It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
 Personal Trainer's Thread [Gen 1 - Gen 6] 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

zPIRATED wrote:
@hattqv

I still cant stop laughing [ not literally ] at how Arian's first team seem more ownage then that of Sophia XD

im tryin my best, i'll move the league in Sinnoh Region then so more pokemon to choose from

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:10 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Infernape77 wrote:
{alakazam} Synchronize
@TwistedSpoon
-Psychic
-Kinesis
-Psycho Cut
-Recover

Psycho Cut is wasted on Alakazam, as it's a physical attack, not to mention Alakazam already has Psychic. Something like Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, etc. would be a much better choice to cover a different type and still play off of Alakazam's high Sp.Atk. The most common combo I think is Psychic for STAB and Signal Beam, to defend against Dark types.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:45 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

zPIRATED wrote:
Hell making movepools are fun :D anyone needs one feel free to post a team here.

all u masters make me feel stupid >< i worship u ><

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gym 7
--------------------------------------------------
Name : Aaron
Bio : Aaron is a heavy Steel/Rock Type user and is one of the strongest Leaders in Ankh. Despite having a huge variety of weaknesses , his Pokemon are trained to counter most weakness like Fire . He holds back on the trainers who have come for the badge but goes all-out on those that have come back after beating the league. He is hecka a lazy Leader and only challenges those who he thinks will give him a good battle. To Judge this , he has renovated his Gym with a hell load of trainers and trap doors that shut behind you or bring you right back to the first floor. The moment you enter the Gym , you cant go back out until you defeat him. This makes him sure to know that you managed to beat all the trainers without healing your Pokemon as in order to enter, you have to surrender your bag to the guy guarding the Gym outside. If you fail to beat every single trainer , you can not return to challenge him again until a week later which makes most trainers stuck. His killing-ace is his Aggron. But you are only able to challenge its power on a rematch. Aaron is the student of Hoenn Champion , Steven.
Trainers :
Hiker Albert

{graveler} Level 35
Mud Sport , Rollout , Rock Slide , Explosion
Mad Scientist Einstein

{onix} Level 35
Bind , Rock Slide , Slam , Earthquake

{steelix} Level 40
Sandstorm , Earthquake , Fire Fang , Dragonbreath
Lassy Eve

{scizor} Level 42
Metal Claw , X-Scizzor , Agility , Hyper Beam
Hiker Kel [ He is the 2nd LAST Trainer , who WILL GIVE YOU HELL , if you fail to take him down in 1 blow ]

{geodude} Level 50
Explosion

{geodude} Level 40
Explosion

{geodude} Level 40
Explosion

{geodude} Level 40
Explosion

{geodude} Level 40
Explosion

{geodude} Level 40
Explosion
Mad Scientist Roger [ Take his Pokemon down with 1 Strike , or DIE ]

{geodude} Level 40
Explosion

{geodude} Level 40
Explosion

{geodude} Level 40
Explosion

{graveler} Level 40
Explosion

{graveler} Level 40
Explosion

{golem} Level 45
Explosion
Gym Leader
Gym Leader Aaron

{graveler} Level 45
Stealth Rock , Explosion

{graveler} Level 45
Stealth Rock , Explosion

{skarmory} Level 50
Spikes , Sword Dance , Flash Cannon , Night Slash

{magneton} Level 52
Magnet Rise , Lock On , Zap Cannon , Flash Cannon

{steelix} Level 55
Sandstorm , Earthquake , Aqua Tail , Thunder Fang

{metang} Level 57
Bullet Punch , Psychic , Meteor Mash , Hyper Beam

{lairon} Level 60
Iron Defense , Double Edge , Iron Tail , Hyper Beam

Reward : Shield Badge , TM?? Flash Cannon

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hattqv wrote:

Nah , its not that hard. Just go to any website with Moves and just analyse the effects and stuff on them. It only takes awhile to create movepools with strategies.

But seriously , if Arian's {golbat} was a {crobat} I have a strong feeling his entire team owns Sophia..

