It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
 Gen IV Rating Center 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

torchie13125 wrote:
{ninjask} timid @Leichi Berry
Speed Boost
252 Speed, 120Def., 120 Sp. Def., 18 HP
Substitute
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Baton Pass

in most if not all standard OU matches double team and other evasion incresing or decreasing moves are not allowed and this is called evasion clause otherwise this is standard

{infernape} adamant @life orb
Blaze
252 Atk., 212 Speed, 44 sp atk
Flare Blitz
close combat
grass knot
Mach Punch

this is a life orb infernape as you pass speed boosts to infernape you don't need to max out your speed so i've given him a few sp atk evs to help out grass knot that i've added in order to take down bulky waters then i've added close combat because it has the same power as focus punch and doesn't require all the fancy setting up

{porygon-z} modest @choice scarf
252 Sp. Atk, 252 speed 4 hp.
thunderbolt
Tri Attack
ice beam
dark pulse

you had a bit of a strange porygon z before while this is a scarf sweeper porygon that has full attacks and no set up and make sure you have adaptability on him while i've given him dark pulse as that takes out ghost AND psychic

{bronzong} relaxed @leftovers
Levitate
252 Def., 128 hp., 128 Sp. Def.
Gyro Ball
hypnosis
Explosion
stealth rock

since you don't have any pokemon with SR i've given him it and then hypnosis to help annoy set up sweepers and walls then i've made him full defence and then mixe other defences

{vaporeon} calm @leftovers
Water Absorb
252 HP, 252 sp def 4 def
protect
Wish
Toxic
Surf

this is a classic toxic stall vaporeon with protect and its full sp def as bronzong is you physical wall

{raichu} timid @ choice specs
Static
252 speed 252 sp atk 4 sp de
surf
Grass Knot
Thunderbolt
hidden power fire

ok this is a specs raichu with all atacking moves as it can become a reall beast but i would advise a physical sweeper here

a lack of special sweepers might hurt you so i would suggest gyrados but if you want to use raichu you can but i've fixed it up a bit and it might be able to work

changes in red

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

BEST TEAM EVER!!!

{infernape}@Expert Belt
Adamant Blaze
252 Atk/252 Speed
-Fire Punch
-Close Combat
-Bulk Up
-Earthquake

{sceptile}@Choice Specs
Modest Overgrow
252 SpAtk/252 Speed
-Leaf Storm
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
-HP Rock

{crobat}@Focus Sash
Jolly Inner Focus
252 SpAtk/252 Speed
-Sludge Bomb
-Air Slash
-Dark Pulse/Haze
-Nasty Plot

Dark pulse for Single Battles, Haze for Double

{hariyama}@Flame Orb
Adamant Guts
252 Atk/252 Speed
-Facade
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch
-Payback

{milotic}@Leftovers
Bold Marvel Scale
248 HP/252 Def/8 Speed
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-HP Grass

{lucario}@Life Orb
Jolly Inner Focus
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed
-Crunch
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Swords Dance

Probable White Team:

{doryuuzu} {mijumaru} {zekrom} {sazando} {shibirudon} {gigaiasu}

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Munchee wrote:
BEST TEAM EVER!!!

Nope, Please add:

If this is Wifi, In-game, or Shoddy.

2-3 sentence summary for each poke, what's the strategy, what does it counter, what support etc..

Also there is a post count minimum of 25, but can be overlooked if the post quality is very good.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Munchee wrote:
I am the Circle and The Circle is me

VIOLA!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hooray! Munchlax knows where its from :D finally someone else who reads the books.

Probable White Team:

{doryuuzu} {mijumaru} {zekrom} {sazando} {shibirudon} {gigaiasu}

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Didn't I say I can't do anything to {raichu} ? Well, I do have another one, but that one's Docile, with Thunder, Thunderbolt, Shock Wave, and Slam. I can take care of the moves if you give me the okay to switch the brave one for the docile. Its EVs are: 252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 6 hp last time I checked (last Friday). I was using this one for in-game, but if you insist, I can use this one instead of the Flying one. BTW, that Raichu's hacked. It says it had a fateful encounter at lv. 1 on Jan. 0, 2000. The only thing that's normal is the OT (Alex-my friend's game name) and his ID. So yeah, if not, there's a Calm nature {pikachu} in LG, but I didn't EV train it, as I evolved it from a {pichu} that I hatched. It's Lv. 27 right now (it evolved lv. 27, so I didn't get Thunderbolt :( ) and a Bold one lv. 38 in Emerald that I gave up on EV training (the berry thing was getting too much for me). I don't know what to say. For the {porygon-z}, I just got another {porygon-z} Modest Nature. Guess what? It says it's highly curious, further raising Sp. Atk. Right now, it knows Icy Wind (again, from the same origins as my previous one-hatched), Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Tri Attack. As soon as I get my hands on another Dark Pulse (or do they learn it by themselves?) I'm taking Icy Wind away. Its EVs are 252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 6 hp. So yeah, I think that's all I have right now. Oh yes, I decided to replace the {ninjask} with an {azelf} as lead. Right now, I have a Lonely Nature in Platinum that I'll be trading to Diamond, with Explosion, U-Turn, Psychic, and Fire Blast, with a Focus Sash. It worked somewhat in my in-game, but I really didn't want to faint Azelf every time I got into a battle, so yeah. Since I already have a {bronzong} with SR, I didn't want to put one on {azelf}. What do you think? Lonely makes it more frail, but gives more edge to Explosion, and U-Turn can give me a good scouting chance. Fire Blast is to take some pesky steel types down before {infernape} goes in and destroys them. Azelf's EVs: 252 Atk., 212 Speed, 36 Sp. Atk. Thanks for rating! Since I'm taking {ninjask} out, I'm keeping {infernape} as it was. except for the moves. I'll have the Flare Blitz and Close Combat. Thanks! Oh yeah, Grass Knot's not a bad idea. Thanks.
EDIT : If you want the changes as the format, it's:
{azelf} @Focus Sash
Lonely/Levitate
252 Atk., 212 Speed, 36 Sp. Atk.
Explosion
U-Turn
Psychic
Fire Blast
Azelf's my new lead after I decided to keep Ninjask. With U-Turn, scouting's a no problem, and since I'm keeping SR with {bronzong} , I don't need one on Azelf. With Explosion, I get rid of one Pokemon that I'll have trouble with. I have Fire Blast to get rid of at least one Steel, although I'm considering Flamethrower instead, because of the accuracy. Psychic's a good STAB.
{infernape} @life orb
Adamant/Blaze
Mach Punch
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Grass Knot
I love the move set! Thank you! This one has some Sp. Atk. boost (see the changes made) to get rid of Water Pokemon, Flare Blitz for a solid STAB fire move, Mach Punch for priority and serving the same role as a Quick Attack-using Lv. 1 Starly @Focus Sash and Endeavor. (For this allusion, unless you've seen it already, there's a YouTube video of some random PBR match where a Lv. 1 Starly defeats a Lv. 100 Arceus with two moves.), and Close Combat for another solid STAB, this time a fighting type.
{raichu} @Leftovers
Docile/Static
252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 6 hp
Thunder (Getting HP Grass-hopefully, or Grass Knot)
Thunderbolt
Shock Wave (Um... I'm replacing with Nasty Plot or Focus Blast)
Slam (pathetic me! I'm getting Discharge or Signal Beam on this)
So yeah, if you approve this, I'm replacing the moves with the ones in parenthesis. The only thing I'm not removing is Thunderbolt, as it's reliable-STAB, decent power, better accuracy than Thunder, you name it.
{porygon-z} @Wise Glasses
Modest/Adaptability
252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 6 Def.
Icy Wind (Anyone have an extra Dark Pulse? Or, does {porygon-z} learn it by itself?)
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Tri Attack
I'm going with Wise Glasses, because I don't like how it limits to using one move only, as well as not being able to find one (Choice Specs). Yeah, Thunderbolt and Ice beam to give it variety, and Tri Attack for STAB.
Incidentally, why should I give my Calm nature {vaporeon} Protect instead of Acid Armor? I was just thinking of its defense, that's all. But, if you say so, I'll get Protect for it. Thanks!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{azelf} @choice scarf
Lonely/Levitate
252 Atk., 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Atk.
zen headbutt
U-Turn
trick
Fire Blast

