It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next
 Nuzlocke Challenge 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

B-Mac wrote:
She's absolutely nuts. It took me two hours to grind my growlithe in HG from lv. 25 to lv. 31. And she gains ten levels in two days on all 6 of her pokes.

Well, I'm also abusing the Vs.Seeker and mashing on what group of trainers gives me the most exp.

zPIRATED wrote:
@Kaori Sakura ; DAMMIT YOUR STILL A BETTER GRINDER :(

And decent free time at work?

Update:

So, general update this time. Couldn't find a better spot to train so, still route 14. Needed Surf for anything else, which meant my sixth badge, which I was training to get. Go figure. Anyways, trained to 60 then went to fight Koga. It's sad!! Khiria almost died! She took out the six trainers around Koga and his invisible walls, beat down his first 3 Poke'Mon but Weezing almost killed her with poison. Or rather, double-edge and poison but whatev's. It was scary. So, Dazzle had to come in and show Koga what-for. So, got my badge and headed toward my seventh badge.

Current Team:

{wigglytuff} Khiria: Female. Met in Route 3 at Lv 5. Quirky nature. Cute Charm. Hp:262. Lv.62. Easy training curve.
Rest, Defense Curl, Double-Edge, Roll Out

{vaporeon} Dazzle: Male. Met in Celadon City at Lv 25. Lonely nature. Water Absorb. Hp:245. Lv.60. Normal training curve.
Baton Pass, Acid Armor, Aurora Beam, Surf

{fearow} Robin: Female. Met in Route 22 at Lv 5. Lax nature. Keen Eye. Hp:154. Lv.60. Normal training curve.
Mirror Move, Drill Peck, Fly, Pursuit

{gyarados} Bubbles: Female. Met in Route 24 at Lv 5. Quirky nature. Intimidate. Hp:194. Lv.60. Tough training curve.
Dragon Dance, Tackle, Strength, Thunder Wave

{persian} Momo: Female. Met in Route 8 at Lv 18. Rash nature. Limber. Hp:158. Lv.60. Normal training curve.
Screech, Faint Attack, Fake out, Slash

{raticate} Dale: Male. Met in Route 1 at Lv 5. Quirky nature. Run Away. Hp:145. Lv.60. Normal training curve.
Cut, Substitute, Hyper Fang, Super Fang

In Box -Living-

{pidgeotto} Matt: Male. Met in Route 2 at Lv 3. Naughty nature. Keen Eye. Hp:85. Lv.30. Hard training curve.
Sand-Attack, Tackle, Wing Attack, Quick Attack

{zubat} Beatrice: Female. Met in Mt.Moon at Lv 9. Docile nature. Inner Focus. Hp:26. Lv.9. Normal training curve.
Leech Life, Astonish

{charmeleon} Butch: Male. Met in Pallet Town at Lv 5. Docile nature. Blaze. Hp:82. Lv.30. Hard training curve.
Growl, Smokescreen, Metal Claw, Ember

{mr. mime} MIMIEN: Male. Met in a trade. (Traded with Reyley in Route 2) Timid nature. Sound Proof. Hp:28. Lv.9. Normal training curve.
Barrier, Confusion, Substitute, -

{butterfree} Belle: Female. Met in Viridian Forest at Lv 5. Relaxed nature. Compound Eyes. Hp:111. Lv.40. Normal training curve.
Flash, Sleep Powder, Psybeam, Gust

{hitmonchan} Ippo: Male. Met in Saffron City at Lv 25. Calm nature. Keen Eye. Hp:61. Lv.25. Normal training curve.
Agility, Comet Punch, Pursuit, Mach Punch

{snorlax} David: Male. Met in Route 12 at Lv 30. Bold nature. Thick Fat. Hp:140. Lv.30. Tough training curve.
Headbutt, Yawn, Rest, Snore

{tauros} Falo: Male. Met in Safari Zone at Lv 28. Naive nature. Intimidate. Hp:84. Lv.28. Tough training curve.
Horn Attack, Scary Face, Pursuit, Swagger

{lapras} Markus: Male. Met in Silph Co. at Lv 25. Careful nature. Water Absorb. Hp:105. Lv.25. Tough training curve.
Mist, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Perish Song

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

where do you grind?

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey Kaori, wanted to ask .. what happened to the {pidgeotto} and {charmeleon} how did you lose em

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So , back with a new update . First things first .