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gym 8
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name : Darren
Bio : He is the older brother of Elite 4 Member Christinia , and was selected as Ankh's Champion. However , due to the fact that as an Elite 4 / Champion , it is not allowed to be renovated and customized , thus rejected that offer. He likes to play with his Pokemon instead of keeping them locked up in the Pokeballs. And because of that , he chose to be a Gym Leader , with a customized Gym and all. He got his best friend to fill in the Champion Slot for him , whose power is not a joke or to be taken lightly. His Water + Ice team makes it hard to be beaten easily , not to mention the elegance he has in battling , of course , for someone who has won 4 Grand Festival Cups. His battle combinations make up both beauty AND power. He gives you a choice for either Single / Double battling and if your looking for a challenge , Double is double the difficulty cos of his teamwork and training from contests. It is very difficult for him to hold back , and has been suspended several times for the fact he goes all out , in other words , a style only Elites and Champions are allowed on trainers who have 7 Badges. The reason only uses 4 of his Pokemon , which are also few of his weakest , is to prevent himself from going overboard and end up battling at his Champion-level style.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gym Structure
His Gym is straight forward , there are no trainers , but any time , Wild Water Pokemon like Gyarados's and Kinglers will just charge at you and you have to take them out.When you reach him , he will not battle you unless you take down his 2 Assistants in a double battle. They will both use a Starmie and a Kingler. After that , its up to you on which path you want to take.
Assistants Tate & Katie ; Double Battle

{kingler} Level 55
Crab Hammer , Toxic , Protect , Hyper Beam

{starmie} Level 55
Thunderbolt , Rapid Spin , Psychic , Water Pulse
Gym Leader
Gym Leader Darren

{glaceon} Level 60
Ice Beam , Signal Beam , Protect , Last Resort

{cloyster} Level 62
Aurora Beam , Water Pulse , Spike Cannon , Explosion

{glalie} Level 63
Double Team , Ice Beam , Shadow Ball , Hyper Beam

{walrein} Level 65
Crunch , Blizzard , Earthquake , Giga Impact

Reward : Frost Badge , TM?? Blizzard

PS ; The Ankh Region Elite 4 are the NOT the same as those I posted, though some names will be re-used. Also note Darren is not the other trainer I have posted , just a bit of difficulty on name giving over here ><

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

zPIRATED wrote:
hattqv wrote:

Nah , its not that hard. Just go to any website with Moves and just analyse the effects and stuff on them. It only takes awhile to create movepools with strategies.

But seriously , if Arian's {golbat} was a {crobat} I have a strong feeling his entire team owns Sophia..

the reason is its Kanto region lol and flying type is like pwnage btw i made a revisit of this league, Arian has {crobat} u see it from older posts?

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That team looks much more like a team to play against the first round not the 2nd one except for Salamence.

But then , Victor seems on par if not stronger then Sophia.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:49 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

zPIRATED wrote:
That team looks much more like a team to play against the first round not the 2nd one except for Salamence.

But then , Victor seems on par if not stronger then Sophia.

can i make another team for Sophia? this time i'll try workin on movesets

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Why not ? Be my guest :D

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay. Finally I have a plan to get my Gym Leader.
Name: Lucy
Gym Leader #1 in the Whitedark Region (My creation!)
Bio: When she was ten, her parents gave her a Shinx for her birthday. Ever since then, she's been training with Pokemon that can give out light. When the Whitedark Region became more known, the new Elite Four of the region came and asked Lucy to become the first Gym Leader. She accepted.
Theme: Those that give light (Has illuminate, can use charge, or is a Volbeat, as no one should have a {phione} or {manaphy}. Right?)
Pokemon Trainer 1: Youngster Kevin
Start: I'll blind you with my light!
Win: I won! Now you're blind!
Lose: Your light is brighter than mine...
Pokemon Team
{staryu} Lv. 10
Illuminate
Tackle
Harden
Water Gun
Rapid Spin
{staryu} Lv. 11
Tackle
Harden
Water Gun
Rapid Spin
Aftermath: You win 98 Poke.

