It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Overrated Pokémon 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I agree with frost on that one - I have a Torterra that has survived many ice fangs and still came out on top in battle. Gyrados is overrated because granted he is powerful and can learn blizzard, fire blast, thunder and whatever powerful water move you decide to teach it (or even earthquake), there is no other water pokemon that I have came across at least that can be a special attack beast like that, yet most every one that I know of that prefers water pokemon has one.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Any of the "cute" pokemon. They aren't all that great. They can be easily beaten, and they aren't all that "cute".

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Seriously, those young kids who watch the anime and love Pokemon.. you cant blame'em.
Think of what Ash says all the time. PIKACHU GO ! PIKACHU ! GOOD JOB PIKACHU ! ...
Every episode , its all about {pikachu} {pikachu} {pikachu} {pikachu} {pikachu} {pikachu}
If you ever find an Episode where Ash doesn't go all "PIKACHUUUU!!!!" , Pokemon probably got bought over..

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

You say Tyranitar was never hyped by nintendo, it had a movie where it was caught by a dark ball and leveled an area... suicune had to beat it. Anywho, pikachu is so popular because the creators saw green when they were painting it yellow lol.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, one of the most overrated Pokemon IMO was Pikachu, like most people here. I think it was a decent one, but overshadowed by other OU.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{gyarados} {charizard} {dragonite} are some of the ones i think are overated

Last edited by zPIRATED on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:44 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

zPIRATED wrote:
{gyarados} {dragonite} are some of the ones i think are overated

I know this thread is a matter of opinion, but you named two of the most popular OU pokemon that there are haha... personally I think Gyarados is amazing on the right team, and dragonite has its moments.

I think the one true overrated pokemon is {charizard}, as much as I (like most everyone who was a fan of the anime/movies aka everyone 12 and under :( ) adore this guy, he really isn't that competitive online. Sure he has some good moves and like most regional starters he isn't terrible but none the less for how much he is viewed as the most powerful kanto pokemon he sure doesn't mimic that in the games. I think he could be helped if he was a Dragon/Fire type and had just a tad better base stats. Then he would be in the OU tier for sure.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Classic K wrote:
I think he could be helped if he was a Dragon/Fire type and had just a tad better base stats. Then he would be in the OU tier for sure.

You mean how {gyarados} should've been a WATER/DRAGON with LEVITATE rather than WATER/FLYING?

I agree with zPIRATED that {gyarados} and {charizard} are overrated. They're popular and awesome, I agree. Gyarados was one of my most favourite Poke'Mon for three whole generations. But, they're still overrated. Charizard's an awesome Poke'Mon. He looks awesome, is an awesome type and was the only one of Ash's Poke'Mon in the anime who actually got to its final evolution (through the need to fly, much like Salamence).

Another I think is overrated is {lucario}. Sure, he's a good type combo and can work either Atk or Sp.Atk, but far too overrated. I mean, he replaced {mewtwo} in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Which, frankly, he can't compare.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm pretty sure {chimchar} is a {infernape} now .

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:45 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Kaori Sakura wrote:
He looks awesome, is an awesome type and was the only one of Ash's Poke'Mon in the anime who actually got to its final evolution (through the need to fly, much like Salamence).

Uh... Charizard wasn't even Ash's first Pokemon to reach its final stage, much less his ONLY. Butterfree, Pidgeot, Primeape, Kingler, Muk, Noctowl, Donphan, Sceptile, Swellow, Glalie, Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor and Gliscor are all fully evolved Pokemon that Ash has captured and/or evolved himself. And that's not even including powerhouses that he owns that don't evolve like Tauros, Snorlax, Lapras, Heracross and Torkoal.

Also, as a general statement, Pikachu is so not overrated and people need to stop saying it is. The only people who care about Pikachu are the little kiddies. There are very few Pokemon who could fill Pikachu's role as the face of the franchise and do it as well as he does it.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Now that I think bout it , {butterfree} 's the first right?

