It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Game Freak needs a break 

Would a sequel to Drill Dozer be cool, even if it meant delaying the next Pokemon game?
Yeah, Jill deserves the spotlight! 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
No, I want the next Pokemon game as fast as possible! 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 7

Game Freak needs a break 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I don't think there is a single member of this forum that hasn't heard of Game Freak. Why? Because that company made all the handheld Pokemon RPGs! The sad thing is, that's almost all they're known for. Only a few of their non-Pokemon games have made it to US shores, mostly on the Wii's Virtual Console. It's time Nintendo gave them a break from making Pokemon games. Now that the 3DS is on its way, the company problably wants to dapple in actual 3D graphics. And I know the perfect medium for Game Freak to use. A sequel to my favorite GBA game: DRILL DOZER!!! Just take a moment to imagine this game. Croog has returned, and the Red Dozers must stop her once and for all! Rubble and defeated enemies would fly off the screen as you drilled through everything in sight! Massive bosses would be even more intimidating! And that opening sequence would finally make sense! Is this worth delaying the next Pokemon game? You decide!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

First- never heard of drill dozer.
Second-Pokemon is my main reason for owning ANY kind of handheld system.
Explained further- Pokemon is sorta like a RPG/stategy/adventure game all wraped up into a nice little bow. And since my cpu has now decide it doesnt liek supreme commander, and putting my Civ stuff onto the computertakes a LOT of time and space, Pokemon is the only game to satisfy my need for those (my favorite) generas.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:10 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Tbh, I think they should take a small break from the Pokemon series in general as they make a main Pokemon RPG game pretty much every year & I would like to see some of their other works more often as well so I say yes though if it was the first games of Gen 5 that was the next then I would say no in this one case but otherwise I say Drill Dozer deserves this as do some other series & what better handheld system to make this move on then the 3DS...

While Pokemon is my reason for having any of my handheld systems, I still like to play other games every so often & also would like to not have another Pokemon game come as fast as they do as I am still into the previous Pokemon RPG game or Gen when the new games do come out so...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If GameFreak wants a break they will take a break. They know Pokemon is their cash cow so they will develop that as their main focus, and everything else as a distant second.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:35 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

GofD wrote:

That's understandable. However, the main character, Jill, was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. And EVERYONE plays Brawl.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
GofD wrote:

That's understandable. However, the main character, Jill, was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. And EVERYONE plays Brawl.

Nope. Ive never owned any game consel other that a GBA and a DS Lite. So Ive never played brawl.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, i don't play any game that Game Freak made except Pokemon, so i guess i don't really care about Drill Dozer.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:58 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Personally, I'd rather see a Pulseman sequel than a Drill Dozer sequel.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

That was a good game too, but they should translate the first one before they attempt a sequel. It's only out in the US on the Virtual Console.

Mektar out.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
Personally, I'd rather see a Pulseman sequel than a Drill Dozer sequel.

Yes. YES. YES!!!! PULSEMAN MUST RETURN! VOLTECCER!

But jokes aside, yes, Game Freak should calm down with the pokemon stuff. I think the reason PS3/360 fanboys hate Pokemon much is because there's so many, so they're burning out ideas. Game Freak can do wonders in platforming games... so why don't they try again?

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]