{infernape} @life orb
Adamant/Blaze
Mach Punch
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Lv. 1 Starly @Focus Sash and Endeavor. its a FEAR starlt and give it fireblast not flareblitz and its evs should be 252 speed 192 atk and 64 sp atk
{raichu} @Leftovers
Docile/Static
252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 6 hp
Thunder (Getting HP Grass-hopefully, or Grass Knot)
Thunderbolt
Shock Wave (Um... I'm replacing with Nasty Plot or Focus Blast)
Slam (pathetic me! I'm getting Discharge or Signal Beam on this)
change the pokemon completly if you want because raichu is pretty pathetic in OU otherwise breed a new one
Modest/Adaptability
252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 6 Def.
Icy Wind (Anyone have an extra Dark Pulse? Or, does {porygon-z} learn it by itself?)you can buy it in hg ss
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Tri Attack
I'm going with Wise Glasses, because I don't like how it limits to using one move only, as well as not being able to find one (Choice Specs)battle frontier and it makes p-z such a hard hitter but your choice. Yeah, Thunderbolt and Ice beam to give it variety, and Tri Attack for STAB.
Incidentally, why should I give my Calm nature {vaporeon} Protect instead of Acid Armor? I was just thinking of its defense, that's all. But, if you say so, I'll get Protect for it. Thanks![/quote]

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
change the pokemon completly if you want because raichu is pretty pathetic in OU otherwise breed a new one

What do you think is a good OU Electric Type? I really don't know, but if you can tell me, and what kind of movesets I should use, thank you in advance!

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Listen, I know you guyswant ev's or iv's for the pokemon to be rated, but I just cant give em to you. I dont know anything in regards to who has what. So if you could just take a look at em and give me your opinion ill be happy. Thanks a bunch.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

No one's still answered my question: Do Pokemon get deleted from the games if they get sent to PBR? Thanks! I probably should go to the Fiorre and Beyond one, but I just want to know!
BTW, thanks for the Azelf set. I didn't know that it could learn Zen Headbutt. Do I have to go to SoulSilver to get it, or does it learn ZH by itself?
I think I can remember that I can get Dark Pulse in SS. Thank you. Wise Glasses is better, as I've had it for a while, and it doesn't limit moves. So yeah. Thanks!
Quote:
its a FEAR starlt and give it fireblast not flareblitz and its evs should be 252 speed 192 atk and 64 sp atk

Munchlax, what does that mean? Sorry, but I want to know.
Thanks!

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

zapdos jolteon and rotom are good but you don't need an electric type and no they don't get deleted if they're sent to pbr

@gofd are all you Pokemon ivs 31? otherwise there is nothing we can do just breed new pokemon then if you want to make a better team or you can give them berries to wipe all the evs and just ev train them proper

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:32 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm new to competitive battles. Decided to go right to it with my current team ( the team I've been using through almost all Johto games )
Basically , my team goes for more of a offensive style. Which means its a do or die thing. So I probably wont be teaching'em any defense moves.
I have lost to only 1 out of about 15 of the battles so far. So I might be changing my team around. Seriously need some coaching on all this competitive things cos I still dont know whats all the things like "lead","sweeper" etc. So anyway ,

{typhlosion} @Charcoal
Attack 252 ; Speed 252
Flame Wheel
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Blast Burn

{tyranitar} @Quick Claw
Attack 252 ; Defense 252 ; Speed 8
Earthquake
Slash
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam

{scizor} @Scope Lens
Attack 129 ; 252 Speed
X-Scizzor
Bullet Punch
Metal Claw
Aerial Ace

{kingdra} @Mystic Water
HP 252 ; Speed 8 ; Special Atk 60 ; Defense 129
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Dragon Rush
Surf

{honchkrow} @Sharp Beak
HP 252 ; Speed 252
Drill Peck
Dark Pulse
Fly
Steel Wing

{pichu} @Magnet
HP 252 ; Attack 252
Thunderbolt
Volt Tackle
Iron Tail
Thunder

I also have a Snorlax which I'm considering to swap with Pichu.

{snorlax} @Life Orb
Speed 252 ; Defense 252
Hyper Beam
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Earthquake

All amendments to be made is welcome . Would really like to toughen up my team. ( If possible , no pokemon swaps please )
YES , I know bout the 25 post thing , but I really needed some recommendations for my beloved team .

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

you need 25 posts to post here

also please add a description of your pokemon and their nature

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm just wondering.
Quote:
its a FEAR starlt and give it fireblast not flareblitz and its evs should be 252 speed 192 atk and 64 sp atk

I still don't know what that means. And, what type do I need if an Electric Pokemon isn't needed for my team. Thanks!
~torchie13125

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:07 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

lugia>>>you wrote:
hey i fixed up meh team a bit. Its still for battle revolution. I dont know how the ninjsk is, cuase i havent tried it yet. I've recently been looking up more standard pokemon than my last team, which REALLY stunk. Once again, please keep in mind that entry hazards DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT come up in PBR. This is because of how short the battles are. Anyway, let us begin!