Team Update :
- {roserade} died :(
[ She took a FRIGGIN critical from a Shadow Ball and died ]

Travel Diary :
- Grinded all my Pokemon to the 50's but left Roserade as 44 . [ OK OK ! I NEGELCTED HER... JUST A LIL ! ]
- Went to Celestic Town and kicked that noobie grunt's butt.
- Went to Hearthome but continued grinding on the way. [ FLY IS A FORBIDDEN MOVE TO BE USED OUTSIDE OF BATTLE IN MY TEAM ]
- Took on Hearthome Gym. [ WHIP THE ASSES OF THE TRAINERS FIRST ]
- Lost Roserade to her Gengar's Shadow Ball
- Tossed out Elekible and owned her and avenged Natsumi .

Current Team :

{charizard} Lizardon / Level 58
{electivire} Elekible / Level 56
{floatzel} Floatsel / Level 54
{staraptor} Mukuhawk / Level 53
{garchomp} Gaburaisu / Level 55

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Note : I'm gonna be updating like Kaori Sakura's format but without the Box. Seriously, I'm too lazy to check my box each time I save and cant be bothered memorizing so , sorry :(
[ Hope you don't mind Kaori ^^ ]

General Update :
So as usual , did my usual grinding due tot he darn story that made me ran place to place. Decided to do some fishing and darn was I lucky ! I caught a Shiny Margikarp on my first try ! Yay ! I gave it some hardcore training and evolved it to a Gyarados and made sure it kept up with my team. To replace my lost Roserade , I went to the Great Marsh and caught a Skorupi which evolved to a Drapion. And I have to say,is now one of my favourites ! Despite the ambush by my rival in Canalave , he swept his entire team while nearing death . ( 3x hp ) And with that , this is my brand new team. Stronger and better then ever.

Team :
{staraptor} Mukuhawk / Level 61 ; Intimidate
Quick Attack , Aerial Ace , Brave Bird , Close Combat [ IS IT ME , OR DOES THIS MOVESET PARTICULARLY GO ALONG WITH ASH'S ?! ]

{drapion} Durapion / Level 62 ; Battle Armour ( THIS SHOULD KEEP ME AWAY FROM CRITICALS >:[ )
Toxic Spikes , Poison Fang , Crunch , Cross Poison

{garchomp} Gaburaisu / Level 62 ; Sand Veil
Crunch , Dig , Dragon Claw , Dragon Rush

{gyarados} * Gyaraydos / Level 64 ; Intimidate
Rain Dance , Ice Fang , Aqua Tail , Hyper Beam

{electivire} Elekible / Level 67 ; Motor Drive
Light Screen , Thunder Punch , Thunderbolt , Giga Impact

{charizard} Lizardon / Level 69 ; Blaze [ HIS MAH BAMF ! ]
Seismic Toss , Steel Wing , Flamethrower , Flare Blitz

Sidenote : YES ! I'VE FINALLY OUTGRINDED KAORI SAKURA !!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:
where do you grind?

Not sure if that was directed at me, but I'll answer it just in case. So far, (before I got the marshbadge from Koga) I trained at route 14. The northern portion against four Bird Keepers with the Vs.Seeker. Exp ranged from 306 (I mistakenly posted before it was 308) to 1041 via Lv26 Pidgey and Lv30 Fearow respectively. I may change my training location to somewhere along Seafoam Islands. I recall fighting a trainers Cloyster there that gave 1315 Exp.

zPIRATED wrote:
Hey Kaori, wanted to ask .. what happened to the {pidgeotto} and {charmeleon} how did you lose em

I replaced them. Matt {pidgeotto} got replaced by Bubbles {gyarados} and Butch {charmeleon} got replaced by Dazzle {vaporeon}. So far I haven't had any deaths, just a ton of close-calls. I'm a baby like that. First sign of trouble and I flock to a Poke'Mon Center.

zPIRATED wrote:
Note : I'm gonna be updating like Kaori Sakura's format but without the Box. Seriously, I'm too lazy to check my box each time I save and cant be bothered memorizing so , sorry :(
[ Hope you don't mind Kaori ^^ ]

I don't mind at all!

zPIRATED wrote:
Sidenote : YES ! I'VE FINALLY OUTGRINDED KAORI SAKURA !!!!

Yup. You got me beat so far. I just hit Cinnabar Island after catching Articuno. Khiria's 70 and Dazzle is 63. Everyone else right now is only 60. I'm workin' on it!

