It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 What makes us tick? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

In order to save the mods and admins from further trouble of deleting posts and possibly banning users, why don't we just state what makes us mad so we can avoid the flame?

I already learned that fifaking doesn't like people harassing him and so did a lot of other users. I have no problem with that because I would punch anyone who called me a ten year old to my face for what I liked, too. If you feel you want to post something about you that could avoid a future flame war and let us learn a little more about our fellow users then feel free to. I'm sure we could learn a lot more about each other and build better bonds on this site by doing so.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
Well mostly ignorance upsets me, especially when people are disrespecting my religion or culture by it. it also upsets me when people suggest that they know me, or assume that "I don't understand" certain things, in other words claiming mental superiority.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:14 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Zombie wrote:
Well mostly ignorance upsets me, especially when people are disrespecting my religion or culture by it. it also upsets me when people suggest that they know me, or assume that "I don't understand" certain things, in other words claiming mental superiority.

Yeah, what Zombie said.

And people who post just to say "yeah, what he said".

But mostly people who are just plain mean. I hate it when people post things (or say them in real life) just because they know they will start people fighting or yelling. I have a coworker that, when he was younger, used to love to take the opposite side of an argument and say stupid and inflamitory things just for the sake of stirring things up. Backfired on him once when he pissed someone off to the point of physical violence (luckily, he just got pushed down). It took him a while to learn that it's better to actually believe in what you're saying and to discuss things calmly and with respect.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ticks. Of the Insect type.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Someone who flamed, spammed, then necromanced for a long time. I'm also mad when someone disrespect my Country, my Nation, my Religion, or my Culture.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

BarnOwl wrote:

But mostly people who are just plain mean. I hate it when people post things (or say them in real life) just because they know they will start people fighting or yelling. I have a coworker that, when he was younger, used to love to take the opposite side of an argument and say stupid and inflamitory things just for the sake of stirring things up. Backfired on him once when he pissed someone off to the point of physical violence (luckily, he just got pushed down). It took him a while to learn that it's better to actually believe in what you're saying and to discuss things calmly and with respect.

I strongly agree with that. This happens a lot in my high school during the winter, mainly due to the fact everyone has nothing better to do. I think that's it's one of the most immature things a person can do in their life because it takes no thought process and no common sense to start something with someone over a pointless topic. Unfortunately, with how easily manipulatable some people are in this day an age people act this way because it happens loads of times on reality TV (jersey shore especially) and everyone seems to get away with it because the camera doesn't focus on the aftermath.

current party in HG:
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

While I am annoyed by ignorance/mean people, some of my more minor pet peeves are when people chew loudly and/or with their mouths open, and when people repeatedly open a door that I keep closing. And logical fallacies in an argument/debate.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:22 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Seeing as I'm somewhat of an enigma well...anywhere, I guess I can at least talk about some of the things I absolutely or kind of hate;

In regards to being on forums, etc.
1. I hate it when users don't follow the the more important rules of the forum when they know they know better...
2. I hate it when guests post just to try to tell a registered user about her or himself, mainly when they fail on epic porportions to do so...
3. I hate it when users commit what is known as necromancy without actually contributing to the topic at hand in anyway what so ever...
4. I absolutely hate it when users take a post completely out of context, regardless of circumstances...
5. I absolutely hate it when users post obvious typos due to sheer laziness...
6. I absolutely dispise it when users don't take time to actually read what they are quoting & or replying to beforehand...
7. I hate it when users don't check to make sure they didn't double post with both post saying the same damn thing...
8. I hate it when users disrespect a culture of any kind (I mean I don't like some cultures but I keep my mouth shut which other could learn to do also)...
9. I absolutely hate it when users/mods & or admins create something in the forum such as a topic & then completely forget about it somehow months later...
10. I absolutely dispise when users get outrageously offended or mad by something they supposely happen to see in between the lines of another's post(it's damn ignorant I say, ignorant)...

