It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:17 am

Forum rules

ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Cortana is... 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cortana is by far one of my favorite Halo characters and it saddens me greatly to find out that she has reverted to rampancy after the events of Halo 3. Anyway discuss your thoughts and feelings of Cortana whether they just be comical. Also mods/admins feel free to move it where you deem it fit, I just thought it would get pretty silly and bad from some people.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

This picture completely ignores the fact that she's a hologram. /nerd rage
I never thought much of her in the games, but I honestly wasn't
paying much attention. I kind of like Auntie Dot from Halo reach more.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Not my picture I just liked and thought it would fit nicely here. Also Auntie Dot is like meh to me, this is Cortana's thread.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:47 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I've only played Halo and Halo 2 probably one or two times from start to finish, but all I remember of her (obviously not her name because I clicked this thread thinking "What the heck is a Cortana? Can you eat it?") is someone talking Chief's ear off, probably trying to make Halo seem as if it has some kind of actual plotline (which I ignored), meanwhile guns blazing and I'm completely ignoring her instead asking my friend for directions. I thought this picture was cute though:

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:56 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Cortana is the best character of the Halo series. Her absence for much of Halo 3 is one of the major reasons why it is easily the worst of the three original Halo games. The cutscene in which Chief and Cortana are reunited in Halo 3 is the best of the game and ALMOST makes up for the preceding level, which is by far the worst of the entire trilogy. Like, it's even worse than The Library in Halo 1 and that is saying a lot.

I also don't think Cortana has succumbed to rampancy at the end of Halo 3. The running theme of Cortana's lifespan is addressed in the novels and several events should have accelerated her to rampancy, such as when she created clones of herself and was examined by a Covenant AI in First Strike, not to mention however long she was stuck with Gravemind between Halo 2 and Halo 3. But her interactions with John after he rescues her in Halo 3 are normal and very much her, so it's possible that she was able to overcome the Rampancy stage to which Halo's AI constructs are subject.

Cortana provided most of the series' humor and that's why she's awesome. Plus, she is voiced by Jen Taylorgoddess, who also voiced Princess Peach for several years as well as Zoey from Left 4 Dead. <3

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I had no idea that the voice actor for Cortana did Zoey in L4D Frost. I liked that Cortana was absent through most of 3 because that gave Chief something to really work for and was his main driving force, at least in my opinion. But I agree I hate the Cortana level in Halo 3 it is horrible and annoying.

Still if you watch the Origins part of Halo Legends you see that Cortana is falling into the first stage of Rampancy when she is talking to Chief while he is in cryo sleep, though I don't have a video to show this but a lot of fansites com to this conclusion. Though I don't know how canonical that is to Halo universe. Cortana was snapped out of the Meloncholia stage when she was reunited with Chief as a lot of things indicated that she was in that stage, with her saying things like "I am merely only a shadow of my mother" and various other things throughout Halo 3's campaign.

I loved Cortana's humor and was my favorite character in all the main games, even surpassing Gravemind. Also Crunchy that picture is amazingly funny.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Crunchy wrote:
"What the heck is a Cortana? Can you eat it?"

I'm with you on that one, but I also briefly considered it being the name of a contortionist or something.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nope she is just a smart AI from the Halo games. But if you wanted to say she is a form of food go ahead. The title was meant to incite discussion.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
shinashu taji wrote:
Nope she is just a smart AI from the Halo games. But if you wanted to say she is a form of food go ahead. The title was meant to incite discussion.

Yeah, I knew that. I just haven't played Halo in a while, so I forgot.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
The cutscene in which Chief and Cortana are reunited in Halo 3 is the best of the game and ALMOST makes up for the preceding level, which is by far the worst of the entire trilogy. Like, it's even worse than The Library in Halo 1 and that is saying a lot.
I have to agree with you Frost, I actually shed tears of joy upon hearing "Keep your head down, there's two of us in here, remember." which a reference to what she says when you get damaged at any time during the first level in the first Halo, titled "The Pillar of Autumn".

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]