It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:02 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AcCosmi wrote:
Bulbapedia [possibly] ruined my night.
Fancy thing about page numbers means the starter evos are possibly faked.
And just when they updated the Sugimori art to look even more win than the first time... ;_;

wtf are you talking about?? corocoro leaks and 2ch have been reliable in the past. if you're not talking about the news on the main page of this site, then what are you talking about?? please explain....

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ugh all this is retarded. If they are fake then they are fake. Regardless I don't give a crap. Don't like Chaobuu don't use him. Just because a typing is rehashed don't mean squat. I could go on a rant how they are redoing stuff with Smugleaf, but I won't go into that.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Agreed. They're redoing a LOT of ideas and such this time around.
They admitted it in that interview, they were like, "We're completely starting from scratch, so we don't care that we've made dogs and spiders before."
Yeah, I paraphrased, but that's basically what they were saying.

Also, Fire/Fighting is a good type combo. So they like it, cool.
It's not my favorite, and I'd like to see what else they could push themselves to come up with, but hey it works.
At least they're also giving us some FANTASTIC new options!
Speaking of which, is this gonna be a Gen IV repeat, where there are close to no Fire-types available?
Now that I think about it, I haven't heard of that many.
Granted, we still have a TON to be revealed, but Insta-bacon and Daruma-flame are the only two confirmed ones I recall. (I'm excluding legends)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

There was an article on the home page of Bulbapedia, and there was an update that stated the possibility of a particular scan being faked, involving the page numbers on those scans, and how they differ from the others. In hindsight, I find my comment fairly stupid (I apologize for accidental trolling), especially considering another scan with Chaobuu having the same numbering as the other scans.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AcCosmi wrote:
There was an article on the home page of Bulbapedia, and there was an update that stated the possibility of a particular scan being faked, involving the page numbers on those scans, and how they differ from the others. In hindsight, I find my comment fairly stupid (I apologize for accidental trolling), especially considering another scan with Chaobuu having the same numbering as the other scans.

ah. okay, thanks for clarifying.

about the fire/fighting typing: i guess it's a good type combo, and makes for some interesting designs, but i would like to see what kind of stuff they come up with otherwise. but now that i think about it, they probably draw/design the pokemon first, then assign types, right?? correct me if i'm wrong.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

anyway even if I dont like the typing for the fire starter I'm going to stop complaining and go choose the grass one then(would be my first grass-type starter all other regions I used fire except for RSE where I chose mudkip). Well they DID make a lot of effort in this game, starting from scratch, making TMs wont disappear after use and lots of other good stuff, I think we'll all enjoy it =)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
well I'm excited regardless of ridiculous starters

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
but now that i think about it, they probably draw/design the pokemon first, then assign types, right?? correct me if i'm wrong.

K, I will =P

In the Pokemon Peer interview with Sugimori and the design team for the Gen, they discussed the many methods to their madness.
There were 17 different designers, and they split the work up pretty evenly. It all started with them being like "Ooh I want to draw this" and "Hey that'd be a neat idea" but as deadlines came closer and stress levels rose, it became "Hey we still need this type combo, so do that" and "Look, we really need this Pokemon so come up with what it should look like".
So, to correct you, kind of a combination of both. =D

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Erm... Anyone else see the cute li'l Pokeballshroom guy looking a little bit like spoink? Will his evo look like Grumpig? OR EVEN BRELOOM?"

{breloom} + {spoink} + {voltorb} = Pokeshroom

I'm stuck between the Wotter and the Snarky Snake. We'll have to see. Wonder what sorts of unique-ish moves they'll have?

I might go with Wotter just so I don't have to see that stoopid fire starter. *disappointed grumble*

Also, glad to have you on Psypokes, Cosmi! Welcome!

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Last edited by LeoTheLion on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
rex09 wrote:
but now that i think about it, they probably draw/design the pokemon first, then assign types, right?? correct me if i'm wrong.

K, I will =P

In the Pokemon Peer interview with Sugimori and the design team for the Gen, they discussed the many methods to their madness.
There were 17 different designers, and they split the work up pretty evenly. It all started with them being like "Ooh I want to draw this" and "Hey that'd be a neat idea" but as deadlines came closer and stress levels rose, it became "Hey we still need this type combo, so do that" and "Look, we really need this Pokemon so come up with what it should look like".
So, to correct you, kind of a combination of both. =D

So the question is, which one did they do for the starters? O_o we'll probably never know... T_T

lol not like it really matters anyways... who knows, maybe there'll be some new twist that will make Fire/Fighting that much more interesting.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Fire fighting is a nice typing, but doing it three times in a row, not very imaginative. Im thinkin of going with a different starter this time around. I usually pick fire, but this time around im thinkin of a different poke..

