It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Name You Wanted 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

old, but

Krisp wrote:
I wish my mom named me something unique or cool, like um...Alex.

I never knew you felt that way about me <3 =D

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My real name is Cameron, and I like it I took a full month AFTER I was born for my parents to name me that.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:53 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Quote:
Hmm... Amber Rose Brown? Is that your name?

No. Emnin Joft, I'm not being silly, that picture really DOES represent my name. I'm pretty sure I got the colors 100% accurate so a photoshop nerd could easily figure out my entire name.

Quote:
My real name is Cameron, and I like it I took a full month AFTER I was born for my parents to name me that.

That is an awesome name, I love it. I wish I had that name, you're so lucky.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:06 am
Profile WWW
pokemon_god wrote:
I wanted was either Hunter or Ray. I love those 2 names! So what about you? What name did you always wanted?

I'm named Ray, well, Raymond and I hate it for two reasons: 1) "Everybody Loves Raymond" ruined my life when I was little and 2) I'm named after my father, and I'm not really too fond of my father. >_>

If I had to choose my own name I would probably pick something like Damien or Devon, those were names that always appealed to me. But at least I have an awesome nickname, so that works for me!

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:

That is an awesome name, I love it. I wish I had that name, you're so lucky.

Thanks Marigold Fushia? Olive?

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
actually I've got a pretty cool name thinking about it, my name is Faris which is Arabic for Knight, though not quite like the British knights we all know and love, Forsan(plural for Faris) are pretty much the best soldiers in the army, honourable, loyal, brave, the whole package, so therefore they got to ride horses into battle, but the thing about the horses is that they were Arabic stallions, which are to this day the best horses in the world, and it took great effort to train, therefore it was a big deal to be a Faris...like me :)

but if I were to choose a cool name, I guess it would be Salvatore Shaddix B)

Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:54 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Edited: didnt realise i already posted, ignore this.

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Brianna Lynn. (first, middle) I shudder when I hear it.

I want it to be Daniel Scott for many reasons and plan to change it to that when I'm of-age to do so.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

pokemon_god wrote:
I wanted was either Hunter or Ray. I love those 2 names! So what about you? What name did you always wanted?

My name is Hunter, actually! So thank you, for loving my name. lol. I do like my name, and pretty much all my relatives call me Hunt. I got it because my mom thought it was a cool name and, at the time, knew NOBODY named Hunter. apparently it was an uncommon name back then. still kinda is. i'm the only hunter in my grade, so it's nice. but i'm a twin, and my mom said that if i didn't come out first, then my name would've been jamison, because she decided no matter what, they're names will be hunter and jamison. and my sister ended up being jamison, so that worked out. The only thing is though some of my friends have decided that i'm not a Hunter, i'm a gatherer (Year One reference) so they call me Gathers. they even got a teacher to call me that for about a week. lmao.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Zombie wrote:
actually I've got a pretty cool name thinking about it, my name is Faris which is Arabic for Knight

Well, that's a pretty good name you have. My name are taken from Arabic language (My religion is Islam), that means "The Forgiving Prophet". I don't want to change my name, but i want to have a nickname like Ray or Ryan.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
My name is Hunter, actually! So thank you, for loving my name.

Son of a! lol. I'm not really into the name 'Ray' anymore. I'm actually starting to like the name 'Mark' now. I dunno, something about the name I really like.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:25 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I will not disclose my name but it has no meaning, is uncommon and just bleh.
I would love to be called Bella, Paige, Magenta, Luna, or anything beautiful and/or has a beautiful meaning.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

To protect my identity to Identity thefts/Terorists/stalkers/rapists i wil not give any par of my real name, but if i could chose my own name, annyone who knows me would call me Rick. no doubt about it.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I like my name, but I have strange parents.
I have 2 brothers and 1 sister and ALL of us have JC as part of our initials.
Also I wish that one famous guy who's got the same name as me wasn't like hated by
pretty much everyone in my age group. I've also never liked the weirdo nicknames girls have given me.

oh anyway yeah here's the rundown

Aaron Joshua-Li (yes it's hyphenated)
Justin - older brother
Jesse - Little brother
Melanie Jean - my sister, she's the oldest.

