It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Are You Musically Biased? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Watching Glee tonight has made me realize something, and that something is, I am musically biased. I mean certain songs I absolutely do not like and certain artists for that matter to. However when Glee covered Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z I was "Damn I really like this song." The thing is I am not a fan of Jay-Z or the particular song, but when Glee did it I liked it. I have learned no matter what the song is or how much I may dislike an artist or song. If a band or group that I really like does a song I dislike I will instantly like and or love it. So my question is. Are any of you musically biased?

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think everyone's Musically biased on some level.

Personally I can't stand rap music, or "gangsta rap" w/e I can't tell the difference.
I just don't like angry sounding music where it's all about B's and H's and certain illegal plants.
I just like music that makes me feel good, if it makes me feel like jumping around
like a dork 'cuz it's fun music all the better.

oh and "empire state of mind" is an Alicia Key's song, but for whatever reason the Jay-Z version
got a lot more popular than hers. His is a good mix too but I actually like hers a bit better as it's
more about the vocals, and the more positive side of being an artist trying to make it in new york's
um...like the not violent or maybe violent is wrong, but the desperate parts of it.
All in all though both are good versions of the song, I just like hers better.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:38 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm also biased to rap, and anything remixed on glee. Btw, Empire State of Mind's name was sort of a rip off of Billy Joel's "New York State of Mind".

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Any song that includes swearing, that's all.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:44 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I am musically biased towards some Rock music & pretty much all forms of Heavy Metal, Death Metal, etc. in general...Oh & Rap & Hip Hop music now as well as I don't find any of it as appealing as it was in the past & finally, I am very notacibly biased towards any & I mean any Musical period as well as hearing people sing songs they didn't make, it annoys the crap out of me on both accounts...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]