It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 
 Looking for spriters 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hello everyone. I'm posting this here today because I am looking for talented spriters. I've recently begun looking in a few places for people who would be willing to at least here me out, but many either never respond or say no. Before all hope is lost, please I ask that you read on. :P

I am currently actively involved in the development of a new Pokemon MMORPG. This game has been in the workings now for several months and is nearing its first alpha release. We have been hard at work for long time now, and we are showing no signs of slowing down. We have very high quality people in nearly every position that would need attention in a Pokemon MMORPG. All except for pixel artists, where we only have one at the moment.

I am recruiting people who like to be a part of something great. The internet is riddled with Pokemon MMOs that lack updates or actual game content worth playing, but this game is different. We are working extremely hard to make sure that all ends are met. If you would be at all interested in helping make a great game, please leave a note here or drop me a private message. Even if your just a beginning to make sprites or if you are a seasoned veteran, there is a place for you here. This is a great opportunity to grow and nurture your talents as a pixel artist.

I will not post any further information about the game itself as it is currently in close pre-alpha testing. Also, I am not here to put meaningless advertisements on this site.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:21 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Im a seasoned spriter ill be glad to help, if you want to look at some of my work, look through the compotiton curently on, My deviantart is full of pixles at the moment but seeing as you have one, no point looking there

Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837

Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:50 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

It sounds interesting, but I'm going on vacation soon. Well, that and I'm also more of a 'pwns at one or two things' artist than a 'jack of all trades' artist. In game creation, so many different sprites are needed, and I might disapoint you if I tried to make too many different kinds. Sorry, but I'll have to decline your invitation.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've been making sprites for about a year now (Not on psypokes, I've been here for a few months.) I am also starting to animate, as in the animated recolors in my Sunnyshore Market shop. I have a lot of time on my hands and would love some experiance in creating a game.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:41 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok cool. Thanks for your interest. We're really in need for spriters, so this means a lot to me.

Oh, also, I need to ask. Do you, or can you, make original sprites, like from scratch or do you do re-colors, edits etc? For several reasons, we really only want original, from scratch sprites.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I normally do recolors and fusions, but I've been tryng to make origional sprites.
I have to ask, are you planing on makeing a new region and new pokemon, or are you using the previous pokemon?

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ah, good question.

We will be using Pokemon, from generation 1 through generation 4.

The regions we use, however, will be completely original. We will be using 5 new regions each of which with the works.

No new or custom made Pokemon will be used.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay I think I get what we're doing here, and I'm ready!

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:01 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've been spriting for about 3 years now, I think i'll give it a try.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Novalis wrote:
I am currently actively involved in the development of a new Pokemon MMORPG.

Sure you are...

Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:21 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Great, thanks for the interest people. I'm gonna send you a PM with the appropriate info. I'll also add more details in the PM.

If anyone else is interested, please be sure to drop me a PM or post on this thread. I check back often so you wont be going unnoticed.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

pokemon_god wrote:
Novalis wrote:
I am currently actively involved in the development of a new Pokemon MMORPG.

Sure you are...

As project manager and head developer I'm glad we're all on the same page, lol.

Would also just like to say thanks for those showing genuine interest and I hope we can have fun working with you guys on the project, it's making great progress day by day and shows no sign of slowing, so we should be on to a real winner for those that wish to take part

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:47 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, adding on to this, we're really looking for more trainer and NPC sprites then we are Pokemon at the moment.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You guys should really talk to Equinoxe. He's made some of the best sprites and artwork i've seen on this site (and even though i've been spriting for a few months now, i'm not interested). btw, these guys seem to have a slogan/motto: "Never show signs of slowing down." something to think about....

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Nice Novalis you have announced this on Psypoke :D

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I noticed some of you applied on the forums but have yet to make any posts. D:

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:22 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey, just to let everyone know, we're still actively looking for willing people. There are still plenty of pixel artists staff positions left! Please let me know if you have any interest!

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:45 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I could do recolors and medeum fuisons (1-3 pokemon)

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

We don't need recolors and fusions. We need tiles and npc sprites.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:06 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

We're still really interested in possible help.

And as Steel has said, we aren't looking for re-colours or fusions.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i dont know if im a good spiriter i think im not.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:15 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Congrats! You are now a Necromancer too!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:50 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 22 posts ]