It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Generation V - Black, White, and ??? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

So the third game will be called Gray (they'll go with the American spelling)...too bad the mascot looks so poorly designed :(

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Manafi wrote:
So the third game will be called Gray (they'll go with the American spelling)...too bad the mascot looks so poorly designed :(

i'd wait to see some sugimori art before i make that assumption; but kuremu (that's his name, right?) has a cool typing, at least. i wonder how we'll find him in BW, though....

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

yeah, the typing is cool and i guess the sugimori artwork will be better, hopefully

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
It's going to be grey. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. (ha ha, I said buts.)

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(@$$ (ha ha i said @$$)) ok, but the idea of a dragon/ice sounds prety much either in the mountains or in the water like Dewong or Jynx.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kyurem is quite interesting - I like unique type combos. It would be even more interesting if it had an alternative form in the third game, but GameFreak already used that idea with Giratina in Platinum.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kyurem is a nice Pokemon, with a unique type combination, good ability, and great stats. I can't wait to see it in Gray, since I'm sure now that Orange isn't going to happen anytime soon. Maybe N gets both Reshiram and Zekrom while you get Kyurem in the battle against him. Then he lets them go and you could fight them in the Great Hall or someplace with great significance.
Should the last few sentences have been put in a spoiler? It didn't seem too major, but it could give out details to the people who don't want to know too much about the games.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
well, since it is rumored that this will be the last new generation I wouldn't mind seeing pokemon rainbow, it could include all five regions, just a thought

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

robbydebry wrote:
well, since it is rumored that this will be the last new generation I wouldn't mind seeing pokemon rainbow, it could include all five regions, just a thought

Last Gen? I think not. I'll buy off Nintendo and GameFreak and make my own generation =))

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:13 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Quote:

I like that idea, I think rainbow would compliment the dullness of black and white really well. Perhaps we should think of what the version mascot will be, perhaps Genosect, where the many cassettes represent the colours of the Rainbow.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:09 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I am thoroughly holding out for Pokemon Rainbow since rainbows are amazing, but something tells me that isn't going to happen. There's reasonable evidence to suspect that the third game would be called Gray, but it wouldn't be shocking to me if it ended up being something completely different. After all, Platinum doesn't really fit with Diamond and Pearl, as Crystal kind of doesn't belong with Gold and Silver.

For now, however, I'll stick to waiting for Black and White. Too much speculation about the third game sends me "getting ahead of myself" vibes. :p

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Crystal and Platina were the names of the main characters from the manga, hence the games were named after them.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:57 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Grey.

Act Like you know.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Grey all the way

My trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27589

my fc:0561 1373 6911

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:54 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Black, White, and Tan :) how's that?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i think chaos it would fit with ying yang or order they dont have to be color crystals metals or shades (reffering to black and white)

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:38 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It'll be Pokemon Grey if there is a 3rd, no question, it just makes a set naturally.

Red, Blue, Yellow - The 3 primary colours
Gold, Silver, Crystal - "Name 3 expensive materials", I'd say these, dunno about you
Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald - 3 well known gemstones that are quite often related

There's 3 examples, I admit Grey isn't exactly an exciting name, but that's not the aim. Chrome sounds cooler, but you don't naturally think Black, White, and Chrome. You automatically think Black White & Grey.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:21 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yeah I agree with you I think it will be grey that makes the. Most since chrome is metal not a co,or

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If it's gray, my question would be which spelling would they use?? Gray or grey??

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It would probably depend on which country. USA and countries that use American-English would be "Gray" while English speaking countries that use British spelling would be "Grey". I would also suppose that other languages would use their respective words. =P

While unlikely, there is a very slim chance it could be "Clear" since Pokemon Black & White is based on the Yin Yang, and the third element of that is "wuji" which basically indicates the concept of nothingness or limitless. But, it would make more sense if the third game was named "Gray". Kids would get it more easily, and kids are still the target audience.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I believe the third installment will be called "14 Shades of Grey Version" and feature Aaron Lewis as the cover legendary:

I kid, but in all honesty it probably will be Grey Version, and feature Kyuremu as the cover legendary, since it fits the pattern so well.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I betcha that it will be some color or a synonym of clear or transperent.

sad but rad

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It's obviously going to be purple

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well Gold and Silver had Crystal
Then Diamond and Pearl had Platinum

If you swap those two specials then they actually sense. So I think they made some stupid mistakes in the past but now they'll make things that actually make sense. Hence, gray.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:37 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

xerovene wrote:
Well Gold and Silver had Crystal
Then Diamond and Pearl had Platinum

If you swap those two specials then they actually sense. So I think they made some stupid mistakes in the past but now they'll make things that actually make sense. Hence, gray.

You have to look at the legendaries. Gen 2 didn't have a trio so they picked Suicune and whatever name associated with Suicune probably wouldn't have had much in common with gold or silver. Gen 3 started the "trio trend" and they all correlate. With gen 4 you can understand that after gold/silver, ruby/sapphire it was hard coming up with something so we ended up with a gem, metal and something oysters poop out. Gen 5, simple.

It's incredibly likely Kyurem will be the next mascot. Gray version in my opinion or maybe they'll get creative and use 'slate' or something...

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next