Spring 31%  31%  [ 10 ]
Summer 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Fall 34%  34%  [ 11 ]
Winter 28%  28%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 32

battle of the seasons 
Lite Four
Lite Four

There's a poll on a local news website asking what your favorite season is; to my surprise autumn (it's really called fall) is absolutely dominating the poll at 50%. This gave me an idea for a new forum thread.

I live in the part of the US where the four seasons are extremely noticable. It's supposed to be Fall here but it's like 90 degrees, I'm pretty **** tired of this goddamn heat. So, with me being so sick of summer I could puke, that's my least favorite season right now. I absolutely detest winter, so that's out too.

That just leaves spring and fall. Honestly I love both seasons, it's really hard to decide between them. Fall has halloween, but ugh, winter comes after it. As much as I love fall, I'm gonna go with spring, because I'd rather have hot weather than ridiculously cold weather (I mean so cold my **** CAR won't start sometimes.) What I really hate is, like now, it being 90 degrees in Fall, then come Spring, it'll be like, negative 10. I live in one of those states where you can literally be driving to work with the heat on, and whilst driving home, you'll have your **** AC on. It doesn't really matter WHAT season it is here, it'll be ridiculously cold or hot no matter what.

Don't even get me started on how much I hate snow. God, do I **** it. Driving in that **** is so **** miserable. I remember coming to a stop light, trying to stop, then skidding right past the intersection, luckily I didn't get pulled over or get killed because it was night, but still, I was shaking from fear.

**** WINTER, **** SUMMER, **** I HATE SEASONS ALL TOGETHER.

I put the seasons in order, but if you live in the southern hemisphere, it's backwards.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:34 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I live in Canada. I really do not get Spring or fall. It is winter for 9 months then summer for 3. Which just plain sucks.

I actually live in what is tied for the warmest place in Canada. Halifax = Vancouver. You see in the summer it doesn't get blistering hot and in the winter it doesn't get no-car-starting cold -- that often. Regardless of the aforementioned, winter is still freezing and summer is still way too hot. Just not as extreme as the rest of the country.

I really hate winter. I cannot think of a word strong enough to describe my hatred. It is cold, wet, windy, dark, and long. I wake up every morning at 5:30am (4:30am EST) and it is pitch black until about 8:30am (9:30am EST). By that time I have already reached my destination. I get home from school at around 3:30pm (4:30 EST) and have 1 hour of precious sunshine until it is dark. Every morning I wear atleast 2 shirts, 2 sweaters, 1 inch-thick winter coat, tights, pants, 3 socks, winter boots, a scarf, a hat, and two pairs of gloves. On a windy day I'll throw a windbreaker of my coat. So that puts winter dead last.

Summer is nice while I am still in shock from winter. But then it is just too hot. I cannot even go outside. I have several fans and stay in the basement. From one extreme to the other. This puts summer in the number 3 spot.

Fall is nice. I like to see the leaves change and the mild temperatures are a refreshing change. It is September and all the leaves have fallen off already. :/ Oh yeah and winter is just around that corner. The looming shadow of the winter beast puts fall in 2nd place.

Spring really takes the cake as my favorite. It may be -10C in the morning and 15C in the afternoon but I like it. All the flowers start to bloom. Snow melts :) and green returns to the landscape. All the cute animals come back too. All in all, spring is my favorite.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I live in Indonesia, so there's only tropical season here. It is actually already the Rainy season here, but however the hot season still active which resulted in the weather gone haywire. And by the cause of it, both minor and major disease and sickness increased, and i'm one of them.

But anyway, if i have to choose one in my tropical seasons, i would choose the rainy season. It is already hot here, so some cool weather could be appreciated, maybe. Because too many rains will resulted in flood.

And if i have to choose between the four season, i could choose either Spring or Autumn, with Winter as the third place and Summer at the bottom. Maybe because of the feeling, and guessing too.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I also live in canada (not disclosing which part for reasons i dont have to explain) and I like winter. Yes it's cold. Yes I have to shovel LOTS of snow. The thing is my allergies dont bother me in winter. I can sleep at night without feeling like im roasting. And I dont have to mow the lawn/ do lawn work. My birthday is also in winter. Soo yeah, I REALLY like winter.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:04 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

winter is god-tier. I actually quite like cold weather because you never need to worry about the temperature. you can just slap on a jumper if it gets chilly, whereas in summer the only solution to overheating is to go naked. which isn't always appropriate for the situation.

it's also the season when all the nasty insects are dead or hibernating, and there's no hay fever to worry about.

