It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Starters' Types: pure Grass, Fire/Fighting, pure Water. 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Steelbound wrote:
Evryone shut the **** up!

Ask nicely and i might[:

All of the first evos are awesome, Bacon and Wotter's evos are crap.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nakuzami wrote:
All of the first evos are awesome, Bacon and Wotter's evos are crap.

I don't think so, like Magikarps_Beast said, the only thing bad about the evolution of fire starter was it's typing, i don't have anything against it's design.

And i think the Mijumaru's evolution was good, but only the first stage. The second stage was actually good, but it don't really makes sense to me. Because why did it should get back on four feet after it could get on two feet?

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:25 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I just don't really like Pokabu's evos. For Mijumaru, Futachimaru is fine but the final evo, like you said, makes no sense.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:27 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually, the water evo makes sense. If you get to big/too heavy for two legs, you get down on four legs. I mean think of saurapods(four leged,long neck plant eaters, grew to enourmous size), they share the same hip structure as therapods(two legged, carnivaious ranged in size). That said, it makes sense, in my mind at least.

the fire starter- im done talkin about ive made all my points known.

the grass starter-four legs-> no legs. Fine, thats how snakes came to be anyway.

Im still watin on the psydex to be better updated to chose my "favorite starter".

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, i think that the Mijumaru's first evolution has the kinda fighting thing. But the final evolution makes me feel that it was kinda Dragon.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i was expecting a larger version of the second evo. and sea lions have more of dewong's body anyway.

and your right about snakes (even though i'm a cristian) but anyway, the typings make no sense.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't know why they didnt make him water and Steel again. For Mijumaru I mean. I mean, he's based on a Samurai, it would make perfect sense. And Grass and Dragon or Poison would make more sense for Tsutaaja. And I hate Pokabu's evo's now. They look like Disney characters with the most irritating start type combo. Sure, Mijumaru's final evo is a bearded Sea lion with Shell sode on, but at least has a theme. Pokabu is just a disney-fied bacon. Tsutaja's final evo is my favorite (still goin' with Mijumaru), because they go down a reasonable path.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

But I like Disney characters :-(

tbh, i'm alright with the new typings; i kinda wish that pokabu's final wasn't fire/fighting, since there's so many other cool type combos that may not have been used yet, but w/e. i'll get used to it :-)

also: mijumaru final FTW

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rex09 wrote:
tbh, i'm alright with the new typings; i kinda wish that pokabu's final wasn't fire/fighting,

yeah. 3 Gen's is a long time for fire/fighting. almost as long as most people on this site have played.

Savage Hunter wrote:
I don't know why they didnt make him water and Steel again. For Mijumaru I mean. I mean, he's based on a Samurai, it would make perfect sense. And Grass and Dragon or Poison would make more sense for Tsutaaja. And I hate Pokabu's evo's now....

Tsutaja's final evo is my favorite (still goin' with Mijumaru), because they go down a reasonable path.

honestly. i'm more of a Long-Term thinker. even without the new typings, mujimaru still has a type advantage over the others. and the evos, tussuja's evos are da best! sieriously. they make sense.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

And now, i only like Tsutaaja's first evolution, Tsutaaja, Mijumaru, Mijumaru's first evolution, and Pokabu rather than their final evolution.
Steelbound wrote:
yeah. 3 Gen's is a long time for fire/fighting. almost as long as most people on this site have played.

It IS a long time, 7 years was a time that you could at least remember.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Honestly, I'm saving my favorite for last.
I'm of course buying both Black and White when they come out, and I'm choosing Tsutaaja and Pokabu as starters.
That way, I can play through (Grey?) with Mijumaru.

Seriously, though, I love them all.
I started off hating Pokabu's evos because I was stupid and jumped on the band wagon.
Then I thought about it, and I really DO like Fire/Fighting as a combo.
Not to mention, stuff with lots of HP and Atk are, just, fantastic.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ive checked out the stats for the final evos of the starters, and I still cant decide. Its really tough. Im probably gonna do what Ive done for every gen ive played, pick the fire starter,again.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

After checking all of the stats and typing, i'll probably will start with Mijumaru first, then Tsutaaja, and finally Pokabu.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:22 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
After looking at the Starters' last evolutions' stats I will say this based on them alone;

Enbuoo = He is a disappointment in really only base stats wise but mainly because I say this, where's the bulk I mean those defenses are mighty low there but at least it has both high ATK & SPATK with High HPs(the best part imo)...in short, I like his base stats but they are not what I though they would be as far as DEF & SPDEF goes but oh well, what can I do...