Other things I hate like IRL
1. I hate when even though people always say chinese people when even though they know that in certain cases it was made very clear that they were japanese or korean, etc...
2. I hate when people call me black or another word I won't say instead of African American when referring to my ethic background...
3. I absolutely dispise idiots & most of their actions...
4. I absolutely dispise it when people are all up in my breathing space while I eat (meaning all up in my face & over my food with mainly their face)...
5. I absolutely hate when women hit men & they weren't hit by them first or really had any reason to hit him (& I'm only talking about like during arguments or something to that effect)...
6. I hate it when people stick to a single statement during a argument, etc...you know what I'm talking about...
7. I absolutely dispise most feminist...
8. I absolutely dispise all fan girls & fan boys...
9. I hate it when everytime there is a movie(most fo the time anyway), that there must also be a game made based on that movie...
10. I absolutely dispise the idea of marriage, period(be glad I keep my mouth shut about not liking it when it is brought up)...
11. I absolutely hate it when the most important parts of games are not tweaked or not done right before a game's released to the public...
12. I absolutely dispise the game industry's idea of...a challenge, making enemies take less damage & do more damage is not an increase in challenge but simply a shoot up in what is probably already outrageous difficulty for a game...
13. I hate all games score attack modes as they are all BS difficult when they are suppose to be modes to see how much score you can get before they end(I mean seriously, WTF!)...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Seeing as I'm somewhat of an enigma well...anywhere, I guess I can at least talk about some of the things I absolutely or kind of hate;
In regards to being on forums, etc.

3. I hate it when users commit what is known as necromancy without actually contributing to the topic at hand in anyway what so ever...
8. I hate it when users disrespect a culture of any kind (I mean I don't like some cultures but I keep my mouth shut which other could learn to do also)...

Other things I hate like IRL

6. I hate it when people stick to a single statement during a argument, etc...you know what I'm talking about...

To #3, it happens. I call it bumping because on another forum I frequent, the most recent 5-15 posts are put up on a little chart to make navigating the site much easier. Many are known to post before even checking the date, I almost did it myself until I realized the thread was from March.
To #8, it's the internet. Unfortunately, culture is one of the many things that is lost the second you open up the internet browser. Personally, I've never really cared about anyone's culture. If it's better than what all of my generation is looking up to, then I'd be glad to look into it and try it.
To #6, some people just don't know how to debate/argue over something. They like to try and keep a conversation going even if it's a lost cause.

And to add to your list, I loathe anyone who has the balls to purposely use bad grammar on a forums site (unless it's for comedic reasons and is otherwise stated).

current party in HG:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:54 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I really do not like ignorance in general. The world would be a better place if everyone was open to learn new things, and consider others opinions seriously, no matter their race, age, or gender.

I also do not like people that think they are better than me because of their gender, religion, and race. It is just plain rude. Personally I am an Atheist and I am tired of people being rude to e because I do not believe in a God.

Another thing I do not like is people that stereo type everyone. Stereo types hurt peoples feelings.

Lastly I do not lie it when people make assumptions about someone because they likes a certain thing. I'm sure some people have thought that I am some 10-year old fantard that uses poor grammer and is very ignorant because my username is Blaziken_is_kool. I do not even use Blaziken in battlem in or out of game.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:59 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Cheerleaders.HATE. (by the way,I mean the stereotype.you know...preppy,"superior",etc)

I hate when somebody makes me feel stupid or says I wouldn't understand.I may not be Einstein,but I AM NOT AN IDIOT!

I hate when adults say something to the effect of "you have no rights because you're a kid".I'm fourteen years old! FourTEEN! I am a human being and I have rights! I can do or say whatever I want (unless God says otherwise,obviously) as long as I'm not breaking the law or threatening anybody.Which I have never done...except that time I mysteriously woke up with a bottle of vodka in my hand.THAT was wierd.

Point is,I have the same rights you adults have.I am just as free to speak,write,assemble,and petition.And everything else,too.Granted,there's a reason for some laws,and I respect those laws.But beyond that,I WILL NOT BE TREATED LIKE A CHILD.Especially not by other people my age;THAT IS BULLS*** AND I WON'T TOLERATE IT!

...Also,I do respect the fact that not everybody is okay with my potty-mouthed language.My apologies for that.

My new Dark dragon,Chaos!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

uh, no offense, Draconian Kelsie, but you actually don't become entitled to all your rights until you're eighteen. and to adults, teenagers ARE children. just remember to respect your elders and whatnot, and it should be fine.

i really hate.... when people argue over stupid stuff (on forums and IRL). or when people are ignorant, and ignore a good piece of advice simply because they don't want to listen to anyone else. okay, well, maybe not hate those things, but they're definitely pet peeves of mine...

Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:17 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Draconian Kelsie wrote:
I hate when adults say something to the effect of "you have no rights because you're a kid".I'm fourteen years old! FourTEEN! I am a human being and I have rights! I can do or say whatever I want (unless God says otherwise,obviously) as long as I'm not breaking the law or threatening anybody.Which I have never done...except that time I mysteriously woke up with a bottle of vodka in my hand.THAT was wierd.