Quote:
to my surprise autumn (it's really called fall)

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

From where I live Autumn is my favorite season. It gets cool but not too cool, it is like nature decided to leave the area at room temperature. Plus I love all the oranges, reds, and yellows that the leaves turn. Plus two of my favorite holidays are in Autumn, Thanksgiving and Halloween. Second favorite season would be winter, for the reason that my family that lives a ways away from me comes in and I get to see them.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Summer gets a bit boring, but it's great not having school. Its never hot here anyway, it just rains.
Spring...meh. I just think of it as that season before summer. My birthday is in it, so yay I guess.
Autumn is alright but like Spring, its just that season before winter, which is probably my favourite. I just like how its so cosy, its cold but so is summer over here! And then Christmas, heh.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I voted for spring. The reason?? Everything is just starting to come back to life, and the scenery becomes very pretty. there still aren't that many bugs around, and intermittent rain (or constant, in Guam) keeps the temperature at a bearable level.

Summer: Super hot, bugs all around... no. Especially in Oklahoma, where I live now; there is a **** of insects, and the heat and winds kick up dust everywhere. In guam, it was one of my faves (considering it's always spring or summer in guam, lol); here, it sucks ass.

Fall: my second favorite. It gets nice and cool, and the bugs disappear. however, the deadness of some of the trees kinda creeps me out. don't get me wrong: a lot of them are really beautiful. but the rest just kinda wilt and... well, die. Kinda sad....

Winter: Close to second. When I moved to Oklahoma, I came from a tropical summer, tanning on the beach, to the middle of a damn blizzard in Oklahoma. Not fun. Try walking through six inches of snow in shorts and flip-flops (there's no winter clothing to be bought in guam, so i was SOL right then). But when i finally got the appropriate clothing, it became really fun; snowball fights, the look of everything when it's frozen. But COLD. and i lost my tan last winter, which i am oddly proud of for some strange reason.

but yeah, none of the seasons are really bad; all have their pros and cons. But i'd like to say one thing: in Guam, we didn't go by this season, but by whether or not it was Typhoon season yet :-S fortunately, those were rather rare, lol.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:02 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
This is how I see the seasons which are pretty much non existent since the year 2000 where I live but anyway;

1. Winter = Winter is my second favorite season as it contains my favorite weather condition, when it is not outrageous that is & it also has Christmas, New Years Eve, New Years & get this, Valentine's Day(which by the way I loathe so very much)...On top of that, their is winter vacation which is always good though I don't really get much of 1 in college so bump that...

2. Spring = Yes, Spring, it is my favorite season without question, it is not too hot(except recently) or too cold, it rains the most this season(or it used to anyway) which kept it actually pretty cool even though Spring is suppose to be the warm season & Autumn the cool season & it also looked better when it rained during the Spring then any other season, it has my favorite month of the year which has my birthday in it as well & it even has spring break which even though I don't so out for it is still awesome & finally it has Memorial Day, Father's Day, Mother's Day & even has the most beautiful of trees during this season...The main reason I like Spring the most & why I like it over Autumn is simply cause my birthday happens this season which is my favorite day of the entire otherwise disappointing year so yeah...

3. Summer = I absolutely dread this season & the only things I really like about it is Summer Vacation though that is ruined cause the hot weather basically eats at my conditioning due to me having asthma & also there is Independence Day which I only really like because I get a meal fit for a king for that day & every day after that until the leftovers are gone which is usually about 6 days to a week...I hate that it is so hot at times that even stripping naked completely or somehow ripping your skin off doesn't do nothing much to help against the heat & that water don't really help neither as it gets hot after awhile which throws that out the window & it is the season I get sick the most & not because of allergies that I don't even have anyway even though I have asthma...yeah...

4. Autumn = Basically If Neither Spring or Winter had my birthday in it then this would be my favorite hands down as it is absolutely gorgeous to see all those different color leaves that appear only during this season & then there is Thanksgiving & Halloween which I get something good out of both, mainly Halloween, I get a king's meal via Thanksgiving & don't have to eat any particular thing(chitterlings, stuffing, yams, etc.) & during Halloween I almost always get candy even though I never go Trick-O-Treating(not even sure that is spelled right) & instead feed off of what we are giving out to other plus what extra we have left afterwards...September is utter crap but at least not because of holidays & at least it is better then August...

So to confirm, my favorite season is without question Spring...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If I lived still Lived in Germany my picks would be different but I live in west texas sooooo.

