It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Discrimination. 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I searched the forum and couldn't find any topics that already discussed my point. So if there is infact one, I am dearly sorry.

Anyway, here in North America we like to believe we are pretty equal; to males, females, blacks, whites, etc. I believe this to be untrue. Sure we have gone along way from 100 years ago, but we haven't gone far enough. Allow me to elaborate.

The other day I was browsing for a part-time job. A local buisness had a job opening. 50 years ago the sign may have read "Job opening. Blacks need not apply" but today it read "Job opening. Whites need not apply. I actually **** my pants. I do not know why though. It really wasn't too far-fetched.

I would like people to regard my views not as racist. but as facts.

We all know about the television network BET (Black Entertainment Television). In its self it does not bother me. It is just a televsion newtork that plays shows that would appeal to black culture. I'm cool with that. But what I am not cool with is that if I was to open WET (White Entertainment Televison) the media would have a fit over how racist that would be. Think about it. It being okay for there to be a BET network and not a WET network is very racist, towards whites.

There are plenty of "Black-only colleges" and "Black-only buisness firms" etc. Which doesn't really offend me. What does offend me is that if I were to open a "White-only college" it probably wouldn't even be allowed because that is racist. Again think about what really is more racist. Me opening a white only college, or me not being allowed to open a white only college but a black only college is fine.

Planning ahead I was looking at scholarships the other day. There were about 30 scholarships for my planned field and area of residence. Atleast 15 were Black or Aborigonal only scholarships. Non were white-only. This offended me because I know that if I were to make a white-ony scholarship I would be called racist. But what is really racist is me not being allowed to make a white only scholarship while other race specific scholarships are fine.

On the news a few days ago they were talking about how blacks only get entry-level positions. The manager said it was because they didn't have the requirments, not because of their skin. The manager was accused for being racist. I almost puked.

I am not racist. I strongly believe in equality. No matter what color of ethnic gruop you belong to aslong as you are a kind person, you are more than qualified to be my friend.

Now onto sexism, I`ll make this one short and sweet. Basically a woman has to work twice as hard just to be regarded with equal respect as a male.

Take a look at this terrible monstrosity called

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:49 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

about the racism thing:

i have had many of these same thoughts, but i'll just keep it simple and say that since Blacks only got equal rights in the 1900s, and there are still people who can remember not having equal rights, it's probably just too early to keep everything totally equal. but yes, it's very biased (maybe not racist, though).

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:06 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I do find that stuff a bit on the racist & biased side but Men tend to have their disadvantages as well as they can't really even touch women without breaking some law, if a draft were to happen, we are the first targets & of course there is sexual harassment which is outrageously loose if you ask me mainly in the work place & mainly towards Men...

That being said, we do get the bigger salaries in average but that is changing even if slowly, we do get more respect in the work place & even get better positions faster among other things but I find that the higher ups see this as some sort of messed up equality that they maybe planning to adjust(maybe)...but are just not really caring if it ever happens which just really is very cruel on their part...

That thing about White only locations, etc. being considered racist if made is so very true, & it aggravates me to no end though but I don't see there ever being anything that can be done about this & it is the partially both sides fault at least indirectly...

As far as what I think of this so called Pop Culture, even though men sometimes take those positions in live performances, women are still just done so very wrong in the music industry in some way pretty much always, iow I completely agree with you on that 1...

This also shows that the world has not gotten even virtually close to coming closer together which is also just so very disappointing...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't really know about racism nor discrimination in another country, and fortunately, i guess there's no major racism or discrimination in my country. If there is one, my country would probably be destroyed, and i'm sure about it.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's not racist it's just that ((warning bluntness ahead)) black people act like their entitled to it. I myself being Jamaican/Puerto Rican hear it from my "Black" friends all the time. They whine about how white people a racist for doing something that is white-only meanwhile they want something to be black-only. Of course the government dare not say anything because there will be a massive backlash. That's all there is to it. Spoken by someone with brown skin, but is not black.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not going to lie to you, as far as being politically correct goes, I am racist. And I don't care. I grew up in uptown kansas city, in a neighborhood that was almost all white. But lately a lot of black people have been coming in, and it's not working out well. Almost every fight at our school is over racism. The thing that has really pissed me off just now is that my friend, she was in a fight with this guy, she was yelling and brought up how he has 3 kids and can't even afford them, and he called her a "white b!tch" so she calls him a (well you know) and she gets a week of OSS and all he gets is a detention. WTF? I'm sorry if this offends some of you, but I don't like black people. Or I guess I should say the black people here, because their all coming from downtown.. soo, yeah. That's all I got to say...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:30 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dark_Swampert wrote:
It's not racist it's just that ((warning bluntness ahead)) black people act like their entitled to it. I myself being Jamaican/Puerto Rican hear it from my "Black" friends all the time. They whine about how white people a racist for doing something that is white-only meanwhile they want something to be black-only. Of course the government dare not say anything because there will be a massive backlash. That's all there is to it.