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just a little update,

Currently grinding to get moleman and poisonzilla on par with the rest of the team. Working a bit with mindreader and Voltmaster.

Right know im considering replacing moleman with ghostrider (ponyta), causemolemans stats are lookin that great right know, and im thinkin ghostrifer would be better for when I take on the elite four, suggestions anyone?

Ill updat my teams lvls the next time i do a major post.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gonna Grind big time today...

Been playing too much HeartGold for the past few days.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

GofD wrote:
Right know im considering replacing moleman with ghostrider (ponyta), causemolemans stats are lookin that great right know, and im thinkin ghostrifer would be better for when I take on the elite four, suggestions anyone?

Well, if you're looking at stats, Dugtrio is faster than Rapidash but Rapidash has higher physical attack. Personally, I'd go with Rapidash on these two choices.

However, based on your team and your inbox, I'd replace Pidgeot before anyone else. And I'd replace Pidgeot with Kabuto. It'd require a lot of training, but Kabutops is a great addition. The only reason I can see even keeping Pidgeot around is for fly and if you're about to face the elite for, you don't really need it anymore.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm still happy over the outgrind. ^^

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Got everyone on my team between lv. 40-50.

Can't do color or anything special because this is my first droid post...

Steamroll {rhyhorn}- Lv. 41
-has a really crappy movepool but is still rather useful because somehow he can manage to deflect some hits. He's still getting palparked when he levels up and evolves though.

Tiny {snorlax}- Lv. 41
-HP tank, enough said

Crossbone {marowak}- Lv.42
-I love him, way to useful while holding thick club.

Screech {golbat}- Lv. 43
-god dammit evolve already!!!

Houdini {hypno}- Lv. 44
-how useful is a hypnosis+dreameater/nightmare combo going to work??? Should be better than a rapid spin+spikes on a pineco, lol.

Leonardo {blastoise}- Lv. 45
-why does he still have rapid spin??? I need to give him a status or field effect move instead...

I have to say that rhyhorn/don will be switched with a magnemite. If only it got levitate for an ability instead of magnet pull...

current party in HG:
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Poor {rhyhorn} / {rhydon}

Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

General Update :
Oright , update time ! Hit Canalave city [ did so yesterday actually ] and entered the Gym . Trainers weren't a problem. My bamf Durapion sweeped all the trainers with 1-2 moves. So reached the Gym and decided to pull off some epciness by letting Lizardon beat the shyt outta the Gym Leader's Team. But Bastiodon was a pain .. he kept using rest each time he gets to red and Flare Blitz or Flamethrower didn't do much so I was relying on Seismic Toss to death him. But ST kept bringing it to red. I tried Gyarados's Hyper Beam and that didnt work too well either.. believe it or not , it was the first time Lizardon was getting owned and the first time Gyarados's Hyper Beam barely did damage.. But with a lil bit of trust to my Pokemon , Lizardon pulled off a critical ! [ HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT HUH? HAVE A TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE FRIGGIN AI ! ] So swept the badge and headed out and more story starts. About to head out to the lake right now but maybe just a lil more grinding to get all my Pokemon to the early 70s or at least 65.

Team :
{staraptor} Mukuhawk / Level 61 ; Intimidate
Quick Attack , Aerial Ace , Brave Bird , Close Combat

{garchomp} Gaburaisu / Level 62 ; Sand Veil
Crunch , Dig , Dragon Claw , Dragon Rush

{drapion} Durapion / Level 64 ; Battle Armour
Toxic Spikes , Poison Fang , Crunch , Cross Poison

{gyarados} * Gyaraydos / Level 64 ; Intimidate
Rain Dance , Ice Fang , Aqua Tail , Hyper Beam

{electivire} Elekible / Level 67 ; Motor Drive
Light Screen , Thunder Punch , Thunderbolt , Giga Impact

{charizard} Lizardon / Level 70 ; Blaze [ MAH KILLING MACHINE BABEH ! ]
Seismic Toss , Steel Wing , Flamethrower , Flare Blitz

Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

zPIRATED wrote:
Poor {rhyhorn} / {rhydon}

Don't think I'm going to just dump him off in my HG boxes, I'll give him my masterball too so I can catch one of the legendaries. I'll also pal park my lapras, a fighter, my pikachu and some other pokes with other tm's and items so I don't have to buy anything for a while. Ofcourse I don't know if a trade(both with and without items) evolvution poke evolves when pal parked, anyone know about that?

current party in HG:

Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think they do..