Summer- I despise this season with every fiber of my being. Here in West Texas ((The only town in this part of the state O.O)) 95 degrees is considered normal here.... ARE THESE PPL INSANE!!!!

Winter-The best part of the year here not hot, not cold. People here swear that 65 is like being in Antartica.

Spring- OK I guess bu the ridiculous winds piss me off to no end. Plus Killer bees around here. imagine that.

Fall- ok but usually a little cooler than summer.

Winter wins Hands down.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I voted spring. Mid-late spring is the best when is starts to be consistently warm, but never hot. It's very nice to see winter finally end because I really don't like the snow or cold, and most of the plant life is dormant which just makes things look boring. Summer is also really nice, because I don't have school, and I can tolerate the hot weather. The only thing that bothers me is how humid it can get here. Also I go running a lot, and for some reason during the summer, I force myself to go during the heat of the day, telling myself it's a good opportunity to adapt to the heat. Fall is usually pretty nice, but for some reason I don't like seeing everything die and the days get shorter and shorter. Winter is the worst. I suck at cold weather, and I absolutely hate the snow. The holiday season is fun, but that lasts for about 2 weeks of actual winter. There are a couple of things that are still fun to do, like skiing, but winter gets old really quickly.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

In Florida, we have the Wet Season and the Dry Season. I really like Summer and Winter, as I'm off School and Camping in both.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

All the summers hold the best memories for me, so I voted Summer.

I get hayfever pretty bad so I don't like Spring at all.

Winter is way too depressing, I hate it when its night by 5:30, having to walk to the train station for school (back when I did go to school) at 7:30 and shivering, CBF going to my good friends' parties because I cant be bothered (yeah I'm a crap person but I've never done what I didn't want to... unless I get peer pressured lol), not being able to move from my bed because its too cold... etc.. (it doesn't even snow here, lol, I just don't like the cold).

Autumn I don't mind, my birthday falls in autumn so I guess its OK. Nothing on summer though. Sun setting at 10:30, long days, mad road trips, beach adventures, being able to stay out and hanging around outside in just a t-shirt...... and all your friends are free too! Christmas for us in summer too, so yeah all these gatherings and parties. But honestly what I love best about summer... MUSIC FESTIVALS even though they cost an arm and a half...

But v. surprised most people here like winter/spring, and only 2 people like summer :(

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Here, autumn is the best. The austere fall days are moments I wait for all year really. The cloudiness is a change, since it hardly rains between February and October, and the rain brings out the vivid colors of leaves and the still green lawns. At times warm enough for a romantic stroll, yet some days cold enough for a fire and cocoa. o: There's too much beauty to appreciate.

In Spring, we're too eager for warmer weather from winter to enjoy much of the blooms, and in summer, we feel too hot to desire the feeling to linger. In fall, we at least grab on to the few moments we have left to spend outdoors, but we can enjoy time indoors by ourselves or people we love.

PLUS HALLOWEEN AND THANKSGIVING!!! Sucks to be anyone who doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving. Sorry your life sucks... seriously.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why does my life suck? What is thanksgiving? Why is it so awesome? What does it involve? I gathered it involved eating but that was ever it.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:10 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Maybe because there's a holiday for it. But i don't know so i'm just guessing.

Well, there's no any Thanksgiving nor Halloween in my country. I wonder if it was because it was tropical here.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think Autumn is my favourite - or at least, the postcard definition of autumn - brown leaves, etc. It always looks so pretty in photos. Its supposably a mid-point between summer and winter, and it normally lasts longer than spring, and its never really too hot. Plus, I love rain-y weather.

I think I hate weather in general, temperature, etc. I don't believe in 'nice hot days'; its an oxymoron. Hot days suck. Theres that period between May and July here thats just unbareable, but luckily August-November is normally pretty nice, I'd say thats my favourite season. (yeah, we don't get summer in august here, it **** off fast enough :) )

I do love how it gets dark earlier, etc. as well. Autumn is just a bit more fun, exciting, and its the start of the school year - before life gets crap again after summer. And I do like Halloween, even if its really not big here, over Easter, because its more fun, again. We don't get Thanksgiving at all.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, my favorite season is Winter. But not because of Christmas, I could care less about it, well... eh, I don't care about the event itself, but I do like that it's pretty much the only day I get to see some of my family. Anyways, I like winter because I have severe ragweed allergies. And Fall is harvest time, and I HATE it, I like it when it's nice and cold out, and all the plants are dead. :D Ahhh, it's nice.

