Might wanna keep up with me & Kaori ehy?

@Zero Cool ;
If your gonna go for all the IV , Nature , and stuff . The challenge honestly aint for you. Reason is the same as what Kaori pointed out.

Kaori Sakura wrote:
It gives a feel of uncertainty and forces you to use Poke'Mon and natures you normally never would.

PS ; The reason why no updates have been posted is because I restarted the whole Challenge . Without the trading rules this time. Currently at the 5th Gym , will re-updae when I get back to where I was . [ the Lake part of the story ]

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I honestly know exactly how that is.

I have been playing pokemon for 11 years and I'm using pokes that I haven't used ever before:

-In my leaf green I am using three that I haven't even caught before until a few days ago, those are golbat, hypno and marowak and I can say I wish I used them earlier.

-In my HG I have four that I've never used before, they are espeon (only the second eeveelution I've ever used, jolteon being the other), growlithe, pupitar and my newly evolved as of an hour ago piloswine. I dont't do the challenge on my HG but I do take a different approach in that game due to the fact that I don't want to stray too far away from the challenge.

current party in HG:
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thats good to hear :)

Golbat is one of the best Pokemon in the early game , glad you finally realised its use.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Another Update!
I got through Mt. Moon and am in Cerulean City!
{charmeleon} Fire Lv. 24
Scratch
Smokescreen
Ember
Metal Claw
{pidgeotto} Sandie Lv. 20
Tackle
Whirlwind
Gust
Quick Attack
{butterfree} Flutter Lv. 20
Confusion
String Shot
Stun Spore
Poisonpowder
{nidorina} Needle Lv. 18
Scratch
Tail Whip
Poison Sting
Double Kick
{zubat} Lv. 20
Leech Life
Astonish
Supersonic
Bite
{sandshrew} Sandstorm Lv. 13
Scratch
Defense Curl
Sand-Attack
DEAD
{spearow} Spear Lv. 3
Peck
Growl
{rattata} Violet Lv. 17
Tackle
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It would be really helpful if you notified us of which Poke'Mon are where? I understand that Spearow died and am assuming that Ratata is locked away in your box, but you don't give definite answers. Could you organize it just a bit so we could have a better understanding?

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(Sorry!)
Okay, the Pokemon before Spearow is alive and in party.
After DEAD are Spear and Violet, my first two casualties.
Sorry. Next one's going to be organized like that.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kaori , instead of asking people for tidyness and stuff , why don't you start on your update ! >:[

You've been keeping me in suspense for i dont know friggin when !

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks torchie13125!

zPIRATED wrote:
Kaori , instead of asking people for tidyness and stuff , why don't you start on your update ! >:[

You've been keeping me in suspense for i dont know friggin when !

It really has been a while, hasn't it? Alright, as of now I'll finish on the last two Poke'Mon that aren't 70 yet and go get my 7th badge so I can update.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kaori Sakura wrote:
really has been a while

You KIDDING ME ?!!?!

A WHILE ?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Didn't she mention that she has work? Maybe that's why she didn't have the time to post an update. She didn't have the time to do the game!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have work as well , and I'm guessing you cant really sense the sense of joke in the previous post ? o.O

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Update:

My last update was on the 20th and this one falls on the 27th. Now that I think of it, that's actually not too bad all things considered. I will be honest however, I just had the majority of the time I spend playing Poke'Mon instead spent with my younger brother. Which is, at work honestly. Easy work, horrible pay. But it's easy and man is it boring! Hence the hand-held game system. Anyways, I'm sure you all want to see what I've been up to on FireRed rather then hear me go on about my personal life. Ahem!

After getting my 6th badge I began immediately surfi--running towards a Poke'Mon Center. Then I began surfing toward the island. I ended up at the Seafoam islands. I thought, holy crap! Articuno!! So mine! And so I ran in, got annoyed by a ton of wild encounters, pushed around some rocks and then surfed up to Articuno's face. I fought it with Gyarados, Thunder Waved it (it's so awesome Gyarados could be tutored that) and then tackled it to red. Threw my lone Ultra Ball at it and caught it. I was already ready to burst into tears had it broke out. I mean, the tears were welling up I tell you. Oh, and on the way out I found an Ultra Ball. o.o Go figure.

