Quote:
Me
so im supposed to be writing an essay about myself

what should i write about ;o

9:12pmAshanti
pocket monsters

and me

holy ****

do you know how impressed they'd be if you wrote a GOOD paper about psypoke?

9:13pmMe
who, the scholarship people or frost and krisp?

o/

actually thats not a half bad idea

9:13pmAshanti
both

9:15pmMe
the question is who to do it without looking like a guy who spends every waking moment on the internew

net

9:18pmMe
think i should ask people for their opinions?

on psypoke i mean

only im not sure what i should ask them to say

9:18pmAshanti
well

talk about them as your friends

as living, breathing human beings

but just through the veil of the internet

like confession

which you should totally use that anology, get some serious Catholic points (that is, "[serious Catholic] points" as well as "serious [Catholic points]"

9:20pmMe
the problem is that i have to fit into about a 8x5 inch space

actually, i'll use this for my college app essays

aj you are brilliant

<3

ive been wondering what the **** i should write about for months now

9:20pmAshanti
You're really using that?

9:20pmMe
this is so obvious

9:21pmAshanti
****, I'm gonna log on right now

9:21pmMe
yeah!

9:21pmAshanti
Hellllllllllll yeah

So yeah. I need to write an essay about psypoke. My general idea is to talk about how psypoke has shaped and defined me as a person, talking about how i became more confident, more personable, etc through my online interactions and how thats translated to me in real life.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for in responses to this, so i guess I'll leave it open to you. If you have anything to say - about psypoke, me, essays - anything at all that relates to this, feel free to mention it.

Last edited by EvilPenguin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ha like I said, cool legumes. I really like the idea. Talking over Facebook with you has given me a glimpse as to what kind of a person you are. I think something that you should put in the essay is something along the lines of, how Psypoke has helped you cooperate with people that you normally would not cooperate with.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If I can write a speech about "Star Trek", than you can write an essay on Psypoke. Interesting fact, the Star Trek speech got an amazing grade, and so did an essay I wrote by quoting "Stairway to Heaven".

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:50 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

EvilPenguin and Pelli have both grown up a lot on Psypoke and it'd be cool if you wrote about the community and/or website. If you write anything about me or Frost, just don't say we're pricks or something, I'd be really sad and angry if you did that. :(

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I don't think you guys are pricks :(

Also, I promise to post up the finished copy on here once I'm done. Dunno when that will be though.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Don't post any bad crap about me... Although, there is no really bad crap about me on Psypoke...

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, there's pretty much things that you could write about Psypoke. And i don't think that you'll write anything bad about it. You could write about the admin, the mods, the people who often here, and many others.

Well, good luck with your essay EP. And i really hope that it could get a good grade.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mention meeeeeeeeeeeeee :0

And your continuous quest FOAR BATTULZ.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, you could write about how psypokes is a medium for people who share the same love and joy for a certain game. Or how it allows people to discuss there opinons in a safer enviornment than other sites. Or how psypokes is able to share a wealth of knowledge. I mean there's a lot of things you could write about. Im not the greatest essay writer out there, but just try your best, sometimes you even surprise yourself. Hopefully, in the good " I got a good mark" way and not the "!@#$%$ %$^$" way...

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:56 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

While it's good to keep in mind that the site itself is a great communication medium, I wouldn't focus on that, much beyond explaining the nature of the site and promoting the idea that anything can be a constructive social hub.

It's much more likely that individuals have stood out to you. Anything that anyone has done that might have impacted you is what I would focus on. That being, someone's attitudes that impacted a decision you made, someone's interests that may have influenced your own, etc. Build contrasts in the form of constructive diversity if you can find them.

How did interacting on Psypoke (or the rest of the internet) seem better to you than real life interaction? How did it make you behave differently, grow differently, etc. than face to face confrontations might have? What contrasts to you current self do you predict would have been if you hadn't taken that route?

And don't forget the coolest people! I'm sure your experience as an alphatard is most definitely related. ;p

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Serpentsounds wrote:
And don't forget the coolest people! I'm sure your experience as an alphatard is most definitely related. ;p

you know it ;p

This is for a college application essay, not for a grade in school, just so everyone is clear.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I knew it was for a college app essay. Still I should be one of the coolest people Serpentsounds speaks of. ;)

Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That's a pretty good idea. Outstanding essays about obscure topics uber-impress professors. And advice? Develop tiny, legible handwriting. I'm writing an essay over break about Anonymous and BUNNIES as an extra assignment. Any advice for this?

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:30 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Yeah, don't do it. That's my advice.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Krisp wrote:
Yeah, don't do it. That's my advice.

Why not? it's a legitimate topic, it relates to current events, and there are some alright sources at this point. My thesis is about the recent Anon exploits showing us what future hacker groups/cyercommunities will be capable of. And stuff.

If it's about Anonymous finding me then I thank you for caring about my well-being. :)

PS. Sexy BUNNIES wordfilter. ;o

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@EvilPenguin

I don't know how college applications are assessed or weighted or whatever but I don't think you should submit an essay primarily about Psypoke. Writing one for fun is one thing, but to actually submit seems kinda risky and kinda sad to be honest. Don't you have other things to talk about? Like how being part of a sports team teaches you the values of camaraderie, dedication to training and striving to be the very best? Or how a part time job taught you to work as part of a team, to interact with members of the community hence improving your communication and social skills? Or how the community work you've been doing shows that you're willing to assist the wider community and hope to uphold your college of choice's brand and good name? The internet you can justify as a leisure thing, but I don't think assessors are going to buy "being a apart on an online community has taught me to be more confident, more personable, etc and has translated to me in real life," and if you are intent on this idea I really hope your persuasive skills are up to scratch.

... unless college application essays are based solely on English skills and not content? I don't know man. Just looking out for you

@LeoTheLion

That sounds interesting. I would read.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I ended up not submitting it, I found it was too difficult to put all I wanted to say into the short word limits (of all the essays I had to write, the longest one allowed was 500 words). I'm still planning to write it up, its just a low priority so I havent finished yet.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]