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Poke'Mon don't evolve when Pal Parked though they evolve normally after you catch them and meet the requirements, such as Electabuzz, Magmar, Rydon, etc., etc. when traded with a held item. Pal Park just transfers over Poke'Mon from a previous generation to the newer one.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I see, I don't pal park cos I normally trade thx to the DS I won in a lucky draw ^^

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I only pal park so I can transfer items from game to game. And since a haunter can't evolve when pal parked from my leaf green for. Example, I guess i'll just have to trade them to someone else via wifi... no biggie.

current party in HG:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, GofD is updating!!!!!

Caught
Gopokeball/voltorb lvl 22 power plant
magnetball/magnemite lvl 22 power plant

Beat giovanni, no deaths, now have all 8 gym badges. Currently grinding like crazy to get pokes up to better levels before trip to elite 4.

Team swap- Switched Moleman for ghostrider/ponyta.

Evolved- Ghostrider/ponyta evolved into Rapidash>

Current team
Mindreader/Kadabra lvl 55, best stat sp.attck at 157, worst stat attack at 52, Moveset (shadow ball+psychic+recover+flash)
Voltmaster/raichu lvl 54, best stat speed at 157, worst stat Def at 71, Moveset (Strength+ Double team+ thunderbolt+ thunder)
Nuker/blastoise lvl 47, best stat def at 130, worst stat sp. att at 81, Moveset (bite+ surf + rain dance + ice beam)
Raptor2/pidgeot lvl 44, best stat speed at 104, worst stat sp.def at 73, Moveset (quick attack + feather dance+ fly + wing attack)
Poisonzila/nidoking lvl 43, Best stat speed at 100, worst stat sp. def at 68, Moveset (toxic+ earthquake+ shockwave+megahorn)
Ghostrider/ponyta lvl 42 Best stat speed at 99, worst stat sp.def at 72, Moveset (fire spin+ ember+ stomp+ take down)

Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

After looking at teams of others, I think me and Kaori are crazy grinders...

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm sorry, i forgot about my Nuzlocke, but I have reached Victory Road in Evergrande City. My Dra-Dra evolve into Flygon now.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

BIGGGEST AND SURPRISING PIECE OF NEWS !!

{garchomp} DIED !

Reason : Died while in yellow HP battling a Wild Sneasel who used Icy Wind and criticalled. But I caught it [ first pokemon shyt ] so his gonna replace Garchomp so heck yeah !

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

zPIRATED wrote:
BIGGGEST AND SURPRISING PIECE OF NEWS !!

{garchomp} DIED !

Reason : Died while in yellow HP battling a Wild Sneasel who used Icy Wind and criticalled. But I caught it [ first pokemon shyt ] so his gonna replace Garchomp so heck yeah !

I'm sorry for what happened on Garchomp :(

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That sucks... do you atleast have a back up because all of your pokes are atleast lv. 60. Kind of sucks you lost a useful battler to a pos sneasel.

Time for my update:

I am currently working through the saffron gym and am leaving for the power plant to get an electric type to replace Steamroll.

-current team:

Steamroll {rhydon}- Lv. 42
Crossbone {marowak}- Lv. 42
Houdini {hypno}- Lv. 44
Screech {golbat}- Lv. 43
Tiny {snorlax}- Lv. 43
Leonardo {blastoise}- Lv. 46

Steamroll will be boxed for his transport to HG and will carry my masterball.

I'll throw in my HeartGold team for the hell of it, tell me what you think:
-Feraligatr @ Lv. 42
-Ampharos @ Lv. 41
-Espeon @ Lv. 38
-Growlithe @ Lv. 38
- will rwcieve fire stone @ Lv. 45
-Pupitar @ Lv. 36
- need a lot of move tutoring when she evolves, planned movepool to be earthquake, super power, stone edge and a move TBD
-swinub @ Lv. 30
- i want him to evolve normally and then I'll move remember ancientpower @ Lv. 40 so it can evolve into a mamoswine

current party in HG:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think your team is pretty good.
I learned about this challenge too late.
I just started a new game in FR, and I'm trying it.
I have:
{charmander} Fire Lv. 7
Scratch
Growl
Ember
{pidgey} Sandie Lv. 4
Tackle
{rattata} Violet Lv. 6
Tackle
Tail Whip
And that's it.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next