It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:20 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, that's good, if the legendary was just 13, i don't mind. I guess the one who said that it will be 17 legendaries counts in the pseudo-legendaries as well.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hm, some more rumors according to another site, just for conversation's sake:
(Hopefully I don't get in trouble for this)

- There are two fossils, a turtle and a bird
- There's a pair of Bug/Steel-type Pokes (Spider and Bug with knight armor)
- There's a Grass/Steel-type Poke that looks like a metal ball with green spikes that turn into tentacles upon evolution
- There's a Steel/Dark-type family (holy Fighting-type weakness, Batman!)
- There are seven new Poison-types, three of them are Bug/Poison-type, there's a Grass/Poison-type mushroom and his evo, and a pure Poison-type and his evo described as "interesting to say the least"
- There are seven new Ice-types, the Dragon/Ice-type Legendary, a polar bear and its evolution described as "cute and fierce", a three-stage line, and a standalone Ice-type
- Some new types include Water/Ghost-type, Fire/Ghost-type, and Fighting/Dark-type
- There are NO new evolutions of old Pokes
- There are NO split evolutions (like Slowbro/Slowking)
-- There are, however, lots of alternate Formes this time around
- Dento's Gym focuses on Grass-, Fire- and Water-types (duh)
- Aloe's Gym is Normal-type
- Other "known" Gym types are Bug-, Ground- and Dragon-type
- Apparently Gym types that do not exist are Dark-, Rock-, Psychic- or Poison-type

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

More Poison-type pokemon, hopefully it won't be sucks. And NO new evolutions for old pokemon? Too bad, but that's not really that bad afterall. And fortunately, more unique typings, awesome.

But yeah, i wish that rumor didn't cause any trouble.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think the small rock type Dangoro evolves into the other blue-and-red rock type previously shown,
Tabunne looks cute, reminds me of a digimon named patamon.
Baffalon reminds me of tauros, but in a good way.
The new cat has been stereotyped yet again as an evil-affiliate pokemon. How sad. I liek cats.
The new puppy dog looks nice.
Desukaan looks really nifty.
I'm definitely getting Denchura.

NO new evos for OLD sucks only because Mamanbou fits as an evo for luvdisc.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Last edited by AceTrainer on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:16 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

cant believe its going to be fire/fighting again, =.=

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Max_LKC wrote:

Wait, how did you know that?

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:49 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I love the first gym's concept. It's very interesting...depending on the starter you chose, you get to fight one of three leaders. I'm excited that I'll be fighting Dento; I really like what I've seen of him so far. A male grass gym leader? That is **** AWESOME. There needs to be a female bug gym leader in Isshu too! I really hope they were innovative with the rest of the gyms. Also glad to see the starter evolutions are confirmed, Wotter and his evolutions are great. I liked Pokabu too but his evolutions disappoint me. I'm also kinda disappointed his evolutions are fighting/fire whilst the grass and water starters stay one type. I assume he'll be the reject starter, which might seem odd considering he's fire (and little kids all love fire!)

My favorite part, though? PUPPY AND KITTY POKEMON!!!!!! I just want to hug them! ;_; Please god don't let them evolve into something horrible!

I'm really excited for these games now, the majority of the Pokemon revealed are freakin' awesome and I love the new features that continue to be revealed.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It says so on psypoke's home page pokabu will evolve into chaobuu the fire/fighting fire pig. It has already been confirmed. Even though it is only the secondary stage evolution not the third it will be unlikely for it to change its typing. The other two are pure water and grass type but there is a high chance there's a secondary type since its still the secondary stage evolution, pretty much seem like DPP for me {monferno} is a fire fighting whereas {grotle} and {prinplup} gets their secondary typing on the last stage of evolution.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:03 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

According to the source I've read (Pokebeach) they will stay pure water and grass. It's not 100% confirmed but they were right about everything else.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:09 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I can see Ononokuzu jumping to Ubers. Why? Well, it is presumably a pseudo-legendary Dragon WITHOUT a 4x Ice weakness, and it gets MOLD BREAKER. 'Nuf said.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Max_LKC wrote:

Yeah that just sucks

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

wow first your rival prys on your weakness but now the gyms

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:41 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
Hm, some more rumors according to another site, just for conversation's sake:
(Hopefully I don't get in trouble for this)

- There are two fossils, a turtle and a bird
- There's a pair of Bug/Steel-type Pokes (Spider and Bug with knight armor)
- There's a Grass/Steel-type Poke that looks like a metal ball with green spikes that turn into tentacles upon evolution
- There's a Steel/Dark-type family (holy Fighting-type weakness, Batman!)
- There are seven new Poison-types, three of them are Bug/Poison-type, there's a Grass/Poison-type mushroom and his evo, and a pure Poison-type and his evo described as "interesting to say the least"
- There are seven new Ice-types, the Dragon/Ice-type Legendary, a polar bear and its evolution described as "cute and fierce", a three-stage line, and a standalone Ice-type
- Some new types include Water/Ghost-type, Fire/Ghost-type, and Fighting/Dark-type
- There are NO new evolutions of old Pokes
- There are NO split evolutions (like Slowbro/Slowking)
-- There are, however, lots of alternate Formes this time around
- Dento's Gym focuses on Grass-, Fire- and Water-types (duh)
- Aloe's Gym is Normal-type
- Other "known" Gym types are Bug-, Ground- and Dragon-type
- Apparently Gym types that do not exist are Dark-, Rock-, Psychic- or Poison-type

Woot, No evolutiosn for old pokemon!!!! Hopefully this means were gonna have some sweet lookin ones.
Finally, No rock gyom as the first gym. That was really gettin annoyin.
No split evo's, dang I really liked thoes.