Gym Trainer 2: Lass Jenny
Start: I'll show you how bright my Pokemon are!
Win: Your Pokemon don't glow as much as mine do!
Lose: My Pokemon aren't as bright as I thought...
Pokemon Team
{shinx} Lv. 9
Intimidate
Tackle
Leer
Charge
{shinx} Lv. 11
Intimidate
Tackle
Leer
Charge
{chinchou} Lv. 12
Volt Absorb
Thunder Wave
Flail
Water Gun
Charge (TM-see leader's team for explanation)
Aftermath: You win 129 Poke.

Gym Leader Lucy
Intro: The Elite Four came to me and told me I should be a Gym Leader. I felt overwhelmed.
Start: But that was two years ago. I have trained my Pokemon to blind my foes with dazzling light!
Win: I have illuminated where your mistakes lie.
Lose: You have won; here, take the badge, the Luminescence Badge.
Pokemon Team
{chinchou} Lv. 14
Volt Absorb
Water Gun
Thunder Wave
Flail
Charge (TM)
{flaaffy} Lv. 16 @Magnet
Static
Thunder Wave
Thundershock
Tackle
Charge (TM-new region, new TMs!)
{luxio} Lv. 17 @Sitrus Berry
Tackle
Leer
Charge
Spark
Aftermath: The Luminescence Badge; 1700 Poke, and TM-Charge
(How's this for a first-time?)

Last edited by torchie13125 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Maybe you should give Kaori a lil' credit for her wonderful format?

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah. Thanks, Kaori Sakura!

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Special Trainer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name :
Zane

Region :
Unknown

Trainer Level :
Undetermined

Biography :
Zane is the toughest trainer in the Ankh Region who has been asked to be the Champion but rejected several times. He may seem as one of those jerks who care only bout power , but deep down , he actually really cares for his Pokemon. The 13 Pokemon Court Captains have approched him several times to speak to him about being the Ankh Champion , but he has stated that the only reason he will join them is if they are stronger then him. Although as the Pokemon Court Captains , who are stronger then any trainer revealed in the Ankh Region , none of them has ever gotten close to beating Zane. Zane's childhood remains a mystery and many have been wondering why some one of his level has 0 Badges and has not beaten a single Pokemon League , or rather , has never participated. He was found frozen along with a Gyarados in Lake Mezul. The cause is unknown and he refuses to speak a word about it. His strength was revealed when the Pokemon Court decided to force it out of him in a Pokemon Battle. He defeated all 13 Vice - Captains of the Pokemon Court with just 2 of his Pokemon . When the Court tried to detain him , he told them that if he willed , he could burn down the entire region. Doubtful , but yet possible , they let him go... his location is unknown up to date. Most of his Pokemon was revealed during the "26 Pokemon Assualt" in which both Captains & Vice Captains used 1 Pokemon each and attacked Zane , but failed to win.When the Court launched a surprise ALL - OUT attack on Zane , in other words , several hundreds of trainers including the ever-powerful captains , Zane along with his Pokemon has been captured , what has happened ever since is unknown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pokemon Team :
His entire team is unknown at the moment even their moves are not determined , the only Pokemon were those revealed during his battles against the Court.
The Pokemon who are believed to be ON - HAND is due to the matter all 6 was used in the 26 Captain co. Vice - Captain assault on Zane to capture him .

Believed to be ON - HAND :
{electivire} Level 100 / Motor Drive
Zane's Electivire was seen during the battle against the 13 Vice - Captains of the Court . He was also used against a battle against the 12th Pokemon Captain .

Known Moves :
Thunder [ Used against the 13 Pokemon from the Vice - Captains & the 26 Pokemon Assault ]
Protect & Giga Impact [ Used against the 12th Captain's Golem ]

{aggron} Level 100 / Rock Head
Aggron debuted when the 7th Captain approached Zane . It took out 3 of the 7th's Pokemon in a single blow.

Known Moves :
Hyper Beam [ Used to take down 3 Pokemon at once against the 7th ]
Earthquake [ Used during the 26 Pokemon Assault ]

{garchomp} Level 100 / Sand Veil
Garchomp was only seen during the 26 Pokemon Assault. It defeated several Pokemon without much seen effort.

