It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Obligatory "what is your favorite Isshu Pokemon?" thread 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: It's on Earth and the name begins with a letter between A and Z. Where am I?
I like:
Every form of the starters except Pokabu's evolutions. I like Pokabu just fine, though.

Zorua and Zoroark - Zorua is cute and Eevee-esque, and Zoroark is cool and... looks smart to me somehow. Like, it could learn human speech and stuff.

Reshiram - It's pretty neat, although the tuft of fur between it's legs is unquestionably questionable. I actually find its constant :< expression to be somewhat cute.

Victini - I read on Bulbapedia that it may be based off of a method of cutting apples to make them look like rabbits. I approve of this.

Genosect - It simultaneously intrigues and frightens me a little at the same time.

Kibago - It looks somewhat like Larvitar, and it's cute. I also love it's final evolution. I don't care about it's state of clichedness. Fear my linguistically correct fake words.

Kojofu and Kojondo - They look like floppy cats, which I like because I used to have a floppy cat until he died. *sniff* I miss my floppy cat...

Hiyappu and Hiyakki - Despite popular opinion, I like these two. The fact that they have Brock Syndrome is amusing. (Brock Syndrome is a phrase my friend made up which refers to anime/manga characters with their eyes always squinted. Brock (Pokemon) and Gin Ichimaru (Bleach) are examples.) I see nothing wrong with Hiyakki's state of femininity, (or whatever people seem to dislike it for; besides, Lopunny ( {lopunny} ) is more feminine, and I don't see anyone complaining about that. (Though I can understand why...) And since when is being feminine even bad?) especially since I'm gonna get a female anyway. (Yes, I even plan the genders of my main team; it's always a 50/50 split, with genderless Pokemon assigned to the minority.)

Monmen and Erufuun (Elphoon?) - I like Monmen, but I really like Erufuun. It looks like it could recede into it's fluff to protect itself.

Chirachino - It looks like it has a fur coat. Pretty cool.

There are lots more, like Choroneko, Yorterri, Tabunne, Gear, the ice cream cone, the floating knight, the chandelier, the golems, the garbage bag, (in it's own wierd way) those little Psychic-type scientist-looking things... I could go on all day. In my opinion, Gen V's only flaw worth mentioning out is that you're locked out of using Gen I - IV Pokemon until post-Hall of Fame.

Ione: We didn't do it for a reward! Besides, you used us!
Creator: What's wrong with that? I created everything.
Lane: We are not things!
Creator: How amusing... you are trying to pick a fight with me!

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
And the alien, i've seen no hate on him, but i haven't seen anyone else like him.

*cough*seemylistrightbelowFrost's*cough
I LOVE the aliens! I can't wait to get my hands on them =))))))))

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:24 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mine's Gigigigear. the one with 4 (I think) gears in it's body connected by a shank.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:38 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Top 5 ranking (by family/ evolution chain):
1 Tie between Denchura family and Shandera family- squeee! two awsome type combos in my favorite types, great designs, cute.
2. Urugamosu family- awesome type combo, Mothra for the win!
3. Jarooda family- Imperious snakes!
4. Pendoraa and Rankurusu clans- monsterpede and bubble demon!
5. Kojondo and Barujiina- a pretty fighting type cat thing (i generally don't like fighting types) and a funny looking vulture! :)
-This generation makes me happy

However, bottom five:
1. Enbuoo- meaning no disrespect to pokabu, his evolutions suck...more fire fighting, and ugly to boot...fail! this family could have been so much better.
2. Roobushin family- generally ugly, but the construction behind the theme improves their standing some
3. Shubarugo and Agirudaa- ugly, unnecessary disgraces to the bug type, put in just for the sake of a new evolution method that only they exhibit
4. Genie Trio- useless, ugly design that is repeated three times, nice types, but they seem a lazy set...not enough effort put into them to make me like them
5. Dageki and Nageki- very humanoid and unnecessary....they even wear clothing....bleah

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So I don't know what hit me over the course of this work day,
but I suddenly realized while serving a 2-entree plate for someone, that I REALLY like InstaBacon's final evolution!
I've been so against its typing that I failed to really analyze its aesthetic (which is consistently the overriding factor in my favorites).
HOT DAMN! He's effin sexy!
I ... I think the Fire starter is my favorite for the first time ever!

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I love them all. Surprisingly, one of my new all-time favorite Pokemon is Onondo. Not Kibago. Not Ononokusu. Onondo. I don't know why; it just looks so, how do I put this, 1st generation. You could've stuck it right in there and people would love it as much as I do. I love most of the other Pokemon too, but Onondo really does this generation for me.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
but I suddenly realized while serving a 2-entree plate for someone, that I REALLY like InstaBacon's final evolution!
I've been so against its typing that I failed to really analyze its aesthetic (which is consistently the overriding factor in my favorites).

