It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 The Good Old Days 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So, whilst cleaning out my room, I found a picture of my 2nd grade class. For some reason, looking at it, looking at all of us, thinking how we were back then, and how we are now, it really made me think... almost brought me to tears. Back then we couldn't wait to grow up, but now we just want to be kids again. For most of us, those were the most carefree and playful years of our lives, and we want to relive it. I know I do. So, I guess I just wanted to share with you guys some of my childhood memories:
This is the picture. I'm the second to last, on the bottom row. In the tan shirt.
Back in Elementary school, that class had all the same classes together, so whilst in Art, the art teacher had us make cards for our teacher who was retiring, and we all mailed them to her. And she mailed us back, and it was so sad. She was one of my best teachers... But we still had the assistant teacher, the younger one.

What are some of your guys childhood memories? Good ones, preferably. Lol. Maybe share pictures, too. If you have them. :)

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:51 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I miss my cousins. Like...back in the day, when we were kids. I have a lot of cousins, but three of them in particular, were my favorites because of our age. I never bonded with my little cousins (on my dad's side) like I did with my older cousins. I don't care how different I was from them, they were still my favorite people. I couldn't wait until the weekend so my parents could drive to the next town to hang out with their parents to get drunk, high, etc. We always screwed around and got in trouble, probably because our parents were kinda irresponsible. Like one time my oldest cousin told me to crawl into a grain elevator across the street and I almost drowned in it, luckily for her I survived and managed to crawl out of it alive.

My oldest cousin is 7 years older than me, her brother is 6 years older, and my cousin who is closest to my age is approximately 1 month older. They were popular, pretty kids with lots of friends, needless to say I'm pretty different (neither popular nor pretty) but until we got older they never minded and always accepted me for who I am. We used to go to the rollercade, go to the fair together, go TPing, etc. and I was never worried or scared when I was with them because they were older and everything they do is automatically safe.

After we grew up though, one of my cousins kept going to prison and now he's there for 45 years. My oldest cousin has three kids. My other cousin, well...she got married at the age of 19 and became divorced at the age of 21. I still think they're cool though. Everything they do is cool.

Picture related, it's me and my cousins. Notice the odd ball? The one who doesn't even fit in on Halloween? Yeah, that's me. By the way this picture will be 20 years old next month, talk about ancient. (That's right, I was a bunny for halloween :D)

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I get really sad when I look at old pictures with friends. Especially with friends that I am no longer friends with. I miss the stuff we used to do. Even if I hate their guts now it still almost brings me to tears.

One of my ex-friends Ashley and I used to literally hangout every day. We made up a sport called hola-hoop baseball (Kinda complicated so I won't explain.) We had so much fun. One day a few years ago, we got in a big fight and never really spoke again. I really miss the good times.

What I miss most about when I was younger is that everyone and everything was innocent.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:40 am
The Geek
The Geek

I found Psypoke.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My cousins are some of the closest family members to me. Especially Chelsea... I still can't believe she's gone... Her and her brother James weren't really "cousins" but their dad was my dad's cousin, but still... We used to hang out all the time, until they moved back to Lexington (about an hour away from here). My other cousin, Jon, is 19, he's more of my older sisters "super close family member" because they did everything together as kids, took baths, played around, all that. My OTHER cousins are younger though, ones 8 the other is 2. I really miss those days...

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i move aroud alot, have a few photos but wont share my identity. when i had my seventh B-Day, my dad took me to best buy, took me over to the Game-Boys and said pick out one console and a game. i picked a silver GBA SP and saphire. one of the most memorable days of my life. barely out of 1'st grade, and had a BIG BOY toy. but the sad thing about it was, that day my dad anounced to me that he was going somewhere,and wouldnt come back for a while. i didnt know much, but i didnt care, i had mt new gameboy, and that's what i cared about. next month he left. didnt see him for 2 years and he came back. so, you can say that my birthday was a life-changing day for many reasons. still have the pick in my room.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, this isn't really ancient, but i guess it was enough for a good old days.

It was about ten or nine years ago. When i was at my first grade of elementary school, i heard some popular kinds of cards that has been going on in my school. I wondered about it when suddenly, i watched some of my friends was playing those popular cards. At that time, i discovered Yu-Gi-Oh cards, the cards that i never been bored about. When i remembered, the first card i have seen was Jirai Gumo. And i still remembered crystal clear when i bought my first card, that card was Ekibyo Drakmord, or so was it called. The second card that i bought was Mask Of Darkness, and the next cards that i bought was some pack of cards. I remembered when i dueled with some of my friends, and i was about average between my friends in dueling. However, one day, i stumbled on a Starter Deck Yugi, that contains all 5 parts of Exodia, Contract With Exodia spell card, and Exodia Necross. Since then, my dueling skills grew a lot, and about 5 years later, i became the second strongest duelist between my friends with my prized cards, Exodia Parts.