Known Moves :
Dragon Rush [ Used during the 26 Pokemon Assault ]
Flamethrower [ Used during the 26 Pokemon Assault ]

{rhyperior} Level 100 / Solid Rock
Hammer Arm [ Used during the 26 Pokemon Assault ]
Stone Edge [ Used during the 26 Pokemon Assault ]

{staraptor} Level 100 / Intimidate
Brave Bird [ Used during the 26 Pokemon Assault ]
Close Combat [ Used during the 26 Pokemon Assault ]

{feraligatr} Level 100 / Torrent
Hydro Pump [ Used during the 26 Pokemon Assault ]

Seen , Believed to Be Stored Away :

{magmortar} Level 100 / Flame Body
Magmortar is another of Zane's Pokemon who debuted alongside Electivire in the battle against the 13 Vice - Captains. He has not been seen later on against the Captain Battles.
Its known moves are ; Fire Blast [ Used against the 13 Vice - Captains of the Court ]

{gyarados} Level ?? / ???
Gyarados was seen frozen alongside Zane in Lake Mezul , nothing is known about it

Pokemon that Zane Owns
[ When the Court decided to launch a ALL - OUT Attack against Zane , these Pokemon came out on their own to help him . This is proof of Zane's bond to his Pokemon ]

{electivire} {magmortar} {garchomp} {aggron} {staraptor} {rhyperior} {feraligatr} {weavile} {honchkrow} {torterra} {ursaring} {houndoom} {heracross}
{steelix} {golem} {scizor} {umbreon} {mismagius} {metagross} {alakazam} {pidgeot} {tyranitar} {snorlax} {luxray} {gyarados} {aerodactyl}
{walrein} {flygon} {torkoal} {drapion} {slaking} {ludicolo} {cacturne} {gliscor} {nidoking} {arcanine} {hariyama} {roserade} {exploud}

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemon Court
________________________________________________________________________________________

Description about the Pokemon Court :
The Pokemon Court is the Law & Order Enforces of the Pokemon World . In order to be Gym Leaders , Elite 4 , Champions , everything goes through them before anyone else. They are the toughest trainers to be borned , ZERO , if not ONE / TWO trainers in the world can even be matched against them. The only trainer to date that was able to give them a hard time would be Zane. The Captains can only use 3 Pokemon Each , whereas Vice - Captains are entitled to 2 and those that work in the Court only deemed 1 . To be in a certain Squad, you have to fit the requirements and Pokemon Types . Each Squad represent different types and power .

However , those that work there are just matched against their Pokemon types , whereas Power may be an option to be in the main "team".
None of those that are working in the Pokemon Court has their history revealed , thus nothing but their names are known about them. Their Pokemon MovePools are also unknowned . The only thing known about their Pokemon is when their used and under what circumstances. Because the captains are not allowed to use their 3rd aka. Strongest Pokemon without a valid Reason due to the amount of damage they can cause.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Squad 13 [ NORMAL ]

Brief Squad Description :
The 13th Squad is a General Squad which is the Primary Squad to be sent out on missions . It is normally if this squad fails to return with what is needed will the other stronger teams be released. They may be the weakest team , but definitely not the weakest trainers . Their Captain himself is one not to be taken lightly.

Captain ;

Name : Joshiro

Pokemon Team :
{absol} Level 100 / Super Luck
Primary Pokemon , used for trivial matters such as settling disputes in the Court , or against trainers who are looking for trouble.

{snorlax} Level 100 / Thick Fat
Only used when Joshiro thinks that Absol wont be strong enough , most trainers who have battled Joshiro has only managed to lay a fingure on Absol.
There is no trainer except Zane in history to KO Snorlax. Not even the famous Machamp on Blue's team has done so. It is said to be on par with the Powers of a Legendary.

{ursaring} Level 100 / Wonder Guard
Nothing is known about this killing machine . It has never been used even against Zane . Or for the matter'of fact , was used but was instantly taken down by Zane's Aggron.