5 DAYS!!

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:52 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AcCosmi wrote:

yeah i was on Bulbapedia watching them go on and on about that scan being fake, they all hate the starter evos over there. They are bitching about Pokabu being Fire/ Fighting too. Honestly i didnt like them at first especially Mijumaru's final, but ive warmed up to all but Pokabu's 3rd. Honestly i dont care anymore. Im going with Tsutaja and Mijumaru now. I'll just trade for a Pokabu, since i dont really care for it. Also i dodnt know if you guys know that Melkor the Pokexperto webmaster has been leaking all the Pokemon, and he says he'll have all the sprites leaked by Wed. He is trustworthy because some of his leaked Pokemon were just shown in CoroCoro- He showed Monmen, Churine, Dangoro, and Choroneko before they were revealed in CoroCoro. He has a very secret inside source that is gonna get in alot of trouble if GF/NIntendo finds out he/she has been leaking these Pokemon to Melkor.

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay, I'm gonna be honest people. I actually think Pokabus and his evo's design are cool. (C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER) Oh no, he has Rhyperiors pose, CALL THE COPS. I just am true to water pokes. I've always chose them first time around and I will this time too... even if he does suddenly go from otter, to sea lion/otter. (That's sort of a combo breaker too) :D

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:06 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Alright, lot to state my opinion about since the Battle Subway;

Dento's/Poddo's/Kon's Gym = This gym concept alone gets me excited enough about the 5th Gen games to want to play the game...I will be battling Poddo as I am without question at this point picking Tsutaaja end of decussion, anywho I hope that they don't just use that 1 pokemon cause I actually like the fact that the 1st gym leader has more then 1 pokemon, even if you may not choose to at that point...I like how Kon looks more so then the other two & the gym looks great as it did when it was first revealed...

Aloe's Gym = Glad to see she isn't the Grass Gym Leader as was claimed at some point in the past cause Normal Type seems to suit her quite well considering her appearance which I also like better now because of this...

Dream World = Nice to see the possibility of it being available before beating the story cause I was really hoping that at least there would be a chance of this...

PokeShifter Mini-Game = Glad to see that this has a chance to also be available before beating the story cause I really don't like doing events after the game is basically beaten since it seems out of place & boring under the curcumstances for example : "I liked how I got the Oak's Letter before I got through the secret passage of Victory Road with Marly & right when I got the the rock the event was pretty much already activated...everything ran smoothly & didn't feel fake & what not, plus I didn't have to come back which would have been an unneccessary chore if anything"...

Geechisu = doesn't look that much like a relative of N's anymore but I still have a hunch that he might be an ancestor of sorts but other then that I no longer see a direct relation between him & N...Geechisu himself though looks somewhat unimpressive, don't ask me why cause I really do not know...

Yanappu/Baoppu/Hiyappu = Nice to see that the trio was confirmed as real cause I like them all in the following order from worse to best; Baoppu, Yanappu & finally Hiyappu...

Basurao = It's formes both look great but I hope that their is a bigger difference then just appearance...

Choroneko = Glad to see a rival have a pokemon that is not a starter once again finally cause it is just better this way & anywho, I also like that it is a Dark Type & is a very close looker to Glameow, just don't evolve the same way...regardless I see myself using it & Glameow side by side in a battle just cause they look good together...

Yorterri = More proof that the region is New York based, anywho it looks adorable & is a nice Pick Up user to have around imo...

Desukaan = I like it's arms better in it's more recent appearances & it's ability Mummy is just fantastic imo...

Ononokusu = Awesome looking Dragon Type & with Mold Breaker...about time is what I have to say to this, I will definetely enjoy this Dragon Type that is for sure & it's new attack is promising...

Denchura = Finally a Bug/Electric Type I mean really, finally...this pokemon has 1 of the most interesting appearances & the single most interesting Type combo among the revealed pokemon so far hands down...

Doryuuzu = Even though it's typing was seen before, it's the best typing for it obviously & it's new attack that has a high critical hit ratio is interesting imo...

Buffalon = I liked Tauros as much as I like this new pokemon & yes that's a good thing, It looks interesting, can't wait to test it out...

Dangoro = A pokemon that's technically an antique...good idea Gamefreak & I look forward to seeing if this pokemon has a great story behind it or not...

Mebukijika = I like & dislike where this is going, what I like about it is that even after it evolves, it gets to keep changing appearances by the season & that it is a flat out Reindeer & gets complete attire changes based on the seasons as well...though what I don't like is that it's Spring forme is lacking dreadfully & yes I get that that's the season when flowers first bloom but still they couldn't do it for presentation's sake, doesn't matter, just a forme...

Tabunne = While it doens't look as much like a bunny as before, I see the Nurses having this pokemon for sure & I also see myself testing this pokemon out as well as it is absolutely precious quite literally...

Monmen = I'm dissapointed that this is the 1 I will end up getting in the verison I'm get, that being said it looks OK & I hope it evolves & that it evolves into something that looks a bit scary even though it is simply a cotton ball as it is now...

Churine = I'm dissapointed that this is the 1 I will not end up getting in the version I'm get, that being said it looks great & I'm curious to see if it evolves & how it will look upon evolution...

