It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 To avoid some warnings 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I think it would be a good idea to just lock threads when posting would be considered necromancy, just to avoid unnescesary warnings. Not much, but it would end necromancy and cut down warnings.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I totally agree with you, Edoc'sil. Necromancy+people making newbies get yelled at by mods by leaving their threads unanswered makes me ticked off. (FYI, what I said is in Saffron topic.) Also, I wish that people wouldn't have to necromancy anyway. (It'd be funny if some Backfire buddies come here try a backfire on me.)
~torchie13125

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

That is a good idea, except for 2 problems. 1) It removes the opportunity for legitimate resurrection (which admittedly doesn't happen very often), and 2) that means Mods have to go through and lock every topic that gets old, even though most of them do not get necromanced. It's easier and less time consuming for us to just deal with necromancy when it happens.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay. I guess we were being ignorant about getting topics legitimately revived. Sorry. But I was wondering, what exactly is necromancy? From what I know, it's when you post like after a month or two after the previous post. Right?

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:56 pm
The Geek
The Geek

Necromancy is simply reviving a topic that is dead and gone, fully run its course, for no good reason. It's not just about bringing back an old topic, but about doing it in a way in which you contribute nothing that could legitimately REVIVE the topic.

In that sense, it's possible to necromance a topic that was posted yesterday; it's generally just called spam when you do that.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]