Daikenki = He is yet another Water Type with high SPATK but thankfully he also has high ATK & still manages to have better defenses then Enbuoo, I now like him a little better because this kind of makes up for it evolving the way it did plus it does have wise man mustache & has whiskers so that's a plus at least...in short, I appreciate it more now that I have seen it's base stats which is really ****ing weird for me...

Jarooda = Finally, He is very deserving of my first choice in starter usage come Spring of next year I mean this thing is just as advertised but only with more DEF & SPDEF then I though it would ever have but still managing to have decent HP, ATK & DEF though definitely not as high as either of the other 2 as in doesn't really compare to them except in HPs but only a little bit, it is a SPE based pokemon & I like it as it still looks a bit constrictor like so come on Spring 2011...please...

In short, after looking at their stats, I am even more in Tsutaaja's corner then I was before which is good I guess...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
I'm going to take mijamaru, but I will dispose of him early on...

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

my plan:

get tussuja in my black. be uber epic and beat game.

get tussuja in my white. catch a crappy pokemon in route 1, trade tussuja for... lv5 Turtwig!{tortera} Rocks! and is a living home!

Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'll get pakobu beat the first gym and make it to the firs city then ill get the wifi event if its out the day its rellesed on my white then ill go on black it the water starter beat the first gym and trade over the starter and the element monkey to my black then reset do the same thing with the grass starter and water monkey then reset then pick the water beat the first gym and get the wifi on my black then play whit all the time and ocashaly balck (id the same thing with HGSS just beat 8th gym on HG five mins ago)

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:04 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I've really enjoyed sitting back and watching everybody cry and moan about the types of Pokabu's evolutions. Hey, guys! Do you know what other starter types have been used three times? Pure Grass (Meganium/Sceptile) and pure Water (Blastoise/Feraligatr)! Guess all you Daikenki and Jarooda lovers have to turn on them too because their types are so overdone!

Also, I have to say, I'm not too impressed with any of their stat distributions. Enbuoo is Blaziken, only slower and even more frail. And Thick Fat is a total joke of a "Dream" ability. Daikenki is stunningly average with his well-rounded mediocrity. Shell Armor is about as useful on Daikenki as it is on everything else, i.e. not very. And Jarooda is quite honestly garbage. It's a snake, so why does it have awful offensive stats and high DEFENSES? Speed and Defense are a stupid combination, especially when you can't even attack. And its movepool is so awful that it can't even take advantage of its Dream World ability, which reverses stat modifiers. Leaf Storm would have been a GODSEND if A) Grass wasn't a horrible offensive type and B) it had other Special moves besides Hidden Power. Ugh.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OMG! i just saw the learnsets today, Enboo is F*** crazy! it doesnt just know fire and fighting moves, i can learn water and grass moves too! total Beastlyness for Enboo. i have just changed my mind. sory tussuja, it's just that your moveset stinks, no offence... *Cough fail! Cough*

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Frost wrote:
I And Thick Fat is a total joke of a "Dream" ability.

LIES LIES pakobu and maybe his first evo have thick fat but endoo or what ever has recklesness

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

... true, but who cares. if you wanna replsce starters, you gota have two DSes and 2 games.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, maybe they don't really complaint about pure Grass and pure Water because at the past, the first pure Grass and Water don't have many fantards, while the first Fire/Fighting has a lot of them. Well, i'm just guessing but maybe it's correct.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:46 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I don't find having multiple starters of a certain type being a mono type over & over again as much of a problem as say having multiple starters of a certain type combo over & over again, it's just weird considering that it's both types that are the same which gets a little stupid after a while, good type combo or no good type combo...being single typed all the time, while the type of choice may be terrible, it is only 1 type repeating itself & the starter's main type at that so not as big of a deal in almost anyway imo...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
I don't find having multiple starters of a certain type being a mono type over & over again as much of a problem as say having multiple starters of a certain type combo over & over again, it's just weird considering that it's both types that are the same which gets a little stupid after a while, good type combo or no good type combo...being single typed all the time, while the type of choice may be terrible, it is only 1 type repeating itself & the starter's main type at that so not as big of a deal in almost anyway imo...

Plus it has been fire/fighting three time in a row, but only grass and water twice...

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Steelbound wrote:
... true, but who cares. if you wanna replsce starters, you gota have two DSes and 2 games.

thats why i can i have 3 DS (1 DSI 2 Lites (first normal broke so i got a DS lite then brother broke but it still works the screen cant stay up) and im geting black and white the i'll have all the games once more (expt GBC i have a japanese Green from questionble orgin a english red and crystal japanese gold my friends gona get me a english and thats it)

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next