Beat up some trainers, got to the island and then Poke'Centered immediately. Ran into the mansion, bumped into a Growlithe, accidentally dropped my Ultra Ball on it and caught it. (So not how it happened but that's how it felt) It was actually more:

-Random Encounter-
Me: ARGH!!! I didn't even MOVE yet. WTF?!?!!?
-A wild Growlithe appears-
Me: O.O!!!
-You used Ultra Ball-
-shake, shake, shake, click-
-Wild Growlithe caught-
Me: And it doesn't even matter now...I ain't training it to 70...
-You used Fake Tears-
Me: It ain't fake, darn you!

So, I got a Growlithe! Yay! Aaand...it was too late. Screw that. I ain't training it unless someone dies. Anyways, ran around the Mansion incredibly annoyed. The encounter rate there felt like I was in a nest of Beedrill. I even considered tossing out Gyarados to the forefront of my team and slapping a Cleanse Tag on her face just to stop fighting random no exp. giving Poke'Mon. So, I found the key int he mansion, ran outside, Poke'Centered and then...cried. As I realized I would need to avoid Tentacool along the water to train my Poke'Mon further. And that I did...albeit painfully.

Once all my Poke'Mon reached Lv.70, I ran into Blaine's Gym, fought the first two trainers, and then ran out. Khiria's rollout missed...then Vulpix Flamethrower burnt me...then rollout missed...then Vulpix confused me...then I switched in Dazzle and killed everything. Needed to Poke'Center bad. So, I did, ran in, and then watched as Khiria wiped the floor with the Gym. Kinda funny image...wiping a floor, with a building. Anyways, I has my 7th badge. And I was happy, for about three seconds before I realized I'd need to train to Lv.80 before I face the Viridian city Gym.

Current Team:

{wigglytuff} Khiria: Female. Met in Route 3 at Lv 5. Quirky nature. Cute Charm. Hp:303. Lv.72. Easy training curve.
Rest, Defense Curl, Double-Edge, Roll Out
Best: Atk-133. Worst: Def-82.

{vaporeon} Dazzle: Male. Met in Celadon City at Lv 25. Lonely nature. Water Absorb. Hp:285. Lv.70. Normal training curve.
Baton Pass, Acid Armor, Aurora Beam, Surf
Best: Sp.Atk-181. Worst: Def-102

{fearow} Robin: Female. Met in Route 22 at Lv 5. Lax nature. Keen Eye. Hp:178. Lv.70. Normal training curve.
Mirror Move, Drill Peck, Fly, Pursuit
Best: Spd-198. Worst: Sp.Def-97

{gyarados} Bubbles: Female. Met in Route 24 at Lv 5. Quirky nature. Intimidate. Hp:225. Lv.70. Tough training curve.
Dragon Dance, Tackle, Strength, Thunder Wave
Best: Atk-221. Worst: Sp.Atk-95

{persian} Momo: Female. Met in Route 8 at Lv 18. Rash nature. Limber. Hp:182. Lv.70. Normal training curve.
Screech, Faint Attack, Fake out, Slash
Best: Spd-221. Worst: Def-98

{raticate} Dale: Male. Met in Route 1 at Lv 5. Quirky nature. Run Away. Hp:167. Lv.70. Normal training curve.
Cut, Substitute, Hyper Fang, Super Fang
Best: Spd-191. Worst: Sp.Atk-99

In Box -Living-

{pidgeotto} Matt: Male. Met in Route 2 at Lv 3. Naughty nature. Keen Eye. Hp:85. Lv.30. Hard training curve.
Sand-Attack, Tackle, Wing Attack, Quick Attack
Best: Spd-60. Worst: Sp.Atk-37

{zubat} Beatrice: Female. Met in Mt.Moon at Lv 9. Docile nature. Inner Focus. Hp:26. Lv.9. Normal training curve.
Leech Life, Astonish
Best: Spd-16. Worst: Sp.Atk-10