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
Uh... Charizard wasn't even Ash's first Pokemon to reach its final stage, much less his ONLY. Butterfree, Pidgeot, Primeape, Kingler, Muk, Noctowl, Donphan, Sceptile, Swellow, Glalie, Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor and Gliscor are all fully evolved Pokemon that Ash has captured and/or evolved himself. And that's not even including powerhouses that he owns that don't evolve like Tauros, Snorlax, Lapras, Heracross and Torkoal.

Oh ho!! You got me there! If I recall correctly, Charmander reached it's final stage before Pidgeotto.

As a personal opinion however, I never counted Butterfree as reaching it's final evolution through Ash as it happened along a course of nature rather than experience or Trainer intervention. Also, I don't count any Poke'Mon Ash has that he caught at the final evolutionary stage. And just for my own sanity Krabby evolved?! o.O I...so don't recall that. And yet...I think I remember very vaguely that Ash used a Kingler at the Poke'Mon league in Kanto.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:24 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ash used Krabby as his first pokemon in his first League battle, again Mandy. After it deafeated his Exeggutor, it evolved into Kingler, and proceeded to sweep Mandi's Seadra and Golbat. And then Ash Oaked it again and it hasn't done anything notable since.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Seriously , is it me or what .

I find Ash totally changed after his Kanto / Johto series'. I mean look at him now. He doesn't show his Pokemon as much care and concern like he did last time to his original team.And whenever he gets a badass Pokemon,they all end up going away for some stuff.

Lets look at them this way.

{butterfree} - Released for mating
{primeape} - Just when they started understanding each other , he left for some training thing and has never been shown since.
{charizard} - Left to get stronger when its already badass in my opinion XD
{pidgeot} - Oh really Ash ? Get it back ONE DAY ? Its been several seasons , and each ending with a trip back to Kanto, and you have NEVER bothered to pick it back up?..seriously?
{lapras} - Released back to her mother.

Have I missed anything? Do note I picked those that were actually in his team and have battled alongside him.

Lately, Ash isn't just himself now.I prefer the original Ash,his just much more of a caring and thoughful trainer then he is now.And I've also realised he has stopped releasing stuff now. And I cant help to forsake the fact that whenever his Pokemon first evolves,their all so badass and stuff but are never shown after since.

{kingler} - Swept 3 Pokemon , technically , 1 as a Krabby and 2 as a Kingler in the League.
{donphan} - Did you see his Phanpy evolve? It kicked butt but in the League , it got owned without even managing to inflict a single move of damage.

All in all , Pokemon has changed in the course and so has Ash... anyone else prefers the old Pokemon ?

You know .. Ash.. Misty .. Brock .. Togepi(?) .

Okay , kinda off topic now... sorry if this isnt really where it should be but..

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

overrated I have 3 I can think of
Gen 1
Dugtrio it may be the epitome of a sweeper but it has too little hp to even get an attack off most of the time
dishonorable mention Aerodactyl
2nd gen
Tyranitar i know t-tar is overrated it has 6 weaknesses and is fairly slow so it will be hit hard especially by fighting attacks
no dishonorable mention
3rd gen
as much as I hate to admit it Sableye is overrated It just has a surprising lack of everything stat wise
Dishonorable mention shedinja it cant be used in hail or a sandstom burn and poison kill it and so do it's 5 weaknesses
4th gen
Honchkrow I think this pokemon is a DOWNGRADE from murkrow because it is slower has barely any more defense and just a horrible movepool to top it all off
Dishonorable mention I hate to say this but Alakazam is a 1 trick sweeping pony it just cant take any hits and with a nerfed movepool it is not very practical
5th gen
Scoliopede
Due to having a Some what usefully defensive pre-evo in hoiiga (I refuse to call it a whirlpede) I think scoliopede is overrated. granted scoliopede is very offensively oriented
dishonorable mention Emboar and Heatmor They both lack defense, special defense and speed and that is a really bad combinaiton.
that is My opinion gen by gen

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Classic K wrote:
You say Tyranitar was never hyped by nintendo, it had a movie where it was caught by a dark ball and leveled an area... suicune had to beat it. Anywho, pikachu is so popular because the creators saw green when they were painting it yellow lol.