anyway yeah weirdo parents man, for some reason they hyphenated my middle name
for no reason that i've ever been told. it's weird when people ask me about it.
our family name is Carter so yeah we're all of us JC, they never explained that to my satisfaction either.
I ask my dad about it from time to time, and he just says it's coincidence but seriously all 4 of us??? I don't think so.
I just go by my first name though, most people don't even know my middle name unless they
see my ID, which is rare 'cuz it's a horrible picture. I had the flu that week :(.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My name is so Asian that no one's going to ever know how to pronounce it (only four letters and all that trouble? Forget it!) I'm absolutely not disclosing my name. However, as I have told some people in another thread (not sure what), I'm a South Korean, and no, I'm not a technology geek (I wish, though...) If I could choose my name, I'd want to be May. Why? I like the spring (but my birthday's in December), and because I'm currently obsessed with Pokemon, especially Emerald Version. I LOVE POKEMON! I just had to get that off my chest. Anyway, I envy my brother, because his name looks so much like a pretty common first name. BTW, I'll only reveal his first name. His name is... *drum roll* Isak. As it looks somewhat similar to the much more common name, Isaac, he's decided to have his name pronounced that way. (Really, his name is pronounced I-sak, where the "i" is pronounced like "ee"in the word "been", and sak is pretty much the same way as "sock", except with the short "a" sound.)
How's that?
~torchie13125

Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

my name is ok well my nick name Jerry or JAY being my full name is Jerard Aaron Y. if my first name was spelt right Gerard my intals well you can draw your own concludsion i love my middle name Aaron i wouldnt complain not being name where my intals are JAY

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Bug type user (LOL) but i have been becoming more fond of being Chris. chriss realy fits me beter.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, i still, want the name "Ray", but i started to consider adding a Japanese name. And after thinking for a while, i want the name "Kazuhira", but i still want the name "Ray". And the result, Ray Kazuhira.

P.S. torchie and Anamator/Steelbound know about this name.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:18 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
The only reason I don't like my name that it's basically the same as my dad. My name is Iain, my dad is Ian, he always lets me answer first when either of us is called and on the subject of calling, answering the phone and they are wanting to speak to Ia(i)n I always have to explain every time. Iain is a very exotic name, it means John in Gaelic.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:27 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

torchie13125 wrote:
My name is so Asian that no one's going to ever know how to pronounce it (only four letters and all that trouble? Forget it!) I'm absolutely not disclosing my name. However, as I have told some people in another thread (not sure what), I'm a South Korean, and no, I'm not a technology geek (I wish, though...)
Being Korean, you have two "first" names, or something like that, right? Are they really that bad? Don't you have an Anglicized name? A male Korean I know has a commonly feminine Korean name but prefers to be called Dan. You have nothing like that?

Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Four letters, and two capitals. I decided to put my name as one word because it'd be weird if I had a name that was two letters per part. Anyway, I guess you could call me Bona. That comes from St. Bonaventure (I'm a girl, and that's a guy, so my mom shortened it all the way down to Bona.) I'm Catholic, so I sometimes will allow myself to be called Bona, as it's my baptismal name. Oh, and I live in the United States of America, not in Korea. I came here in 2002, so well, I'm really good at English now. (BTW, I decided to give my name to the public, as Psypoke has won my trust. It's BoNa. See any similarities? Yes! That's right. BoNa and Bona. Pretty much the same. So, that's why my mom decided my baptismal name should be Bona, so I could have a somewhat Anglicized name if I needed to, without changing my name drastically.)

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I actually like my first name. It's short and sweet but also unique- easy to spell and easy to remember. My middle name is pretty common, which I don't like, but I never use it anyway, so who really cares? A name's only purpose is to let people know who is being talked to or about, so above all else it should be recognizable and different. But at the same time, it doesn't mean anything until you make it mean something.

It's my general policy not to give out any part of my real name online.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:30 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

My first name is pretty common, but I don't hate it. I only get annoyed when I think somebody's talking to me but they're actually talking to somebody else... it happens to me at least three times a week.

If I had to pick another name, hm. I like the names Sofia, Carmen and Alice. I can't really see any of them being "me", though. :(

Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
My name is Dean, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. My only poblem is my nicknames (not going to post.), but I don't know what name that I'd rather have. My middle is very unique, and I love it. Finaly, my last name I like but is associated with something else a bit to often. :( I WILL NOT share those, however.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My name is Mason, I've liked it for being unique and I've yet to meet anyone my age with it. I've once met a boy and girl with my name but they were toddlers, apparently it is becoming more popular in recent years.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next