It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Pen pals 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dear Reader,

I always get caught up in procastinating, I don't think I'll ever get anywhere in life. I'm meant to be writing a report at the moment detailing residential construction and typical methods of brick veneer construction but I can't bring myself to do it. I have another 2,000 words to go and its due in less than 12 hours. I'll finish it of course but I won't get sleep. It's midnight at the moment. I never get enough sleep. How are you going at school? How did you go at school? I thought school was OK. If you ever write back I'd tell you how school was for me. It wasn't too bad but like everyone else out there I always felt I was bigger than what I really was, and the reason why I hated it was because school

Anyway things with me are OK - I'm 20 and I'm studying at university at the moment - my life plan is a mess at the moment and I don't really want to think about it. I have two jobs at the moment - I tutor maths and I also do sales (even though I'm really bad at it). What do you do to earn money? What's your dream job? I don't really intend to do this forever, one day I'm going to be an architect but at times I just want to drop it all and be a self made businessman or something. Or a rockstar. Isn't it nice to dream? I really love just sitting back on my couch imagining myself in the papers. Do you do that too or am I a little strange?

What's your favourite colour? Mine is blue. I don't know why I'm more attached to blue. Lately though I'm really liking red because it stands out and is a little bolder. I feel like a traitor to blue now. Oh well, life goes on.

Oh and funny story that happened before: my dad cracked it at me because he said I used too much of our internet allowance. We only get 20gbs a month, which is no where near enough. Anyway I thought it was funny because I'm LAME. HAR HA HARRRRRRRR.

What I really want to get though is a gym set. I hate going to the gym even with my friends because everyone there is really big and they look like they can send me flying with a breath. Even though most of them are really cool its still a bit intimidating kinda like gyarados (and see if this was a real letter I'd draw you a picture of Gyarados. Because I'm that cool. Not really.. :( )

But yeah, I really want a real pen pal with actual letters and stamps and all that jazz. So yes if you want message me and I'll actually send you real letters. And no I'm not going to come over and rape you because a) I have better things to do (ie, refresh my facebook page, go have a pull etc..) and b) I'm not forking out $2k to go and visit you because I live no where near you (unless you live in like fiji or something). I don't mind doing this over email too but... it makes this less real :(

So if you've ever had a real pen pal can you can tell me about it whilst I drool in envy.. but until then I'll just let this go unnoticed... (oh God please someone reply)

From
DragonPhoenix

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I never had a Pen Pal, but I always kinda wanted one, though I would never know what to say though. So sure if you want a Pen Pal I could be your Pen Pal. I believe you won't come rape me as I am sure that a)you are not gay, b) that you actually have better things to do, and c) other people on Psypoke actually have me on their Facebook and know where I live etc... and they haven't come to get me yet. So I guess yes I will be your Pen Pal.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I remember my 4th grade Pen Pal. I can't remember her name, but I remember her father owned a restaurant, and she sent some pictures of them at the restaurant. I was jealous because at that point in my life, one of my insane job wants was to own my own restaurant. I want to say her name was Marissa, or started with M. and she lived in Wichita, Kansas. Not too far from here, I think we should have had pen pals farther away, but our school is cheap. :P

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:54 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I never had a pen pal though I would have liked to have had 1 but with E-mail being around & the fact that I don't really know anyone that lives that far away from me, I most likely won't have 1 in the future either plus I don't like actually writing that much...

Sounds like something nice though...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I wanted to be pen pals with my cousin in California, but it never worked. I'm sort of pen pals through one of my mutual friends, and we usually talk over Facebook. She is in High School, and she does not live far from me. I have never had a real, mailing pen pal though.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't think E-Mailing really has that kind of sincerity in it though. Pen Pals is so much cooler to me, when you sit write your own letter and mail it off to someone, sure you may have to pay for the stamps, but its a good experience. I wish I would've kept those letters. I would want to have another Pen Pal.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

We all had in-town pen pals when I was in first grade. I only remember mine having to do with spiders? No clue.

Since I've started to learn Russian (hard language!) I've thought that having a pen pal would be a great way to practice a language. I have no idea how I would go about that though. Anyone know?

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Since this is revived, I had a Pen Pal in 4th grade, when our whole class was assigned a random person in Uganda, Africa. It was nice, but we weren't allowed to A) keep our letters or B) use our own addresses, we had to use the school's and they had to use theirs. So after 4th grade ended and we only sent one letter to one another, it ended. Since they could write rough English, that's how we communicated for that one letter each.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]