All I have to say here is that NO. Tyranitar was one of the pokemon caught by the man with a dark ball making it evil, but it was Celebi he caught with it, turned it into a giant forest monster and leveled half the forest. Then Suicune came through and got grabbed by the big scary thing, not really destroying it at all but Ash and Sam made Celebi regain it's memory and the big nest thing around it crumbled and then Suicune purified the water but Celebi wouldn't revive until Ash cried all over Celebi and a big portal in the sky opened and a bunch of Celebi saved the wrinkly little "Celebi" making it cute again.

That was completely off topic on over rated pokemon, but I've seen that movie so many times because it's the only Pokemon thing OnDemand.

ANYWAYS, I think Pikachu is over rated. The only thing Pikachu is really good for is Thunder, other than that I think it's a random choice for a Pokemon poster child. If I was Ash, I would've rather had one of the 3 starters following me around, which I guess would be Bulbasaur.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:16 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Guys, The most overrated pokemon by far is probably Eevee. Eevee - Everyone has one in the games, they breed 20 BOXES full of these weak little fox things that can't even battle, Everyone has one as their pokesona.. What the heck?!
How do people even fall for Eevee?
Another highly over rated pokemon - Pikachu. 'Nuff said.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Flame sheild activated again for all of them. as an addendum to my prior post I'll throw in a braivery because its stats are may have high attack not great for being a sweeper, it has a hard time tanking it does cover well but i'd rather use a fearow over a braivery
Victini: Awful typing stats are not bad but hard to figur out. and a lack of a good type covering moveset.
I just cant get past the 6 weaknesses sorry
Emboar. For pete sake everybody, it has high hp but laks speed and defense they type combo is very mediocre It has no real good use at all in my opinion if you want a fire fighing use blaziken or infernape.
I may be back for more if i find more that i think are overrated

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:10 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Pikachu is so NOT overrated.

Think about it. Everyone over the age of, oh, six hates Pikachu for being "overrated." If that many people hate something for being "overrated," it really isn't. And like I said before, there are very few Pokemon that could fill Pikachu's role as the series mascot as well as it does, especially in terms of appealing to BOTH genders equally.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pikachu is overrated.
Another overated thing is (in competative battling) Ferrothorn. It doesnt even get rapid spin, but its pre-evo's animation is it spinning endlessly? Come on.
Also Charizard. Its only good moves are flamethrower and air slash. Although some people like it for the RBY memories...

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't think most people know or realize that Pikachu became the mascot of the franchise BECAUSE players liked it so much.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ya like me when I was 8 or 9 years old my pikachu TCG card was way cooler than my mew (as you can see I did not play the card game I just liked the cards) cuz when did you see mew in the anime like once in the intro but pikachu was in the whole show and he wuped every last other poke out there I thought he was so cool now I have other favs but pikachu is the one that got me into pokemon so as you can see I got no hate for pikachu.

now just look at charizard gyarados salamence lucario garchomp all of these pokemon
they all are overrated to me.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Most Overrated: {charizard} {pikachu} {alakazam} {machamp} {mew} {heracross} {sceptile} {rayquaza} {groudon} {regigigas} {garchomp} {phione}

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:50 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

All the legendaries post Gen-3 are Overrated in my opinion. The only one that deserves the praise is {giratina}.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Some overrated pokes: {charizard} {pikachu} {clefable} {pichu} {tyranitar} {rayquaza} {bidoof}

Even though I like Charizard, it is a bit overrated with everyone. Pikachu is shown WAY too much in all the games, tv show, etc (even though it is the main mascot, but still). Clefable needs no explanation. Pichu does absolutly nothing but be annoying in the games and shows, and its pretty much one of the billion Pikachu advertisement projects. Tyranitar is used WAY TOO MUCH in battling, as you have about 1/4 chance of seeing one in-battle. Rayquaza is similar with Charizard, since several older boys like it.
But Bidoof is overated in a BAD way, as everyone hates it for its weird looks and such. I honestly have nothing against it, and I actually LIKE it since its kinda cool in a way.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next