It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 BW Post-Release News and Discoveries - STAY ON TOPIC 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dive is back!!!!! cant wait to see the new underwater world
and i liked how every pokemon fits the area it probaly found in. like the trash rat thing although i bet people from NYC are mad

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why would New Yorkers be mad? They know their city's dirty as H*ll.

And as far as Pokes evolving later, I love it!
I always wondered why you could get all the way to lv100, and 1/3 of the way there the creature was complete. Ya know?
And I bet they'll make grinding easier this time around. There are far too many Pokes evolving when they're super-experienced to not have at least lowered the EXP needed between levels.
Ya know?

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

actually, the amount of experience needed to get to lvl 100 is around the same (it's in the psydex) so i'd guess that there's simply more chances to battle high-level pokes or something.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:03 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

A lot of people was worried about burunkeru and pururiru pink forms and then I'm find out burunkeru diferences but I don't have the pururiru images.
Image female
Image male

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Genosect 649: An ancient Bug Pokemon that was altered by Team Plasma. The canons on its back were made more powerful.
this is pokemon whites pokedex entry , this could mean that Genosect could have a alternate forme like giratina or shaymin.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:28 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It appears a new pokemon,Genosekuto,can learn a move that seems to somewhat parallel Judgment.Although having a power of only 85,it changes types depending on the held plate.The move's name is "Tekuno Basutaa".Any or no reference to Arceus?

No way you can beat mine!

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Amber Mine wrote:
I think that game freak has grown up to, and have learnt that the people with the money are us, not 10 year olds.

Well this doesn't make much sense, because I know when I was 10 years old, if I wanted pokemon, I annoyed the hell out of my parents for it. I didn't have money, but I know they did. And every other 10 year old knows that too. Lol (:
rex09 wrote:
actually, the amount of experience needed to get to lvl 100 is around the same (it's in the psydex) so i'd guess that there's simply more chances to battle high-level pokes or something.

Well I was thinking at first that you would catch pokes at higher levels, but then it occurred to me, what if the amount of experience gained from defeating other pokes is much higher, not the growth curve of your actual poke that you're fighting with.

--
Sorry 'bout the double post, but i've seen the psydex and some people (mainly staff) using LEGIT sprites, not those pictures. So is there a link where all those are? They'd be nice, especially for spriters (like myself), but we can't get the sprites off of the psydex, so where are you guys getting them? it'd be nice to know

You could just edit your post, you know... keep that in mind. :p -Rhapsody

.. Sorry, lol. Normally do edit, didn't think. It shall be kept in mind. :D

Last edited by Rhapsody on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

double post

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

EFFFFFF PEOPLE! Learn to use spoiler tags >_<

Anyway, what spoiled plot I DID hear sounds epic! I'm getting real excited. These games need to come out.

And ya, these guys are evolving early. O_O The candles evolve at like 47 then you have to use a Dusk Stone to get Chandera! :(

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

LeoTheLion wrote:

Anyway, what spoiled plot I DID hear sounds epic! I'm getting real excited. These games need to come out.

And ya, these guys are evolving early. O_O The candles evolve at like 47 then you have to use a Dusk Stone to get Chandera! :(

Points one and two- I concure.

Point three- Lvl 47 THEN duck stone? Yeah, gamefreak is makin sure you work for the pokemon this time around.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Guys,little important detail about those Movie Pokemon that you use to get Zoroaek and Zorua:
Highlight to view spoiler.
They can be used ONCE ONLY to activate the event. After thay are used to activate it, they cant ever do it again even in a new game, so they cant be traded to somebody else to get the event.

Edit: I hid this little detail in a spoiler tag for those that dont want to see it, but its kind of important so I encourage you to look at it

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Last edited by AlphaArceus on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm curious about the Kanto Champ Theme being on the game. Is Kanto going to be featured or something? I think we would have heard by now if it was. If not, then I wonder where/when this theme is used. It's pretty awesome, too.

~A haiku

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shiny form pig thing = Ganon 100% Now
Image Image

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I was finally able to look through the psydex without my cpu going nuts on me, and there's a few things I noticed:

1-Rock Smash is now a a TM. Not really sure how I feel about this. I liked it when they made Flash a TM, just beacasue I dont find it very useful and it annoyed the heck out of me that it was only good for certain caves. Rock Smash, in my opinion has its uses. Ill have to play the game, there may be a very god reason as to why rock smash was demoted.

2- There's only 6 HMs this time around. To hurry this up a bit, I was a little dissapointed that there's no "new" HM, but hey the HMs they have are good, exspecially...

3- DIVE IS BACK! Yes this has already been said. I was very dissaponited that they scrapped Dive after gen 3. Dive gave RSE a very cool feeling. Im very happy that its back.