{charmeleon} Butch: Male. Met in Pallet Town at Lv 5. Docile nature. Blaze. Hp:82. Lv.30. Hard training curve.
Growl, Smokescreen, Metal Claw, Ember
Best: Spd-66. Worst: Def-47

{mr. mime} MIMIEN: Male. Met in a trade. (Traded with Reyley in Route 2) Timid nature. Sound Proof. Hp:28. Lv.9. Normal training curve.
Barrier, Confusion, Substitute, -
Best: Sp.Def-28. Worst: Atk-12

{butterfree} Belle: Female. Met in Viridian Forest at Lv 5. Relaxed nature. Compound Eyes. Hp:111. Lv.40. Normal training curve.
Flash, Sleep Powder, Psybeam, Gust
Best: Sp.Def-79. Worst: Atk-49

{hitmonchan} Ippo: Male. Met in Saffron City at Lv 25. Calm nature. Keen Eye. Hp:61. Lv.25. Normal training curve.
Agility, Comet Punch, Pursuit, Mach Punch
Best: Sp.Def-72. Worst: Sp.Atk-28

{snorlax} David: Male. Met in Route 12 at Lv 30. Bold nature. Thick Fat. Hp:140. Lv.30. Tough training curve.
Headbutt, Yawn, Rest, Snore
Best: Sp.Def-78. Worst: Spd-27

{tauros} Falo: Male. Met in Safari Zone at Lv 28. Naive nature. Intimidate. Hp:84. Lv.28. Tough training curve.
Horn Attack, Scary Face, Pursuit, Swagger
Best: Spd-81. Worst: Sp.Atk-35

{lapras} Markus: Male. Met in Silph Co. at Lv 25. Careful nature. Water Absorb. Hp:105. Lv.25. Tough training curve.
Mist, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Perish Song
Best: Sp.Def-60. Worst: Spd-35

{articuno} Gessabelle: N/A. Met in Seafoam Islands at Lv 50. Mild nature. Pressure. Hp:163. Lv.50. Tough training curve.
Mist, Agility, Mind Reader, Ice Beam
Best: Sp.Def-137. Worst: Spd-97

{omanyte} Ren: Male. Met in Cinnabar Island at Lv 5. Careful nature. Swift Swim. Hp:20. Lv.5. Normal training curve.
Constrict, Withdraw, -, -
Best: Def-16. Worst: Spd-9

{aerodactyl} Brandon: Male. Met in Cinnabar Island at Lv 5. Naive nature. Pressure. Hp:24. Lv.5. Tough training curve.
Wing Attack, -, -, -
Best: Spd-19. Worst: Sp.Def-10

{growlithe} Ralph: Male. Met in Poke'Mon Mansion at Lv 32. Bashful nature. Intimidate. Hp:85. Lv.32. Tough training curve.
Leer, Odor Sleuth, Take Down, Flame Wheel
Best: Sp.Atk-54. Worst: Def-36

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Im starting to think with everyones lvl's that Im either very good at pokemon, or im not grinding as much as I think i am.... BIG Update comming soon , mark it on your calanders.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

GofD wrote:
Im starting to think with everyones lvl's that Im either very good at pokemon, or im not grinding as much as I think i am.... BIG Update comming soon , mark it on your calanders.

Well, it's very possible to run through the game with just your starter Poke'Mon and nothing else (given the exception of a HM slave. However, my response to the Lv comment is that I'm personally abiding by all the rules and a few more I placed myself, so I'm working with a lot of fear. With that, I created a theme for myself: 10 levels per badge. Lv10 = Brock. Lv20 = Misty. Lv30 = Surge, etc., etc., etc. This was a theme to ensure that the Elite 4 would be very easy. So far, it's ensured that I haven't lost a single Poke'Mon yet.

The most recent time I completed the game was on Pearl at 26 hours. I had a {gardevoir} Lv 45, a {gengar} Lv 40, a {roserade} Lv 38, a {vaporeon} Lv 39, a {mismagius} Lv 41 and a {delcatty} Lv 36. This was of course without the Nuzlocke so, held items, TMs, regular items and all that good stuff was available to me.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright , my last update for quite some time . The tournament starts this Saturday , October 30 , so don't have much time to work on my Nuzlocke .
Gonna work on team strategy and stuff against my friend .. after getting so close to the top 14 [16] for the last 2 years .. really hope I can get in the top 14 now . Instead of ranting on bout my sad life , lets get on the update shall we ?