... are you strait? or did you fake your gender.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Anamator wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

... That was uncalled for. And it's a joke, I don't think he seriously finds that pokemon HOT, it's a pokemon that only exists in a video game. C'mon.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Anamator wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

... That was uncalled for. And it's a joke, I don't think he seriously finds that pokemon HOT, it's a pokemon that only exists in a video game. C'mon.

Firstly, no I'm not straight, I've been clear about it in a few other forums so I'm not squeamish in responding to that seriously.
BUT
Secondly, that has nothing to do with the above statement.
OH EM GEE. The fact that more than one person has taken me seriously about this (yeah, I've received PM's) makes me lose hope in humanity.
I was using "sexy" as an extreme emphasis, because I think they (Gamefreak) did a fantastic job designing InstaBacon.

Who would find a sprite physically pleasing? Not to offend anyone who might, but that's kinda weird.
And if I DID, I would NOT be open about it.
Like, really? You really took me seriously?
Really?

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
Firstly, no I'm not straight, I've been clear about it in a few other forums so I'm not squeamish in responding to that seriously.
BUT
Secondly, that has nothing to do with the above statement.
OH EM GEE. The fact that more than one person has taken me seriously about this (yeah, I've received PM's) makes me lose hope in humanity.
I was using "sexy" as an extreme emphasis, because I think they (Gamefreak) did a fantastic job designing InstaBacon.

Who would find a sprite physically pleasing? Not to offend anyone who might, but that's kinda weird.
And if I DID, I would NOT be open about it.
Like, really? You really took me seriously?
Really?

I take everything seriosly, even pineapples...

But point taken. And you did say that you are gay in the pre-Isshu topic. It was one of the resons that Animefreak_98 was banned.

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:11 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So if there's ever a pineapple Poke, is it safe to say it'll be your favorite?

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No, Chocolate, But at the moment my favorite(food based) pokemon is banana

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Amber Mine wrote:
No, Chocolate, But at the moment my favorite(food based) pokemon is banana

Sooooooo... {tropius} ?

Also, just because I feel bad for wasting everyone's time reading these last few posts of mine,
I'm really falling in love with that Native American Flying/Psychic-type more and more each day!

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well done...And for the topic, I do enjoy Mentally devouring The vanilla ice(om nom nom)

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the hermit crab bug/rock is sick but i absoulutely love the eagle thing! (that evovles from {wargle}

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I havn't played pokemon since platinum came out i like the bottom right though O:

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:06 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My favourites:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I just noticed... Monmen and Doredia look like they're related, even though they aren't.

I actually have 12 hermit crabs as pets at the moment. Too bad I don't like the Bug/Rock typing that much. Hermit crabs are crustaceans, not insects lol.

I find the others alright, but I hate the Flying trio. They're so hideous.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Yeah, that trio is hideous. They look like demented genies on clouds.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Actually the flying trio is based on Japanese deities (With no relation to Arabian genies!). Bah. I hate it when 'deities' get in the inspiration of Pokemon. At least Arceus have a somewhat great design, but these 3 'deities'? NO WAY. They just look like half naked ghosts with weird wheels & clouds (Not to mention that they're all in exactly the same pose). Currently they're on my List of Isshu Pokemon I Dislike.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
So if there's ever a pineapple Poke, is it safe to say it'll be your favorite?

Ludicolo fetish o.O

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

At first I absolutely hated Mijumaru's final, but I've grown to love it, and I now feel that with my combined love of Mijumaru and growing affection for Daikenki (and I want Boappu (fire monkey)) I will choose mijumaru as my starter for this Generation of Pokemon.
Back on topic, I like a bunch of the new Pokemon. However, I'm still a little miffed that we've waited for a pure Flying-type for so long, and all we get is a crappy legendary, not to mention an ugly one. Please allow more pure Flying next gen. Gamefreak.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I want to see the flying trio's animations, specifically on the cartoon.
If I've ever hated a Pokemon (as I do these three, even though I hate jumping on band wagons), the cartoons have saved it.
I like seeing how they act in "real life". Example: {exeggcute} Hated those guys, but after watching a couple movies, loved them.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wow... this must be my first time ever posting in this topic. (Maybe second, I can't remember) But, anyway, my favorite is Zorua, because it's so cute, and cuddly, and pretty, and... Sorry, I meant to say that it's cute, and cuddly, and... Oh forget it. Pretty much, I like Zorua because I play(ed) (I got killed :( ) Zorua in the Werewolf thread (new one) and well, I like Dark types in general. I also like Pokabu's final evolution, because it's a Fire/Fighting Pokemon, and the typing reminds me of Blaziken, which is my the most favorite Pokemon in the world. Finally, I like the eagle Pokemon (man, I'll never memorize their names until they come out in English...) because it looks so awesome, and it learns a move that takes the opponent into the air and smashes them down. It's cool.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

torchie13125 wrote:
and it learns a move that takes the opponent into the air and smashes them down. It's cool.

A move that they better give Charizard in this gen, because it's something he's needed since the beginning.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yup.
He can learn it via TM 58 =)

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next