It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Reality's Fantasy (Looking for more advanced players) 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A gout of blue flame knocked the Weezing back; it bought Kabu some time. He got to his feet, still a little unsteady; Tivi rushed up next to him, ready to defend his friend.

I looked around. Volkner was free, and so were the other Gym Leaders. This mission was a disaster. Worse, this fire was probably going to bring the building down, eliminating everyone inside. I made another decision.

"Cassie! Get everyone out!! This building's coming down soon, and we can't lose all these Gym Leaders!" I turned back to the battle. Proton had a cut over his eye from falling debris; he was cackling maniacally. I realized that he would stay here until he either won or died; if I wanted to escape, I'd have to make sure it was the latter choice.

"Kabu!! Use Blizzard!!" A snowstorm streamed from Kabu; where it met the flames, it instantly turned to water. This made contact with the Houndoom, who promptly fainted from the stress of the battle and the water. That left only the Weezing. "Tivi, Low Kick!!" Weezing was still on the ground, struggling from Anomander's attack. Tivi punted the purple ball, who flew into Proton, trapping him underneath a massive weight.

The building creaked. The sudden cold had made the building's joints brittle. There was minutes left. I walked over to Proton, determined to get some information out of him. He coughed weakly, blood coming out of his mouth. "Ha.. You have bested me, Axel. But to no avail. You will all die here, with me. And Project Icarus will terminate this pathetic world..." Proton expired, his lungs crushed beneath his Weezing. I quickly healed the Houndoom and the Weezing; both ran out of the room, probably towards their freedom. I made my way towards the exit as well, knowing that we had only gotten one of the Execs...

Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
Cassie held out her Pokeball, swiftly recalling Garchomp and Anomander and releasing Latias, the Leaders gathering around hurriedly as Cassie grabbed Volkner's hand, pulling him onto Latias' back as the Eon Pokemon began to glow white, Winona's Xatu helping her to boost the power of the Teleport. "Axel, hurry up, get out!" she shouted as the room began to blur around them. "We'll meet you back at our base!"

There was a jerk, and then they were stumbling, feet hitting solid stone as they reappeared in the caves, Latias looking rather pale and tired. "It's okay girl, I got you, you're okay, we're safe now." Cassie spoke softly, catching the Eon Pokemon as she sat down on the floor. "Winona, can you get your Xatu to send Eric a message? Let him know we're back here. Everyone's okay, but Volkner's a bit dazed and has a lovely black eye, Steven's out cold, and Latias is exhausted."

The Fortree Leader nodded as the Xatu disappeared with a pop-- without further comment, Lance and Flannery moved to stand guard while Cassie let out her Swampert, the large Pokemon splashing the "casualties" of the mission with some cold water to wake them up.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What is Project Icarus?? was the only thought in my head while I made my escape, my Pokemon running or floating beside me. A project with Imprinting?? And Giovanni was now a candidate?? I had a feeling that a lot of this was coming to a head - and I was going to see it through.

We ran past the Tactical Room, and made it back to the hole in the roof. I put Kabu and Tivi back in their balls, then hung onto Latios as he rocketed out of the building. We came out of the hole, and into bright daylight. Below, the building looked burned and warped. We flew off, and the building began a slow, tortuous collapse, erasing any evidence that the Order had just committed an assassination.

Latios, you heard Cassie. Let's get back to the caves. Don't worry, Axel; I got this. With a pop, we landed back in the caves. I took the piece of paper from my pocket, and was about to give it to Steven, when I collapsed from sheer exhaustion.
((don't worry, he's just resting. also, should we GM Eric back to the caves?? or just wait on S_E to show up??))

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Swampert stuck out a big paw and caught Axel as he collapsed, gently placing him next to the others before spraying some water over Latios to cool him off. Cassie sat back with a tired groan, letting out Anomander, Garchomp and Lucario to stretch and relax, ruffling Volkner's hair gently as the Electric leader stirred a little, Luxray licking him back to consciousness.

"You must think I'm awfully useless, constantly being captured like this." he chuckled, touching the bruised cheek gingerly.