Point is,I have the same rights you adults have.I am just as free to speak,write,assemble,and petition.And everything else,too.Granted,there's a reason for some laws,and I respect those laws.But beyond that,I WILL NOT BE TREATED LIKE A CHILD.Especially not by other people my age;THAT IS BULLS*** AND I WON'T TOLERATE IT!

...Also,I do respect the fact that not everybody is okay with my potty-mouthed language.My apologies for that.

When you can get a job, move out, support yourself, and more importantly grow up, then you're welcome to do whatever you want. ;) If someone is currently feeding you and letting you live under their roof (your parents), then no, you're not entitled to anything you want.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Draconian Kelsie if you are in America you have no technical rights until you turn eighteen. Granted you have some basic rights but you are not on equal terms with adults until legally you are one. Or have yourself legally emancipated, and done what Krisp has said. I live with my dad and I have to abide by his rules and I am eighteen. When you live with a parent then you live by their rules regardless of age. Also the way you posted if that is how you do irl then you act like a child and should be treated as such.

Things I hate, I don't really hate much of anything. Just stupid people. People such that talk about something when they know nothing about it, or have the wrong concept of it.

Also Lawence there is a thing called in the gaming world of actually being able to beat the game. If they make enemies harder to kill and the enemies hit hardr that puts the game at an obscene difficulty that makes it nigh impossible to beat. Thus it makes gamers mad and not want to finish it and return it for their money back.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

shinashu taji wrote:
Draconian Kelsie if you are in America you have no technical rights until you turn eighteen. Granted you have some basic rights but you are not on equal terms with adults until legally you are one. Or have yourself legally emancipated, and done what Krisp has said. I live with my dad and I have to abide by his rules and I am eighteen. When you live with a parent then you live by their rules regardless of age. Also the way you posted if that is how you do irl then you act like a child and should be treated as such.

I think in austraila that we are allowed to move away from home at the age of 16 and can get a job at the age of 14 and 3/4(still only vote at 18 though(and unlike in america, we have to vote, which sucks why they both bad candidates). But that might not be true, just a very big hunch.

What ticks me of...well i am an optimist, so really anything negative and chaotic. Also things invloving culture and religion. I am an athiest, but half my family is christian and do i make a big fuss about it? NO! So get over it if someone is a budist and your a christian. This rule does not apply if you are a Nazi trying to kill the jews. If this is you, then i hate you.

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:11 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Although I won't change my opinion on this topic,I believe I should apologize for my language.Also,I'm truly sorry if I offended somebody.I was really mad when I posted that and it should never have left my mind.That's no excuse,but I don't know what else to say.My apologies.

My new Dark dragon,Chaos!

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As long as I can't hear you **** eat, I'm OK.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DatVu wrote:

That bothers me too, along with talking while eating.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:13 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

B-Mac wrote:
And to add to your list, I loathe anyone who has the balls to purposely use bad grammar on a forums site (unless it's for comedic reasons and is otherwise stated).

I don't even know if this should be taken as an insult or not(along with everything else you said anyway) but I do not use bad grammer if that is what you are implying...

shinashu taji wrote:
Also Lawence there is a thing called in the gaming world of actually being able to beat the game. If they make enemies harder to kill and the enemies hit hardr that puts the game at an obscene difficulty that makes it nigh impossible to beat. Thus it makes gamers mad and not want to finish it and return it for their money back.

I know that, I can beat the games but they are in no way fun to me & that is why it ticks me off so much so I though that I would list it since it is something that ticks me off...

DatVu wrote:

Something that ticks me off as well recently when my step ness does it, why me...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:38 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
First off, 'What makes you tick' means what motivates you not what annoys you I believe you are thinking of 'what ticks you off'.

What ticks me off is laziness, especially when someone doesn't do something intentionally, like when by brother refuses to lift the toilet seat.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:43 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Browners wrote:
First off, 'What makes you tick' means what motivates you not what annoys you I believe you are thinking of 'what ticks you off'.

You should read the opening post...if you're not referring to me then my bad...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
I was referring to the the OP, I was pointing out that the phrase in the thread title doesn't mean what was thought it did, sorry if it sounded a bit abrupt.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:29 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Browners wrote:
I was referring to the the OP, I was pointing out that the phrase in the thread title doesn't mean what was thought it did, sorry if it sounded a bit abrupt.

Oh well then as I said before, my bad...

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:57 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Lawence Codye wrote:
Browners wrote:

You should read the opening post...if your not referring to me then my bad...

"If your"

If "you're"

If you are not

Jesus Christ... wtf?!

"YOUR" IS POSSESSIVE!

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Um, DatVu, don't you think that you're a little overreacted? Anyway, other things that ticks me off was anything that annoys me when i were on my private times.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next