It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 BW Post-Release News and Discoveries - STAY ON TOPIC 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mr. Dude wrote:
Anyways, there's this item called a 'God Stone.' It's probably an event item to get one of the event legendaries, but is there any confirmation on what it does?

I think what you said is probably right. If its not Id be surprised.

Mr. Dude wrote:
I'm not planning on using him anyway. Most of my event Pokemon are just trophies to show my friends who can't get them.

Well arent you nice (not tryin to be mean). But I see this as a problem. Its really not fair to those who dont have a good source of WIFI. I think we should get ALL the pokemon in game, and then have tham as an event pokemon as a shiny/new skill/new moveset. That I would see as fair.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

CAUTION! Deep Thinking Ahead!!!

GofD wrote:
Well arent you nice (not tryin to be mean). But I see this as a problem. Its really not fair to those who dont have a good source of WIFI.

One of the old thing they used to do was make you drive hours(sometimes) to get to an event where you had to trade a pokemon for the event(a magikarp), so now days, it is great that we can get it with out all the driving and trading(we just say we want it and spend an extra 3 seconds in a pokemart). An example: me. for the first 2 years of useing psypoke for my in-game, i had no wi-fi. it was about 3 weeks before I joined the forums that we got wi-fi. So i was exstatic about it.

Over the past month i have worked on my competitive battlling, and after three years of all my friends having event pokeon and wi-fi thing, it is my turn to glote about how i can kick there @$$ in a battle. What i am trying to say is that you either glote now or later, but it will come no matter what(you aren't bad at everything you do).

GofD wrote:
I think we should get ALL the pokemon in game, and then have tham as an event pokemon as a shiny/new skill/new moveset. That I would see as fair.

But that would be bad for marketing. They(gamefreak/nintendo) get more money from events with exclusive pokemon not found in-game.

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@ Amber Mine

Good points, hard to argue with. Ok lets go with this, lets say that there's somthing along the lines of the GTS(I say this cause its the only way im able to trade) in B/W. This is good, but there's a problem. You can only trade for pokemon REGISTERED in your dex. Going on your points, how about gamefreak Lets us SEE the event legendaries so we can then trade for it via the GTS like system in B/W.

of course im a little one sided since I dont have very reliable WIFI.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@GofD: That would be nice, to be able to see the pokemon so you can trade.

TO GET BACK ON TOPIC:

The new abilities:
Justice Heart, increases attack by one stage if hit by a dark attack(Truly confirms that fighting is good and dark is bad)
Inconsistant, One stat goes up by two, another goes down one(this could work well with Baton Pass, if your lucky)
Multiscale, Halves damage recived if at full health("Cause we can)
Eccentric, Transforms into the opponant upon entering the battle(Only ditto can get this, so does it mean he nolonger need to wste a turn transforming)
Herbivore, If hit by a grass attack, insted of damage, attack goes up one(Awesome)
Pigeon Heart, Defence can't be lowered(B-A name)
Turboblaze/Terravoltage, can hit through abilities that hinder damage(*description died from an awesome name*)

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, I like the new abilites , excpet eccentric, kinda makes transform usless now. Of course I havent read all the new ability descriptions, but im likin what ive seen do far. I expecially like what they've done for the dream world abilites on some pokemon(givin rain dish to blastoise-sweetness) Of course ill have to play the game to see how all the new abilites stack up.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Amber Mine wrote:
Turboblaze/Terravoltage, can hit through abilities that hinder damage(*description died from an awesome name*)

I don't understand.
Why didn't they just give the mascots Mold Breaker?
I'm super curious as to what separates these.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
The Amber Mine wrote:

I don't understand.

Same here. The description is a little bland and obscure. As for givin them mold breaker, Ill pass. I dont want my legendaries to share the same ability again. On the flip side, they could've given mold breaker to the Ice dragon instead of preasure. Seriously preassure is overused on legendaries. (The dogs,birds, Gen 4 dragons, Mewtwo(?))

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
The Amber Mine wrote:

I don't understand.