"Not your fault. They knew we were coming. We'll have to be more careful in future." Cassie tucked the paper into Axel's pocket for safekeeping, splashing a little of Swampert's water onto her face.

((Dunno, your call. We seem to have a good pace going though.))

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((yeah, he's not on very often, so... GM TIME!!! and since my character's passed out, it's gonna be a bit more than average))

Suddenly, Eric and his group stumbled back in. "Holy... crap," he panted. "That... crowd went nuts. Also, there was... some mention.. about a Project Icarus?? Can.. someone explain that to me??" He looked around in bewilderment. "Wow, what... happened to you guys?? Looks like the bomb... exploded in your faces." Eric walked over to Swampert, politely getting a drink of water.

Steven, now revived, came over to Eric. "It may as well have. They knew we were coming. The Rockets set a trap, and everyone except for Axel and Cassie was captured. Plus, we only managed to kill Proton. And we don't know all the details about Project Icarus either. All we know is that the Rockets have a soldier who's Imprinted, and Giovanni might soon." He shrugged. "Doesn't really change anything, except for the fact that we need to step up our time tables, I think."

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"You feeling okay there, Steven?" Cassie inquired, raising an eyebrow at the bruise blooming on the side of his face.

The Champion smiled wryly in answer. "Took a hard knock, but I'll be fine. Aggron hits harder."

"I'll bet he does." the young woman replied with a chuckle, looking at Eric. "We also thwarted their Zapdos-summoning plans for a second time... We'll need to take out the other Rocket admins quickly, before word can spread and they counter our teams."

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Vaguely, I heard Cassie's voice.

"..and they counter our teams." I woke up, feeling groggy. I realized that Skipper, Cassie's Swampert, had laid me down and was taking care of Latios. I smiled at the large Water type. "Thanks, man."

I walked over to where Eric, Cassie, and Steven were talking. Blue followed me over. "Eric, Blue, you guys need to see this." I pulled out the printed copy of the message to Proton. They read it silently. Blue went pale. "What?! Giovanni Imprinting would be disastrous. We have to stop that. And who the hell is 'Agent Daedalus'?"

I shrugged. "Maybe it's just a reference to 'Project Icarus'? Either way, we'll probably find out soon enough." I looked at Cassie. "I heard your last comment as I woke up, and I totally agree. But, we don't know where they went; Latios and Latias were both with us, and Gallade was with Eric. We don't have a way of knowing where they went."

Steven spoke up. "Actually, if we can get to Washington D.C., we can probably find all of them - and Giovanni, too." It made sense; despite all the changes to happen to our world, Americ was still run from the Capitol. I nodded. "It makes sense, but there could be other possibilities- any other ideas?"

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Actually, if we have any computer display monitors, I can get Rotom to display some of the data he stole. He made copies of all the data he managed to slice out of that computer." Cassie grinned and patted the Pokeball at her belt as Swampert nudged her and nuzzled against her side gently.

"I think Giovanni will be found in the capital, but the other executives-- Petrel, Athena, and Archer-- will probably be spread out in major cities like Chicago and New York..."

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I grinned. "Well, then the first order of business: get to a computer. Probably a nearby Internet Cafe or something." I thought about Cassie's other observation. "You're probably right, but we can't assault all those cities unless absolutely necessary. I think we should get Rotom's data, then figure out where we're going afterwards."

I yawned. "Geez, I guess my nap wasn't enough. Maybe we should all get some rest, then go find a computer tomorrow. At least, that's what I'm going to do." I walked away, to a side cave, and fell asleep. Latios came and joined me later.

((we can just put in a, "the next morning.." type dealie))

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:23 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Indeed. Lance, Flannery, we can probably leave our Pokemon on guard. My Frossy and Lucario can handle the night shift now and rest during the day."

Cassie let out her Pokemon, curling up next to the flank of her Charizard and closing her eyes.

~Next morning~

Cassie was up early, recalling her two Pokemon, doing some stretches and sword exercises as she waited for the others to wake.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I woke up with a start, sweat standing out on my brow. What a horrible nightmare... I had dreamed that instead of dying, Proton had grabbed onto my ankle, forcing me to stay in the building while it burned and collapsed all around me. He had been cackling evilly while I tried to scramble away, anything to survive... And every time the building collapsed, the dream started over again. And again. And again...

