It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Starters' Types: pure Grass, Fire/Fighting, pure Water. 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
[color=orchid]I've really enjoyed sitting back and watching everybody cry and moan about the types of Pokabu's evolutions. Hey, guys! Do you know what other starter types have been used three times? Pure Grass (Meganium/Sceptile) and pure Water (Blastoise/Feraligatr)! Guess all you Daikenki and Jarooda lovers have to turn on them too because their types are so overdone!

Grass and Water, are after all, obligatory types, which is why there are little complaints there. Whereas fighting combined with fire...

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:29 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Except that Gamefreak's choice to leave Jarooda and Daikenki as single types is not unlike their choice to make Enbuoo a Fire/Fighting-type. At all.

DarkTrainer, I don't think fanbases have anything to do with this. People are just whining because Gamefreak has used the same dual type three times in a row even though, like I just said, they made the same active decision to leave the Grass and Water starters as single types twice before, which is just like the other two Isshu starters.

And Jaypokes, fine, you were right. But Reckless isn't much more useful on Enbuoo than Thick Fat is. It's already going to be pretty frail because it's a Fire-type and has weak Defense and Special Defense, so boosting how much recoil it takes from what will probably be its main STAB move (Flare Blitz) isn't that great either.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Im just gonna get all the starters. It always ends up like that anyways.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:55 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Frost wrote:
Except that Gamefreak's choice to leave Jarooda and Daikenki as single types is not unlike their choice to make Enbuoo a Fire/Fighting-type. At all.

This is very true...

Makes me glad I was willing to accept Enbuoo's typing until I saw his Base Stats anyway...*sign* it's singing the same song only with a line or 2 of different lyrics...iow, it is yet another attack type with poor defenses...just damn brilliant...

I will admit though, I am dissapointed that after Gen 4 they would even consider giving solo typing to any of the 5th Gen starters, especially the Grass Starter as it has the most weaknesses by default...but they did it anyway & dare tried to make it a fast pokemon with while high defenses, not anywhere near the highest defenses I have seen on a pokemon which should be kind of not a even remotely good idea on a pokemon who has a less then ok movepool & eats it against 5 types as well...brilliant...

I am actually more dissapointed though with the fact that another Water Type starter is giving no type support via second typing, once again...this time I wouldn't have even minded if they would have went the Water/Steel route again as Daikenki is actually faster then Enbuoo which would make up for it not having Fire resistance & being weakened by Fighting in that case...but nope, another blah blah solo Water Type that has SPATK as it's highest base stat & thankfully at least also has high ATK to at least make itself a little different from the crowd but not really different enough I say...

Well, it shouldn't matter to me cause I only play ingame but I was going to try to get into WiFi Battling this Gen but noooo, this had to happen on top of some other things, but hey, what can I do about it?...nothing so sour grapes here...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Frost wrote:

And Jaypokes, fine, you were right. But Reckless isn't much more useful on Enbuoo than Thick Fat is. It's already going to be pretty frail because it's a Fire-type and has weak Defense and Special Defense, so boosting how much recoil it takes from what will probably be its main STAB move (Flare Blitz) isn't that great either.

true but i dont care about the dream ablitys for the starters its kinda dumb im up untill now with this rule has applied to the starters the starters have been three things they were fire water and grass they each got the same ablity to there typye and you cant catch them enywhere but when you get them and breeding (broke by geting a rare pokewalker course you can catch torchick)

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost, it sounds like you are complianing now.

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

InstaBacon's defenses are far superior to FriedChikin's and (insert cool nickname for Infernape here)'s because of his HP (110)
He has more HP than Infernape has Atk.

