It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 ShinyLucario's Art Gallery *REVIVED* 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

⋆★⋆ShinyLucario's Art Gallery⋆★⋆

Every good art gallery needs to be clean and organized, so I've finally given this place a complete overhaul. Enjoy and comment!

Sprites
Entries in Official Fan Art Contests:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Cragonair (my 1st recolor, surprisingly came in 2nd place in C06!)/Duspix (1st place in C07!)/Lumiking (C08)/Tropiram (for C09 but too late to enter)
Ground-type Beartic (C10)/Gardevoir Trainer (C13, extra Shiny version)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Azuling (1st decent sprite, though dangerously similar to someone else's sprite...)/Sphitty/Goldfin (shows how bad I was at scratching)/Shaychiris/Baipom/
Gentrode/Gastorb/Togemoth/Togemoth's Chocolate-covered Cousin
Image Image Image Image
NEW! Liecatty/Eelektail/Stantnats/Sunrubi
Image Image
A nonsensical centaur with a nonsensical battle scene
Image Image
Sprite versions of Jester's Arbiken Image & Lt. Beefloaf's basilisk Image
Requests
Royal Charizard (King_Charizard)

Banners/Signatures
My first banner/siggy, huzzah!
Software: Pain.NET
Lucario art: PEARL MODE
Font: Windlass, from dafont.com
The rest: Me
Pokemon art: Dream World
Software: Paint.NET
Click Here!
Black/White wallpaper, feel free to download and use! (Don't claim as your own, of course.)
Art: Ken Sugimori
Logos: No idea who exactly. Let's go with Property of Pokemon which is Property of Game Freak which is Property of Nintendo.
NEW! Made to commemorate my first Hall of Fame in life, featuring my LeafGreen champion team
Software: GIMP 2
Art: Ken Sugimori
Floral brush: ...someone
Font: Windlass
NEW! My proud and joy, definitely one of the best things I've ever made on my computer
Software: GIMP 2
Pixel art: Pokemon+Nobunaga's Ambition/Pokemon Conquest
Brush: ...another someone
Font: Jungle from dafont.com

Super-Ancient Stuff
For the sake of showing how noobish I was when I started, maybe?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Leafeoh/Luquaza/DiaPalGir/Super Garchomp/Burning Torterra/King Torterra

Last edited by ShinyLucario on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

WOW! these are very good! But do you know how to recolor? if you recolor the parts that you're attaching to the base of the sprite, it looks a lot more connected, rather than pieces just put together. but none the less, these are still good sprites! You should enter Mektar's contest!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Like all novice spriters, you're a little too ambitious. You should start small, with small pokemon fusions. Also, you need to recolor your sprites. It will make them look so much better.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:56 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, they're very good, but you need to learn how to recolor them. (PS, enter my contest, I only need one more aplicant. A baby sprite fusion will be good practice for you.)

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

pretty good so far, and you're using transparency, which is good. like the others, i recommend starting small, then getting a bit more complex with it later on. my fave is the first one.

please enter mektar's contest lol.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks for all the responses! I made some new sprites a few days ago but the network was too bad for me to post anything...
I took your advices & finally went to learn recolor in GIMP...It was eye-hurting to get all the colors but after a few tries I was able to do it better.
Since you all encouraged my to enter Mektar's contest, I entered with this fossilized Cragonair. Though it may appear funny it's actually my first fused AND recolored sprite!
And since you said to start small, I made this Azuling...surprisingly easily. And I see why it's better to start small.
And this is just a centaur I made when I was bored...It turned out quite better than I expected!
So what do you think? And BTW I'm out of ideas now...Can anyone give suggestions for me to practice?

Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ShinyLucario wrote:
And since you said to start small, I made this Azuling...surprisingly easily. And I see why it's better to start small.

Excuse me, but this sprite is almost way too close to this one that I used for Mektar's contest:
Just saying...

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:29 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I LOLed at the Rileyhorse. Keep up the good work!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:10 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Steel_Eel wrote:
ShinyLucario wrote:

Excuse me, but this sprite is almost way too close to this one that I used for Mektar's contest:
Just saying...

Oops, what a coincidence! Honestly, I didn't get my idea from your sprite - maybe its just such a good combination that our sprites sort of clashed.
PS: Can anyone provide ideas? I'm pretty drained...

Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ShinyLucario wrote:
Steel_Eel wrote:
ShinyLucario wrote:

Just saying...

Oops, what a coincidence! Honestly, I didn't get my idea from your sprite - maybe its just such a good combination that our sprites sort of clashed.
PS: Can anyone provide ideas? I'm pretty drained...
They are both round...

Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

how about a.... simple recolor to make the pokemon seem like its made of gold or something?? things like that are good practice. other than that, keep up the good work!!

Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

tri a fighting and a legend

Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hello I'm back with some sprites...Like I said before, I'm pretty out of ideas so I won't make much sprites...
This is the Duspix to enter Mektar's new contest requiring an icon fusion
This is Sphitty - Another go at cute PMs. Actually the tail still need to be shaded more but I'm feeling lazy to work...
I'm currently working on funny battle scenes featuring my ridiculous sprites...^^

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:10 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