I shivered, then rose. Latios woke, and stretched. What's for breakfast?? I'm hungry.... I laughed. "Come on, buddy, let's go and find out." We went out into the main cave, where Cassie was already up and doing her morning exercises.

"Morning, Cassie. Ready to go and find out what Rotom knows??" I grinned, then found some Pokemon food for Latios. He gobbled it down, then floated towards his sister.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Ready when you are." Cassie smiled as Lucario came over with her bag-- the trainer released her Pokemon into the crisp morning air as she doled out breakfast, giving Latias an extra portion for her exertions the day before, before digging into their "Human food" supplies and handing Axel some bread, cheese, ham and fruit for breakfast, taking her own portion and settling down, stroking Volkner's Luxray as the feline Pokemon wandered up to her with a purr of greeting.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Thanks, Cassie." I made myself a small sandwich, then munched contentedly, breathing in the morning air. Letting out my team, I gave them each a share of water and food. I finished my meal, then left my Pokemon to relax and play.

"Well, we should get going; it'll only be a matter of time before the locals hear about the Rocket base, so we shouldn't waste any time." I stood up and headed towards the cave entrance. Latios shimmered into invisibility, then followed after.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Suicune ran up beside Cassie, nudging her-- the woman chuckled as she climbed onto his back, letting Entei out to stretch and relax under the watchful eye of Skipper, who could take down the Legendary Fire type if needed. Latias floated up alongside, camouflaging the woman and the Water type as Cassie spoke. "Do you know where we're going? 'Cause I sure don't."

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I shrugged. "According to Blue, there's a town about two miles northeast of here. It should have an internet cafe or wifi club which we can use. But if that doesn't work, I don't know what we'll do." I kicked at a small rock as we walked. "Well, this trip has certainly been.... educational. I never once imagined rescuing Gym Leaders, or recovering information when we first started out. Back then, it had just been about... vengeance. Mostly for my parents; some for myself." I didn't know why I was telling Cassie all this; but I hadn't really talked about it with anyone, and now seemed as good a time as any.

((filler convo while we see if S_E ever shows up, lol))

Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Your parents?" Cassie tilted her head as she walked along, Suicune popping out from his ball to stretch his long legs happily. "I wanted in so I could put things right... Certainly never saw myself working with Pokemon like this lad here." She chuckled, scratching along Suicune's neck gently.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I nodded solemnly. "Yeah, my parents were both killed by the Rockets when I was 13. I wasn't even there." I suddenly realized that I had never told Eric or Cassie about my personal history. The simple fact that the three of us had been on the same team, the same mission, for so long, and didn't know much about each other was shocking. All I knew was that Cassie's Anomander had been attacked by Rockets; but I didn't know anything about her family, where she came from....

Latios came up and nuzzled my cheek. I laughed. "And, I'd definitely agree that getting to travel with you guys, and these fantastic creatures is the best part of it all. Hopefully the fun will continue when all of this is done." We kept walking.

After a while, I spoke up. "So, how did you meet such characters as Rotom and Skipper?? They're definitely not your ordinary pokemon." I grinned, then looked at Cassie expectantly.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cassie chuckled as she stroked Suicune's neck, the big Legendary leaning into the petting happily.

"My parents were breeders before the Pokemon came along... They bred show dogs, and horses. When the Pokemon came, the changeover was quite natural. Skip was the firstborn egg of my father's Swampert and I believe an outside male-- he was given to me as a child, and Lucario was likewise an egg of my mother's Lucario. Garchomp, I met as a Gible that was stealing food from the Growlithes we were raising... Frossy was a Snorunt that I rescued from pissed off Medicham... and Rotom I met on my last "sabotage" mission, he decided to pop out and scare me, but he looked so cheerful when he had company that I couldn't just leave him there."