So anyway , if you do not know , I recently restarted the challenge to play it the fair way and get in the true challenge of Nuzlocke.

Update :

Generally , did all the this and that on my last challenge , and have passed the part where ends the main story . Which is the part where .. Palkia gets caught . He is a FREAKING LUCKY CATCH !

Recap on the Palkia encounter :

Wild Palkia appeared !
" Go ! Rampald ! "
- Insert Battle Scenes Here -
Me : I only have ONE Ultra Ball , lets try to use a Pokeball , to weaken it , so the UB gets a higher chance .
" Go ! Pokeball ! "
- Insert Shaking Pokeball - ; Crossing fingers for a lucky catch .
Congratulations ! Wild Palkia has been captured !
Me : HOLY !@$%#@$^&%*(&*_*^(_%^&^@^%@$!^$^$%^#$%@#$%^@#%@@#!@#$%^&*

So yeah , basically was hella lucky with that single Pokeball there . Just saved the game after the catch .
Oh and by the way , bout Candice .. she got sweeped with just Rald , despite the type advantage . Seriously .
Zenn Headbutt is gonna be my new fav move from now on . And Rampardos , his my "Wigglytuff" , Kaori :D

Team as of last Saved Location [ Spear Pillar ] :
{rampardos} Rampald / Level 82 ; Mold Breaker
Rock Smash , Zenn Headbutt , Avalanche , Head Smash

{infernape} Goukazaru / Level 80 ; Blaze
Rock Climb , Mach Punch , Flamethrower , Flare Blitz

{drapion} Dorapion / Level 78 ; Battle Armour
Cut , Toxic Spikes , Crunch , Cross Poison

{abomasnow} Yuukino / Level 76 ; Snow Warning
Strength , Ice Shard , Blizzard , Wood Hammer

{gyarados} Viorenze / Level 75 ; Intimidate
Dragon Dance , Aqua Tail , Surf , Hyper Beam

{staraptor} Mukuhawk / Level 73 ; Intimidate
Quick Attack , Aerial Ace , Close Combat , Brave Bird

Gonna grind the 70s to the early 80s and probably get my Rampald to 85 :]

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

zpirated when did you start the challange?

all of a sudden you showed up at level 70's.....

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:

all of a sudden you showed up at level 70's.....

He jumped in and out of games...

current party in HG:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:

I started around the same time Kaori did . But restarted because I traded outside cos I didn't really grasp the rules .

While Kaori was busy mew sharing , I was busy racing up back to where I left off.

B-Mac wrote:

What do'ya mean by that? >.>

Last edited by zPIRATED on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Nearing the Elite 4 now , probably gonna finish it before I leave the house for the tournament ..

Edit :

Just to post the custom rules I use to avoid any confusion or anything , if there happens to be one..

1) Each Pokecenter can only be used ONCE . [ Until I get that place's Badge ]
2) TMs found and accquired from Gyms can be used
3) Each Pokemart only allows me to buy 5 Pokeballs

If I fail the challenge @ the Elite 4 , I WILL RESTART IT . Otherwise , retrain things that are in my box . Because I honestly don't know anything or what Pokemon I'm gonna face in the Elite 4 cos like I said , its my first Sinnoh game ...

So wish me luck and Elite 4 , here I come !