Tamagetake = Yeah, another mushroom pokemon & I like it with it's Poke Ball pattern on it's head though I am wondering if it will have like a Great Ball pattern version or something to that effect...

Cross Fire/Cross Thunder = I am not ammused by either of them & that's all I'm going to say about this...

Chaobuu = I am officially getting tired of the minor unoriginality with the typing of well, the Fire Starter...Fire/Fighting again I mean this is starting to get outrageous & is already uninteresting...*sign* oh well, won't be using it unless it's Evolution looks better then what was leaked recently...at this stage it is tolerable however & I have 1 thing I like about it's typing when looking at it, defensive oreinted sumo or hariyama type pokemon appeal...

Futachimaru = Even the name of this pokemon is awesome but that being said, it is imo very poorly colored & I say this because Mijumaru had a nice color scheme to it but then it evolves into this mesh of blues that don't go together well & even loses it's white color though, really...of course it's not a big deal now but once it evolves if what I saw recently is real then it gets even worse as that will mean that it's last stage will only really be the uglier of the blue colors & it's shells will retain their color though I don't like the position of those either...anywho, it's pose & appearance otherwise is awesome(talking about Futachimaru here) & I will evolve Mijumaru once but most likely not again cause Futachimaru may lose all of it's previous appeal once it itself evolves into that blue blob with a helmet on that is it's unconfirmed 2nd stage evolution at this time though if that is real I say it's typing is going to be Water/Steel seeing as Pokabu's evolution chain's typing is going exactly as Chimchar's did exactly...

Jyanobii = I like everything about this evolution except the color scheme which while good is dissapointing due to the fact that when I saw the leaked Best Wishes scans, I had high hopes that Tsutaaja's evolution would have at least a notacibly different color scheme consisting of a very Dark Color or Black at least which it has none of but whatever, maybe next evolution stage, maybe...anywho, it actually looks less sinister at this stage which is dismissing my assumptions that it might be Grass/Dark & now giving me the idea that instead it might be Grass/Psychic upon evolution but I still say Grass/Dragon as my first choice & due to Choabuu's typing I now say that if those last evolution's are real that it's typing be Grass/Ground upon evolution yes like in Gen IV...

Whew, that's it finally...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:26 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I just thought of this, if the first gym has different gym leaders depending on your starter, would the TM given after you won be different as well? Cuz every time you beat a gym you get a TM that has a move same with the gym's type (eg.stealth rock, Shadow Claw, Grass knot) so we might get different TM as well? I mean there's fire water and grass monkey.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wow I never thought about that. If there is that means we'd have to fight them with each of the starters to get all the TM's in the game unless there is a way to obtain them later-on in game

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:52 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I'm guessing that it will be a TM for a Normal Type attack or a Non-Damaging attack move...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
I'm guessing that it will be a TM for a Normal Type attack or a Non-Damaging attack move...

Who knows I guess we'll have to wait and see

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Less than a week remaining to the game. Which Pokemon do you think is going to win the Poll? I personally think it is going to be one of the many legendaries posted in the pic, if those are available as real.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:09 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:

or something even better since all the monkeys are identical to aipom I'm guessing different types of fake out maybe? Or maybe it will be a little special different types of stealth rock? If there are 3 different Tms in one gym and you can only obtain one of them maybe there's another special way to obtain them, maybe you have to battle them again(rematch after the pokemon league perhaps)? I'm thinking you get the 1st one after you beaten the gym, second tm when they come and teach you how to triple battle(its new and it has been confirmed that there are some types of combo moves, maybe they will teach you some and give you a tm afterwards?) and the last one when you battle them after the pokemon league or do some task? Maybe one of them shows up in some places that has the same type as your starter and say ''You know I could help teach your pokabu/tsutaaja/mijumaru some moves since its the same type as my yanappu but only after you beat me''.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:09 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

4 days! 4 days! 4 Days ubtil we find out whats real and whats not and what all the new pokes are!!!!!!

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I love the 1st stage evovlution of pokabu and the 2nd stage ...ehh hope thats not real
man i was hoping wotters evo would become water fighting

i love the yorkie and buffalon but i dont want to many parrelels with past generations in fact this pokemon are one of the most origanal ive seen and so waht if there using the same animals over again

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Honestly I would like the fire if it is a mono stat attacker Tank, because both Infernape and Blaziken are mix attackers that can't really take a hit, More like Magmotar or Rhyperior (which it looks alot like)

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

/vXv\ wrote:
Honestly I would like the fire if it is a mono stat attacker Tank, because both Infernape and Blaziken are mix attackers that can't really take a hit, More like Magmotar or Rhyperior (which it looks alot like)

Exactly. He would be awesome if he was. I honestly don't mind him all that much, I just think the typing gets old. And you guys need to stop hating on the 2nd evo of Pokabu, it's not his fault he suffers from Mid-Evo Syndrome, unlike the other two.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
its not just the second evo, its third evo is REALLY UGLY

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:56 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next