And snow is my favorite. It's so nice, especially because I moved a while ago to a nicer town in Missouri. I was in Kansas City, but now i'm in a nice town thats mostly suburbs, and I live in the original part of it, the house my dad grew up in, and that part of town is so quiet. When we get those real blankets of snow, they just lay on that neighborhood so nicely. Especially the old abandoned church house... but these douches from Belton were messing around in it and "accidentally" caught it on fire. At first it wasn't burned up too bad, we found a way to get into it after they had already put the fire out, and the locked it up. It wasn't safe at all, but the snow was inside the room because most of the ceiling fell in, and sitting on the couch that surprisingly didn't burn was really... surreal.

It's hard to imagine, when I was REALLY young, when it was still a church, we would go to church with my grandparents sometimes there... but when they moved to a bigger church it became a house.. the people who lived there were TERRIBLE though, there was dog crap everywhere, so dirty, they left boxes in there and everything. They had busted up the tiles by the fireplace, where I used to sit at when it was really cold during services. But then they just disappeared, there wasn't even like a notice from the bank or anything, so we don't know. there weren't moving trucks. there were still mattresses there, all the covers stripped off and stuff, but weird.

Sorry, got really off topic there, lol. But Winter is definitely my favorite season. All the other seasons suck.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:50 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Seasons, in my order of preference, and why.

1. Winter: Reason? Because I ******* hate the heat. Can't stand it, and I wish it snowed where I live. Just so i could walk through it to get to school.

2. Summer: Reason? Because High School d=sucks, and I want it over already.

3. Fall: Comes before Winter, and the leaf piles are fun to jump in.

4. Spring: Reason? Because I hate losing winter. :)

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

From where I live, almost anybody would tell you that Fall is the most comfortable season in the year. Winter here isn't as vicious as it is in other places, but it's still going to kill the majority of the activities that are offered here when it comes to doing anything fun outside or going for a walk. On the flip side however, Summer is absolutely brutal. This summer was no exception, with temperatures ranging a consistent 110-120 degrees from early July to early September. I believe that this is why Fall is so adored here, it is the first relief that you get all year round, it has comfortable temperatures for Halloween and is nice to get back into school without dying of heatstroke walking to your classes. Then there is Spring, in reality I can see why people would prefer this season but here it's merely the one month transition from way too cold to way too hot. Coming along with all of the hay fever and what not it is actually my least favorite under Summer. All in all for me I would go with;

1) Fall, 2) Winter, 3) Summer, 4) Spring

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:37 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Winter is my favorite, despite Wisconsin winters tending to get nasty. There's just something about seeing nature covered in white snow out here... it's beautiful. Yes it is cold, and it's annoying when it hinders my car, but living out in the middle of nowhere really has let me appreciate how amazing the land can be in the seasons.

My absolute favorite thing to do is to get up really late at night during winter and go outside. Because everything is either sleeping or hiding for warmth, it's completely silent outside. I don't know why, but it's pure bliss. Breathing and walking in the cold silence is something special to me.

Fall is a close second, though. There are so many trees around here that it's like a painting mural when they all change color.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I would have said winter, but after today (I woke up and it was below freezing!), I feel like spring is the most comfortable season, and it's not too dark outside.

Sprite Collection

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Autumn is most definitely my favorite time, it's the bringer of change and the forests become breathtaking

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Spring. It's nice and warm, plus it's my birth season, the release of new pokemon games in America, and school is about to end.

Winter I despise. I hate the f***!ng cold. And why does everyone obsess over snow? You need like a foot to play in it, but you end up shoveling most of it away anyway. Plus, you get soaked by the time you're out. F**k winter, I say. The only good part is hot chocolate and Hanukkah.

Summer is WAY to overrated. You over heat to often and, well, the best way to put it is in golden quagsire's words: in summer the only solution to overheating is to go naked. which isn't always appropriate for the situation. The only good thing about summer is no school. God, yes, that is a great reason, though. Finally, I tend to not enjoy the beach. I hate getting sandy and the saltwater stings my crotch for god knows why. Not to mention all the screaming kids.

Fall is good, but just can't put up with my birth season. Here we have: Candy corn, love it along with stuffing, but not at the same time. Thanksgiving, everyone loves a feast. Halloween, free candy. Go f***!ng nuts. Cool, but not cold. Wow, I think that I just persuaded myself to like fall more than spring. I would have, except for one fatal factor: School starts.

The victor? SPRING!!!

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Winter is my favorite season. My birthday is in December. And well, it's cool to have a winter birthday, because you get more presents in your month than anytime else.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next