It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Types that GameFreak officially hates more than Bug! 
THE POWER IS ON!

Poison Why?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
-Only seven new Poison-types introduced. Only three of which are final evolutions.
-None of them have new type combinations.
-These seven contain three of the WORST existing combos: pure Poison, Bug/Poison and Grass/Poison.
-Poison is now the ONLY type without a Legendary.
-None of the new Poison-types are even any good. The garbage bags are quite literally GARBAGE.
-Poison is still the joke type of offensive match-ups.

Ice Why?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
-Again, only seven new Ice-types were introduced. This time there are four final evolutions.
-All but one of them are pure Ice-types, which is a garbage typing on its own.
-One of new Ice-types is a single stage tank, which is ridiculous because pure Ice can't tank.
-The only new combination is the third version of Reshiram and Zekrom, so chances are it will be banned.
-Hail was rumored to boost Ice moves and the Defense of Ice-types, much like Sandstorm and Rock-types. It doesn't.
-Ice is still the joke type of defensive match-ups.

Bug Why is it not as bad?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
-SIXTEEN new Bug-types introduced. Nine of them are final evolutions, which is more than what Ice and Poison got, PERIOD.
-None of those nine fits the textbook "crappy early-game Bug-type" role.
-The first Bug-type Legendary, Genosekuto, was introduced.
-Several new Bug-types are Bug/Steel, which is an amazing combo.
-A Fire/Bug-type (Urugamosu) has SA, SD and Speed over 100.
-A new move, Butterfly Dance, gives a +1 boost to SA, SD and Speed.
-Several interesting new type combos, like Bug/Electric and Bug/Fire.

Now, granted, I think that people are already hyping up the Bug-type's buff TOO MUCH. The type still has several issues, not the least of which is the presence of Stealth Rock. However, I do think that the gifts provided to the Bug-type in BW are enough to push it up to 14th or 15th out of 17 types, which is a definitely change from its 17th out of 17 placement for four straight games.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed with how GameFreak spit in the face of Poison and, my personal favorite type, Ice in Generation V. They each got the smallest number of new Pokemon, little to no new toys, and they're still the worst offensive (Poison) and defensive (Ice) types in the game. And Gamefreak bent over backwards to introduce a bunch of new Fire-types after idiots cried about the lack of Fire Pokemon in DP, but Ice had even FEWER than Fire, when Sinnoh was a COLDER REGION, and they didn't make it up to Ice in BW at ALL. If only that rumor about Hail could have been true...

...and if only GameFreak didn't have it out for Poison since day one. There is no reason why it still should be only strong against one type. The garbage bags really suck as far as stats go, and pure Poison in general is horrid. The other two final evolutions aren't anything special either. Poison really needed something MASSIVE to become viable, but it didn't, so it got left in the shadows entirely I guess.

It really frustrates me that Gamefreak allows such noticeable unbalance between the different types. Standby for another Generation of Dragon and Steel domination!

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i agree completely as i saw sandstorm and rain dance teams on shoddy and i thought to make a hail team and i looked it up to see which stats got boosted but none do all it does is make blizzard 100 % and reduce synthesis etc but rain increases water lowers fire and makes thunder 100 percent and there is an ability that boost speed in both rain and sun

then poision got nothing however i don't think its lost all its bite as it still has crobat weezing tentacruel toxicroak and nidoking are still good and i think that poision is definatly not the worst team though i believe electric is the worst type as its limited in what it has to offer and most electric types that are used are frail

Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:20 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
That is very good news for the Bug Type but dreadfully bad news for the Ice Type which is also my favorite type in the game...

As far as Poison is concerned, the Type just needs to be redone entirely I mean come on now...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

why does game freak hate the little polar bear WHY its still awesome and ice dragon legndary and what up with poison being the only non legen i mean i love that theres a bug legen but why not a poison

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:31 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

You know what would put Poison back on the map? A Poison/Steel type evo for the Trash bag (I call it Litterburst) that looked like a Garbage truck.

EDIT: Oh, and an Ice/Electric type would PWN with STAB Boltbeam if it got a good stat spread.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Heck, just putting an effect on the attack Hail to add either DEF or SPDEF(perferably both) to Ice Types would be a step to get them in the right direction, not to mention that of course that there will also need to be better stats distribution for Ice Types in general as in not many of them(mainly the solo Ice Types) have that I assume...I mean how can they basically spit on a what I assume to be a rare type?...

Poison is dead without a complete revamping for it's type, there is just no other way to save the type at this point...not even by giving them a legendary at some point which would only be adding insult to injury I believe assuming that even if they made 1, it would probably have terrible typing & not have justified stats distribution...a dark age for Poison Types indeed...

Ice/Electric would be an awesome type combo if it was ever made...but no, they decided to only give the Bug Type that second typing which while a good thing in itself could have been also given to an Ice Type as well at least...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:02 am
THE POWER IS ON!

