It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Smart 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

One rule of this forum is everyone has a hueg IQ!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DatVu wrote:
One rule of this forum is everyone has a hueg IQ!

LOL, yeah, i think at least half of people here have a good amount of IQ, and are smart in their own way.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:50 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Actually, before anyone else gets the idea that I wasn't being facetious, a good portion of people here have claimed to be tested at an above average level, which can't be true, because the average IQ of this site should be average statistically, and the average person receives no such legitimate testing in their lifetime.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:57 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
It could be that the pokemon franchise attracts the smarter end of the spectrum, that some people have an high opinion of themselves or the 'big fish, small pond - small fish, big pond' concept, just because you a one of the smarter ones in your class/friend group doesn't mean you are exceptional, as with everything -it's all relative.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Browners wrote:
that some people have an high opinion of themselves or the 'big fish, small pond - small fish, big pond' concept, just because you a one of the smarter ones in your class/friend group doesn't mean you are exceptional, as with everything -it's all relative.

Thank you for saying that. It''ll be something I'll try to keep in mind, lol. I don't want to become conceited, lol.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:20 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Browners wrote:
It could be that the pokemon franchise attracts the smarter end of the spectrum, that some people have an high opinion of themselves or the 'big fish, small pond - small fish, big pond' concept, just because you a one of the smarter ones in your class/friend group doesn't mean you are exceptional, as with everything -it's all relative.

Statistically, that isn't true. And really, there's nothing here that honestly makes me think otherwise. But welcome back, I don't remember seeing you here way before I was modded. O:

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:30 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The topic should have been closed after Frost's post. Tired of reading about people inflating their egos with equally inflated claims of intelligence.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ArcaNineTales wrote:
The topic should have been closed after Frost's post. Tired of reading about people inflating their egos with equally inflated claims of intelligence.

No offense, but nobody's making you click the thread title.

Smart... meh. different people think of it different ways, and i'll just leave it at that, lol.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:00 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

ArcaNineTales wrote:

What, you're telling me you're tired of people who can't use proper punctuation, capitalization, or spelling calling themselves smart?!

>mfw

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If I was smart, or had any lick of intelligence or common sense, I wouldn't procrastinate. I procrastinate too much, and frankly I am to smart to do something like that. In the common sense area I just lack it completely, there are things I should know but just don't and sometimes that gets me into trouble it is like open mouth insert foot sometimes with me. By no means am I a genius in all the IQ tests I have ever taken I am only just a little bit above average, so I have nothing to brag about in the IQ department. So all in all I won't say that I am smart, but I am not going to say that I am stupid, just really thick and dense.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ok, i have NEVER goten strait A's in my life, and have a IQ of about 127. why? course of my life. started reading at 3. at the age of 5 i built a claw to grab stuff i could not reach with wood, nails, lube, and a paperclip. age of 10, got first erector set, built a machine that whenever i puled a string, turned off my light. age of 14, already gone out of state and attended 2 NC State engenering summer programs. you have to apply. yeah, I'm pretty much a litle above adverage, but theyres nothin i cant do without the right suplies.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:25 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm in the special ed classes and I'm failing almost all my classes but people call me smart because when it comes to anything about Pigs, or a farm or anything Agricultural wise I can either fix it, bring it back to health, or raise it to be almost perfect. And I almost never need to look anyting up.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What does one define as "smart"? There's many "smarts".

Street smarts
book smarts
Life smarts
technoligical smarts
video game smarts
art smarts
mechanical smarts

I could go on, but I think you get my drift. We are all "smart", just at different things. Take me for example, when i was in high school, I completed everything on time, began studing for exams 3months before, and did well on tests. One could say I had/have school smarts. Now, I cant get a job, have no idea what I want to do, have trouble talking to people, have no "connections", yada,yada,yada. One could say I lack life smarts.

Since we are all different its hard to ssy whos "smart" and whos not. Like I said before, we are all "smart" at something not everything.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

true.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:29 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
DatVu wrote:
Browners wrote:

Statistically, that isn't true. And really, there's nothing here that honestly makes me think otherwise. But welcome back, I don't remember seeing you here way before I was modded. O:

Sorry about late reply, went on holiday! It's good to be back, I was more of a lurker back then, I didn't post much. It's changed loads from back then, people that is, only the staff and a couple of members are familiar!

GofD wrote:
What does one define as "smart"? There's many "smarts".

Street smarts
book smarts
Life smarts
technoligical smarts
video game smarts
art smarts
mechanical smarts

I could go on, but I think you get my drift. We are all "smart", just at different things. Take me for example, when i was in high school, I completed everything on time, began studing for exams 3months before, and did well on tests. One could say I had/have school smarts. Now, I cant get a job, have no idea what I want to do, have trouble talking to people, have no "connections", yada,yada,yada. One could say I lack life smarts.

Since we are all different its hard to ssy whos "smart" and whos not. Like I said before, we are all "smart" at something not everything.

I worked with a guy last summer who made and excellent point about another guy, Dave (who actually got me the job there), he said "Dave may not be the brightest person but he's the one with the sports car and retiring with a good pension and I'm cycling to work", I've known Dave for a while and that summed it up quite well, he left school with few qualifications and can just about spell his name, but he is one of the most street smart peeple I know, he is shrewd and made the most of opportunities that came his way, which I would think is the most useful type of smart in life.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

4 things i like/hate about myself

1. i hate being alone.
2. i cant get a GF (help me!(not really)
3. i love just being in a forest or some other natural place, and just resting, kinda feel like I'm in tune w/ nature or something. live in the city where it's hard to do that.
4. i have become pretty weird. most people avoid me.

yeah. Big IQ= Big problems.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2