I experience this too & I am actually "black" as people call my ethic background(I actually like African American better but what can I do?)...

I myself don't really care what people call me cause they are just **** words & really nothing more at least in today's society they should be anyway...I actually only find it offensive when they intentionally say "you know what" as their ancestors said "you know what" back then...otherwise I could care less honestly but it seems like besides me, pretty much all black people find it offensive for white people to say "you know what" which is very stupid but what can you really do about it at this point? The damage is pretty much done to the term "you know what"...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wow. I was expecting a far more negative response.

Political correctness put into play, I am a racist. Not only do I call black people black people (Gasp) but I refuse to call them African Americans. If they were born and raised in America, they are just plain old Americans. If they get to be called African Americans than I want to be called European American. Besides, my friend was born in Africa and they're white, but he is not called African American. (BTW he moved to Canada because his parents were killed by the locals. His parents were docters)

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
I'm not going to lie to you, as far as being politically correct goes, I am racist. And I don't care. I grew up in uptown kansas city, in a neighborhood that was almost all white. But lately a lot of black people have been coming in, and it's not working out well. Almost every fight at our school is over racism. The thing that has really pissed me off just now is that my friend, she was in a fight with this guy, she was yelling and brought up how he has 3 kids and can't even afford them, and he called her a "white b!tch" so she calls him a (well you know) and she gets a week of OSS and all he gets is a detention. WTF? I'm sorry if this offends some of you, but I don't like black people. Or I guess I should say the black people here, because their all coming from downtown.. soo, yeah. That's all I got to say...

I totally see where you are coming from. If I call someone the "n" word everybody is like "OMG what are you doing!?" But If a Black guy calls me a White Wh0r3 nobody bats an eyelash.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't get offended when people say the um you know word. It's a word that should as Codye said mean nothing by now. Plus the word never offended me because from a young age I was a nerd and I knew the um...... word actually meant ignorant person. The reason they called slaves that is because they didn't speak normal languages much like most people from Europe. Not to mention until I moved to America I never actually experienced racism ((I lived in Germany. Go figure)). But it's the fact that people of black ethnic background like myself is half classified as complain at the fact that something is white-only. They in-turn become hypocrites and make something that is black only. It's 2010 by now if you have yet to realize all races are equal you should go back to the 50's ((which was a great decade by the way)). Another thing if you're not from Africa dont use the term African American. It's almost insulting. On February everybody ask how does it feel to be an Africa American. Guess what my reply was. I'm not from Africa I don't know. I am a German American, and I walk off.

P.S. I got into a fight with a white kid once because he told me to go back to Africa, and being the smart-ass that I am I said ok lets go, because all human life started in Africa. He punched be and I broke his nose then said welcome to Africa b!tch.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dark_Swampert wrote:
I don't get offended when people say the um you know word. It's a word that should as Codye said mean nothing by now. Plus the word never offended me because from a young age I was a nerd and I knew the um...... word actually meant ignorant person. The reason they called slaves that is because they didn't speak normal languages much like most people from Europe. Not to mention until I moved to America I never actually experienced racism ((I lived in Germany. Go figure)). But it's the fact that people of black ethnic background like myself is half classified as complain at the fact that something is white-only. They in-turn become hypocrites and make something that is black only. It's 2010 by now if you have yet to realize all races are equal you should go back to the 50's ((which was a great decade by the way)). Another thing if you're not from Africa dont use the term African American. It's almost insulting. On February everybody ask how does it feel to be an Africa American. Guess what my reply was. I'm not from Africa I don't know. I am a German American, and I walk off.

P.S. I got into a fight with a white kid once because he told me to go back to Africa, and being the smart-ass that I am I said ok lets go, because all human life started in Africa. He punched be and I broke his nose then said welcome to Africa b!tch.

THANK YOU. I got yelled at by a teacher just for saying that word while explaining what it meant, he asked me why I said it... and about the end, lol. Last fight I got into with a black guy didn't go well. It was pretty awesome though, I pushed him, he punched me. I hit the wall, came back threw a math book at him and then took him to the ground and he was trying to push me off, then I punched him, he pushed me off and tried to throw the desk at me. Then the teacher got in the middle of it. IT WAS SOME CRAZY SH!T. The craziest fight I've ever gotten in.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:38 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dark_Swampert wrote:

I am actually glad you did that seriously & I only want people to refer to me as such cause tbh, I find that being called black gives the same feeling as being called "you know what" & African American is for some reason the proper term for Black Americans(go figure) though I honestly wish there was another term but just being called American won't cut it cause I don't really have the American Spirit as much as most people do so...

