It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 This sub forum sucks. 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Why is this sub forum so boring? I remember back when there was actually interesting discussion outside of "____________ vs. ___________", "who should i add 2 my team", "Retarded Ruby and Stupid Sapphire remakes!!1"

Does nobody play RSE anymore or what? I was promoted to Psypoke Gym Leader in 2005 and this was the first sub forum I got to moderate, so it's one of my favorites by default. Whenever I see "new post in Hoenn Generation" I get all excited and stuff and when I click I'm disappointed because the newest post was in a stupid thread nobody cares about. I tried to make threads to liven this forum up but nothing is working. My threads get ignored and stupid threads like "shiny pokemon" continue to rise in popularity.

LETS GO BACK TO BEFORE DIAMOND AND PEARL WERE RELEASED. :(

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
THANK YOU!!!SOME ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!!!!Sorry,I had to get that out.I can't stand the Hoen subforum taking so much sh!t.I thuoght I would love this forum when I first visited it,but I was sorely disappointed.You put my feelings into one neat paragraph.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As Gym Leader for here and Sevii Islands, this is one of two game-specific subforums I read daily. I dunno, I still only own FR, LG, and Emerald, so when I play Pokemon, Emerald has lately been my game of choice. I've been trying to beat the Battle Frontier, and after having some terrible success with that with my first-string team, I've also lately been trying to breed a new Metagross and a Wobbuffet to use there as well.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I've been playing Emerald a lot too lately. I was breeding for Milotic to use at Battle Frontier to replace Ludicolo. I haven't played RS or FRLG in a long time, but I don't really like those games that much anyway, mostly just Emerald. I'm disappointed that nobody ever makes BF threads anymore :(

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I only played through Emerald once on an emulator, and I really liked it. Unfortunately I lost my cartridge of Ruby, and I played through that thing a lot. Using many different Pokemon.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:01 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Realize that at least 75% of the pokemon community is 12 years old/younger. As the pokemon franchise ages, we encounter more youths who only care about the "new," because they weren't playing when the "old" was popular. Its unlikely you will find anyone posting here other than old timers who still play these games out of nostalgia.

I feel your pain.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:49 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

you're right, this sub-forum is basically dying. i dont see why so many people all say they hated this generation though. it was pretty good, and it was the only one to have a grass starter that was really fast

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

ArcaNineTales wrote:
Realize that at least 75% of the pokemon community is 12 years old/younger. As the pokemon franchise ages, we encounter more youths who only care about the "new," because they weren't playing when the "old" was popular. Its unlikely you will find anyone posting here other than old timers who still play these games out of nostalgia.

I feel your pain.

Not really, I think the majority of this forum's userbase actually GREW UP with RSE. I'd say most members are aged 13-16, meaning their first games were most likely Ruby and Sapphire, as much as I hate to admit it. I've seen plenty of members admit to this and claim that RSE were the "good old days."

Oh well, I guess Hoenn is just dead in general. I figured it would suffer the same fate as our Kanto and Johto forums...

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
If only it didn't have to die.:'(
~goodbye,childhood memories~

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:28 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The worst part is that this is probably the only generation that won't be remade, because it was already a GBA game.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Im sad that the Johto Region died, and the new Johto Region got skipped over pretty fast due to b/w :(

but yes this was a good game

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]