4- The lvls. This has already been brought up and ive already responded to this but I didnt have the psydex to actually SEE what the levels were, and I have to say, that those lvl's are freakin high. (look at the hydra, lvl 50 before it even gets to stage 2.)

5- New evolution method. Hasnt been confirmed yet, ill have moer on this when more info is avalable.

Ok Im done my really bad rant.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:30 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I don't really understand why everyone is so excited about Dive's return. We already have two other water HMs that outclass Dive (and they're not two turns) and quite honestly Dive was boring in RSE. I was happy to see they dropped it (although I would take diving over fog any day) in Diamond & Pearl, but too bad it's back. At least they got rid of Flash/Rock Smash/Rock Climb/Whirlpool, HMs we could definitely do without. I never minded Rock Smash being an OPTIONAL TM in GSC, so it's okay for it to come back as a TM I guess.

Quote:

Dude, this is the Isshu forum, why would spoiler tags be needed? If you're looking at this forum, assume there are spoilers here, because we created this forum for discussion. ;)

Frost adds: especially in the BW NEWS THREAD. Like, what were you expecting when you clicked on this topic?

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The one thing I am most happy about is the TMs. Also, The chandelier pokemon is my new favourite. It's amazing. Also, does anyone have a screen shot of hihidaruma or whoever's second form?

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i'm not positive, but it might be in the picdex or something.

about dive: my first game was Sapphire, so a part of it is probably nostalgia. However, I also enjoyed the music and idea regarding dive; but imo, it might've been harder to enjoy that aspect of the game as a teen/adult. for me, the only negative is the unrealistic-ness of it (disregarding that this is pokemon, after all lol); for instance, it would make more sense if you had to get an item (kinda like the gogo goggles, just for swimming; idk, "scuba tank"??) first to dive. so, yeah, i'm excited for it, but i'm not really sure why... :-S

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

so everytime i played pokemon i just caught what i would use or like but i see everyone talking about how they wanna use the stats how can you tell? i been play pokemon since red and blue came out when i was like 6 or something and i can not wait till black and white comes out in America :)

i really am in love with the new hybrid pokemon i can tell this game is going to be great

Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

you can view the stats in the psydex on the main site (if you look to the left of your screen, there should be a link called, "Stats"). they're really only useful for competitive play, though; in-game, they don't really matter.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Krisp wrote:
Quote:

Dude, this is the Isshu forum, why would spoiler tags be needed? If you're looking at this forum, assume there are spoilers here, because we created this forum for discussion. ;)

Frost adds: especially in the BW NEWS THREAD. Like, what were you expecting when you clicked on this topic?

Maybe no spoilertags in a plot discussion thread, but I'm looking for gameplay and opinion news. It's alright though, I forget most of what was spoilt. ;P

Some of these new TM moves are AWESOME!

TM19 Telekinesis(?) - Makes the target easier to hit for three turns.
This one's not bad. I can see it being in the metagame.

TM34 Hedoro Weebu (BP95) - 10% chance of poisoning
A stronger Sludge Bomb that doesn't poison as often... I can dig that!

TM43 Nitro Charge (BP50) - Raises user's Speed by one stage
This isn't really that bad of a move. Useful to bump up those medium-speed fire types. I see a combo.

~A haiku

Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am extremely happy about new attacks, like more physical fire and electric types.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

How about the special psychic attack that does physical damage (Uses SA stat to attack, and then damage received is calculated by DF stat) Psycho Shock

who needs mixed sweepers now?

Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

/vXv\ wrote:
How about the special psychic attack that does physical damage (Uses SA stat to attack, and then damage received is calculated by DF stat) Psycho Shock

I think this to, but i don't think it will be "The Move That Changed The Metagame, FOREVER" kind of move.

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Amber Mine wrote:
/vXv\ wrote:

I think this to, but i don't think it will be "The Move That Changed The Metagame, FOREVER" kind of move.

{blissey}
Yes it will.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
The Amber Mine wrote:
/vXv\ wrote:

{blissey}
Yes it will.

Blissey? Really???!!! Its friggin annoying enough as it is. (For the record I despise Blissey, I dont like hvin to battle it, and I dont like using it.)

Anyway, I Finally checked out the moves that got changed, some make sense, others ill have to wait and see how they work in the game. The new moves that they added are sweet and I cant wait to try them out. But I dont think any of them are gonna change the "metagame" (whatever the heck that is).

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:57 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

GofD wrote:
Blissey? Really???!!! Its friggin annoying enough as it is. (For the record I despise Blissey, I dont like hvin to battle it, and I dont like using it.)

He meant that it is useful AGAINST Blissey, whose high HP and Special Defense make it the best special wall around. Using its defense stat would be ideal for the attacker if Blissey were to switch in to sponge up special damage.

Is this the only new move like this? It'd be interesting to see others. Otherwise the concept's usefulness is banished along with Mewtwo.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next