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
THANK YOU. I got yelled at by a teacher just for saying that word while explaining what it meant, he asked me why I said it... and about the end, lol. Last fight I got into with a black guy didn't go well. It was pretty awesome though, I pushed him, he punched me. I hit the wall, came back threw a math book at him and then took him to the ground and he was trying to push me off, then I punched him, he pushed me off and tried to throw the desk at me. Then the teacher got in the middle of it. IT WAS SOME CRAZY SH!T. The craziest fight I've ever gotten in.

I imagined if this were a video & I saw it & I got to say, that is some crazy but very entertaining ****...

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Wow. I was expecting a far more negative response.

I don't think a lot of normal people think too much into this especially once they make a decision about how to approach it, though some normal people do though...

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Political correctness put into play, I am a racist. Not only do I call black people black people (Gasp) but I refuse to call them African Americans. If they were born and raised in America, they are just plain old Americans. If they get to be called African Americans than I want to be called European American. Besides, my friend was born in Africa and they're white, but he is not called African American. (BTW he moved to Canada because his parents were killed by the locals. His parents were doctors)

I am a very biased but not in regards to race, however I am a little racist & so is everybody else, even if you believe in equality, you still won't like something about some other race in general & at the end of the day as much as you may or may not like it, will be viewed as a little racist thus making you a little racist so there is no problem here honestly as it is ok to be a little racist, just don't get out of control with it is what I have to say here...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Political correctness put into play, I am a racist. Not only do I call black people black people (Gasp) but I refuse to call them African Americans. If they were born and raised in America, they are just plain old Americans. If they get to be called African Americans than I want to be called European American. Besides, my friend was born in Africa and they're white, but he is not called African American. (BTW he moved to Canada because his parents were killed by the locals. His parents were doctors)

Lawence Codye wrote:
I am a very biased but not in regards to race, however I am a little racist & so is everybody else, even if you believe in equality, you still won't like something about some other race in general & at the end of the day as much as you may or may not like it, will be viewed as a little racist thus making you a little racist so there is no problem here honestly as it is ok to be a little racist, just don't get out of control with it is what I have to say here...
Same here everybody is racist in some form. But as long as you're not burning a cross in my front yard Im cool with it. There's something about every race that nobody likes. Like with black people they say they hate stereotypes but only help to further them. If you asked my friend he would tell you that he doesn't like mexicans very much. It not a big deal. The only problem is that people will freak out if some much a a wrong word is said. Look at the show "Boondocks" they say the "N" word all the time but no one is going to threaten the creator because black people love the show, Honestly its very annoying. ((I really love the Boondocks by the way))

P.S in regards to the fight I got suspended and when I gave the slip to my mom I had written, Erick broke a child's nose [in my own writing] and went to Africa. My mom just laughed and I enjoyed my nice little 2 week break.

Last edited by Dark_Swampert on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You were suspended for 2 weeks? that's ridiculous.. maybe I thin that because we have so many fights (4 FIGHTS YESTERDAY, DAMN. I saw one though, two black girls, Ja'ton and Brea duking it out. lol)

Dark_Swampert wrote:
Like with black people they say they hate stereotypes but only help to further them.

Thank you for saying this. If they don't to be stereotyped, they need to stop it themselves, by not following that stereotype.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
You were suspended for 2 weeks? that's ridiculous.. maybe I thin that because we have so many fights (4 FIGHTS YESTERDAY, DAMN. I saw one though, two black girls, Ja'ton and Brea duking it out. lol)

Dark_Swampert wrote:
Like with black people they say they hate stereotypes but only help to further them.

Thank you for saying this. If they don't to be stereotyped, they need to stop it themselves, by not following that stereotype.
2 weeks because fights don't really happen at our school. But punching him felt so good I almost orgasmed. XD Jk But don't get mad about something then turn around and do it...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:37 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Dark_Swampert wrote:

Thank you for saying this. If they don't want to be stereotyped, they need to stop it themselves, by not following that stereotype.

Thank You...yes, this exactly is what I detest the most in regards to black people...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:

Thank you!

It is only human nature to not like something different. So I guess we cannot help but be a little racist.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:04 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Whites need not apply" is based off that wonderful Affirmative Action law put in place in the 70's. Government agencies have far more pressure to adhere to this than any private company to boot. If you've ever applied at a job and wondered why they gave a form to know whether you were female or white, now you know. It is because the company is required to hire a percentage of people from ethnic or gender groups every so often. Complain about sexism, but you don't see "males need not apply," because women are hired plenty.