{blaziken} is a hard hitter with OK speed
{infernape} is faster but takes a little cut in power
Enbuoo is bulkier, slower, but still as powerful as Blaziken

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:58 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
Enbuoo is bulkier, slower, but still as powerful as Blaziken

Yeah but it's defenses are still a bit terrible which cuts it's bulkness a bit...it's just not bulky enough cause they once again wanted to go the offensive route with the Fire Starter but this time took the liberty to actually make it a little bit bulkier, not that it means much...oh well...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Slightly more bulk than {exploud} or {skuntank} is pretty welcome in my eyes in a fire starter,
especially when stacked up against defenses comparable to {plusle} {unown} and {ditto}

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:36 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
Slightly more bulk than {exploud} or {skuntank} is pretty welcome in my eyes in a fire starter,
especially when stacked up against defenses comparable to {plusle} {unown} and {ditto}

Same here...just saying, they could have been more original here or something at least...oh well, not like I'm using it anyway so whatever...

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Jaypokes wrote:
true but i dont care about the dream ablitys for the starters its kinda dumb

Jaroda's Perversity/Contrarian (Leaf Storm spam, anyone?) is causing a lot of buzz recently. Perhaps even {blaziken}'s Speed Boost.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

Same here...just saying, they could have been more original here or something at least...oh well, not like I'm using it anyway so whatever...

I was actually trying to show how much more bulk InstaBacon has than the previous two Fire Fighters,
by using pokemon people are more comfortable dealing with.
Skuntank is a wee bit more difficult to take down than Plusle. Not by a whole lot, but with the right EV investments, yeah...

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If some people here put as much effort into whinning as they would figuring out how to use the starters to there potental, wed have a lot less whinning. Yeah I whinned abit about the fire starter, but I got over it and learned to like it. Now im just waitin to get my hands on B/W

AceTrainer wrote:
Jaypokes wrote:
true but i dont care about the dream ablitys for the starters its kinda dumb

Jaroda's Perversity/Contrarian (Leaf Storm spam, anyone?) is causing a lot of buzz recently. Perhaps even {blaziken}'s Speed Boost.

Blazkein's gettin Speed Boost??!! Im really likin these dreamworld ablities. Although Id much rather have the starters have them when ya first get them. Blaze/overgrow/torrent arent really all that great in my mind.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:24 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ Spoinkable = I was aware of all of that as I have used Skuntank & know very well what you are talking about, sorry if it seemed otherwise...

@ GofD = I'm not whining & am over it...just that I will never like the Fire Starter this Gen & I was just talking base stats is all...
& yeah, I don't think Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow are all that great either tbh...glad they at least get Dream World Abilities that are different...

I am also glad to hear Blaziken's getting a Speed Boost in someway what so ever...

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

heres a new idea for a DW ability, Super Strength: when HP is less than 1/2, superefective hits are boosted.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
that would be interesting with hihidaruma

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

even better, a poke with super luck's alternative.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

are you guys aware that the grass starter is a calm minder??

give it max hp/def and calm mind.

also its base speed is pretty nice tooo.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What? It's a Calm Minder? I never thought about that. And if it did, it would probably pretty good if supported with good movepool.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:48 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
What? It's a Calm Minder? I never thought about that. And if it did, it would probably pretty good if supported with good movepool.

This is more reason for me to like it...

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

here is how I look at the starters if you want the best one for combat go with Tsutarja and its evolved form but If you want an "HM Slave" go with Mijumaru learns 3 good HM's Surf strength and waterfall and can get type coverage very easily that is my opinion

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Your problably right, but then again Jairoba has the worst movepool of the three. i`m goin with Pokabu soely for move advantages.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
DarkTrainer13 wrote:

This is more reason for me to like it...

It's the reason why i like it more than the fire, even if it has higher stats.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i dont realy care about stats because by the time i'm done with the E4, i've maxed out the stats.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:24 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well, the thing with the stats is...how does it far & how can it be used in a battle against another human opponent though, tbh I don't care too much about them but they do matter a little bit...

As I want to know if the pokemon is a featherweight or a heavyweight DEF & or SPDEF wise & is it better to go with physical attacks or special attacks based on it's ATK & SPATK...

I kind of wished I would have looked at Quagsire's stats before I went ahead & used it in my first Diamond Version file as that was a terrible experience only cause I didn't take the time to do so...

Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next