Vice - Captain ;

Name : Kibe

Pokemon Team :
{ambipom} Level 80 / Pickup
Used on most missions and battles against foes. Kibe has barely used his 2nd Pokemon although its offensive power is much higher.

{tauros} Level 85 / Anger Point
Barely used by Kibe unless Ambipom is seriously injured / needs alot of offensive power to deal with.

Other Commanding Officers :

In a squad , there are 10 other Officers excluding the Captains / VCs . These Commanders pretty much use all the same Pokemon.

Pokemon for the 13th Squad Officers :
{persian} , {kangaskhan} , {bibarel} or {aipom}

Other Staff Members Use Either

{jigglypuff} {clefairy} {meowth} {bidoof} {rattata} {raticate} {clefable} {wigglytuff}

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

torchie13125 wrote:
Yeah. Thanks, Kaori Sakura!

I really appreciate it however, the credit should go to psypokes. I just used the format already placed in the walkthroughs.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemon Court

Description about the Pokemon Court :
The Pokemon Court is the Law & Order Enforces of the Pokemon World . In order to be Gym Leaders , Elite 4 , Champions , everything goes through them before anyone else. They are the toughest trainers to be borned , ZERO , if not ONE / TWO trainers in the world can even be matched against them. The only trainer to date that was able to give them a hard time would be Zane. The Captains can only use 3 Pokemon Each , whereas Vice - Captains are entitled to 2 and those that work in the Court only deemed 1 . To be in a certain Squad, you have to fit the requirements and Pokemon Types . Each Squad represent different types and power .

However , those that work there are just matched against their Pokemon types , whereas Power may be an option to be in the main "team".
None of those that are working in the Pokemon Court has their history revealed , thus nothing but their names are known about them. Their Pokemon MovePools are also unknowned . The only thing known about their Pokemon is when their used and under what circumstances. Because the captains are not allowed to use their 3rd aka. Strongest Pokemon without a valid Reason due to the amount of damage they can cause.

Squad 12 [ PSYCHIC ]

Brief Squad Description :
The 12th Squad is the Intelligent Bureau Squad. They are the ones who conduct research around the Pokemon Court and the ones who unraveled the Pokemon Wonders . The Captain hates battling and only does so to obtain "data" about Pokemon and trainers's style of battling. Only ONE out of THREE of his Pokemon are known.

Captain ;

Name : Mayuri

Pokemon Team :
{alakazam} Level 100
Kurutsuchi 's "weakest" Pokemon , or so to say due to the fact his other 2 Pokemon have never been used or seen in neither Battle nor the 12th Squad's Lab .

Vice - Captain ;

Name : Mayu
[ SHE IS THE YOUNGER SISTER OF THE CAPTAIN ]

Pokemon Team :
{gardevoir} & {gallade} Level 80
Both of her Pokemon are on equal levels because she has never negected any one of them.

Other Commanding Officers :

In a squad , there are 10 other Officers excluding the Captains / VCs . These Commanders pretty much use all the same Pokemon.

Pokemon for the 12th Squad Officers :
{kirlia} {kadabra} {espeon} {hypno} {slowking}

Other Staff Members Use These Pokemon
{abra} {drowzee} {ralts} {slowbro} {slowpoke}

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(I think there's too many _____ and ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~s in your post, zPIRATED.)
Anyway, I love your team!
How about moves?
And my next Gym Leader will come soon.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:26 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

FRLG

Champion Sophia
{snorlax}
return/rest/curse/earthquake
{walrein}
ice beam/toxic/curse/surf
{ampharos}
thunder wave/thunderbolt/reflect/light screen
{kingdra}
rain dance/surf/ice beam/substitute
{arcanine}
howl/extremespeed/flamethrower/crunch
{metagross}
meteor mash/earthquake/rockslide/explosion

plz tell wat u think, peace ^^

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

torchie13125 wrote:
(I think there's too many _____ and ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~s in your post, zPIRATED.)

Their basically for "categorising" the post. I think if it was all text , it'll be kinda confusing...

