It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Generation V - Black, White, and ??? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

They made it very obvious that there will be a third edition of Black and White. First of all, there always was one: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. Secondly, you only get Reshiram in Black and Zekrom in White, and whenever there was a case like that, there's always been a game where we can get both - take Dialga and Palkia, or Groudon and Kyogre. So the only way to get the second one is by trading but stupid people on the GTS ask for level 100 Celebi and stuff.

I could imagine the third game being called Gray, and maybe you can go to Black City, White Forest, and a gray sort of town. And, you know how the old man is the 8th gym leader in Black and Iris is the 8th gym leader in White? Maybe you can battle both of them. What do you think it will be called? What other features do you think it will have?

Credit goes to Baby~Eevee for avatar!

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

it's problably not going to be gray. i didnt think Platnum was going to be platnum, i thought it was going to be, like topaz or some other yellow gem.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I guess it will be named Chrome or whatever. I don't really know about it.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, i'd bet $$$ on that.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:47 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Well, I made a joke in another thread that it would be called Pokemon Mexican, but that won't happen.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:35 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I'm guessing Cyan...if I was able to give 2 guesses then I would say it is either going to be Cyan or Gray though I have my money on Cyan more so then Gray...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:11 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

People jump right away to mixing the colors to derive the name, but that won't necessarily be the case. Look at generation 1: mixing red and blue yields purple, not yellow (though to be fair, red and green does make yellow on computers). Rather, yellow completes the trio of primary colors.

Consider that the 3rd version won't be a mixture (since none of the other ones are anyway), but instead a complement to the others. If I had to guess, I would say something related to transparency. Black and white are the current opposite ends of the spectrum for 3 channel colors. If we add in the alpha channel, then you can make more of a square, with transparent black and transparent white being the other ends. However, you won't be able to tell the difference between 2 colors if they have 100% transparency, so those might as well be the same. It seems to make a nice little triangle to me.

Not saying my delusions are more valid than anyone else's, but might as well bounce ideas.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Chrome would seem like a good name. I agree.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Serpentsounds wrote:
People jump right away to mixing the colors to derive the name, but that won't necessarily be the case. Look at generation 1: mixing red and blue yields purple, not yellow (though to be fair, red and green does make yellow on computers). Rather, yellow completes the trio of primary colors.

Consider that the 3rd version won't be a mixture (since none of the other ones are anyway), but instead a complement to the others. If I had to guess, I would say something related to transparency. Black and white are the current opposite ends of the spectrum for 3 channel colors. If we add in the alpha channel, then you can make more of a square, with transparent black and transparent white being the other ends. However, you won't be able to tell the difference between 2 colors if they have 100% transparency, so those might as well be the same. It seems to make a nice little triangle to me.

Not saying my delusions are more valid than anyone else's, but might as well bounce ideas.

Hmmm, but what would you call something like that?? Pokemon transparent?? Pokemon Alpha (alpha channel)?? but it does make sense.

Also, Chrome, Gray, etc, seem to be the most popular ideas, solely based off of what i've seen in other threads.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:10 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I gave my guesses solely based off of the pokemon I though would make the cover, Kyuremu...as I can't really guess based off of anything else...well, 1 of the Fighting Type Legendary pokemon could make the cover but then I still won't have any idea what it would be called...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:33 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Of course there will be new attacks and abilities and such. I wonder if the trainers will get a makeover?

Highlight to view spoiler.
The storyline for B&W is that some guy N wants to control Reshiram/Zekrom depending on your version. Maybe he would want to control BOTH? Or Randorosu? Or Kyuremu? What do you think?

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

pokemon crystal would fit nice but they already made it xD

(and it was the greatest pokemon game ever so... ya)

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:48 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

rex09 wrote:
Hmmm, but what would you call something like that?? Pokemon transparent?? Pokemon Alpha (alpha channel)?? but it does make sense.

Also, Chrome, Gray, etc, seem to be the most popular ideas, solely based off of what i've seen in other threads.

I'm not the most creative person, but some possibilities are Pokemon Transparent, Translucent, Clear, Lucid, Glass, etc. Or they could get fancy and make Pokemon Diaphanous! :O

Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:16 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Better idea: Pokemon Plasma

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Serpentsounds wrote:
Glass

^this

definitely beats gray, that's for sure.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mektar wrote:
Well, I made a joke in another thread that it would be called Pokemon Mexican, but that won't happen.