Same here. The description is a little bland and obscure. As for givin them mold breaker, Ill pass. I dont want my legendaries to share the same ability again. On the flip side, they could've given mold breaker to the Ice dragon instead of preasure. Seriously preassure is overused on legendaries. (The dogs,birds, Gen 4 dragons, Mewtwo(?))

But I think that, at this point, it would have been unfair to the Gen V additions to not give at least one of them Pressure.
It's become a staple in Uber play, ya know? Sure, it's overused, but it's a fantastic ability.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
But I think that, at this point, it would have been unfair to the Gen V additions to not give at least one of them Pressure.
It's become a staple in Uber play, ya know? Sure, it's overused, but it's a fantastic ability.

Except that Trump Card is now exsistant....

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:
@ Amber Mine

Good points, hard to argue with. Ok lets go with this, lets say that there's somthing along the lines of the GTS(I say this cause its the only way im able to trade) in B/W. This is good, but there's a problem. You can only trade for pokemon REGISTERED in your dex. Going on your points, how about gamefreak Lets us SEE the event legendaries so we can then trade for it via the GTS like system in B/W.

1 if you have GTS you have enough wi-fi to receive event pokemon etc.
2. Many event only legendarys can't be traded over GTSany ways
3.Need Wi-fi? try McDonalds, 90% of them have free wi-fi, and don't say that there isn't one close to you, I've been to the middle of nowhere and they have Mcdonalds.
4.If your wi-fi at home is spotty then you..
-A. Need to configure your firewall/wireless router
-B. Try a different time of day when the wi-fi server isn't as crowded, right after school gets out in both Japan and USA are heavy loads

Back to topic
mold breaker removes ability that stops attack were as terravoltage only removes for damage
EX: A pokemon with Moldbreaker can put a pokemon with Insomnia to sleep, were as terravoltage can't

trump card still isn't good, It can only hit for 200 damage once
Pressure is a fairly good ability
As most of the best moves in the game have low PP, couple that with poor accuracy(I'm talkin evasion too, Smogon), a protect type attack and you can really mess with your foe.
Lugia (with bright powda) verse Palkia, protect, double team, palkia was screwed. recova just for the move that did hit, once He could only use struggle I blasted Him away Playa
Gangsta Talk, What What!
Thats Why I use......
PP Max!

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Trump Card can still get a 3HKO...Or a 2HKO if you have Technican...so it can be a move on a moveset if used right. And it's only tier to be used in is Uber, so it has to be good to make it...

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@ /vXv\

Thanks for clearing some of that WiFi stuff up. But, I REALLY dont feel like tryin to frig around with the router, thats how I cause problems...
Also, yeah I can get event legendaries (If I dont miss the dates). Plus I get error messages when I do WiFI in the poke center. And I dont like taking my Ds with me everywhere.

Back on topic:
/vXv\ wrote:

Back to topic
mold breaker removes ability that stops attack were as terravoltage only removes for damage
EX: A pokemon with Moldbreaker can put a pokemon with Insomnia to sleep, were as terravoltage can't

Ahh, ok. So if a pokemon has barrier up, and you use an attack with a pokemon with terravoltage, barriers affects are useless... Interesting.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

just abilities, not moves like protect

Example voltabsorb still protects you from thunderwave but not thunder
I wonder about abilities like solid rock they don't prevent damage they just reduce it...

Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
im pretty sure it would be unhindered, as for the whole eccentric thing, this could make ditto useful, for ingame purposes, to get you out of a tight spot, i dont see how it could be used competitively

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You don't see how Ditto could be used competitively?
Without it having to waste a turn to set up, it can switch in on its opponent to scout the intended strategy, as it learns the moveset and gets the stat-spread (minus HP).
There are so many Pokes that have a wide range of options, so it's nice to be able to figure out what they're up to.
For sweepers and powerhouses, you can stall the ones who can't significantly hurt themselves OR turn the tables on the ones who can't take what they dish out (that only requires a Choice Scarf so you can be sure you've got the speed necessary to outpace yourself).
Not to mention, it'd be a super fun lead, because EVERY battle you could give your opponent a taste of their own medicine.

