It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Legendary Birds 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i am trying to get the legendary birds but when i through a ball it misses every time. what do i do to get the birgs?

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Put it to sleep, paralysis, freezing (although not possible for Articuno, as it's already an Ice type), lowering its health to the red, have lots of Ultra Balls and hope you're lucky. That's all you can do, in my opinion.
Next time, put it into the questions thread.
EDIT: Wait, there's no question thread. Maybe you might want to put it in the Sevi Islands thread? They are remakes, so it should be the same, almost. Besides, this is the procedure for most legendary Pokemon that don't roam around, if not all.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:17 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

what i mean is that usualy the balls actualy hit the pokemon every time,with the birds, none of them hit. why?

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:46 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

You have to put them to sleep, that is the only way to get the ball to not "miss." Try using Gengar, Lapras, Victreebel, Venusaur, Wigglytuff, Clefable, or Parasect, all learn a sleep inducing move. It can also be noted that Safari Pokemon suffer the same problem; throwing bait at them makes them uncatchable (for Chansey/Scyther/Pinsir/Tauros/Kangaskhan this is the case, not the rest of them.) You have to throw rocks at them.

It's a very obnoxious thing, and I'm glad they did away with it after generation I.

Quote:
EDIT: Wait, there's no question thread. Maybe you might want to put it in the Sevi Islands thread? They are remakes, so it should be the same, almost. Besides, this is the procedure for most legendary Pokemon that don't roam around, if not all.

Lately we've had a problem with people backseat moderating so I'd like to politely point this out in a thread rather than issuing a private warning. Not to mention that this question definitely does not belong in Sevi Islands, because RBY is the only set of games this problem occurs in (and he's also playing Red, Blue or Yellow, so I fail to see why it would belong in the FireRed/LeafGreen forum.) Please don't do it again.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]