The five appliance Rotom forms were changed to Electric/(their exclusive type), so Frost Rotom is now an Ice/Electric-type. But, other than getting STAB on Boltbeam, that's a pretty lackluster combination with weaknesses to Rock, Steel, Ground, Fire and Fighting. All of those are really common attacking types in today's metagame, though Steel is only due to Scizor's Bullet Punch. The one dual typing that would prevent Ice from being a defensive liability is Ice/Steel... and even then, THAT has two 4x weaknesses.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have no problem with the excess Bug Types. Even better, I now have a Bug/Steel Type (Aianto) that hopefully won't be classified as Uber. I do hate that Poison and Ice are being ignored, though.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The one that really down was Poison. It only good against one type, and it wasn't some type that everyone use. And it also has weakness to one of the most used move in metagame. They should make Poison good against Normal or Fighting. And it still wasn't enough to make Poison type a good type.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:18 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Frost wrote:
The five appliance Rotom forms were changed to Electric/(their exclusive type), so Frost Rotom is now an Ice/Electric-type. But, other than getting STAB on Boltbeam, that's a pretty lackluster combination with weaknesses to Rock, Steel, Ground, Fire and Fighting. All of those are really common attacking types in today's metagame, though Steel is only due to Scizor's Bullet Punch. The one dual typing that would prevent Ice from being a defensive liability is Ice/Steel... and even then, THAT has two 4x weaknesses.

Yeah, once again I forgot about Rotom cause I was thinking more of 5th Gen Pokemon with the typing but nah, doesn't look so good now, though neither will any of the possible other new combination when they make them except for a select few I can't even figure out right now...

I guess they should have aimed more for a overall theme in the game this time around that suited Poison Types mainly but also Ice Types, though there is the Winter Season among other things & doesn't the Electric Type resist Steel Type attacks or am I off on that? Also even though Levitate would drop Ground from the list there is still Fighting, Rock, if I'm wrong then also Steel & lastly, more importantly Fire which I can't accept being a weakness of a pokemon that even has the Electric typing at all, meh...

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
The one that really down was Poison. It only good against one type, and it wasn't some type that everyone use. And it also has weakness to one of the most used move in metagame. They should make Poison good against Normal or Fighting. And it still wasn't enough to make Poison type a good type.

I say both Normal & Fighting & also kill it's weakness to Ground Type cause I don't even get it...

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Maybe they make Poison weak to Ground because they think that we could stop some kind of poisoned food by burying them. But yeah, i don't think that the weakness to Ground was necessary, but then again, how could you explain that Poison is weak to Psychic?

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think if enough people do to GameFreak what they did with Fire, Ice and Poison could become decent. I mean they have been nerfed with each passing Gen. I really like Kumashun and Tsunbear, I have always wanted a Polar Bear Pokemon.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's a sad day when BUG get's a legendary before poison

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:44 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dark_Swampert wrote:

Especially in this case...as I probably would have liked the Poison Type Legendary better then that boring mech looking thing, *sign* oh well...

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dark_Swampert wrote:

HOW QUICKLY YOU FORGET THE PAST

poison while not great has been solidly better than bug type for along time.

bug was a complete bad joke for 3 generations and got 1 stab powerful attack in the fourth.

If you look at the second generation (and back):

bugs only had two decent attackers- heracross & scizor

poison had muk, weezing, nidoking, nidoqueen, tentacruel, gengar, and crobat.

in fact, all of the poison types bar crobat were around in the first gen and there wasnt any good bug pokemon with any stab attack (except twindeedle which was 15 base power for beedrill was)

this was also the status quo in the third gen, with bug getting weak and ineffective pokes (bar ninjask and maybe shedninja) and poison getting seviper and roselia
bug has been long suffering and deserves this.

i do feel bad for poison and ice but their time will come. its bugs time for now!

bug was undoubtly the worst type and they got the push first as they should have.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:52 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

It's messed up though that they just didn't give them all the push at the same time instead of adding so much insult to injury like that, I mean they added all those Ice Types & only 1 of them gets another Typing & it happens to be the Legendary, wow...& they add all those unique ideas they call pokemon & non of them even get a new type combo & Poison doesn't even get a Legendary to somewhat redeem itself maybe?

I say that is just sad when they can't even give us a Poison Legendary but will give us a Steel/Fighting Legendary & 3 Flying Type Legendaries which all look like well, crap & 3 of them use Type combos that have already been used but can't even look like decent designs...but no, they could have easily come up with a Poison Legendary but just doesn't care enough about the type to even give it that...it's like every other type got at least something good & Poison was just left out in the rain with utter crap kind of...meh...

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:12 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

KingErick wrote:
bug getting weak and ineffective pokes (bar ninjask and maybe shedninja) and poison getting seviper and roselia

Quote:
1 stab powerful attack in the fourth.