Azelf@focus sash
Ability:levatate
nature:calm
EVs:252 speed, 252 atk 6 hp
moveset:
Taunt
Stealth rock
Explosion
Psychic
This is as standard as it can get, i think, except for the EVs. Use is pretty simple, use stealth rock on first turn. However, if i suspect the foe to use a non-attacking move, I use taunt. After that explode, or, if i can get the ohko, use psychic.

Breloom@muscle band
Ability:effect spore (this was from sapphire, so no poison heal)
nature:adamant
Evs: 252 atk 252 spd 6 def
moveset:
leech seed
substitute
seed bomb
focus punch
Once again, standard. leech seed on first turn it's out. Then sub up and prepare to sweep. Focus punch is extremely powerful and can easily get the OHKO on many a pokemon. plus, factor in STAB, and this move is as powerfull as hell coming from a breloom.

Salamence@choice specs
ability:intimidate
nature:hasty
evs: sp.atk 252, spd 252 6 hp
moveset:
dragon pulse
hydro pump
flamethrower
draco meteor
This thing is an offensive beast. This is actually my fastest pokemon, so it can get a lot of ko's before being knocked out. dragon pulse and draco metoer for STAB. Draco metoer is here for in case I need some extra oomph. hydro pump and flamethrower are good moves too. This thing, being fast, can come in for a revenge kill.

Electivire@expert belt
ability:motor drive
nature: adamant
evs 255 atk 255 spd
moveset
earthquake
ice punch
thunder punch
cross chop
This electivire can switch in after articuno and hopefully get a motor drive boost. I have expert belt because this electivire hits 13 of the 17 types, which is VERY good. I was thinking of replacing expert belt with choice band for some extra oomph, Thoughts?

Articuno@leftovers
ability: pressure
nature:quiet
evs 252 hp 252 def 6 sp.def
moveset
ice beam
roost
roar
reflect
Contrary to popular beleif, this is a good wall. Roar is for phazing and stealth rock damage. roost for healing, ice beam for stab and a good attacking move. reflect is here to help my defensivly weak team.

Ninjask@atk-raising berry(i forgot the name)
ability:speed boost
nature: adamant
evs 252 speed 252 atk 6 hp
moves
substitute
swords dance
x-scissor
baton pass
This is for a baton passer. sub- up until i get the boost from the berry. X-cissor for good stab and an attacking move. do that and baton pass to either brelom or electivire. pretty standard, i think.

OK guys, thanks in advance for the rate! I hope this team is a lot better than my last one.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Um, are you trying to get your team rated?
You kind of have to... um... have 25 posts. I got chewed out when I had like 20 posts. So, yeah, you need 25. Or, the raters aren't going to answer you. I'm sorry, but that's what they said to everyone else that had less than 25 posts.
~torchie13125
P.S.: When are you going to answer? Please! I need an answer!
torchie13125 wrote:
I'm just wondering.
Quote:

I still don't know what that means. And, what type do I need if an Electric Pokemon isn't needed for my team. Thanks!
~torchie13125

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

it is a FEAR starly

give infernape fire blast not flare blitz

and 192 atk evs 64 sp atk evs and 252 speed

and type doesn't matter your movepool does

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's getting more confusing. What is it?
And what type should I have?
~torchie13125

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

the endevour quick attack starly is called a FEAR starly

machamp you should have a machamp

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've never used a Machamp before in my life (well, I had a couple, but that was for Pokedex purposes.)
Give me a suggestion please!
I heard that Machamps should have Substitute+Focus Punch for competitive teams, but what other moves should I put on it?

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

no thats breloom. breloom is good too instead of machamp but dynamicpunch works better on machamp with stone edge payback bullet punch and elemental punch compinations

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh. Thank you very much. Should I have No Guard?

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yes but make sure you have poision heal on breloom if you choose that because toxic orb is ugly on non poision heal breloom

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thank you so much! You helped me a lot! Now I can go kicking peoples' butts in PBR!

Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Here's my team:

Alakazam {alakazam} @Shell Bell
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Gengar {gengar} @Wise Glasses (Special Sweeper)
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Hyper Beam
- Shadow Ball

Starmie {starmie} @Leftovers (Wall)
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Toxic
- Water Pulse

Exeggutor {exeggutor} @Miracle Seed (Wall)
- Leech Seed
- Leafstorm
- Curse
- Synthesis

Weavile {weavile} @??? (Physical Sweeper)
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Revenge
- Strength

Gallade {gallade} @Scope Lens (Physical Sweeper)
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Lucky Chant

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next