While blacks have a hard time being disrespected, because they and the government kick up so much fuss, women are continually treated like objects, because they allow themselves to be. They can make money off it, since there are so many lonely men out there, and to be quite frank, so many women (pretty ones even) find it flattering and enjoy the attention themselves. Are men pigs? They sure are. Are they sluts? Absolutely. But every industrialized modern society still views men as "bread-winners." To bring home the bacon, figuratively speaking, is their obligation. So they covet the gold prize.

And yet women who think so negatively of this really have no idea how much control they have over the behavior of most men, and those who do have what Prince calls "***** Control." How complacent, how banal, and how indolent man would be without a little sexual motivation. Women and men can both have feelings of inferiority; women just have the history and still feel more offended when it shows.

Dark_Swampert wrote:
Plus the word never offended me because from a young age I was a nerd and I knew the um...... word actually meant ignorant person.
Actually, it doesn't. Read the etymology. Its roots literally come from a word meaning "black," Middle French if I remember correctly.

To be honest, I find the whole African American - Black debate to be not only annoying, but invalid. I've heard complaints from all sides by blacks. "My parents weren't from Africa, they're Jamaican! [oh yeah?]" "I'm not black! Do I look black?! I'm colored, but I'm light-skinned!" "African American is retarded, because then everyone is (something) American. Just call me black!"

So, if I called you medium toast, that wouldn't be racist? What color are you? Is it implicit that I ask your heritage before I bother to define your race? While I don't know how it feels to be black and disrespected with slander and epithets, I know I'm not racist, and I could use some **** slack. They all identify with a heritage that has experienced much struggle in a country with a troubled history, and I sympathize. I still can't believe the civil rights movement came as late as the 60's. But this commonality must provide some racial ipseity despite physical and cultural differences. While a label at times divide people, a definite identity would do more to bind the black community than the m

Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I really dislike stereotypes with Muslims and Cubans. It drives me nuts. I am friends with many Muslims, and they are some of the nicest people I now. Emphasis on "nicest". AND I hate thing how "Cubans are communist" with a burning passion. I am Cuban. My family didn't come to America to rant about how great Fidel Castro and communism is.

sad but rad

Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:06 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm not racist. I'm just 'Smartist' (ie: against stupid people, it's a term I made up). If I happen to dislike someone who is Black, or Cuban, or whatever, It's problably because they are an idiot. I would treat them the same way as white idiots.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:15 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Mektar wrote:
I'm not racist. I'm just 'Smartist' (ie: against stupid people, it's a term I made up). If I happen to dislike someone who is Black, or Cuban, or whatever, It's problably because they are an idiot. I would treat them the same way as white idiots.

I think I might be a Smartist was well...I have a real idiot problem(problem with idiots), meh...

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar wrote:

It's too bad such a thing isn't allowed to exist in my area, whether you're disliking someone who's black or not because they're just idiotic and ignorant you'll still get in trouble just because they're black. Yay. Recently a lot of people have come from the inner city to our town because it's gotten bad up there... and they just make our town bad. And I think once our town gets rough, everyone who brought it here is going to migrate somewhere else, it's like cancer. (That sounds bad... whatever) I mean, my school board is so easy on them, a friend of mine was called a "stupid white c***" but a black guy and she told him she was going to "hang his a**". Well apparently calling her that isn't sexist or racist at all, but what she said was SOO much worse and therefore got him out of any trouble. BULL.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Yes, I am a smartist. I think everyone except stupid people are. :b Anyways, this whole so-called 'anti-racism' thing is... racist, frankly. I dislike many types of people, and I'm a friend of many types of people. Hell, people get mad and call you racist if you describe someone as 'black' or 'white' or whatever. IT'S A F***ING DESCRIPTION. If you see a black person rush by and you don't get a good look at them, you're going to describe them simply as a black person. The same goes for a white or a Mexican or whoever it may be. It's not racist, and it doesn't matter what color you are. Or religion, but that's a story for another day. And as far as 'African-American'... last time I checked, if you want to be rrreeeeaaalllyyyy technical, everyone is 'African'. As I said, last time I checked, the oldest discovered person came from... guess what... Africa. So there.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Amen Edoc. But see I live around idiots and they JUST so happen to be Mexicans. I am called a racist for it although I'm Puerto Rican. Seriously don't go calling smart people racists when there are morons in every race.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I judge people based on their actions, and that alone. I really could care less where you come from or what you believe in. Even if you're a friggin' Nazi, as long as you are a nice intelligent person, you're A' okay in my books.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:52 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Azure wrote:
I judge people based on their actions, and that alone. I really could care less where you come from or what you believe in. Even if you're a friggin' Nazi, as long as you are a nice intelligent person, you're A' okay in my books.

This is really the best viewpoint at the end of the day, isn't it?...

I am just certain that I will always see or know someone or some people who cannot process such thoughts to save their lives & those people have my sincerest death wish or whatever I feel like thinking off based on the mood I'm in at that point...

Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next