[atomic explosion/] that's HULARIUS! (no offence). but back to topic. Glass sounds stupid. black whie and GLASS! (Uber-epic moment)but it's bound to be a color. there's no geting around it.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Kyuremu is going to be the mascot.
But are they seriously going to call it gray?

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gen 1- red,blue,yellow
Gen2-gold,silver,crystal
Gen3-ruby,sahppire,emerald
Gen4-pearl,diamond,platinum
Gen5-black,white,(grey)

For me, grey is the best fit. It just works.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:56 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

you heard the man, grey.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, it's bound to be a color, that's for sure. The problem is guessing what color. Since the white Reshiram is in Pokemon Black and the black Zekrom is in Pokemon White, we can assume that the gray and blue Kyuremu (If you think Kyuremu won't be the mascot, you need help.) will not be in Pokemon Gray. There's already been Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Black, and White, so it won't be any of those. So the only three colors left that would make sense at the moment are Orange, Purple, and Brown. GameFreak would never be desperate enough to make a Pokemon Brown, so that's out. (Who would even buy Brown in the first place?) With white looking completely different from black, we can assume that the color will not look similar in any way to gray or blue. PURPLE IS HALF BLUE!!! Therefore, I am fully expecting a Pokemon Orange to hit stores near you in several years.
Or maybe they'll flip the letters on us and make a Pokemon Gary. If this happens, I will buy the game just to pee on the box.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Anamator wrote:
Glass sounds stupid. black whie and GLASS! (Uber-epic moment)but it's bound to be a color. there's no geting around it.

to you it may sound stupid. but serpentsounds' reasoning backed it up for me. i don't think that's what it'll be, but i definitely wouldn't mind. and, also, how can you go from diamond and pearl, which are precious gems, to platinum, a metal?? even though it's a valuable one, it doesn't match the other two; so it's still a possibility that the third might not be a color.

*checks previous posts* you even supported chrome, which isn't a color, lol.

my basic point isn't to bash Anamator/Steelbound, but that you can't really just assume anything, when we don't have anything to base those assumptions off. sorry if i offended anyone, just trying to make a point here.
EDIT: 900 posties

Last edited by rex09 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:38 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Mektar wrote:
Better idea: Pokemon Plasma

This is also a possible name I had it as being along with the other 2 though I assume it might be Plasma based on theme of the game seeing as they have this Nature to Technology contrast & all, that being said, I have no clue why I came to this conclusion but I did so whatever...

1. Cyan (not the most unique blue but possible by all means)
2. Gray (hate it but possible)
3. Plasma (might be confusion on some level but it is what it is so...)

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

While gray may not be the greatest or popular of the colours, in my head it makes perfect sense. With both the versions having such incredible differences, a game that utilizes both in a grand mixture would come off smoothly with a title to represent it well. Black and White being such opposites have gray as a great neutrality. With such, a dual-world balance could easily be found, though, this is simply going off of the title.

Though, that's not to be said that they couldn't turn around and release Poke'Mon: Brickhouse with the exact same concept in mind for game-play. Though I'd have to say with the theme they have going with the games, Gray or some similar sort of colour would be much more plausible for a release title than anything else I've previously read.

From a marketing stand-point, they could name it 'brown' and people would still buy it. There's too many dedicated players out there to not at the very least purchase the game and play it before calling it 'crap' and returning it to the store for their money, or at the very least destroy it in some self-satisfying way for those that it pleases.

Plus, if the game's awesome and beats out all the rest, who really cares what it's named? A good game is a good game.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm quite sure that the third game will be called Pokemon Grey (or Gray for the Americans).

Highlight to view spoiler.
In the Pokemon Adventures manga, the three names of the three protagonists in the Isshu saga are named Black (the guy lead depicted in BW), White (the girl lead depicted in BW) and Grey (the rival with glasses in BW). So far, every Pokemon game has been named after the three protagonists from each saga of the manga.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:29 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OK, now i really did think that it will be Grey. Even if i thought that Chrome was better but, oh well.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next