I've always loved the Idea of {ditto} but he's never been strong enough to survive that initial turn it takes to set up.
I can't wait to get my hands on one this Gen.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
You don't see how Ditto could be used competitively?
Without it having to waste a turn to set up, it can switch in on its opponent to scout the intended strategy, as it learns the moveset and gets the stat-spread (minus HP).
There are so many Pokes that have a wide range of options, so it's nice to be able to figure out what they're up to.
For sweepers and powerhouses, you can stall the ones who can't significantly hurt themselves OR turn the tables on the ones who can't take what they dish out (that only requires a Choice Scarf so you can be sure you've got the speed necessary to outpace yourself).
Not to mention, it'd be a super fun lead, because EVERY battle you could give your opponent a taste of their own medicine.

I've always loved the Idea of {ditto} but he's never been strong enough to survive that initial turn it takes to set up.
I can't wait to get my hands on one this Gen.

I can understand what your saying Spoink, but im saying they should have done more with ditto. Now that Ditto can transform when he's sent in, him knowing transfrom is kinda useless. Gamefreak could've got rid of transform and have given ditto an attack that sticks around after transformation. Yes, I know theres probably problems with my idea, but for me, ditto is still only good for breeding purposes.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

but won't essentric not allow you to choose which pokemon you transform into? This only matters for double battles and triple battles. Which is what the VGWC will most likely use.

also it would make ditto able to be used defensivily, like say classic gyarados/electivire foe has electivire most likely will go for an electric attack sent in ditto to absorb the attack.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:06 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I never really liked Ditto...until just now. Eccentric is a great ability for him and a step in the right direction for slimy pink blobs everywhere.
One question on TurboBlaze and TeraVoltage. If, say, Pidgeot used Fly and Reshiram/Zekrom used, say, Earthquake while Pidgeot was in the air, it would hit? I know it would hit if Pidgeot didn't use Fly, but I'm not sure about moves that prevent certain damage.
GofD wrote:
@ Amber Mine

Highlight to view spoiler.
N has a Zoroark, so you at least get two event Pokemon (Zorua and Zoroark) off the GTS.
I'm not sure if the above should be in a spoiler tag, since people who don't want spoilers wouldn't come anywhere near this thread, but I'm putting it in a spoiler tag anyway. I'm also placing this in a spoiler tag for emphasis.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mr. Dude wrote:
One question on TurboBlaze and TeraVoltage. If, say, Pidgeot used Fly and Reshiram/Zekrom used, say, Earthquake while Pidgeot was in the air, it would hit? I know it would hit if Pidgeot didn't use Fly, but I'm not sure about moves that prevent certain damage.

No. becuse 1) Fly is a move, not an ability, and 2) Pidgeot is flying type, earthquake is ground, so type match-ups come in to play.

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

psydex wrote:
This Pokemon can hit through the opponent's abilities that hinder move damage.

So stuff like Thick Fat and Levitate, yeah?

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mr. Dude wrote:
I'm not sure if the above should be in a spoiler tag, since people who don't want spoilers wouldn't come anywhere near this thread, but I'm putting it in a spoiler tag anyway. I'm also placing this in a spoiler tag for emphasis.

good point but there are other ways to add emphasis

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
I guess that's how it works, so when ditto transforms, it mimics the opponents stats too?

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When a Ditto transforms it copies the stats of a Pokemon. It doesn't copy stat boosts like Swords Dance, or Claw Sharpen.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I just noticed, Iris and Shaga (the 8th gym leaders) have the EXACT same team!
I wonder why they bothered to make two different gym leaders for each game.
Do you think the opposite game's leader will appear in your game?
Where is the 8th gym located? Does this have something to do with it?
Do you develop a relationship with your game's leader throughout the storyline (similar to Lance/Cynthia)?

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

so in a triple battle if you switched out one of your pokemon for a ditto with his new ability, which of the opponent's pokemon will he transform into? do you get to choose or is it random?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next