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Corrections I think would make it better are in yellow .
hattqv wrote:
{snorlax}
Fire Blast / Shadow Ball
Rest
Curse
Earthquake

Pretty common moveset for the 3 uncorrected moves. Standard. However I think you should take into consideration either FB or SB. Earthquake affects most common Sweepers like Ursaring , or Stealth Rock Leads / Pokemon like Metagross . However it does not affect common ghost types like Gengar , Dusknoir , or Spike-Lead Skarmory. SB makes it easier to take down most of the Ghost types , but can barely do much on a Skarmory. FB can at least 2HKO a Skarmory and do neutral damage on Ghost types to keep them away from FocusPing you. [ FP is probably the most common Fighting Move on most Ghost Types ]

{walrein}
Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
Encore

I think this was from the HELL forums about Encore , I tried it out and it helped quite abit. Encore can be useful to stop Cursers or Paralyzed enemies. Several people think Walrein cant Encore , so they may try to do something to you. Most of the times , though , Walrein is too slow to actually Encore relatively well.

{ampharos}
Thunder wave
Thunderbolt
Fire Punch
Dynamic Punch / Brick Break

Ampharos. Hands down , one of the most commonly used leads I use that now , most people start off with something that can easily bring him down. He was really useful and managed to knock out lots of my friend's pokemon. Thunderbolt is a useful STAB move that can take down majority of Water / Flying Types effectively.
Fire Punch can take the common Spikers like.. Forrestress I think ? And DP / BB can be used after a Thunderwave on wallers like a Blissey. Good selection of the TW and TB there , my friend.

{kingdra}
Rain dance
Surf
Ice Beam
Waterfall

If your gonna go with Rain Dance , I see NO REASON WHY Substitute is inside. Instead , you should go all-out on your destructive forces and take as much advantage of the Rain Dance as you can. Swap Sub with Waterfall , a pretty strong Physical moves , for Special Wallers. Along with the RD , it should be able to pull of quite a bit of damage there. When used in online battles , a Life Orb makes it even better and way more badass.

{arcanine}
Extremespeed
Crunch
Flare Blitz / Overheat
Morning Sun / Thunder Fang

Howl is easily predicted by any opponent , no use using it there. Flamethrower does almost nothing against experienced players. Either go with a FB or Overheat. Morning Sun if FB is your choice. Along with a Life Orb , FB does a decent amount of damage , and MS will constantly heal it from all the recoils and stuff. Overheat is also another option , choose TFang if you prefer Overheat , as it decently covers the Water Type weakness of Arcanine. Extremespeed on anything that survives either of those attacks to finish them off.

{metagross}
Meteor Mash
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Psychic

Metagross should be the lead. Setting up SR and doing as much damage to your opponent as they can , normally if Metagross is my lead , I either sweep the first Pokemon and Explode on the 2nd , or if its something Metagross probably gonna have some difficulty up against , Explode immediately. Psychic is a better choice IMO since it can take down most Mono type Poison/Grass types. As Pokemon like a Sceptile / Roserade could pose a bit of threat against your Kingdra. Do not worry bout Fire types , there is always Explosion to sweep common leads like an Infernape . Or at least do maximum damage for the next Pokemon to easily knock it out.

Overall , not a bad choice of move sets. Try again , you might get even better then some of us in the thread. :]

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is a Pokemon team I put together and gonna try out in the tournament in my country. The thing is , their rules sucks . We're not allowed to change the Pokemon Team we register under . If we change ANY one of them , we are entitled to 1 Pokemon Short , and we are only allowed to change a MAX OF 3POKEMON if we make it to the top 14. The good thing is , no UBERS ARE ALLOWED. So anyway , hope I get to at least the top 14 .. I'm gonna go register tomorrow with my friends and hopefully win ?..