GREAT NEWS & some new sprites!
I entered Mektar's fossil PM contest with this Cragonair. When I entered I just wanted to enter for fun (not to mention to show my first fusion + recolor to the world). Guess what? It won 2nd place! Being a budding spriter, I was encouraged by this fact! (Coincidentally, the 1st place is won by Jester's Cranite (Rampardos + Dragonite)which happens to be a fusion evo of my entry!)
Later, Mektar hold another contest - this time to fuse icons. Again, I entered for fun with Duskpix. Drum roll please...IT WON 1ST PLACE! I never expected this to happen!
For quite a long time I'm out of ideas & was too lazy to sprite. But again Mektar's 8th contest cheered me up! Sometimes having certain criteria is better than having to search in an ocean of thousands of sprites for a combination...Anyway this time we need to fuse 2 PM from the same egg group. I entered with Lumiking:
We don't know the results yet but I have a lot of tough 'rivals' - works of Jester, Jaypokes, Lt. Beefloaf just seem a lot more creative & seamless than my Lumiking...& I also had a tough time coloring its lips.
When searching for ideas, I also came up with the idea of making fusion evos - in this case, Goldfin! But it looks pretty horrible, isn't it? On the bright side, it shows that I have plenty of room for improvement. Plenty & plenty of them.
Here's Shaychiris - Looks really cute! At least this can cheer me up after the disastrous Goldfin...
Oh by the way, here's the funny Centaur battle scene! Enjoy ^^
Please give comments, suggestions, & constructive criticism on my works! Also suggest some ideas for me to work on too!

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:11 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

lol at the battle scene. Shaychiris is really cute. one reason why Goldfin may have looked weird is the fact that I see a few shading problems with the main body. Keep up the great work!

Sprite Collection

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks Thundawave for your compliments! Maybe I'll fix Goldfin next time with different body colors...my scratching isn't too good to 'disguise' it as Finneon.
I'm currently working on some ideas & I hope I can make enough to post them as a patch. I'm also waiting for permission to convert 2 icons made by Jester & Lt. Beefloaf respectively into sprites.
By the way, if the DP font is different from the RSE font, can anyone provide it as a downloadable font? That way I can make more realistic (not to mention hilarious) battle scenes.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:57 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

http://www.dragonflycave.com/hgssspritegen.aspx
This site will help you get ideas. just press the generate button and it will give two Pokemon. try to mix the first ones that pop up, this should help you with ideas.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Actually, the reason that I only used the random generator for spriting once is that sometimes the results can't blend naturally (Imagine when Dialga & Ditto pops up) but maybe I'll give it a go next time - Tough challenges is what trains one's skills!
Firstly, here's Baipom - a funny combo I discovered when looking through my folder. I've made 2 versions - one with the fluff of hair on its head but I found it a bit weird & made another version. Please tell me which one is better!
Image With hair
Image WithOUT hair
And now...I presents...Basilisks based on Jester & Lt. Beefloaf's entries for Mektar's contest (Used with permission)! Drum roll please...
Here's Jester's Arbiken icon...
...And my sprite version!
Here's Lt. Beefloaf's basilisk...
Actually I modified Arbiken a bit (as you can see in the icon, the fur is originally white at the front & purple at the back). Other than that, making these sprites are super fun! But I don't know yet what their original spriters will think about their sprites...
Too bad I'm probably not going to sprite my Duskpix - It's fine as a top-down view icon but weird as a front sprite.
Anyway, what do you think about my sprites?

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

dude, you're improving by leaps and bounds. in fact, i'd say that you're probably better than i am, lol (as far as sprites go; i'd have to see any sigs you make to judge other stuff)

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:21 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I most defiantly like your sprite, the arms seem a bit awkward, but i can see why they would be, they are in a bit of an awkward position on his body. The color flows and the body parts fit together fluently (again the arms are an understandable exception.) Very nice work, you have most defiantly improved much from your earlier works. Good job.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:21 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ShinyLucario wrote:
I presents...Basilisks based on Jester & Lt. Beefloaf's entries for Mektar's contest (Used with permission)! Drum roll please...
Here's Jester's Arbiken icon...

Not bad, se eyou had the same problem as me, cos arbok's tail is thicker than blazikens tunic, that being said very good,

Also sice you plugged your gallery on my topic, i shall do some advertising too: Jester's Artistic Court Recently Updated

Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry for not updating for sooooo long (Hope I'm not 'necromancing' now)! My warmest thanks to everyone for your replies!
I haven't made much sprites recently (Though I have 2 uncompleted works of Amphardos/Dragonite & Grotle/Heatran) but I thought how using 'regular' sprites in my avatar & sig isn't going to promote my sprites, & ended up with my first sig! Drumroll please...
Made with: Paint. NET (I'm not too used to GIMP yet)
Lucario image from: http://pearlsaurus.fc2web.com/elog.html
The rest: Made by yours truly
Ok, so there are a few things to say...
-Next time I should find a good picture for the background. Anyone know where I can find a good background like Rex09's with matching colors without having to look through the endless pictures on Google?
-Should I recolor the Lucario to make it shiny-colored? (Actually, I like Lucario's regular colors just fine.)
-The white dots around Lucario are so irritating! When I used magic wand to remove the white background it turned out perfectly, but the second I resize it disaster struck. How do I fix that?
-What do you think about this sig, where can I improve further, etc etc?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I really don't think anything should be edited. It looks fine as it is.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Not much work lately...But I discovered that at Spriter's Resource in the Black/White section there are Pokemon parts! I have no idea how anyone can put them into animated sprites but those are certainly great for fusions! Since they already took the Pokemon apart, I just take the parts & stick them on another Pokemon!
Anyway, what I'm going to post here is a poster I've made for Werewolf XV! (Coincidentally, I just found out that Thundawave also made a signature advertising Werewolf XV)
Pokemon art: Dream World
Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this poster! I can't believe that I got used to Paint.NET features so quickly.
Side note: Sorry to people who aren't included in this 'group photo'. I just can't squeeze so many PM in.
Feedbacks are greatly appreciated!

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Awesome! I LOVE it! Are you going to use it as your sig?

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next