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Sorry for my absence. Can someone catch me up?
EDIT: all caught up now. Thanks LM))

I stumbled into Axel and Cassie's conversation. "My parents made computer systems for spacecraft until they were killed by Rockets when I was eight or nine. They taught me a basic knowledge of computers and aerospace engineering. It sounds like a lot, but it wasn't enough. I literally raised myself. I did get around though. I've been to Canada, Eastern Europe, and the Silicon Valley, of which is still going strong because of the need for Rocket computer chips. I learned a lot in that trip. I also lived most of my life on the Space Coast of Florida. I still have some ties there, if you know what I mean."

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cassie spun, Suicune's mane bristling, before she relaxed upon recognizing Eric. "Good morning."

"Hmmm... Space Coast, huh? Well, I somehow have a feeling we'll find strong Galactic links down there... Your knowledge could come in handy if we need to go down there."

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This new information was encouraging. "I even heard Galactic and Rocket may have some sort of joint space mission soon. If that's true, your knowledge of the area would be very useful, Eric."

We got to the edge of the town, and walked in. It was small; probably around 2,000 people. One small school, grades K-12; a small police/fire station; and, to our luck, an Internet cafe. I walked up to the door, saw it was open, and went inside.

It was a small place; five computers, and some small tables with room for those lucky enough to still have laptops. I paid for an hour at the counter, then sat down next to Cassie and Eric at one of the computers. "Alright, then; let's see what Rotom knows," I whispered. I looked out the window, watching the small town go about its day. Latios settled down in my lap, invisible.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:23 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cassie withdrew her Pokeball from her belt and quietly touched it to the computer screen-- it glowed softly for a moment, then the indicator light on it went off, telling them that Rotom had left his Pokeball and entered the computer. The three didn't have long to wait-- there was a little beep, and information began to flash up on screen.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((sorry for the minor godmod here))
I scanned through, looking for anything that might tell us the whereabouts of the surviving Execs. A message popped up on the screen.

Information reveals ten possible sites:
New Orleans, Louisiana
Washington, D.C.
Deer Lodge, Montana
Sacramento, California
Moon Base
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Phoenix, Arizona
Chicago, Illinois
Annapolis, Maryland
Jacksonville, Florida

I nodded. It seemed to make sense, although our team had put the Deer Lodge base out of commission before fleeing the original Caves site. I was reading through it a second time, when I noticed, "Moon Base." I was shocked. The Rockets have a base on the Moon?? It couldn't be Moon, Oklahoma or something?? I typed a query into the computer, which was promptly answered by Cassie's Rotom.

Define: Moon Base
Moon Base: Base on the Moon
Query: Moon refers to the satellite of Earth??
Return: Affirmative.

If the Rockets were on the Moon, it would only mean that there was something big going on. I looked at Cassie. "That Moon Base looks awfully suspicious... Could Rotom have made a mistake??" I fervently hoped he had, but still doubted that.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cassie spoke almost without moving her lips, trying not to draw attention. "Buddy, you sure about the moon?"

A few seconds, then words flashed up on the screen. "Yes. This is original data that I sliced from the computer yesterday. Did I do wrong?"

"No, no, you did just fine. Stand by." she reassured, turning to Axel and Eric with worry in her eyes. "They're collaborating with Galactic more than I thought... Something big is most definitely going down."

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:29 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Well, I could have told you that from the start. I've got sort of a story about that."
---------------------------------
Flashback:To when I was 8 years old. Cape Canaveral, Florida.
I was hacking the Space Center mainframe, when I caught an astonishing sight on the security feed. It was a video of my parents being taken off the compound by a Galactic Squadron. I took my tranquilizer, and jumped out into the battlefield. I sneaked behind the Galactics, and KO'd two of them. Then, another one jumped behind me, and bashed me in the back of the head. I fell to the ground, and soaked in a puddle of my own blood while Grunts stepped over me. That was the day that I'd lost my parents. They were presumed dead the next day on the TV.
---------------------------------
"And that's how I knew. I still have my pass, and there will most likely be a convoy going up there soon. If we sneak aboard, we can make it there. There should also be supplies, such as food, raw materials, military equipment, and industrial lasers. I can modify them into weapons, if needed."

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next