Well, i guess that's all good old days that i remembered. Maybe i will add more if i remembered some.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:30 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Uh..theres no deck with all those cards in them.

On topic, my favourite memories would be just..anything aroud June 2009 and before, really. I had both of my parents, a dog, not much to worry about but now its completely different because people are assholes. :[

Specifically, one memory that sticks out from my childhood is going to the beach down where one of my grandparents lived. It was always nice.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Eh, i guess it's a collection of a cards that was sold, but nevermind.

Patchy wrote:
Specifically, one memory that sticks out from my childhood is going to the beach down where one of my grandparents lived. It was always nice.

Same, but it is the place where my parents lived. I could only played on the beach however, because if you swim there you'll kill yourself.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:48 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
My earlier days of middle school to early high school were my good old days as I had at least 4 friends that I don't know the whereabouts of anymore & we used to always literally be in the same homeroom class in 6th, 7th & 9th Grade, 1 of them was my best friend, another 1 lived close to the school & I actually went over his house before we went to some store, the next 1 pretty much had me as a best friend & would always get talked about for 1 thing or another & I being the silent type didn't do this or really help when it happened though it was actually normal so I couldn't do anything about it anyway, & the last 1 I remember getting into it with him about the rules of Yugioh(it was a high stakes game so hey) & of course the game ended a no contest with both of us claiming to be the victor due to the other quitting & what not & he was also only there in the 9th Grade as oppose to the others who I became friends with in the 6th Grade, 8th Grade & 7th Grade respectively...

Those were the good old days for me, even if I used to always get my handheld game systems stolen by classmates & step relatives pretty much & wore shorts(in PE class of course)...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

For me the good old days were in a freaking awesome house, with both of my parents living under the same roof, and playing Metroid Prime 3 on my brand new Wii...
*sigh* I wish things would go back to the way they were, but I know they can't, and I'm strangely at peace.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I remember when I first dot a GBA and liked playing Crash, Spyro, and Pokemon. That was when my parents weren't divorced, too. Also, the day I felt like I was no longer a n00b on psypoke. i don't know when it happened, but I love this place.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

even ninjas have stories......

anyway the prime of my gsc career was:
when i was at my cousin's house in idaho and i beat red in gold for the first time with my lv. 100 legitament pidgeot. :D I also won a tourney vs 5 cousins and my uncle :D I was win back then. Also i loved my grandparents house. so much fun :D it was idaho and we woudl run in a huge park and my cousins & siblings were chill with each other...

ps. frost can you message me? thxs im pacific time so sorry if i dont respond rapidly

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:18 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Since I can remember, my cousins and I always have a great time hanging out at family events. Here's a shot of the youngest of us from the good old days. From left to right: me, my cousin, my brother, another cousin. There's no date on the photo but I'd estimate it to be taken in summer of '95 or '96. We still have fun nowadays, too (though I have more cousins that aren't pictured, and some have spouses/fianc

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My childhood memories include a fascination and borderline obsession with Paper Mario. I remember making an excel spreadsheet (I was like seven at the time) of all of the experience my friends got and then how much I had gotten. This would establish who had really done the hard work.

Sometimes I would sneak into my brother's room and play his Game Boy (Pokemon Yellow, actually ;P) and then before he got home I would put it back exactly where and how I found it. The same goes for his Nintendo Power magazine. I still have his collection.

I also probably had the best babysitter in the world. We would always play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on her Genesis. And I was scared to death of the Chemical Plant zone. I mean nightmares. Pretty awful. Said babysitter would occasionally hold "carnivals" where I would do a timed obstacle course and if I did it fast enough she'd give me something out of her house. One time it was Kid Icarus for the Game Boy. That game made me mad.

So after moving a couple of times I went back to visit an old friend's house out of town. He was playing Megaman Battle Network 3 and let me watch him, and even try it a little bit. He said that he would always go to the part where Lan and Mayl kissed, and then start the game over. LOL. So after getting it for myself I liked it a lot. Ended up buying every version of every installment and replaying each one at least once. Designed my own character, got the PET toy game thing, and I still have one of the Battle chips that came with it.

Not much else sticks out. I {luvdisc} nostalgia.

Krisp, sounds like you had some pretty cool cousins. Anamator, that's a pretty neat/sad story. Glad you got to see your dad again. Stuff like with Azure and falling out with friends, it kind of makes me curious as to how making friends in the professional workplace is going to be. It's exciting to think about. But at least I get to have some cool memories with friends I don't really know much anymore. I actually recently saw an old friend from when I lived in Connecticut. I was getting on a roller coaster and she was in the car behind me and shouted "Leo!" and I'm like "Hey!" She says "Do you recognize me?" and I said "Nope!" then sped off into impending fun. She Facebook'd me not much later though. Small world, right?

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]