Thanks KingErick for pointing the PP lost part , so others wont be confused about it :]

Last edited by zPIRATED on Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Update: Barely beat Misty, with the sacrifice of Sandstorm the {sandshrew}. Oh, did I say FR way near the beginning? I was saying the wrong game. It's LG that I'm started again in. I transferred all my good Pokemon into Diamond.
{charmeleon} Fire Lv. 32
Scratch
Smokescreen
Ember
Metal Claw
{pidgeotto} Sandie Lv. 27
Tackle
Quick Attack
Whirlwind
Wing Attack
{butterfree} Flutter Lv. 25
Confusion
String Shot
Stun Spore
Poisonpowder
{nidorina} Needle Lv. 24
Bite
Tail Whip
Poison Sting
Double Kick
{golbat} Zubie Lv. 26
Astonish
Bite
Supersonic
Wing Attack
{weepinbell} Belle Lv. 24 (Caught as a Bellsprout)
Acid
Vine Whip
Sleep Powder
Growth

DEAD
{spearow} Spear Lv. 3
Peck
Growl
{rattata} Violet Lv. 17
Tackle
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang
{sandshrew} Sandstorm Lv. 20
Scratch
Defense Curl
Sand-Attack
Poison Sting
(R.I.P. Spear, Violet, and Sandstorm)

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I am currently working on the Elite 4.. gonna record it for those who think I'm lying bout my Pokes and stuff .

Gonna start a new challenge when my Plantinum gets in and start a Youtube channel to record my journeys so everyone can stop thinking I hack or lie or whatevs your thinking..

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

zPIRATED wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

What do'ya mean by that? >.>

I thought you went to your leaf green and jumped back to the other game. I might be getting some challengers mixed up.

current party in HG:

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh yeah , but I didn't do it in the end cos I lost it >>

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I am gonna post in colored text to tell which game I'll be updating, Yellow for HG and Green for LG.

I decided to do the challenge for my HG after beating the elite four for the first time, I am doing this to motivate myself to level my pokes up to higher levels so I can face red and put up a good fight.
-I will follow all the same rules I do for my leafgreen, with the same five additions also:
Quote:
1) one item on one pokemon per day (TM's and HM's count; revives are for pansies, and so are rare candies and drugs!)
2) can only buy one item per day (no repels or revives)
3) can catch multiple pokemon per route; but say if I catch clefairy; I can't catch another one as a back-up, EVER!
4) no soft-starts
5) dead pokemon can be used as HM slave, but cannot battle (if all others faint/ GAME OVER)

I won't have nicknames, except for my arcanine which is named watkin.

I will follow this to challenge the elite four (in both first and second encounter mode) and everyone and thing in both johto and kanto (even gym leader rematches).
-I am currently moving through the elite four for my second time, I am going to face bruno and I have two kanto badges (surge and sabrina).
Pokes:

{feraligatr}(timid) @ Lv. 49 (stats will be next update)
Movepool: waterfall, ice fang, crunch, screech

watkin {arcanine} (relaxed) @ Lv. 48 w/ charcoal
Movepool: flamethrower, dig, crunch, extremespeed

{ampharos}(timid) @ Lv. 47
Movepool: charge, discharge, signal beam, focus blast

{pupitar}(bold) @ Lv. 47
Movepool: crunch, rock slide, earthquake, thrash

{espeon}(docile) @ Lv. 47 w/ silk scarf
Movepool: psybeam, swift, return, shadow ball

{mamoswine}(calm) @ Lv. 46 w/ nevermeltice
Movepool: avalanche, earthquake, stealth rock, strength

Summary:
For strategy battles (Battle frontier, mainly) I will start with mamoswine to set up stealth rock. Mamoswine is also useful because when it takes a hit he can drop a 200+BP/STAB avalanche on their butt and probably OHKO them. I did it to two of lance's dragonites while it was only Lv. 41. Arcanine takes the role of cheap killer when the opponent is in the red by hitting them with an extremespeed. Ampharos has charge to drop a 240 BP discharge on anything in its path, I OHKO'd lance's gyarados (w/o charge) and his aerodactyl that way. Pupitar when she evolves will be my super hard hitter, but that's a future plan. I already have one move of a possible 20 that I would like it to have when it evolves. espeon is my base coverer; using psybeam to knock down fighters and some other types, shadow ball to hit psychics and ghost/dark pokes, and swift and 70 BP return to cover the bases. Feraligatr is as of now my steamroller, he can drop a 120 BP waterfall on pokes and his extra high attack (EV's and base 31 attack IV counteracting the x.09 growth rate) also helps with extra damage. He knows Ice fang to combat grass types and crunch+screech for filler right now.

current party in HG:

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 27  Next