Honest opinions please . Thanks

{togekiss} @Leftovers ; Hustle. #Mild Nature
252 HP / 252 Speed / Remains into SpAttk
Roost ; Nasty Plot ; Air Slash ; Aura Sphere

Alot of people are probably gonna say I ripped it from Smogon . Believe it or not , I didn't. Air Slash & Aura Sphere are the 2 Moves that Togekiss learns and I initially wanted to erase Aura Sphere , but kept it because of its decent amount of power and 100% accuracy. Might as well use it against things like Blissey or Snorlax.
The basic thing bout this is for me to get about 2-3 Nasty Plots and then going for the Air Slash. Hell , Togekiss has swept me a couple of teams already in last year's tourney.

{arcanine} @Life Orb ; Intimidate. #Adamant Nature
252 Attack / 4 SpDefense / 252 Speed
Extremespeed ; Flare Blitz ; Morning Sun ; Thunder Fang

Self-explanatory. Thunder Fang for Water Coverage , Extremespeed to take down things quickly knowing that Arcanine probably wont survive it.Thunder Fang was originally a Toxic . Added it in after barely made it through killing the final Pokemon from a battle last year. A Starmie. Flare Blitz is the main attack and Morning Sun to constantly recover after Recoil from both Flare Blitz & Life Orb .

{lucario} @Focus Band ; Inner Focus. #Jolly Nature
252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
Extremespeed ; Reversal ; Swords Dance ; Crunch

Lucario's a beast when it gets to 1 HP , with Reversal it can easily sweep tons of Pokemon. It was what won me a battle when I was down to 2-5. It literally Reversal-ed a OHKO on my foe's Pokemon .

{shuckle} @Leftovers ; Sturdy. #Careful Nature
252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 SpDefense
Knock Off / Rest / Encore / Toxic

Shuckle is a friggin beast . Don't look down on this guy . He friggin walls almost anything like a beast . A Regice's Ice Beam did nothing more then 30 Damage. Seriously , go try him out if you haven't already. Hell this guy has to be on my team no matter what !

{bronzong} @Focus Band ; Leviate. #Calm Nature
252 HP / 252 SpDefense / 8 Defense
Hypnosis / Reflect / Rain Dance / Explosion

Hypnosis the foe before setting up Reflect & Rain Dance. Explosion comes in when needed against something I feel pose as a threat to my team. Basically , his the support guy for my team but more importantly , Rain Dance to boost my Kingdra's power.

{kingdra} @Leftovers ; Swift Swim. #Adamant Nature
200 Attack / 140 SpAttk / 168 Speed
Dragon Dance / Surf / Ice Beam / Outrage

Standard dude that DDs for more power and Surf on most foes. With Surf's 95 Power along with 1-2 Dragon Dance + Rain , its gotta do at least half even on 2x resistance.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:17 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Wow, seems like things are going well I guess, anywho...

Name = Xavier / Gym Leader #3
Gender = Male
Region = Unknown Region #1
----------
Background = He's in his early 50s & he's a Blacksmith...his hair is gray & he wears a white uniform shirt under a jet black vest with jet white uniform pants all under a long jacket that's jet black & is not zipped or buttoned up...aside from this...nothing is known about his past...except that he always lived in the region he is in now...
----------
Theme or Type = Steel
----------
Pokemon Team (1st Visit);

{steelix} / Male / LV20 / Rock Head
Moveset = Sandstorm / Rock Slide / Iron Tail / Thunder Fang

{mawile} / Female / LV21 / Intimidate
Moveset = Iron Head / Crunch / Sucker Punch / Iron Defense

{skarmory} / Male / LV22 / Keen Eye
Moveset = Steel Wing / Night Slash / Agility / Brave Bird

{scizor} / Male / LV23 / Technician
Moveset = Night Slash / Focus Energy / Bullet Punch / X-Scissor

----------
Pokemon Team (Rematch);

{metagross} / Neither / LV62 / Clear Body
Moveset = Agility / Ice Punch / Iron Head / Zen Headbutt
Item = King's Rock

{skarmory} / Male / LV63 / Keen Eye
Moveset = Agility / Swords Dance / Brave Bird / Steel Wing
Item = Leftovers

{magnezone} / Neither / LV63 / Magnet Pull
Moveset = Lock-On / Explosion / Zap Cannon / Flash Cannon
Item = Custap Berry

