It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Moveset Help 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have only 6 Pokemon over level 70(Yes, I suck) ,and I am having trouble with my move set.
This is what I have so far, and if you have any suggestions on what I could improve on, it would be greatly appreciated.
Heatran : Level 100 : Stone Edge/Heatwave/MagmaStorm/Dig
Kyogre : Level 70-80 : WaterSpout/Surf/IceBeam/SheerCold
Sceptile : Level 75-80 : LeafBlade/LeafStorm/DragonClaw/Irontail
Darkrai : Level 100 : FocusBlast/DarkVoid/Dreameater/DarkPulse
Giratina : Level 100 : Thunder/ShadowForce/ShadowBall/MeteorStorm
Rayquayza: Level 70-80 : ThunderBolt/DragonPulse/Fly/SolarBeam

Also, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I'm a long time member, but have never posted in the forums.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Alexanderjac wrote:
I have only 6 Pokemon over level 70(Yes, I suck) ,and I am having trouble with my move set.
This is what I have so far, and if you have any suggestions on what I could improve on, it would be greatly appreciated.
Heatran : Level 100 : Stone Edge/Heatwave/MagmaStorm/Dig
Kyogre : Level 70-80 : WaterSpout/Surf/IceBeam/SheerCold
Sceptile : Level 75-80 : LeafBlade/LeafStorm/DragonClaw/Irontail
Darkrai : Level 100 : FocusBlast/DarkVoid/Dreameater/DarkPulse
Giratina : Level 100 : Thunder/ShadowForce/ShadowBall/MeteorStorm
Rayquayza: Level 70-80 : ThunderBolt/DragonPulse/Fly/SolarBeam

Also, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I'm a long time member, but have never posted in the forums.

Well, it'd help if you posted it like this:
Pokemon Lv. () @item
Nature/Ability
EVs
-Move
-Move
-Move
-Move
And a short description, like I have a Pikachu with Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Thunder Wave. I use this for Mixed Sweeping. It's as easy as that. Anyway, for your Pokemon I recommend:
{heatran} @Choice Specs/Life Orb/Leftovers
Bold/Timid/Modest l Flash Fire
Magma Storm
Iron Head
Stone Edge/Roar
Dragon Pulse/Will O Wisp
Either use this as a pyroshuffler (WoW the foe then shift with Roar) or straight Sweeping, I don't care. Heatran is a very good choice for a Fire Type, with Water, Fighting, and Ground as its only weaknesses.
{kyogre} @Leftovers
Timid/Drizzle
Water Spout
Hydro Pump/Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Rest/Thunderbolt
This is actually one of my own Kyogre's movesets, and it's the best I've got. If you're not satisfied, try going to the Rating Thread. I'd recommend that you use something else for water, because drizzle will dampen heatran's Magma Storm if you choose to send it out again. I noticed that you lacked a wall/tank, so I got here a bulky water (I think):
{vaporeon} @Leftovers
Bold/Calm l Water Absorb
252 Def./252 Sp. Def., 252 HP, 6 Sp. Atk.
Protect
Wish/Aqua Ring
Toxic
Surf/Muddy Water
This set works quite well, as Protect gives Toxic a chance to do its course one free turn, while Wish/Aqua Ring is good for support. Surf is recommended, but if you have one in Heart Gold or Soul Silver, then you have an option to teach it Muddy Watter. Pretty much, stall for a couple turns, heal, and then Surf/Muddy Water away.
{sceptile} @expert belt
Neutral/Naive l Overgrow
Dragon Pulse
Leaf Blade
Leaf Storm/Energy Ball
Night Slash/X-Scissor
What nature's your Sceptile? There's a lot of physical sweepers and special sweepers, but I gave you a mixed sweeper. Dragon Pulse is more powerful than Dragon Claw, with Sceptile's higher Sp. Atk., and Leaf Blade is its choice of STAB physically, while Leaf Storm would do the Special damage. I took into account that Leaf Storm will take two levels of Sp. Atk. from Sceptile after one use, so Energy ball is another choice, even if its power is weaker. Night Slash is just for variety, but X-Scissor can harm Honchkrow well, with Dragon Pulse as back up.
{darkrai} @Wise Glasses
Modest/Timid l Bad Dreams
252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 6 HP
Dark Pulse
Dark Void
Dream Eater
Nightmare
You could probably go with this, as Focus Blast is inaccurate. With Nightmare, the Pokemon faints faster, and Dream Eater heals Darkrai. Dark Void is Darkrai's special move, and Dark Pulse is for complete Dark STAB move. Mine has the same moveset, except it's level 56 right now, so it knows Hypnosis instead of Dark Void.
{giratina} @leftovers
Adamant/Jolly l Pressure
252 Atk., 129 Speed, 129 HP
Shadow Force
Dragon Claw
Shadow Claw
Silver Wind
At least, I'm pretty sure Giratina can learn Silver Wind. Anyway, since you seemed to emphasize on Shadow Force by putting it up front, I built the moves around it. A physical sweeper with awesome defenses and HP, Giratina is really hard to beat. No Pokemon is invincible, not even Spiritomb with Wonder Guard. Oops! Sorry if I went off topic. Anyway, Shadow Claw for STAB and crit chance, Dragon Claw for STAB, and Silver Wind to defeat Dark Pokemon.
{rayquaza} @Leftovers/Choice item of choice/Life Orb
Adamant/Modest l Air Lock
Dragon Claw/Dragon Pulse
Extreme Speed/Draco Meteor
HP Fighting/Flamethrower or Fire Blast
Hyper Beam/Air Slash
Whatever you prefer. The Adamant is going for the first moveset, and the modest one's the second. You can choose between Flamethrower and Fire Blast, but I recommend Flamethrower, as it's much more accurate than Fire blast. BTW, you are using too many Legendaries. There's no rule saying how many legendaries you're allowed to use, but I think it should be limited to one or two, three at the very most. Absol or Weavile can replace Darkrai if you need a Physical set, while Rayquaza could be swapped for Altaria, Dragonite, Salamence, Kingdra, or Garchomp. For Giratina, if you want, Drifblim is a great Ghost Pokemon with lots and lots of HP, and it can blow up if you want it to, with Explosion. Other than that, I think you're all set. I think the moves for your Rayquaza's attacks are clever. Mine in Emerald (yes, Emerald) is an Adamant nature with Dragon Claw, HP Fighting, Hyper Beam, and Extremespeed. So, yeah.. Hope I helped.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]