As for everything else SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET, still gotta wait 7 days to see whats real and whats lies.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Really excited about Dento! And is that true Krisp, about it depending on your starter? Sounds like a nice challenge. And I have FALLEN IN LOVE with Shijikas evo. Especially the winter one, I want one so bad. And that bull is cool too, i'm guessing he's supposed to be like a black guy with the afro and "bling"? Denchura = AWESOME. And I'm glad the little cotton guy is Black exclusive, because I also liked the little gummy bear dude :D So far, I'm really liking this generation, the same way I liked RSE, I hope it's as good as their making it sound (:

Last edited by Magikarps_Beast on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:50 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

O.o OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG O.o
I think that covers my excitement on the updates!!!!!!!!!
I mean, fighting legendaries?! A pure-flying?! EVERYTHING?! I. CAN'T. WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't even completely read the new news and im already extremely excited! I also love Shikijika's evo! Definately gonna catch that, and, and *huff huff huff* OMG! I AM SO EXCITED! I don't even care about how disappointed I am about Pokabu's evos! THE REST IS TOO AWESOME!!! Plz tell me i'm not the only one freaking out!

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nakuzami wrote:
O.o OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG O.o
I mean, fighting legendaries?! A pure-flying?! EVERYTHING?! I. CAN'T. WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't even completely read the new news and im already extremely excited! I also love Shikijika's evo! Definately gonna catch that, and, and *huff huff huff* OMG! I AM SO EXCITED! I don't even care about how disappointed I am about Pokabu's evos! THE REST IS TOO AWESOME!!! Plz tell me i'm not the only one freaking out!

Whoa, calm down, take a few deep breaths, ok you good? Save some of the total freak out and excitment for the 18th.
( What the heck ill have freak out moment too- WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT ( runs around in a circle looking like an idiot) Ok im done.)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:57 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

GofD wrote:
Nakuzami wrote:

Whoa, calm down, take a few deep breaths, ok you good? Save some of the total freak out and excitment for the 18th.
( What the heck ill have freak out moment too- WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT ( runs around in a circle looking like an idiot) Ok im done.)

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe o-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Nope, still too excited[: Well, i think my idiot moment is over, it's just all so exciting! Except for the part where Pokabu's evos were real, but i'm glad Tsutaaja's were. Now, I WILL pick Tsutaaja and DEFINATELY WILL NOT pick Pokabu. They could've done so much more with that little pile of bacon and they kind of screwed up...:'( he was cute at first, then he evolved.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I wonder if the Weather Stag will also change Formes based on the weather, or if he's like {wormadam} and is stuck once evolved.
Wait, that would count as a split evolution, wouldn't it?
So I guess HE CHANGES FORMES EVERY MONTH OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Good thing only the second starter evo's were confirmed because if the final evo's get confirmed I will be going grass this time around.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OMG I just read that Desukaan has an ability supposedly called "Mummy" that changes the opponent's ability to Mummy also when it's attacked!
And I guess the Spider has an ability that disallows its opponent from eating berries. Looks like these two will really add some strategy to the metagame...
And Tabunne has a "Healing Wave" type attack, that heals both of its allies.
And the water monkey knows a Water-type move that can also burn.
And, and, and, OMG!

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm tired of these fire-fighting starters... TTATT Blaziken was cool until Infenape and the pig showed up. I'm gonna have to choose Water or Grass this time around, depending on the final typing.

Can I has awesome deer plz? I love how gender ambiguous it is. :D

I hope that little rat dog evolves into something better. I hate pocket dogs and the so far, the Pok

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ZOMGZ!!! I would just like to say one thing regarding the latest update:

Those Pokemon made me want to actually get the Japanese version, just so i'd be able to keep up with everyone else on this site who'll have them before me. and, yeah... SO EXCITED!! :mrgreen: :razz: :-D :-)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rex09 wrote:
ZOMGZ!!! I would just like to say one thing regarding the latest update:

Those Pokemon made me want to actually get the Japanese version, just so i'd be able to keep up with everyone else on this site who'll have them before me. and, yeah... SO EXCITED!! :mrgreen: :razz: :-D :-)
SOLID SNAKE SACKBOY! Okay, this news is the best I've seen since the starter evos. This... This is almost as good as awesome sauce turkey bacon!
Nakuzami wrote:

Calm down Nakuzami! You're starting to sound like Datvu![/sarcasm]

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I love how everyone is getting sick of the Fire/Fighting typing. The same could be said of the Normal/Flying combo. I can't wait to get my hands on it. All the new Pokemon revealed thus far. With all the cute Pokemon I just might do a cute Pokemon only run. I would keep Pokabu in its initial stage an use Pokemon like Yuterii and Chillarmy.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Bulbapedia [possibly] ruined my night.
Fancy thing about page numbers means the starter evos are possibly faked.
And just when they updated the Sugimori art to look even more win than the first time... ;_;

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:06 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next