{empoleon} / Male / LV64 / Torrent
Moveset = Agility / Feather Dance / Hydro Pump / Flash Cannon
Item = Wide Lens

{aggron} / Male / LV64 / Rock Head
Moveset = Rock Polish / Head Smash / Iron Tail / Aqua Tail
Item = Life Orb

{scizor} / Male / LV65 / Technician
Moveset = Agility / Swords Dance / Bullet Punch / Bug Bite
Item = Occa Berry

----------
Strategy = Steelix & Mawile's main stradegy is just to being as much pain as possible & then once he's comfortable or both or one of them is down, he does the switch to Skarmory & either uses Night Slash or Brave Bird based on the situation...Night Slash for Criticals which he loves & Brave Bird for power...Agility is used only when he's being outspeeded & Steel Wing is used if it's the better attack to use against your pokemon's type. Last is his Trump Card, Scizor, who comes out using Focus Energy & then one of it's other moves based on situation. Night Slash to reign criticals, Bullet Punch for speedy hits & X-Scissor for shear force...he's not much into putting alot into his stradegies he uses...so this stradegy is a little bland...
----------
Strategy (Rematch) = Alright, so as usual he is lacking any noticeable amount of strategy but unlike before, he has a way less bland strategy then before so do be aware of that...first comes Metagross with a move to sharply rise it's Speed stats like with 4 of his other pokemon, "Agility" & it also has Ice Punch for Ground Types, & it has Iron Head & Zen Headbutt for STAB & also for the flinching effect which it's item "King's Rock" further creates a danger for, next is Skarmory who has since your first encounter with it became more of a threat & now has Swords Dance & Agility along with all of it's previous attacking moves except Night Slash which are for STAB, next is Magnezone who may seem like a huge change from the rest of his team due to not being a Modifier abuser but instead being a Lock-On user with Zap Cannon & Flash Cannon for STAB & of course Zap Cannon to paralysis without fail & the already seen Custap Berry & Explosion combo on it as well but it isn't the only thing he needs it for of course, next is Empoleon who yes Prince has as well but is weaker in comparison, anywho it has Agility & Feather Dance for obvious reasons & has Hydro Pump & Flash Cannon as well for obvious reasons, next comes his hardest hitters with the first being Aggron who has the ability Rock Head along with 1 of the most powerful Rock Type attacks known as "Head Smash" & cause of this takes no damage from it so it's a free BP 150 + STAB attack now so watch out period for this, also it has Iron Tail for STAB & Aqua Tail for any Ground or Fire Types though it can just use Head Smash on your Fire Types as well & finally yes, yes that is actually Rock Polish which he dare uses on his Aggron so don't take it too lightly or else, last but not least is his Scizor who has since your first encounter with it become less about Critical Hits & more about abusing it's ability known as "Technician" & it does it well as both of it's damaging attacks now have a BP of 60 or lower before anything is put into consideration & also now has Agility & Swords Dance for obvious reasons & has Bug Bite & Bullet Punch for the Technician+STAB which means 90/60+STAB respectively so be aware of that & the Occa Berry which cuts damage from a single Fire Type attack on it so umm, that it with him...
----------
Aftermath = Blade Badge / TM for Iron Tail / $6000 Pokedollars
----------
Aftermath (Rematch) = $12000 Pokedollars / Unlocks TM for Iron Tail at Poke' Mart/Dept. Store locations

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence , your better think of a rematch team before I Falcon Punch that Steelix in his face...

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:17 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
zPIRATED wrote:
Lawence , your better think of a rematch team before I Falcon Punch that Steelix in his face...

In due time sir, I have done Rouge's(or Aegis') rematch team & I just have the strategy left to explain & then on to Xavier's rematch team which will be very easy as he is not big on complicated tactics & what not...right now though I am breeding for a Swellow that will be useful in the Battle Frontier as I am very close to that...

P.S. Thanks for advertising this thread in your signature there zPIRATED, along with the pokemon I hate battling most & the pokemon I find the most boring sweeper along side Scizor & something else I can't remember...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next