I assume you mean X-Scissor...are you forgetting Bug Buzz? :3

No way, Ninjask is technically "weak" but not "ineffective." Speed boost, substitute, and baton pass are all he needs to annoy the **** out of you, especially if you don't have a counter for it. Ninjask is guaranteed to pass speed to SOMETHING, provided the opponent doesn't have a counter. If you're really lucky and your opponent tries to status Ninjask or wastes a turn, you can pass a Sword Dance or two as well. By the way, you didn't mention Yanmega or Forretress, neither of them suck. Yanmega dares to be different by being a special attacker, while Forretress is defensive. His type combination works quite well, being part steel. Too bad for our other defensive bug, Vespiquen, who was given the tired old bug/flying combo. Pinsir and Scyther aren't that great but they're definitely not the worst Pokemon ever, either (assuming you mean 4th generation, before that they sucked hard).

I'm not really sure what Lawence is trying to say though, I don't really understand his post. :?

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:28 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Krisp wrote:
I'm not really sure what Lawence is trying to say though, I don't really understand his post. :?

I was just going on about how Gamefreak could have also given Poison what they gave Bug this generation, some actually good pokemon & a Legendary...nothing you need to really pay to much attention to honestly...

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Krisp wrote:
KingErick wrote:
bug getting weak and ineffective pokes (bar ninjask and maybe shedninja) and poison getting seviper and roselia

Quote:
1 stab powerful attack in the fourth.

I assume you mean X-Scissor...are you forgetting Bug Buzz? :3

No way, Ninjask is technically "weak" but not "ineffective." Speed boost, substitute, and baton pass are all he needs to annoy the **** out of you, especially if you don't have a counter for it. Ninjask is guaranteed to pass speed to SOMETHING, provided the opponent doesn't have a counter. If you're really lucky and your opponent tries to status Ninjask or wastes a turn, you can pass a Sword Dance or two as well. By the way, you didn't mention Yanmega or Forretress, neither of them suck. Yanmega dares to be different by being a special attacker, while Forretress is defensive. His type combination works quite well, being part steel. Too bad for our other defensive bug, Vespiquen, who was given the tired old bug/flying combo. Pinsir and Scyther aren't that great but they're definitely not the worst Pokemon ever, either (assuming you mean 4th generation, before that they sucked hard).

There's a few actually:
1) Bug Buzz
2) U-Turn
3) Signal Beam
4) X-Scissor
maybe one more but I can't think of it...

And I do plan to raise a foretress in HG so I don't hate the bug types, I have a tanking Golbat in my LG play-through (nuzlocke challenge on top of it), and I absolutely crushed my first play-through of LG with two Ice types (dewgong and lapras). I like the underdog position...

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
There's a few actually:
1) Bug Buzz
2) U-Turn
3) Signal Beam
4) X-Scissor
maybe one more but I can't think of it...

Gen 1
Twin Needle
Leech life
Pin Missle

Gen 2
Megahorn
Fury Cutter

Gen 3
Signal Beam
Silver Wind

Gen 4
Attack Order
U-turn
Bug Buzz
X-scizor
Bug Bite

Gen 5
Hard Roller
Bug Resistance

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:49 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Maybe they make Poison weak to Ground because they think that we could stop some kind of poisoned food by burying them. But yeah, i don't think that the weakness to Ground was necessary, but then again, how could you explain that Poison is weak to Psychic?

I forgot about Psychic as I don't get that 1 either...

& Leech Life wasn't a good Bug Type attack...ever I believe...

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

KingErick wrote:
Dark_Swampert wrote:

HOW QUICKLY YOU FORGET THE PAST

poison while not great has been solidly better than bug type for along time.

bug was a complete bad joke for 3 generations and got 1 stab powerful attack in the fourth.

If you look at the second generation (and back):

bugs only had two decent attackers- heracross & scizor

poison had muk, weezing, nidoking, nidoqueen, tentacruel, gengar, and crobat.

in fact, all of the poison types bar crobat were around in the first gen and there wasnt any good bug pokemon with any stab attack (except twindeedle which was 15 base power for beedrill was)

this was also the status quo in the third gen, with bug getting weak and ineffective pokes (bar ninjask and maybe shedninja) and poison getting seviper and roselia
bug has been long suffering and deserves this.

i do feel bad for poison and ice but their time will come. its bugs time for now!

bug was undoubtly the worst type and they got the push first as they should have.

Yeah but what I meant is that BUG is a type that is VERY VERY early in the game no to mention isn't strong with it's myriad of weakness. So to see BUG get a legendary before poison is ridiculous.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:48 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It could always be worse. We could get a poison/ice legendary.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:27 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Phantasms wrote:

Well it's not as bad as Grass/Fighting...& I see what you did there...

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:00 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Phantasms wrote:

Well it's not as bad as Grass/Fighting...& I see what you did there...

Sure it is! No attack or defense! All the fail in one convenient package. It could even be a palette-swapped magikarp.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next